main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Last Jedi Advance Ticket Sales - Monday October 9th

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by ManaByte, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    I know. I just have very little sympathy for that behavior. Reminds me of why I dislike Assange so much. Dozens of human rights activists have died as a result of his desire to dump information willy-nilly online. There are just too many people out there who don’t care about the consequences of their actions. And something tells me these leakers were fully aware that they might be getting people in trouble.

2. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    There is nothing wrong with them posting tickets on line. I mean, your boys traffic in movie spoilers. That harms a movie far more than pics of tickets. Speaking of wanting internet (and financial) fame

Edit: a few pages back you posted a link to the theater schedule. How is a pic of tix worse than that lol

3. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998

All through 2015 people were demanding that people post pics of proof of TFA spoilers, like Cameo Luke. This is why you don't post that stuff.

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  4. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    Well, I wasn't part of the crowd demanding that.

I don't think you see the fundamental difference here, which is the protection of sources. My "boys," by which I assume you mean MSW, consistently protect sources (and themselves) by not posting images that can be traced back to the source. That helps ensure that people don't lose their jobs, etc. And they do that despite fans clamoring for them to release original material.

5. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    This collective board was drooling over each Force Friday leak. How many store managers and employees were fired for stocking those early? None. Theater employees won't either. Was Force Friday delayed? No. Ticket sales won't be delayed either.

6. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    I just want to see the poster and trailer. I couldn't care less when tickets go on sale. Yeah they sold out quickly, but I had no problem getting tickets in late November/early December for the show we wanted.

After getting up at 4:30 am to make Disney dining reservations 6 months before our trip, getting tickets to a movie, even SW, is just not that difficult.

Luke'sSeveredHand and T-R- like this.
  7. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998

may1
    mā/
    verb
    modal verb: may
    1. 1. ​
      expressing possibility.
      "that may be true"
      • used when admitting that something is so before making another, more important point.
        "they may have been old-fashioned, but they were excellent teachers"

8. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    it seems tickets are delayed because of some idiots posting about early ticket sales. [face_plain]

9. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998

"AMC has an agreement with Disney that until they formally announce when tickets go on sale, we are not to provide any information to guests or sell tickets until the official ticket sales launch time/date."

By someone posting a picture of AMC's computer system on Reddit, Disney sees that as AMC violating their agreement with them.

10. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    That wasn't for you. It was for Manabyte

Can you post the definition to the word "is"? As you used in your definitive statement regarding employees being fired, theaters fined, and tickets voided?

11. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    I wonder if Mark Hamill got a penalty for letting slip about 9th October trailer/football game. Yeah never play with the empire/first order. :rolleyes:

12. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Come on nightangel, they aren't going to change their well thought out plan and rollout because Mark let it out of the bag or because some dude bought tickets early

nightangel and Luke'sSeveredHand like this.
  13. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    Well then, good thing Lucasfilm is neither the Empire nor the First Order.

T-R- likes this.
  14. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    really hope you are right. [face_sigh]

T-R- likes this.
  15. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    Which I get... to an extent. Contact AMC, tell them to secure that ****, and move on. The hype being generated is going to help the movie...

T-R- and Gigoran Monk like this.
  16. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    If I were Kathleen, I'd get on Good Morning America or something and talk/ laugh about tickets being sold before they're even on sale! It's a great story, actually.

Ridley Solo and T-R- like this.
  17. Jedi Older Code

Jedi Older Code Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2014
    Uhhh okay why would they still not sell tickets Monday because of some folks posted pics and broke the sale date? It’s all hyperbole. There is money to be made and if anything there is more awareness of ticket sales. Everyone just need to trust in the Force.

T-R- likes this.
  18. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Exactly. They aren't going to make it harder for fans to buy tickets to their movie because some theaters sold a few tickets early. That money still goes to LFL/Disney. That's the old adage about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Ridley Solo and nightangel like this.
  19. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    Someone made a mistake. These are probably teenagers working at a movie theater. Not doctors who made a mistake during brain surgery FFS. Jesus.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

20. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998
    The guy who bought the tickets in Ohio says HE was the one to pull down the images so he wouldn't get anyone fired.

21. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998
    Received more information about what happened yesterday, and it looks like it's still 95% sure that tickets WILL go on sale as planned, but here's what I know now.

After Reddit pulled down the image of the AMC computers there was an internal memo sent out about the leak. As standard procedure, they explained how bad leaking stuff to Reddit is, etc. The big thing was that they were ordered to remove any posted information about The Last Jedi ticketing.

That's where the belief that ticketing was delayed comes from. After learning this, I think it's a safe bet to camp your computer for tickets on Monday.

https://twitter.com/MakingStarWars/status/916713593369853952

Ridley Solo likes this.
  22. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah Monday ticket launch is safe. This was one photo, maybe a wrist got slapped by Disney but nothing more will come of it. EVERYTHING for Force Friday got leaked and sold early (barring Disney Store stuff, but even there some pics leaked) and, as far as I'm aware, no stores got in trouble/penalised for it. They went after a couple of fan bloggers and websites to take down images and reviews (which was still over-reacting as they had bought the products legally) but it certainly didn't change their launch plans or alter their relationship with retailers (where there have been leaks for all 3 product launches now).

nightangel and T-R- like this.
  23. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Hmm well maybe where you are or if you just don't care about the quality of screening / seat. Here the best IMAX seats will sell out within minutes. It's VERY tough betting those tickets unless you're there right when they're on sale.

24. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Is TLJ even being shown in 3D IMAX? I thought those showings were phased out. Also, while the seats were really taken up here, it took quite a while to get to that point. And TLJ won't be to the level of TFA. Maybe 75-80% of what TFA was?

25. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Anyone know if they are planning on doing those marathons leading up to the release like they did with TFA?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk