main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Lands of the Dead (Post-NJO AU: Anakin Solo, Jacen, Jaina, L/M,H/L,many more) New fic 4/16!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, May 30, 2008.

1. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
  2. Magnuskn

Magnuskn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    STILL missing Darth Malig dancing the can-can. Do my wishes ever get heard? :p

I am looking forward to this scene. :)

Wouldn't it be awesome if Anakin would say something snarky to that? Like "Yeah, I totally am not seeing how you would carry some weapon behind your back". [face_whistling]

Jag totally needs a parrot or a musketeer goatee. Or both. Maybe a droid parrot? [face_peace]

Hey, wow, Jag being unreasonable. That's new. :-B Before it was always Jaina who would do the unreasonable stuff. ^^

Bye, bye, Danni. [face_skull]

Uh, you are not going to do a second Jedi purge, are you? [face_worried]

That also sounds like a chapter not to be missed. :)

A much better title. :)

Well, looking forward to the action. Although you already got me worried about the fic getting even darker. I mean, isn't the last part of the trilogy supposed to be where the good guys win? ^^

April 16th can't be here soon enough. :)

3. FORCEBlLADE

FORCEBlLADE Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 2, 2003
    Wow, amazing trailer, and the longest I've ever read.

4. PirateofRohan

PirateofRohan Jedi Master star 3

Dec 11, 2009
    Epic.:eek: =D= Jag's gonna die!!:D [face_laugh] That's pretty much my first reaction. I'm still in shock. Was Anakin talking about Ben or Jacen? Or Luke.

5. grossmandg144

grossmandg144 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2009
    very good. it looks like it is going to epic!!!

6. Magnuskn

Jul 14, 2002
    Huh?

7. PirateofRohan

Dec 11, 2009
    Jag was acting rash,(a new low, even for him!:p ) and the seen after that Jaina's crying so from that I draw the almost-certainly-false-but-hopefully-true conclusion that Jag will die![face_devil]

8. GrandMasterKatarn

GrandMasterKatarn Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 8, 2008
    You have my undivided attention :D

*munches popcorn* :D[face_dancing]:cool::eek:=D=

No, it didn't meet my expectations... IT SURPASSED THEM!

9. Magnuskn

Jul 14, 2002
    Yeah, well, he better not. Jag is one of my absolute favourites in current Star Wars canon, just after Anakin, Tahiri and the big three and on the same level as Jaina.

Only thing which annoys me about him is that he gives Jaina waaaay too much leeway to continue vaccilating about committing herself. But that is more of a factor of how both the official canon and YK seem to see Jaina as that person who never can have a meaningful romantic relationship, due to that idiotic "Sword of the Jedi" vision of Luke. Which should not be given more credence than Jacens vision or Ikrits vision, both of which turned out to be wrong in official canon.

10. L0B0

L0B0 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2008
    Damn.

That gave me the chills [face_skull]

Looks like I checked back in just in time :cool:

11. DarthJuanakin

DarthJuanakin Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2008
    cut to Jacen and Malig standing in the center of a massive circular control room lined with transparent tanks and an upper tier of viewports. Little Ben Skywalker is next to Jacen, all dressed in black -- Favorite part of the trailer.
    Im rooting for Jacen, Malig and BEN [face_skull]

cant wait for April 16th....

12. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Me too. Malig is such an awesome villain, I'm actually hoping he wins. :p

13. Lord_Onveh

Lord_Onveh Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2009
    *gives thumbs up*

[face_dancing]

14. PirateofRohan

Dec 11, 2009
    We're all gonna die!!![face_liarliar]

15. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    Cool trailer, Yobi! Your trailers always make me look forward to the fic....are you still planning on sending me a PM when it begins? [:D]

16. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    YK: That was pretty damn cool. Make me want to start playing the Killzone games

Lol, I only recently started. Heard the music a while ago, so I wanted to check them out :p . Controls can be a little hard to get used to, but the games aren't too bad, imo.

