main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Last Jedi Blu-Ray/DVD (US dates: March 13th Digital and March 27th Blu-Ray/DVD)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Diego Lucas, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I love Clue! For some reason as a kid I watched that movie repeatedly, but I don't know about my version, like it was just a VHS version. I recently bought it on iTunes, but haven't rewatched it. I wonder if it's actually as fun as I remember. Let me tell you, it's a harsh awakening sometimes when you watch a movie as an adult. Phew. I loved Superman IV as a kid. Superman IV. Yeah, THAT one. Surely must be one of the worst, most unwatchable movies ever made, but somehow when I was 6 or 7 I thought it was great. :p

2. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    Never actually saw any of those, just heard about them.

3. yanote

yanote Jedi Knight star 2

May 1, 2016
    Same with me, Bowen! Superman IV was my favorite: saw it with my grand father and i was in awe. [face_dunno]

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  4. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    All of the films I loved as a kid hold up for me. The Indiana Jones films, Batman, Star Wars...I still can’t get enough.

Ricardo Funes and Bowen like this.
  5. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I loved On Her Majesty’s Secret Service. I am afraid to watch it as an adult but I do own the Bond complete set :) lol

6. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 12, 2015
    The release date for the digital download of The Last Jedi has been revealed via iTunes’ New Zealand page as Wednesday March 14th.
    The iTunes site has different pages for different areas of the world. While the United States iTunes page shows no release date, the New Zealand page reveals March 14th.
    [​IMG]
    There have been rumors that the physical 4K/Blu-ray release is March 27th, which would mark 13 days after the digital release date if the Blu-ray date turns out to be accurate.
    I actually messaged Target customer service and they said the estimated physical copy release date is indeed March 27th:
    [​IMG]

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/201...al-download-will-be-available-march-14th.html

7. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Don't be afraid it's still one of the best Bond movies ever. Watch it!

Bowen, EHT, Pro Scoundrel and 2 others like this.
  8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yah 2 weeks after the digital download seems about the max amount of time. I saw some of that screencaped art back there, does it look like we aren't getting a DVD bundled with the Blu Ray like we did for TFA and R1? I actually use those, Disney! Mostly rip them for mobile viewing on iPod classic.

Actually, I was a bit lazy and watched TFA mobile when I could on my phone via Netflix but it's been taken off Netflix Canada (boo! Hiss!) and I still haven't redeemed the digital DL that came with the TFA blu ray, it's still valid, isn't it? I actually have never redeemed those, like I said, I use the DVDs to make mobile versions.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  9. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    I know a lot of people aren't into 3D, but I prefer to get the version that has that as part of the package. Any word when we can expect that version in the US? I see listings in the UK for that version of the Blu Ray.

Bowen likes this.
  10. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    If 3/14 is true, I can't wait!!!

11. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Clue Is one of those movies that always seems to be on some cable network on a lot of weekends. I saw It as recently as a few years ago I think it aged some but still holds up pretty well!

Bowen likes this.
  12. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Really looking forward to the deleted scenes - 20 min according to RJ & whole sequences too.....

themoth likes this.
  13. WebLurker

Mar 12, 2016
    Are deleted scenes still canon like they were in Legends (baring discrepancies with other materials)?

14. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    I guess not. If deleted scenes were canon, then Maz Kanata would have the Force.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
    Bowen likes this.
  15. WebLurker

Mar 12, 2016
    Well, tie-ins have confirmed that Maz is indeed a Force user (and her scene with Rey in the basement doesn't make sense if she isn't).

16. Ricardo Funes

Dec 18, 2015
    Which tie-ins? I am very sure Maz is not a Force user in canon. She says she knows the Force, which means she knows what it is about, the philosophical meanings.

17. WebLurker

Mar 12, 2016
    TFA visual dictionary, for one.

18. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Yeah I felt Maz was definitely a Force user.

19. Ricardo Funes

Dec 18, 2015
    The Visual Dictionary says she has an "affinity for the Force", that she never walked the Jedi path, and that she used her connection to the Force to keep her out of danger.

You said she was a Force user, which is a little more than just having an affinity for the Force.

So, deleted scenes should not be considered canon, otherwise the Visual Dictionary would say she is a very powerful Force User (not just "having an affinity").

In the deleted scene, she was able to crash the ceiling over the heads of stormtroopers. This is a level of Force Power that is beyond a mere affinity.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  20. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    In the Deleted scenes on TFA Blu-ray they hade a deleted scene of Maz where she uses the force but that is not canon because It isn't in the film.

21. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    That's really exciting. I'm hoping to see from DJ.

22. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Deleted scenes canon seems to be mostly canon, but it needs to be referenced. To go back to the OT, Luke still met with Biggs at Toche Station, Hobbie died at the Battle of Hoth, and in the PT Vader killed a Jedi Master in Order 66 (who actually had another, earlier, Grevious death scene).

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  23. WebLurker

Mar 12, 2016
    Well, a lot of deleted scenes tend to get canonized by the novelizations.

BigAl6ft6 and Ricardo Funes like this.
  24. Ricardo Funes

Dec 18, 2015
    That would be ok. If the deleted scene is referenced, then it becomes canon, I agree.

25. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    yah and for the record, in the TFA novelization, Maz doesn't do the ceiling collapse bit.

Shak-Ti! That's who Vader killed! Canon! (It was in a Force vision in Clone Wars)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018