main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA The LANing Thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by FaLLeN-AnGeL, Jun 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidTBrookes

DavidTBrookes Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2002
    I have a couple of friends that might be interested. I am going to call them in the next couple of days to find out.

2. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    Wanna lan.. havent lanned in ages!!! GOGOGOGOGOGO! Need some p00n4ge!

3. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    <wakes up>

What, What! I'm awake... I heard something! What did I miss... Ohhhh! ;)

4. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    When does everything need to be finlised for this thing to work

5. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    It's just come to my attention that Soup and myself won't be able to afford to attend, so if someone else is willing to organise this, go ahead. If not, then it won't be happening...

Sorry about this everyone.

6. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Simple sollution FA, someone bring a hub to my place, should be able to fit a fair amount of PC's in the main lounge room. I'm sure I can arrange something, as long as people wish to come along. Otherwise, I'm sure someone else's house would be fine. It's cheaper this way.

7. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    The main reason I wanted to organise it at GamesDen is because no-one was offering their place originally, and also not everyone has a fast enough PC to play. I have no problems with someone wanting to do it at their house etc, I just wanted to try and cater to everyone, I just forgot about myself and Soup not having money... :D

8. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    I can vouch for most of us here that money, or lack there of, is hard to come by.

9. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Hmmm, so if there was going to be a lan at Kartanym's place, how many could attend? (how many would u feel comfortable having at ya place Kart? What kinda rates? ;) )

If it came down to not having one, and having one that some ppls pcs arnt up too.. I'd be willing to share mine with someone.. I dont mind watching...

umm.. u know what I mean.. ;)

10. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    EXPLANATION FOR CHANGING SUBJECT

I figured that since the LAN at GamesDen might/is not happen/ing anymore, we could use this thread as a general LANing thread... Posting details on upcoming LANs etc... Sound good? :D

11. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    Now, thats one thing I don't like about that unlimited time. Changing the names of threads, I dont agree with that just confuses people.

12. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    A couple of tricks with cabling (as long as someone has some long enough) and a few switch baords, could have at least a days worth of gaming for 10 or more computers, plus mine in the study. And more people can hang around, Dad's very handy with the bbq :), and there's a few consoles (PS2 and N64) for those waiting for a PC.

What do u think?

13. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    I don't agree with people going back and completely changing their posts after stating that "I edit my posts right after as well so i havnt found the unlimited better or anything."

Kartanym, I think that sounds good... I know I'll be nicking off with the PS2 :D What games do you have? And do PS2s play PS games? Hang on, PS2s play DVDs right? We could bring along DVDs for the people waiting to watch... The ball is in your court now, when would you like to have it, what would you like people to bring (I recommend getting everyone to bring nibblies and drinks to share, that could be the "entry fee")... :D

14. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    Alright, here goes:

Date: I'm off from Uni for the next few weeks, but give me an idea of when everyone is free. Saturday or Sunday is the best, around 12pm till whenever. Might make a poll later.

Entry Fee: $100. No, wait, just kidding. Just bring along drinks, food (anything, I'm hungry!) the usual.

The following is needed:

Hub, heaps of cabling and switch boards (I'm sure someone has them)

DVD's and PS2/PS1 games (yep, the PS2 plays PS1 titles). I've got Dead or Alive II, Crazy Taxi (love that), Onimusha, Gran Turismo 2, Tony Hawk 2 and Street Fighter Alpha 3. Anyone got Grand Theft Auto 3?

Any music would also be welcome.

Possibly tables for the PC's, things like that.

Any other suggestions?

15. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Cool, Yeah, after tommorrows exam I am off from tafe too.. so the next few weeks would be good for me too..

16. Darth_Soup

Darth_Soup Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    Ok how about we get this thing under way.....

How does next Saturday sound (29th of June)?

Is that good for people? We need it to be in the next few weeks, but the 6th and 7th of July are out (Drew and Clare's engagement party, D&D, and FA birthday are all in those 2 days) and after that it may be too late for students etc......

Post Yay or Nay :)

17. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Yeah, next sat sounds ok.. Just need a bit more info on where this lans gonna be/how long it gonna go for ;)

I finished exams! *runs round in circles making w00t w00t noises*

18. Shaven_Wookie69

Shaven_Wookie69 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2001
    i'll be in it i have an 8 way hub and some cables , I just need help to get graphics card running ALL games or motherboard to recognise graphics card properly Whatever!

19. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Details man.. details! Brand/model video card and motherboard, cpu and operating system and what problems your having ;)

Also, what kind of cable does the hub use? Co-axial or Twisted pair?

20. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    Heh, no-one is good at remembering to post details are they SJ?? The day sounds fine, but I may not be attending... I might be going and seeing Spiderman with my family. So might Soup, if he feels like it... So yeah... :D

21. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    I'll chat up the folks, see if the house is free next saturday. Otherwise, anyone object to my house? I don't mind yay or nay, just as long as someone else has a destination handy

22. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Hmmmm.. No probs here if ur folks are ok with it...

Just lans can be noisy.. Noise leads to sleeplessness, sleeplessness leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to sufferrring....
    *giggles insanely to himself like yoda*

23. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Since this is the offical lan thread ;)

Clancentre is closing its doors in mid july... click on the link to sign up for the any of the last 3 lans if ya want.. after then, there will be no more.. (although there is a m8 of mine whos trying to save enough $ -donations welcome- to buy them out so he can continue it)

24. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    Parents are fine with it, so this Saturday it is. Details as mentioned above by me, just bring food, drink and your PC. Those who don't bring PC's can bring PS2 games and DVD's, etc. PM me and I'll send you my contact details incl. address.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.