That was badass

Very nicely done I like this one even better than the one you did last time. Some cool stuff in there.

Thanks! I'll see about doing one based on RE5 next. I would do Mass Effect 2, but that one would have been more appropriate for LotD. Swear you and BioWare were sharing story notes. 8-}

Oh, and yes, I did get through Mass Effect 2 over spring break. It. Is. Awesome. :cool: If you're interested, I can PM some thoughts about it.

I listened to that as I read this one. A nice fit

Lol, yeah, I thought so too.

[cut to the scene from Exodus when Malig resurrects the dead spider in front of Jacen while holding a vial of T-virus]
    *fixed* :p

Malig: But there are places in the galaxy where the true power of the Force has been allowed to blossom free of the Jedi's artificial restraints to suppress it.

Isn't that sort of what Kreia said about Malachor V? [face_thinking]

[cut to Pellaeon standing beside Thrawn on the command deck of the Chimaera]

:cool: Can't wait.

[cut to Anakin and Jaina in binders, standing before Darth Malig on the Exodus]

Why am I suddenly thinking of Luke on the second Death Star...? o_O

[cut to Aero Gin firing a sniper rifle]

[image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/masseffect/images/2/25/Legion.png]

Aero? 8-}

[cut to Malig and Jacen in a metal lab or medical area. Lying between them on a table is an unmoving woman. Jacen is screaming angrily]

Jacen: You said you knew how to save people from death, then bring her back!

My money is that the woman is Tenel Ka.... That doesn't bode well for her, does it?

[cut to a row of transparent tanks encircling a control room with people floating in them]

*Shivers* Hope that isn't anything like the High Octane Nightmare Fuel tanks holding the colonists in Mass Effect 2... [face_worried]

Tahiri: Why are you doing this?

Anakin: If I can't bring him back... then there's no hope for me either.

Wonder if Anakin is refering to Jacen?

[cut to a shot of Luke frantically flipping the pages of Malig's journal]

Luke, just find the index. What you're looking for should be listed there. 8-}

[cut to Jacen and Malig standing in the center of a massive circular control room lined with transparent tanks and an upper tier of viewports. Little Ben Skywalker is next to Jacen, all dressed in black]

Oh s...Sith!

Legacy of the Sith: The End of All Light

Okay... I think the other title didn't have me worried as much. [face_worried] I like it, I just wish it didn't worry me so much. :p Either way, can't wait for the 16. [face_peace]

17. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    As to the new fiction:

[image=http://www.funnypicturesofcats.info/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/funny-pictures-of-cats-dot-info-115.jpg]

Wow, you've been busy :p

You?ve been busy as well :p

Star by Star is like 177,000 words... this was like two and a half times as long or something 8-}

Ahh you know :p

Don't hold your breath on that one.

I learnt it is a silly thing to do with your ?fics

If that's true, it's a mistake on my part. He's supposed to be five.

Erm yeah ... I double checked ... [face_thinking] [:D]

Seems like a traitor to me.

Not all thinks end up like they appear to be - even more so in a YK ?fic :p

It wouldn't really make sense for him to help them after betraying them.

Except it was the plan from right the beginning :p

Thanks for reading and replying to all of that :D

Thanks for sharing :D

Chapter 26: Star-Crossed

"I'm going to kill Thrawn when we get out of this."

That is Boba :p

"... It's Slave I."

Haha :p

Fett was not as lucky.

Slave I hit the ball of flames that erupted and wall of spewing rocks as the canyon collapsed? Fett, and his ship, disappeared.

When the smoke began to clear and nothing appeared on the Falcon's sensors, Anakin piloted the ship out of the ravine and Mara finally released the breath she'd been holding onto since the young Jedi had reached for the missile controls.

:eek: he not just took Fett out, did he?! :eek:

She blinks and sees her tormentor. His skin is slick and blue and covered in a maze of black tattoos as curved and wicked as he is.

