main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Last - Diary Challenge Entry - OC - updated 7/28

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Title: The Last
    Author: VaderLVR64
    Character: OC
    Notes: Written for the Diary Challenge

The Last

I am the last of my kind.

After I die and become one with the Entity, there will be no more who feel what I have felt, who know what I have known. Long ago, when the Old One died and passed to me his knowledge and reverence for the Entity, I had envisioned finding a pupil of my own. I too, wanted to give the gifts of the Entity to one who was worthy, to one who had been marked from birth.

Yet in all my travels, in all these long and lonely years I have found no one.

At last, I have faced the realization that I am the last of my kind. There will be no more. Perhaps that is not such a bad thing, for we have done the universe no favors in the long run. We have stopped no wars, alleviated no suffering, brought no dead back among the living.

Our gifts are elusive and invisible, yet the Entity if eternal and all-encompassing.

When I die, does the Entity die with me?

It is that arrogant fear that keeps me awake at night, listening to my own breath and hoping I will live to draw another.

I am an old woman. I long for the peace of death. But when I die, so much dies with me.

I am the last Jedi.

2. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Hi, MamaVader! First time reader here... I've been looking forward to a time when I can jump in on the ground level to one of your threads, and I've found it! I like what you've got started here, and if you've got a PM list for future updates, please put me on it. :)

But when I die, so much dies with me.
    So sad, yet fascinating. I'm already wondering where this diary will go and what will happen!

Thanks,
    Trikes

3. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Great first entry! =D=

It is that arrogant fear that keeps me awake at night, listening to my own breath and hoping I will live to draw another.
    Wow! Very powerful!

I look forward to more! :D

4. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Can I be added to a PM list? I really like this, it's mysterious and interesting.

5. Jaidyn_Knightfall

Jaidyn_Knightfall Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2008
    The last Jedi?!:eek:

I'm not sure I like this.:p

I can't wait to read more!

6. Darth Muis

Darth Muis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    Great idea for a diary! Very original and there's no way to predict what'll happen next! What does the universe even look like, assuming that this takes place even a lot of years after Cade Skywalker's adventures... It does right?

Anyway, please keep me updated! Thanks you.

7. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    The word that comes to mind when I read this is: timeless.

I love the fact that you don't give a time frame of when this happens. Is it the Jedi's future or past?

And you've captured the loneliness of being the last of a formerly large group of people.

Of course, the last Jedi will have to be female!

PM me on this if you please. Thanks!

8. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oooh, I love the idea behing this! [face_thinking] And anything written by you is sure to be a real treat to read! [face_love]

Sign me up for the PM list, please? I promise I'll be a good reader.[face_batting]

~MJ @};-

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    When I read the title and then read about an "entity" I though this was about an alien race that was on the very brink of extinction... but that last line...wow!!!!! Could I have PMs for this? :D

You never do cease to amaze.

[face_love]

10. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Trika_Kenobi This OC sort of "forced" me to write this. :p She's a pushy old broad. :D

mavjade Thank you! :)

moosemousse Sure! And thanks. BTW, I love your icon!

Jaidyn_Knightfall Thank you for reading! [:D]

Darth Muis WAAAAYYY after Cade! :p

madman007 But of course it's a female! [face_laugh]

Mira_Jade
    I'll add you, but feel free to lurk! :p

Jade_eyes Sure! And thanks!

[b]Entry #2[/b]

While I might be the last Jedi, I am not completely alone. I have with me my friend and companion, Kagiiri. She holds my powers in no awe, nor does she think I am some creature out of legend. While she believes in the Entity, she is no way intimidated by It. I find this both amusing and exasperating.

Because the whole fabric of my life has been woven by the Entity, I cannot conceive of existing outside of it, deaf to its call, unfeeling to its embrace, Kagiiri reminds me that while my life might hold some special meaning, I am not special merely because I am alive. All of us, every spark of life in this wide galaxy, has within some unique and precious gift.

Mine is merely more easily labeled.

Kagiiri keeps me humble, she keeps me sane.

How I wish she could have been my daughter. But that, too, is the will of the Entity.

11. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Because the whole fabric of my life has been woven by the Entity, I cannot conceive of existing outside of it, deaf to its call, unfeeling to its embrace, Kagiiri reminds me that while my life might hold some special meaning, I am not special merely because I am alive.
    Woah... this was very moving. =D==D=

It's good that she at least has someone to be with her that she can enjoy time with but I'm a little worried about that last line... it seems ominous. [face_worried]

Great entry!

