main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC17 The Last Jedi panel..Friday 4/14

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by star_wars_is_good, Feb 15, 2017.

1. 80ninjas

80ninjas Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2014
    Huh, I guess they had a second stream showing the digital stage? I remember people bitching about them showing the digital stage. Maybe I misheard.....

2. Echosen

Echosen Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2017
    The problem with the line to get into the line is that it can extend in various directions. For ex if you were to wait a 6 o'clock position to get into line, say 3 o clock position is a wall and 9 is an open space That leaves that whole side open it'll be a mad rush to get into line. Also people can just walk in circles like they are exercising when it gets close to that time and funnel in. Then you'll have other who will test the boundaries, what are they gonna do ticket u or take u to jail for violating the rule. If it's a ticket then take the ticket what r they gonna do cite multiple times for this?

3. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014

Ok I am going to Celebration on Friday Waking up early In the AM and driving from Punta Gorda Florida to Orlando the day of Celebration on Friday. It Takes about 2 and a half hours to get to Orlando from my house, What time should I leave my house and aim to get there If I want to get in to the room with the main stage for the episode 8 panel? please specify with either AM or PM so I don't get confused thank you. also I am a first timer what other really cool things should I plan for on Friday any advice would be great! also if I don't get in the main room with the main stage is the overflow room pretty cool? I am guessing a big screen Is in there? also do they have food at the event and what would you guys suggest to hold souvenirs do they allow backpacks ?

4. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    ^ It's hard to recommend a time at this point except to say early. They'll have standard over priced convention food. Backpacks should be fine, you'll just need to get it checked by security.

5. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    until they announce when the line can officially start forming, it's really hard telling.

6. Echosen

Echosen Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2017
    Just curious, is that line zig zagging or is it many lines going forward to security points?

7. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

I have that same question, also Is that a line to get into celebration or a Panel?

8. TK--421

TK--421 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 30, 2002
    It's a little blurry, but I believe that was the queue to enter Celebration after the security check. It was setup as a zig zag, as seen here:
    http://www.starwarscelebration.com/...wc-hasboro-exclusive.pdf?v=636034987113002983

You can see the same S7 in the picture as shown on the map. The way it worked is the VIPs were let in first, then the medical, then the right most line against the wall (which I was in) was let in first, then moved one column to the left and so on.

9. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    so is that what we should expect in Orlando a line/crowd that big? If so I will have o practice my breathing techniques my therapist showed me. I have social anxieties and just about every therapist I ever had tried to get me to do some kind of thing like Celebration or comic convention, so you might say this is my therapy!

[​IMG]

one more question the diagram you posted you said it was a diagram of a line to get into Celebration but to the upper left hand side of the picture it says "PANEL QUEUE" Do they line you up for the panels right at security?

10. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    ^ You can count on a ton of people being there.

11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, that pic was where everyone got in line after security to get into the venue. It zig-zagged all around that hall. People with backpacks or something like that had to go through a bag check as well. The earlier you got there the further toward the front of that line you were. (Sorry about the quality - my partner held his smartphone over his head to take the pic since he was much taller than me.). You could not get into the Celebration area without going through security unless you were staff. You also had to go through a security check if you went outside the venue (like for food or a smoke) and came back in. (Not in that area - they had people at the doors). This setup made it real hard to get to an early panel since the lines didn't start to enter til 10 AM.

12. TK--421

TK--421 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 30, 2002
    Those are the queues for the panel wristbands. Once you get to the front of that you'd get a wristband for the panel indicated, then go get into another panel queue line to get your second wristband, or head over to the exhibition hall queue to the show on the other side to line up to enter the show.

13. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

yea I am leaving my house super early and thinking of not bringing a back pack...

14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I mentioned earlier here that I just put a plastic shopping bag in a pocket to handle purchases and handouts. Worked fine - I just offloaded the stuff to the backpack back in the hotel room at the end of the day.

15. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

Say I buy some merchandise do they not put it In a plastic bag like in a store?

16. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Yeah, but if you buy from multiple places, it can be tedious trying to carry four bags around.

17. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

I guess it really depends on how much I buy? I really don't make a lot of money so I don't intend to buy a lot, the celebration tickets were an early birthday gift from my dad but I will buy food and other things at the event!

18. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Yeah, if you're not planning on buying a bunch, then you don't need to worry about it. It's still fun to walk around and look at the stuff the vendors have even if you don't buy anything.

19. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

very true most of the fun of shopping is looking at what there is to buy. don't get me wrong if there is one thing I like its buying new stuff but most people have to much stuff as it is. running out of room on my shelves;)
    can you bring stuff out to your car and come back in the venue?

20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I took the bag more for the handouts - you don't normally get one for those. Also some of the smaller vendors probably won't have bags. And here in the UK stores have to charge for plastic bags unless they are small - like a corner store or newsagent, for example.
    Not sure on the car question but at CE people were going in and out as there was a Starbucks and a pub quite near to the venue. You just had to show your badge and go through the security check on the way back in. Same for a smoking break.

21. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I would love to go to the Last Jedi Panel, When I get there should I line up to get in the building security and all or do you line up first to get in the panel basically what I am asking once through security do I line up to get in the main venue or the Panel?

22. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    They will announce the procedure later.

23. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

oh ok thanks I think you told me that a few days ago sorry.

24. Husker88

Husker88 Jedi Padawan

Dec 18, 2015
    This is the first convention of any sort my wife and I will be attending and we're trying to decide whether to buy tickets to Thursday and Friday, or just Friday. If we were to go on just Friday, should we expect our entire convention experience to be waiting in line for the TLJ panel, or do you imagine we'll have time for some shopping and the like as well? As I said this will be our first convention ever, so I don't really know how it works or what there even is to do beyond panels. That said, if it's available, I'd like to see what sort of collectibles they have and maybe get some comics signed if the authors or artists are there.

25. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Too early to say since we don't know what time the panel is or what the line procedure is. There will certainly be plenty of vendors there along with collectibles exclusive to the convention. If you can make it work, I'd go more than one day. There's just so much to see and do.