[face_thinking]

"... Anakin," she says weakly.

"What?"

"Anakin..." the prisoner repeats. "He will destroy you... when he finds out what you've done to me, he will destroy you all."

She is so right, so right she is :D

Chapter 27: Lost

"Twisted?"Her husband questioned, his eyes narrowed skeptically. "Twisted, how?"

"It's gone dark," Leia whispered. "... It's all gone dark."

They closing to Apollyon?

Chapter 28: The Other Side

"Good," Callista allowed. "With that out of the way, you should know that if you're lying to me about this, I'm going to kill you."

Wrev put his drink down on the deck and stared back at her. "If I'm lying to you about this, what makes you think I won't kill you first?"

He was not smiling.

Ohhhh that was a good one!!
    I somehow like the bad boy Wrev reminds me of some devil :p

Trapped in his own believes and restrains ...

Chapter 29: Bast Castle

The Jedi Master shook her head. "I don't know about you, but I didn't feel Fett die."

He is a hard kill :p

Her nephew's mind had seemed preoccupied for months, but Mara was still surprised by how unimportant he found the attack on their lives. Searching for the person or persons responsible would probably yield more results than searching for an old Chiss messenger who was sending tips to Thrawn decades ago.

He is bad company for someone who wants to stay alive :p

But instead, her lightsaber flickered and died.

Of course ... cortosis ... kills a lightsaber or rather render it useless for some time [face_worried]

I am Anakin.

"Aunt Mara?" Anakin asked, rushing to her side and kneeling to help her up. "Are you all right?"

"I'm fine," she assured, looking up at him. "... Are you?"

[face_thinking] Interesting ... he has met the droid before?

Chapter 30: The Queen Mother of Hapes

Hold on, Tenel Ka, he thought. I'm coming.

And she might want that? Twisted thought [face_thinking]
    He just has ordered to attack her fleet :p her home :p odd ball he is ;)

"Is that anyway to greet family?" Ta'a Chume asked, smiling and spreading her hands in a welcoming gesture.

[face_laugh] boosted

"Oh, I think I see the cause of your confusion," Ta'a Chume grinned. "I am the Queen Mother."

LOL

Chapter 31: Furlough

"Jag..." she said

18. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    Chapter 36: The Madness of Oscurra

"... Solo..." she whispered.

"Who did you tell about us? Who knows we're here?" Jaina demanded. "Did you inform the crew of the Reaver that you saw us here?"

"They..." The battered being stopped, and took a clicking, electronic breath. "... Know nothing... Followed you in secret."

Interesting ...
    Also that she has not yet recovered from the last attack ... and Jaina seems to have had it easier this time to take her out ...

"I need you... to help me kill Faybol."

Now that is really a twist on it?s own :eek:

Demogorg, the "protector" of Oscurra's port city, was going to kill him.

I don?t believe that :p

Chapter 37: Masquerade's End

"All right, pal. You're coming with us," said an alien voice, muffled behind a helmet. "You're in a lot of trouble."

When is Han not in trouble?

"When I ran Aero Gin's name through the system to authorize access to the infirmary, her name came up... flagged."

"Flagged for what, Lieutenant?"

"Desertion."

Frakk more trouble, more attention ... they really manage well to keep a low profile :p

Chapter 38: Where to Go Next

"Fine, it's yours," Jacen said.

He intends them to throw into jail then? For ridiculous high prices? :p

The vidscreen that had projected the image of three Squibs only moments earlier came to life again, this time displaying a simple message.
    FIRST ATTEMPT UNSUCCESSFUL. TRYING AGAIN.

?FETT

LOL hard to kill he is :p

Anakin turned into an odd ball ... did I say that already? :p

Chapter 39: Jade

I like the idea of Tahiri beating the stupid out of her :p

"You have heard of the hypergates of the Gree Enclave, no doubt? And certainly the Infinity Gates created by the Kwa on Dathomir?"

o_O

"Then I think you should prepare yourself," Malig said, lifting a small object from the table and presenting it to Luke. "This is the holocron of Vergere."

