main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics The Last Jedi: Storms of Crait (One-Shot)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Diego Lucas, Sep 15, 2017.

1. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    To be fair, it is Artoo. With a bit of help, he caused the Empire to lose the Galaxy Gun, Eclipse II, AND Byss all in the same hack. SCAR was lucky to escape with their lives.

Daneira, JediFett10 and Jedi Ben like this.
  2. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    I don't even bother with post ANH-pre ESB stories anymore. These comics have ruined this era of storytelling and have made the big 3 go from beloved icons to painful drags. I almost don't want to think about Luke, Leia and Han anymore. I prefer new characters, like the Ghost crew, and that's pretty sad since those characters aren't too much better themselves. Having Luke learn more about the Force and Jedi in between ANH and ESB seems pointless, because he obviously didn't do a good job rebuilding the Jedi. After ROTJ, he left his friends and started roaming around like a vagabond and made the most fragile order that fell apart due to one emo dooshy kid, and then he became a depressed exile-e, who gets knocked down by a untrained girl. NU-canon Luke is INCREDIBLY lame, and the character is nothing like his awesome Legends counterpart. Luke died alright, just a few years before TLJ came out....

UnlimitedSarcasm likes this.
  3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I liked this issue mostly due to the character banter, Luke being embittered about doing farming again was kinda funny, some interesting moments with Leia and the guy who ran Crait, and seeing Scar Squadron get good and thumped. That guy lost his lightsaber! And Chewie blew the jetpack one out of the sky! And Wedge's "You better bring a Star Destroyer!" was genius. And a bonafide Luke has the hots for Leia moment, which is totally legit at this moment in the timeline.

I was surprised that Crait was never a rebel base to begin with, all they did was look around.

4. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    I think the reason SCAR Squadron are getting their due now is because the rebels are learning how to take them on. Their skills and ego of being an Imperial are going to fall behind as the Alliance learns from each encounter.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  5. Rebel-Jedi

Rebel-Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 26, 2005
    Why does the fight scene between the Rebels and Scar Squadron remind me of the rumble scene in the Outsiders movie? Should Wedge have yelled "Don't you know a rumble ain't a rumble without Wedge Antilles!" [face_laugh]

6. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    ESB: Leia and general Rieekan saying Han is a good soldier/natural leader
    Comics: so.... We don't know what to do to him... But you need to agree his face is very realistic!

7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I think Han on the race in his own mini probably went a long way. That and capturing a Star Destroyer.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Okay I need to resurrect this thread and talk about this for a second cause I can’t in the reading canon without double posting.

anyway I hate this comic. Okay that’s strong. I dislike it. Maybe it’s because I despise the previous work the writers had and that colored my impression. But I have said this before but join the resistance is straight up bad. And this is written by the same two guys. And guess what this is bad as well! Shocking.

the art looks well bad. Again I hate tracing stills from movies. I have been really spoiled with the 2020 runs of the mainline series as well as its spinoffs in the art department.

also the dialogue was just plain nothing really exciting. I don’t know how to describe it. But all the dialogue just feels flat.

again I don’t know how much of Join the Resistance is coloring my impression beforehand. But I usually don’t pay much attention to the author of a comic or book (cause I am going to read them all) but when I noticed like last month that this was written by the join the resistance duo I decided to not read this until later. Well later came and it’s still bad.

I am so glad these two have only touched two Star Wars projects. I am sure they are great people but they just can’t write Star Wars.

edit just checked their wookieepeida page apparently they also wrote DJ: Most wanted which I have read it isn’t bad. Probably their best work. They also wrote the bumped short story from certain point of view.

so the common factor on if a story they write is good or okay to bad is if it involves Leia.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2024