main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Last Jedi Blu-Ray/DVD (US dates: March 13th Digital and March 27th Blu-Ray/DVD)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Diego Lucas, Dec 18, 2017.

1. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    In Rebels, actually.

2. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 12, 2015
    Today it will be the official announce

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  3. Diego Lucas

Dec 12, 2015
    Perfect time

EHT, TX-20, Dr_Cthulhu and 3 others like this.
  4. Diego Lucas

Dec 12, 2015
    STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI COMES HOME
    THE LATEST CHAPTER IN THE SAGA ARRIVES MARCH 13 ON DIGITAL AND MARCH 27 ON BLU-RAY 4K ULTRA HD, BLU-RAY, AND ON-DEMAND.

Rey. Kylo Ren. Finn. Rose. Luke. Leia. Poe.

And porgs, of course.

The latest film in the Star Wars saga is coming home. Star Wars: The Last Jediwill arrive, it was announced today, on Digital (in HD and 4K Ultra HD) and via Movies Anywhere on March 13, and on Blu-ray 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and On-Demand on March 27. And along with the number one movie of 2017 comes a galaxy of bonus features, including The Director and the Jedi — an intimate journey into the creation of Star Wars: The Last Jedi with writer-director Rian Johnson — as well as an audio commentary and much more. The full list includes*:

• The Director and the Jedi – Go deep behind the scenes with writer-director Rian Johnson on an intimate and personal journey through the production of the movie—and experience what it’s like to helm a global franchise and cultural phenomenon.
    • Balance of the Force – Explore the mythology of the Force and why Rian Johnson chose to interpret its role in such a unique way.
    • Scene Breakdowns
      • Lighting the Spark: Creating the Space Battle – Get a close-up look at the epic space battle, from the sounds that help propel the action, through the practical and visual effects, to the characters who bring it all to life.
      • Snoke and Mirrors – Motion capture and Star Wars collide as the filmmakers take us through the detailed process of creating the movie’s malevolent master villain.
      • Showdown on Crait – Break down everything that went into creating the stunning world seen in the movie’s final confrontation, including the interplay between real-word locations and visual effects, reimagining the walkers, designing the crystal foxes, and much more.
    • Andy Serkis Live! (One Night Only) – Writer-director Rian Johnson presents two exclusive sequences from the movie featuring Andy Serkis’ riveting, raw on-set performance before his digital makeover into Snoke.
    • Deleted Scenes – With an introduction and optional commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
    • Audio Commentary – View the movie with in-depth feature audio commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
    * Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi will come in a variety of packages, including the Multi-screen Edition (includes Blu-ray and a Digital copy), the 4K Ultra HD Collector’s Edition (including 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and a Digital copy), and Best Buy and Target retailer exclusives. The 4K Ultra HD version features the extraordinary color, contrast, and brightness of Dolby Vision High Dynamic Range, paired with fully immersive picture and sound with Dolby Atmos audio. Check out the packaging below:

[​IMG]
    Best Buy Exclusive Blu-ray Steelbook (Blu-ray, DVD, Digital) (above and below)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Best Buy Exclusive 4K Ultra HD Steelbook (4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, Digital) (above and below)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Target Exclusive Blu-ray (Blu-ray, DVD, Digital) (above and below) / Includes exclusive bonus feature Meet the Porgs: Take a lighthearted look at the development of the lovable creatures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Multi-screen Edition (Blu-ray + Digital)

[​IMG]
    4K Ultra HD Collector’s Edition (4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, Digital)

Get full disc specifications below, and reach out and feel the Force (with your feelings — remember Luke’s lesson!) with Star Wars: The Last Jedi again.

DISC SPECIFICATIONS:
    FEATURE RUN TIME: Approximately 152 min.
    RATING: PG-13 in U.S.; PG in CE; PG in CF
    ASPECT RATIO: 2.39:1
    AUDIO:
    4K UHD (US): English 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos; English 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus; English 2.0 Descriptive Audio, Spanish 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus
    4K UHD (Canada): English 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos; English 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus; English 2.0 Descriptive Audio, French 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus
    Blu-ray: English 7.1 DTS-HDMA, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio, French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital Language Tracks
    DVD: English 5.1 Dolby Digital, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio, French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital Language Tracks
    Digital 4K UHD: English Dolby Atmos (where available), English 7.1 Dolby Digital (where available), English, French & Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio (where available)
    Digital HD: English, French & Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio (where available)
    SUBTITLES:
    UHD / BD: English SDH, French & Spanish
    DVD: English SDH, French & Spanish
    Digital: English SDH, English Closed Caption, French & Spanish (where available)

http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-last-jedi-comes-home

5. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    14 deleted scenes! Noice!

themoth likes this.
  6. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Good batch of bonus features on this. Looks like they basically included everything so there won't be a double dip this time.

7. Vader0706

Vader0706 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2017
    Can't wait to own this bad boy in Blu-Ray! The bonus features sound very good too!

April 9th here in the UK, though...

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  8. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Very stoked for both features on Snoke and so happy Johnson is showcasing Serkis' raw non-CGI performance.

9. Diego Lucas

Dec 12, 2015
    March 28 here in Brazil
    [​IMG]

Giovs and Ricardo Funes like this.
  10. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I was a bit shocked at that number! I thought they'd be holding content back, especially if it contains a scene with Carrie. I am pleasantly surprised though that deleted scenes arent being made exclusive, I was upset that the TFA Leia scene was held for the 4k release, and not the Blu Ray.

B99 and Ricardo Funes like this.
  11. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    eyes down for the 4K, 3D blu ray, Blu ray combo. Disney did this with Spider-man and in the UK is usually an HMV exclusive...

12. ewoksimon

Oct 26, 2009
    One thing to note about Johnson's commentary is that it was recorded before the film was released. That's probably for the best.

RP McMurphy, Satipo and TX-20 like this.
  13. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    Thank goodness an audio commentary was included this time. I'm not going to double dip on TFA until it gets an Ultra HD Blu-ray release. The bonus features seem pretty solid but they really should include still galleries and promotional material. The Prequels and OT did a better job with extras than these new movies.
    March 27th was what was rumored, so I'm not surprised. I still wanna know why they are releasing it then instead of the first week of April like the most recent two films.

14. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Really looking forward to seeing the raw Andy Serkis scenes as Snoke.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
    themoth and Darth Dnej like this.
  15. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    As nice as that steelbook looks, I think I want the Target edition with the extra feature and book.

16. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    Does that mean that the UK is getting a 3D version, and the US isn't? Forgive my ignorance, but will UK Blu Ray discs play on US players, or are they region coded?

17. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    with the negativity, I am surprised there is any interest in the blue rays.

18. ewoksimon

Oct 26, 2009
    For the sake of consistency, I kind of wish they kept the single character cover for the saga steelbooks, like they did with Kylo for TFA, but this one is still quite good.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  19. Matty20172018

Matty20172018 Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 20, 2017
    I think it's fair to say there will be far more content being held back, to turn up for further releases in years to come.
    I am very pleased that an audio commentary is actually included this time!

20. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    There is a lot of positivity too.

After a BO of 1.3B+, of course there will be a lot of interest in the Blu Ray. :)

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    My body and my wallet are ready.

As much as I love Rogue One and TFA, their BTS content were somewhat thin. This looks amazing.

22. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    I'm estatic that this release looks good good and substantial.
    Apparently, the Director and the Jedi is a feature-length documentary. Great!
    [​IMG]

Ody_Mandrell and Ricardo Funes like this.
  23. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    The UK is getting the ,3Dversion for sure (TLJ was pretty good in 3D - better than rogue one anyway) whether it works in the USA is a different question. Blu Rays are region A for USA and region B for Europe, but many discs will be region free meaning they will work anywhere .

I did hear that in America the home 3D market is not well catered for. Rogue one was a Walmart or Target exclusive and sold out.
    Many folks will say 3D is dead but as long as films are post 3D for the cinema the cost of then making that into Blu Ray is pittance. The extra charge then for the 3D version makes it very worthwhile.

As someone who owns a 4k, 3d TV I don't like to choose between HDR and 3D . Both have their merits but have a completely different vibe for a cinematic experience. Which is why the 4k, 3d, 2d blu ray bundles are very welcome (if not rare)

TadoFett likes this.
  24. Akane

Akane Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 20, 2018
    14 deleted scenes? I need to have that Blu-Ray immediately!

TadoFett, Darth Dnej and chris hayes like this.
  25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Can't wait to see my gang of familiar but nameless friends who are always waiting at the door of Best Buy with me for steelbook crap.