Ohhhh that?s gonna be interesting :D

"Are you a Jedi or a Sith?"

"I am Vergere," the image said. "Neither Jedi or Sith. I have been both, and neither."

LOL

"Tell me about yourself."

"I already have."

[face_laugh]

Painted on the page in blood, was his wife? an image of Mara so detailed, it could have been a holograph.

He stared agape, and continued to stare even as the image of the recording shimmered away and was replaced again by Vergere's hologram.

"Is there more you wish to ask?"

WTH?!

Chapter 40: The Estate of the Late Jorj Car'das

"What's going on?" She demanded.

"I believe, Miss Du'kal," Thrawn said, "that we've just been locked in."

Very observant :p

Anakin had been withdrawn and quietly seething for months, but when they reached Vjun, Mara felt something change in him. It was subtle at first, and became more pronounced the longer they remained in Bast Castle. He seemed even more distant, numb to the universe around him in a way that gave her chills and reminded her strangely of her interactions with his grandfather, Darth Vader. It was as though her nephew no longer cared about anyone...

Is he scared of the vision ... himself in the mask of Darth Vader ... and learning about his grandfather?s history made him realize he somehow has the same path of events in his life?

And then, finally, Talon Karrde felt himself vanish too.

Are they all disappear to different places or the same one?

Chapter 41: The Brig

Well, I guess it's up to you now, Jaina.

He is a bit wrong there

She was so distraught she nearly missed the fact that Kyp Durron winked at her as he passed.

He got some idea? o_O

Chapter 42: The Second Task

"You're not going to hurt me... are you, Jacen?"

Aww poor Ben

His words were cut off as an earsplitting siren rumbled down the corridor and into the bedroom, and, Jacen was certain, the entire space station as well.

"What's going on?" Ben asked, wincing beneath the blar

19. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    Chapter 50: The Lands of the Dead

"For having trained a student this dumb."

[face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]

The bounty hunter has gone completely limp, the last traces of life leaving his body, but still Anakin does not relent. He beats his hands against the helmet until it?s so crushed and dented that its Mandalorian design is no longer recognizable.

It seems somehow fitting that it happens here.

That this is where it ends

It's Boba Fett who is killed but Anakin Solo who dies.

He is now in the Lands of the Dead.

:eek: :eek: oh my goodness!!! :eek: :eek:

"Yeah," Anakin said. "I know what I have to do now."

Seriously? He just beat the life out of Boba Fett!! :eek:
    I?d not trust this guy than an Ewok can throw him :p

Chapter 51: To Cheat Death

"Don't worry," Hen replied, checking the charge on his blaster before starting towards the rickety dwelling. "We'll be back in a flash."

Didn?t he say something like that to Leia too? :p

Luke spared one last glance over his shoulder at the Dark Lord, still lying on the ground, his glowing blue hand erasing a wound that should have killed him.

I wonder what this means for Luke [face_thinking]

Chapter 52: Secret Agendas

The ancient Kuhr rarely felt any trace of fear, but the news made him feel suddenly as though his stomach was plummeting. When the rescue team was captured, Faybol had believed the threat they posed was all but over. How had someone like Han Solo managed to find Veila and rescue her from Harrow's lab? And more troubling, what would they do now?

LOL he didn?t underestimate him did he? :p

But there was nothing.

Somehow, Tahiri Veila had managed to vanish completely from his sight.

Isn?t that too bad O:) :D

Callista just laughed. "We both know that Han Solo is more of a danger to himself than any of us... No, you will not be leaving this place until Lord Malig beckons you."

Ohh but my dear, you?re mistaken, he has Treepio with him to keep him in line :p 8-}

He didn't see Wrev sweep in behind him or pull the DL-6H blaster pistol from the back of his trousers. He must have sensed the danger, however, the edge of the large room hanging just outside of the ysalamiri's Force-neutral bubble, as he tried to spin around at the last second? but it was too late. By then, Wrev had already shot Zekk in the head.

:eek:
    *triumphant grin*

I knew it :D *giggles happily*

Chapter 53: The Box

"A peculiar name," the captain said, his brow wrinkling curiously. "Alien, I believe. It was sent by a Yuusung Saa."

Anakin is really funny :p
    did he send back Boba Fett in pieces?

The electricity in the air grew almost stifling as he laid his fingers upon the device and pulled it into the pale light of his quarters. What he found himself holding was a box made of black crystal contained by a border of gilded edges. Etched across its dark surfaces in bronze were a maze of ancient designs and Sith hieroglyphs.

And much like the door in Malig's library, Jacen saw no discernable way of opening it.

some souvenir from Korriban?

"That psychotic black hole with the mask? Darth Chokes-a-lot," the pilot elaborated, rubbing at his throat.

LOL!!

I'm a healer, Malig had said. By my nature, a healer.

mmm [face_thinking]

Jaina turned and looked at Wrev, who seemed to guess her intentions almost immediately.

"You've got to be kidding."

LOL
    I fear her memories are back to the old shape and she will not know about the forged alliance with the Jedi to kill Faybol and all

Boba Fett's helmet.

Hah!

Chapter 54: Beneath the Pyramids

Luke's brow furrowed as he turned his gaze to the young woman. "How do you know that?"

Tahiri's mouth tightened as she chewed on her bottom lip and a few snowflakes collected in her long lashes. "I don't know. But they'll be ready for us, Master Skyw

20. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    Chapter 63: The Graveyard

"Hey... Where's Tahiri?"

Fallen asleep again? [face_worried]

"Stop."

It was a woman's voice, slightly hoarse and strained as though she'd been screaming for hours.

It was the last thing Faybol heard.

Then, there was nothing.

Tahiri saved Kyp?s backside *chuckles*

"We'd better get going and rejoin the others," Tahiri continued, turning and starting down the hill. Kyp and Valin exchanged looks of confusion. Kyp shrugged and nudged Valin, who followed reluctantly as he carried Jysella, his ire focused on Tahiri instead of his former Master for a change.

Tahiri made it only three steps before she passed out and Kyp caught her.

Ahh now she is sleeping
    Weird that she spared him ... though he makes a useful drone for her [face_thinking]

Chapter 64: The Knight of Darkness Reborn

The droid chirped warmly and trundled away towards the old freighter, but Evlyn stayed in place, staring in confusion at the Jedi's back. "Where are you going, Anakin?" She called.

He didn't turn around to answer her, continuing to march toward the durasteel doors alone.

"I'm going back to get Tenel Ka," he said, and disappeared as the doors hissed shut behind him.

She will not like him for what he has done

Chapter 65: The Battle of Apollyon

But in his heart, Luke Skywalker knew exactly what they were going to do.

They were going to die there.

No they are not because then you?d not write a fourth part of the story :p

In roughly an eighteen meter radius around the man in black, every Chiss soldier was simply dropping to the ground without so much as being touched. Jaina stared transfixed at the anomaly as the fallen Chiss began to convulse wildly in the fog. Some of them managed to remove their helmets, tossing them aside desperately amidst the unreasoning spasms, and the faces beneath looked little like Chiss. Their azure skin had turned a sickly, pale green upon which festering sores had opened and their glowing red eyes had boiled to the dark crimson of burnt blood. A thick, clouded mucus ran from their noses and mouths as they began to heave, vomiting up whatever was in their stomachs along with pink swirls of blood. They screamed and wailed and clawed at their skin like wild animals in throes of agony, writhing at the dark man's feet until the flailing and twitching finally ceased, and they went still in a froth of disease.

