main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Last Jedi Blu-Ray/DVD (US dates: March 13th Digital and March 27th Blu-Ray/DVD)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Diego Lucas, Dec 18, 2017.

1. CowMoo

CowMoo Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2001
    If The Force Awakens was any indication, the movie probably won't be available for download until the wee-hours of the morning, maybe 2 or 3 am or so.

2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    You might want to check it. I got it on Vudu and I'm watching it right now.

Darth-Seldon likes this.
  3. CowMoo

CowMoo Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2001
    oops sorry, it looks like it has been released on itunes . The "Director and the Jedi" extra is about 1 hour and 35 minutes long, almost the length of a feature movie.

4. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    I think I’m going to hold out till the actual Blu-ray release. I’m dying to watch it again but don’t want to double dip especially given physical release is only a further two weeks away. Cannot wait to see the doco though.

5. yanote

yanote Jedi Knight star 2

May 1, 2016
    Same for me. Can't wait but got to!!!

6. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    Bought on Vudu. Couldn’t wait and I already have force awakens on it so why not? Deleted scenes were cool to see. Some I wish were included in the movie and some I’m glad were left out.

7. All_Powerful_Jedi

All_Powerful_Jedi Force Ghost star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    I'm watching it right now on iTunes (Pacific time).

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  8. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Does Amazon have all of the special features from the blu ray?

9. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I cant wait the two weeks for the Blu-ray, I mean I will get The Walmart, Target, and Best Buy Blu-ray just because the picture looks so much better then Digital and you get the cool cases but I am going over to Walmart later and getting the Digital for my Vudu Account. The Beauty of getting It from Walmart Is I don't have to use my credit card which I have been bad with I could stand not to use my credit card for at least a year. I plan to go to Walmart pay with Cash and another great thing is there Is no tax!

I also had a foot Injury this week I sprained my ankle or something Falling In a hole where someone was fixing a sprinkler system I have been really upset the past few days not being able to walk much, I need something to cheer me up! When I get TLJ on Digital I plan on Watching TFA first then TLJ!

Ody_Mandrell likes this.
  10. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    My heart leapt when I read this post. I had no idea that TLJ was out in the world today, legally, at my disposal!

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  11. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    The Director and the Jedi is well done. Not quite The Beginning but really good and has plenty of insight into the filmmaking. It had a fitting tribute to Carrie. Also left the impression that KMT was cast late in the process (they had already done some preliminary filming on Skelling Michael). It is also a great tourism ad for Ireland--I need to get out there.
    As for the deleted scenes, I agree with their exclusion from the final cut. I did enjoy the raid on the caretaker village, especially the scene of Chewie and R2 partying with the caretakers. But think it was best left on the cutting room floor.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  12. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    I won't be able to watch it until later tonight, but I definitely logged into my Vudu this morning and added it to my movie collection. Normally I try to be patient enough to wait for the physical release (except when Vudu is gracious enough to count your digital order as a preorder for the physical disc - that's really cool, wish that would've been an option here.) But when I heard Last Jedi was going to be available in 4K UHD (the first Star Wars movie to be published in that format, no?), I decided it was time to upgrade. Bought a 4K TV and player. When you're dropping that kind of scratch for a movie, what's another $25? (Btw - I also got Coco on 4K because it was available when I bought the TV. If you're on the fence about switching, check out that movie in 4K. You'll get off the fence real quick.)

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  13. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    I think this is going to be the first one I buy digitally. I'm going to get the physical disk too...but I can't wait any longer. Which is odd given I've only seen the movie twice #thanksparenthood

Ody_Mandrell likes this.
  14. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Yeah. I only got to see it five times (I know - ONLY!), but aside from Rogue One (which I didn't like), that's actually the fewest viewings I've gotten in for a Star Wars movie in theaters.

15. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I just went to two Walmart's neither had the digital, wasn't it supposed to go on sale today?

16. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    The digital version is definitely available today, but I don't really know how it works for buying a digital copy from a physical retail store. They have some plastic cards for that displayed at the DVD/Blu-ray section, right? I would assume they're supposed to do that at the same time.

17. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    yea I buy them all the time at Walmart there like Gift cards and on your receipt you get a code that I redeem at www.VuduRedeem.com its supper easy but both Walmart's I went to did not have it.

EHT likes this.
  18. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    Does the digital download have Rian's commentary track?

19. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Yep.

20. hermiona52

hermiona52 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 20, 2017
    And here I'm sitting patiently, waiting, because premiere in my country is... April 23rd :_| But after seeing that 11-minute preview of TLJ document it's going to be really hard.

yanote and Ody_Mandrell like this.
  21. zackm

Dec 22, 2015
    Anyone know how to get to it on Amazon? I can't figure it out.

22. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    The digital version should say "Amazon Video". I think there's two version though. One with extra features and one without so be careful which you choose.

23. zackm

Dec 22, 2015
    Yeah, the one I bought has like 342 hours of bonus footage, which is awesome, but I really want to listen to Rian's commentary and I can't figure it out. Maybe I bought the wrong one.

24. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I know there's a "Theatrical version" and a "Bonus content version". I imagine the theatrical version is just the film.

25. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    @zackm As far as I know, from skimming through all the bonus content, the commentary's not on Amazon.