main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Last Jedi Advance Ticket Sales - Monday October 9th

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by ManaByte, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Not at all good news. I refuse to watch TFA in anything but 3D. I'd rather just not watch it at all than see it in 2D. It was a painful experience once it left IMAX 3D, it wasn't even the same movie. It just was disappointing after seeing it in 3D. IMAX 3D looks amazing and is the only true way to see a major blockbuster in my opinion. Now RealD 3D looks like garbage, but IMAX projectors don't make the image any darker whatsoever. It's equal brightness but obviously in 3D and therefore just looks more realistic, more high end, better.

Yeah, I still didn't get that one, but whatever. I mean people are going to disagree on things, say things that other people don't agree with, that's the nature of public discourse. Just the same as some people won't understand how I could see a Star Wars movie dozens of times, I can't understand how someone would see a Star Wars movie only a few times if they're a "die hard fan." Just because I don't understand it doesn't mean I respect them any less or like them any less or anything else, it's a hobby after all, but asking me to understand it is like asking me to understand how someone likes feta cheese or something. I can "respect" my girlfriend loves it, but I think it's nasty, so I could live 100 years and never understand :p It's not personal. It's just how each of us prepares for a Star Wars movie in theaters. For some people, it's something to look forward to like a concert or a one-time event, like maybe going to see a sports event, but for me it's a way of life for the entire duration of the film's theatrical run. Even seeing SW in theaters 3 times a week is, what, an 8 hour or so time commitment? It's not like it's even my main hobby (that would be video games) during the course of the run, or like 8 hours gets in the way of me doing my work, or anything else. As hobbies go, it's pretty forgiving, they literally have show times all day long :p

MotivateR5D4 and Ricardo Funes like this.
  2. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    This is where the hype begins!

Hope Cineworld has sorted out their servers this time! For Rogue One the tickets were meant to go on sale at midnight but it was nearly 2am before their London Leicester Square IMAX screenings went on sale. I blame the rebels, when Empire owned the cinema I got my TFA tickets in like 5 minutes with no fuss lol!

UK tickets don't always go on sale at the same time as US so hopefully we'll get an announcement next week. I still expect sales next week/week after but looking forward to confirmation!

3. SWFanatic94

SWFanatic94 Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 10, 2017
    Is everyone ready for Fandango and other ticketing sites to crash again?

4. Mace_Windoo

Mace_Windoo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    No. I’m already stressed about it. Not looking forward to panicking as the sites crash and seats fill up.

5. SWFanatic94

SWFanatic94 Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 10, 2017

Agree with you there.

6. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    FYI Fandango isn't the sole advance movie ticketing service. In the midst of the TFA Fandango meltdown, I snagged my tickets off movietickets.com

Luke02 likes this.
  7. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998

That's what I did for TFA and RO.

ewoksimon likes this.
  8. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    We go to Cinemark and I was able to snag them my TFA tickets with not too many problems via their app. Hopefully the same happens here *knock on wood*.

9. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    At the time I was just shaking my head about it. Especially since I continued to see it a few more times after the thread got locked, but then no longer had anywhere to go and discuss my viewings. Even after we had already gotten the lock date extended. And then you come on that one day and get it locked right up. :p

Anyways, it's all good, I'm looking forward to continuing another viewings thread again well into next year.

10. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
  11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The first comment is the best. :p

12. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Double feature?? TFA/TLJ?

13. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002

Yep.

14. Canyon D

Canyon D Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 17, 2015
    wait didnt the OP laugh and say it wasn't gonna happen on the 9th? as well as like half the other people here? WELL HAHA! now I cant wait until Snoke is PLAGUISE and I CAN rub it in your FACES :p

*insert comment about eating crow from way back a few months before TFA release*

15. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    I'm gonna break a little news for you. Tickets went on sale today for Thursday December 14th @7pm via the Greater Cleveland Film Commission. We have our tickets!!!!!!! :cool::luke::greensaber:

16. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    A double feature would definitely be cool. They probably won't do another marathon until Episode 9 comes out.

B99 and Finland Skywalker like this.
  17. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    Help me out, fellow nerds:

There will be advanced screenings in the U.S. on December 14th, correct? I remember midnight showings for the prequels, but TFA had showtimes the day before around 8-9pm, right?

18. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Typically most first showings for films now start at 7pm.

D'an likes this.
  19. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    Yeah, first showings with start at 7pm on the 14th.

D'an likes this.
  20. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    In the past few years, it's pretty much standard that most movies start having screenings starting at 7PM on the Thursday of the weekend they are released.

D'an likes this.
  21. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Correct. Actual midnight showings are pretty much a thing of the past thanks to Twilight setting the precedent of 7:00 PM showings. It makes it much easier to get the younger crowd in and allows for more showings which means more money.

D'an likes this.
  22. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    That's what I thought. Thank you all!

Star Wars is the only thing I care enough about to see as EARLY AS POSSIBLE.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  23. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Just sell tix now, why wait till Mon??

24. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Because.

25. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014