He was a plague, infecting everyone who came near him.

He was a cancer.

He was death.

What a fitting name you gave him ...

Jaina grabbed Jag and tried to project a bubble around them and the rest of those onboard as the bulkheads dimpled and burst, and the deck was torn to shreds. She felt her grip on Jag slipping along with her sphere of protection around everyone else in the explosion of debris.

Eventually, she lost both and tumbled into utter blackness.

:eek: oh my goodness!! :eek:

Chapter 66: The Tragedy of Darth Havok

But he was alive.

Jacen had survived and Anakin had not. The collision he'd seen in the tangle of futures the Force kept presenting him had come to pass, and with it, the terrible consequences he'd feared became something else.

Well he is wrong ... and he is something else indeed

Jacen moved to embrace her as she stepped out of the ring of fume, but as he neared those gray eyes widened in horror and she jerked back against the hatchway.

Hah!
    At least she is better dressed then Padme :p

A gasp of relief came from Jacen Solo's mouth, and he turned back to Tenel Ka.

And that makes it better how?

Thrawn steepled his blue fingers. "You'll be pleased to learn, Captain Karrde, that our mission is already an undeniable success."

Thrawn is really odd 8-}

Hesitating only a moment, he pressed his fingers into the socket?all he felt was wet pulp.

Jag drew his hand away from his face and saw it covered in a dark crimson stain.

His right eye was gone.

:eek: now he looks like his father ...

21. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Darth_Dreadwar: Wow. All I can say is wow. Looks very good.

Thanks, I'm glad you like it :)

Cool title too.

That's good to hear too.

You know, considering Malig visits Korriban, and we see Darth Sidious alive in the story... hmmm... perhaps Sidious appears in more than just flashbacks?

I think you could be on to something here... [face_whistling]

Malig continues to rock as always, even if it's in a trailer.

Thanks! Hopefully he'll rock in the story, cause he'll be in it a lot this time.

voxynking: Been a while. Stupid college. Keeping me busy. . .

It's a crazy time of year [face_frustrated]

The end of light eh. huh. For some reason I'm not liking the feeling of where the next fic will end.

It may not be a happy story :p

I am looking forward to it though. I'm sure there will be some posts that will keep me on the edge of my toes.

I hope [face_praying]

Bravo. Add me to the PM list when the next it starts.

Will do :) Thanks for the interest and I'm glad you liked the trailer.

G__Anakin: Glad you liked it!

Magnuskn:STILL missing Darth Malig dancing the can-can. Do my wishes ever get heard?

The red curtains part and Darth Malig glides out on stage to muted applause. He then offers a very shallow bow before launching into a high-kicking can-can dance to polka music. Initially, the crowd claps and stomps along, but with each kick and whirl of Malig's cloak, they grow quieter. When Malig is finished there is no applause?because the audience is dead, killed by some strange disease.

I am looking forward to this scene.

Me too, even if it isn't really Thrawn.

Wouldn't it be awesome if Anakin would say something snarky to that? Like "Yeah, I totally am not seeing how you would carry some weapon behind your back".

[face_laugh]

You never know :p

Jag totally needs a parrot or a musketeer goatee. Or both. Maybe a droid parrot?

I couldn't agree more. Some sort of robo-parrot would be badass :cool:

Hey, wow, Jag being unreasonable. That's new. Before it was always Jaina who would do the unreasonable stuff. ^^

Great observation. There is something of a shift in the dynamic between them, but we'll be getting into that later.

Bye, bye, Danni.

A good guess.

:(

Uh, you are not going to do a second Jedi purge, are you?

It's hard to say. That scene is after a battle though.

That also sounds like a chapter not to be missed.

I hope it's a good one. Looking forward to writing it.

A much better title.

