main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX The Last Hope

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Old-Jedi, Apr 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthCynthia

DarthCynthia Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2000
    Interesting - I hope I get the chance to catch this.

on a side note.. I don't read the Observer but Chris does sometimes and there've been many instances that he's disagreed with what they write in there about some things as well.. so I'm honestly not surprised they used the tone they did in the article :(

It sounds like you all had fun - glad to hear it! I wish I could have been there with you all. Maybe next time!

2. kurtvolk

kurtvolk Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2001
    Hello everybody. My name is Kurt and I'm one of the two guys that made THE LAST HOPE. I just wanted to thank all of you for coming out last night and giving us the benefit of the doubt. I hope that it was made abundantely clear through the film that we harbor no ill-will to Star Wars fans in any way. The fans in the film are all great friends of mine to this day, and to think that someone would think I was mocking them, hurts me very much indeed.
    So, thank you all for coming out. It was great meeting all of you afterward and I hope to run into you again next time we're in Dallas or the next time we screen the film.

Take care,

-Kurt Volk

PS: Also, please feel free to e-mail us at thelasthopefilm@hotmail.com to get on our mailing list and find out further news regarding the film.

3. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    I thought it was great. It's just sad the way the Observer got the wrong meaning of the film. Not the first time they've screwed up.

The length of "good times" events shown were fine with me. They were ulimately overshadowed by the drama of the press and the blunders of a certain "retard". I think you guys nailed what happened right on the head. It was sad the lack of Star Wars comradery between the so-called leaders. They had no idea why the majority of people were willing to indure it all in the first place: The fun of Star Wars. :D

4. DarthCynthia

DarthCynthia Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2000
    Hey Kurt,
    Sorry to hear the Observer did that as well. I wish I could have gone out to see the movie - maybe another time :(

I would write a letter to the Observer. Nothing like hearing it back from the folks that made the movie [face_devil] mwahahah!

Take care.. I'll go sign up for your mailing list now.
    MTFBWY

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.