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Superb entry. Kagiri sounds a blessing to the diarist. :)

13. madman007

Aug 22, 2007
    How I wish she could have been my daughter. But that, too, is the will of the Entity.

This is one mysterious Entity.

Kagiiri reminds me that while my life might hold some special meaning, I am not special merely because I am alive. All of us, every spark of life in this wide galaxy, has within some unique and precious gift.

Hopefully, the people in our own world will learn this. I think we all stepped closer to that realization this Tuesday.

Setting up well. Keep it up.

14. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    [Kagiiri] holds my powers in no awe, nor does she think I am some creature out of legend. While she believes in the Entity, she is no way intimidated by It. I find this both amusing and exasperating.
    The diarist isn't the only one. I wonder why this is... I mean, we're talking last of the Jedi here! I'd be awed, for sure! :p

Thanks for the read, and please keep me updated! :)

Trikes

15. Corellian_Ale

Corellian_Ale Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 3, 2008
    Yet another excellent Diary Vadey!

I really like this OC, and the concept of the "Last Jedi" is intriguing!

Mind PMing me when you update?

16. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Kagiiri sounds very dear to the diarist. Is that a twinge of sadness I sense at the end?

I made my icon from a Robot Chicken Star Wars Special screencap. :D

17. Darth Muis

Mar 11, 2000
    ...All of us, every spark of life in this wide galaxy, has within some unique and precious gift.

Mine is merely more easily labeled.

Love that! Never thought of it that way, but it's true! Also, I love how she keeps referring to the Force as the Entity. Makes you wonder when and how the name got changed or why it was deluded by time? Maybe it was some kind of translation error sometime a long time ago? It's a cool touch and it's this attention to detail that oftenly sets your stories aside from others! Good stuff!

18. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    mavjade Hopefully not ominous! :p

Jade_eyes Most definitely!

madman007 Thanks for reading! [:D]

Trika_Kenobi Maybe because she knows her SO well. It's hard to be in awe of someone you live with. You see them at their worst. "Warts and all," as it were!

Corellian_Ale This idea sort of grew out of another story I was writing. I'll get back to that one for sure, but this sort of took over for a bit. :p

moosemousse Most definitely and HOW COOL! :D

Darth Muis It's my theory that it changed over time. Maybe the term "Force" had come to have negative connotations? We'll never know. :p Or maybe we will. ;)

[b]Entry #3[/b]

The Entity has been speaking to me in my dreams and I have ignored those murmurs for as long as I am able. It is not always a comfortable thing to be a Child of the Entity. That voice is strong and insistent, beguiling and, eventually, irresistible.

It is my fate to hear that voice until the day I go into the eternal embrace. In my weaker moments, I look forward to that day, when I may finally rest, let this old body stop it?s wanderings and lay down my burdens.

Then Kagiiri tells me to quit complaining and get up and do something. As annoying as she is, she is usually right.

And so I get up. And I do.

Because that, too, is the will of the Entity.

So this morning when she brought me my morning tea, I told her that we would be going on a journey. She merely nodded, unsurprised. Though she does not hear the Entity?s voice, she reads my own moods and thoughts quite well. ?About time,? she muttered and went to pack our few belongings.

19. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    ?About time,? she muttered and went to pack our few belongings.
    LOL. I'm liking Kagiiri in this update. :p

I'm eager to see about this journey. Thanks for updating! Great work! :)

Trikes

20. Darth Muis

Mar 11, 2000
    Good update! I wonder where the journey is going to take them and I wonder what the universe looks like, this many years past established canon! Keep me posted!

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great balance there between occasional weariness and reaching toward what the day's gonna bring.

Very well done.

:D

:)

22. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Great update!! =D=

Then Kagiiri tells me to quit complaining and get up and do something. As annoying as she is, she is usually right.
    [face_laugh] Loved it! I think there are days I need someone like that! :p

Ooh, I wonder where she is going?? [face_thinking]

I can't wait to find out!

23. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm liking Kagiiri more and more. :D

And a journey? I wonder where to and what they'll find. [face_thinking]

24. Corellian_Ale

Corellian_Ale Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 3, 2008
    About time?!? - (something about getting off his lazy duff??? :p)

Can't wait to see this journey he's on!

25. madman007

Aug 22, 2007
    Hmmm, the Child of the Entity and a journey. Do we have this future generation's "chosen one" in our midst? Whatever the journey, Kagiiri really is pushing for it.

Can't wait to see the next part!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.