Glad you like it :D

Well, looking forward to the action. Although you already got me worried about the fic getting even darker. I mean, isn't the last part of the trilogy supposed to be where the good guys win? ^^

In theory. But then, what's the fun of making it obvious from the outset? :p

April 16th can't be here soon enough.

Thanks, I appreciate the enthusiasm :D

FORCEBlLADE: Wow, amazing trailer, and the longest I've ever read.

It was a long one. I think LotD's might have been longer, but I can't remember.

Glad you liked it :D

PirateofRohan: Epic.

Thanks!

Jag's gonna die!!

[face_thinking]

You seem very pleased by that idea :p

That's pretty much my first reaction. I'm still in shock. Was Anakin talking about Ben or Jacen? Or Luke.

It's hard to say at this point, but that's a good question.

grossmandg144: very good. it looks like it is going to epic!!!

Thanks so much, I'm glad you liked it :)

PirateofRohan: Jag was acting rash,(a new low, even for him! ) and the seen after that Jaina's crying so from that I draw the almost-certainly-false-but-hopefully-true conclusion that Jag will die!

I guess I can see your reasoning [face_thinking] Though I should ment

22. Magnuskn

Jul 14, 2002
    Good enough for me. [face_laugh]

Wait, that has been established as fact? I thought Thrawn was playing Anakin in that scene... [face_thinking]

Well, I think Jacen is normally about as subtle as a brick, so I could see Anakin ( who is not as dumb as a brick ^^ ) seeing through that instantly.

Make it so! [face_peace]

I hope so. :) As I noted in the other post, their relationship needs a shake-up. I think it'll be Jag, who with the death of his father sees that life is fleeting and if he wants to be with Jaina, he needs to take the initiative. Being the perfect gentleman works only so far, if the other side is unwilling to take the final step. [face_peace]

Yeah, thought so. Well, with you it could go any way but that, but Danni really hasn't had a role in neither your nor the canon universe.

It'll herald another amazing story. :p

Well, I have been working for years on you liking Jag better, so it's good to know my efforts have paid off. [face_mischief]

I hope not. [face_hypnotized]

But about Jaina, it's good to know that your motivation for her behaviour wasn't the prophecy. Although she did use it in your fics also as a justification for her behaviour... or maybe I am mashing up canon and your writing? :confused: In any case, Jaina being that vaccilating lass who can't commit herself has really gone for long enough. I am soooo tired of it by now. [face_frustrated]

Well, at least your Jaina isn't the mid-thirties woman canon Jaina is. So it does make more sense, she is much younger and therefore less likely to commit herself. Once again, canon EU is worse than what you write. Well, I always thought that their long time-jumps were terribly misconceived, since it closed up so many avenues.

23. PirateofRohan

Dec 11, 2009

It's not that I want him to die really, the guy just annoys the crap out of me. So, whatever. I'm still rooting for Jacen to get knocked really hard on the head.[face_beatup] What? He needs some sense knocked into him. Now I'm thinking of "Here's persuasion, here's reason" thing from one of the Shrek movies.]-}

24. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Maggy: As to the new fiction:

[face_laugh]

That's awesome!

Erm yeah ... I double checked ...

I'll have to go back and fix it then :p

he not just took Fett out, did he?!

Not yet :p

She is so right, so right she is

Doesn't look like it, actually.

They closing to Apollyon?

Raithian space in general.

He is a hard kill

Very.

Interesting ... he has met the droid before?

No, this is a reference back to Vader's Fortress, the old JJK book. The fortress seems to respond to Anakin Solo because of his name and relation to Anakin Skywalker.

LOL Gungan carrier snail ... you crack me up LOL

:p

Seems to be some magic behind those words

Yep, again going back to JJK.

Lil Anakin does that remind you of something? Maybe a little on yourself in your current situation?

I think that's it.

Interesting ...
    Also that she has not yet recovered from the last attack ... and Jaina seems to have had it easier this time to take her out ...

Yep, Aero's been suffering for awhile.

