main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Last Jedi Advance Ticket Sales - Monday October 9th

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by ManaByte, Oct 3, 2017.

1. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    If they still have tickets left you should be able to book the double and get them to cancel the single.

2. Sithblade11

Sithblade11 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 12, 2013
    Cheers, just checked and none left for the double bill.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

3. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    That sucks, sorry :(

Sithblade11 likes this.
  4. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014

I know in the past the European market was really big for movies like Star Wars including TFA this really surprises and shocks me, what does Star Wars/Disney have anything to do with Trump. I am pretty sure Bob Iger hates Trump from things he has said and done. Didn't Iger drop out of one of Trumps advisory councils citing the reason he quit that you cant reason with him?

but on another topic, Earlier In the Day I redeemed that Star Wars Poster Fandango Is giving away for buying Star Wars Tickets! has anyone else redeemed the redemption code for the poster I found It Super easy!

5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Not being able to find any info on the Marathon is just making me want to get tickets even more. It's reached mythical status. It's the unattainable! :p

Guidman and B99 like this.
  6. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    How are the presales going in the US? Any sites that have crashed? How is it compared to TFA?

7. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Honestly wondering if it's still happening.. Or just the one showing in FL.. Do they expect all of us In US to jam into that one showing in FL?

8. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999

Kind of appropriate because if you DO go to this marathon screening, I would call you a legend! I think it'd be fair to walk out of the theater, blood shot red eyes from sleep deprivation and sensory overload, and declare to the world, "I AM LEGEND!" :p

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  9. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    I went straight to the regal cinemas app when tickets were released and had no problems - altho seats were filling up fast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

10. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I hope it's just they haven't announced the other locations. There's no way it's just one theater.

Haha, yeah. I'll actually be doing nine films since I already have tickets for the 9:45 IMAX showing.

11. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    StarWarsFan1997 likes this.
  12. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Lame

13. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
  14. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I mean. Do 5 theaters atleast...

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  15. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah. Add mine. :p

16. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Weird, I wasn't able to buy my tickets until 3 minutes after the trailer... someone jumped the gun for availability for your theater. About 7 mins or so of game time when the showtime was listed, but the system didn't allow me to purchase until well later.

17. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I'm sad.. :(

18. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    No haha this was standard. Literally everywhere that sells tickets on Fandango which is almost every theater in the country went live about 5 pm well before the game even started let alone the half time trailer. I didn't check until 6 and lost out on every great seat around here. They were selling tickets for Regal, Century, and Cinetopia through Fandango by just after 5. They did jump the gun :/

19. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014

Ok I love Star Wars Its not just a series of movies for me but a way of life. BUT I cant sit at a theater through 8 movies I cant even do It at home I break It up into two days or a few days. Disney Springs Is close to my house though about 2 hours or so drive!

20. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Anyone know how many theaters TLJ is supposed to open with?

21. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Every theater

22. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    I may regret this on the day, but I went ahead and bought tickets for the 8 film Marathon at the Times Square Regal cinema, as it appears to be the closest city showing it, and I have a ton of Regal points anyhow. The theatre has reserved seating, and I was made aware of the early ordering enough in advance that I was able to get a nice center seat. $100 is pretty steep - I seem to remember the 2015 Marathon, which was held in my hometown, being somewhere in the $50 to $75 range. As it is, I have no idea how I'll get down to NYC (about two and a half hours), make it through all eight films, and get back. I'll probably have to get a hotel room down there so I can rest up before driving back. While I'm still working out pesky little details like that, I'll at least be satisfied knowing that I can add a second badge to this one:

[​IMG]

Guidman likes this.
  23. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005

I'm surprised at how few are doing it, considering how many participated last time (I won't post the whole list here, but here's a link). The one I attended in Albany was sold out, and I imagine it was as popular elsewhere. I guess the double feature and "fan event" were created as less intense, but still fan-focused, alternatives.

24. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Haha nicely done man! You have my respect, that's for sure. You live up to the name StarWarsFan :) And this is why our franchise is #1, because nobody else's fans our as die hard as we are. I have my Marathon badge from 2015 too, along with my other TFA special tickets (4 Saturday IMAX screenings getting up early to get the tickets). It's surprising how few theaters are participating considering that ours was also sold out here in Portland. I figured there is a TON of money in this for the theater. It was just $50 per ticket for the 2015 marathon most places, though I heard some were $60. At Regal it was $50 which seemed really reasonable. But then my girlfriend and I easily spent about another $90 or so on food, because it's incredibly overpriced and we were trapped at the theater forever. They sold those collectible popcorn tins and drinks, which ran up the bill a ton, but everyone did it basically. So if you figure there's just about zero chance that anyone there got out of the theater having spent less than $25 over the day, that'd still be $75 per person for 200 seats = $15,000 from one auditorium, with a good profit margin because of the concessions. I avoid popcorn, drinks, and any concessions 99% of the time and even I spent a TON that day.

StarWarsFan1997 and Guidman like this.
  25. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Yeah, like Bowen it's just odd that they only picked four theaters to hold the marathon. Although based on a brief glance looks like there are plenty of seats available in all of them but LA. I think for TFA, it sold out here in Pittsburgh by Wednesday. I was planning on doing it again if AMC was doing it here. It helped that I live less than a mile away from the theater so I was able to go home after ROTS and ROTJ. Might be why I enjoyed it so much, was able to eat real substantial food over the course of it. I will say the theater was pretty gross by the end of it though, some very interesting smells.

StarWarsFan1997 likes this.