Now that is really a twist on it?s own

Yep.

I like the idea of Tahiri beating the stupid out of her

I don't think you're alone there.

WTH?!

[face_whistling]

Is he scared of the vision ... himself in the mask of Darth Vader ... and learning about his grandfather?s history made him realize he somehow has the same path of events in his life?

I think he's emboldened by it, actually. Anakin has come away with exactly the wrong message after rummaging through his grandfather's old records.

I fear that Ben will now even be more scared of Jacen ... and Jacen might do something stupid like taking him hostage or something

I could see that.

That sounds somehow like ?The Return of the King? from LotR

Love that movie [face_love]

Oops ... a silly hunt then Anakin and Mara were sent to

I don't know if I'd call it "silly" but definitely not what they expected, or Thraawn expected, for that matter.

now that I think of it ... how did the Jedi not notice the 'wrongness' in Thrawn, it is said clones feel differently in the Force

Clones made in spaari cloning cylinders do, but I don't think all clones do.

aww - another one he has to carry
    poor girl

Or poor Han :p

oh my goodness!!!

Surprised?

Seriously? He just beat the life out of Boba Fett!!
    I?d not trust this guy than an Ewok can throw him

Ewok's are fairly strong. I've seen them take down Imperial walkers [face_talk_hand]

Didn?t he say something like that to Leia too?

I think so 8-}

I knew it *giggles happily*

Congrats.

Anakin is really funny
    did he send back Boba Fett in pieces?

That would be pretty gruesome.

some souvenir from Korriban?

Yep.

I fear her memories are back to the old shape and she will not know about the forged alliance with the Jedi to kill Faybol and all

That would be an interesting twist.

dang ... and there Tahiri has bested one of them once ... and she is out ... maybe they should send Treepio to try his luck with them?

Threepio killed an assassin droid in the last series.

he is quick
    and what does R2 want to tell him with the Leia holo?

Maybe it's the wrong holo?

She is lying to them?!
    interesting how she is going to play that

Yep, she's lying ;)

Cloaking would fit to Thrawn
    Or the monks ... Thrawn had a question after all

[face_whistling]

At least he had his tasty pastry he not tasted
    And he doesn?t need to worry anymore about becoming a slave on some backwater world

That's true.

He should keep in mind that he thinks Tahiri dead ...

Yes, he should.

Are you bonkers?!
    This chapter has 34 pages!!!

I think there's a longer chapter later. Or two of them...

They really are like Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi ... can see why you picked that pic

25. Magnuskn

Jul 14, 2002
    Oooh, okay. It didn't really translate to me. I mean, yeah, Anakin *thought* that Thrawn couldn't be the real deal, because he "didn't know" that his source was not real. But who says that Thrawn didn't trick him... again? [face_hypnotized][face_hypnotized][face_hypnotized]

;):p

I can't really see him going self-destructive, so I guess "gung-ho" is what you mean. [face_thinking]

Oh, me too. It was all over too quickly, him again fighting with Zekk over Jaina. I liked rugged bounty-hunter Jag. :) Made for a nice change, although I'll take your pirate captain Jag, too. "Drink up me 'earties. Yo ho.", indeed. [face_laugh]

Good to know. Sometimes it is difficult separating the two continuities, so her age in your fic gets jumbled up with her canon age. Although it is difficult for me to wrap my head around Jaina being in her mid-to-late thirties there, and the core three in their seventies. They certainly aren't written like that much. Jaina especially still comes off as a moody teenager sometimes.

Yeah, that. No novel series to fill out that time, just one big event series after another. I am happy that Del Reys contract runs out soon, but they left the EU a shambles, with no clear way to go forward for their successor. If it weren't for the excellence which is Star Wars: Legacy, I'd say scrap the whole thing and start anew from where Bantam left off.

Although that would leave us without the excellent canon characterization of Anakin and Tahiri. Hmm. Decisions, decisions. [face_thinking]