main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Last resort. Qui-Gon/OC posted on 2/15/07. V-day viggie for DarthIshtar

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RK_Striker_JK_5, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    This is a Valentine's Day viggie for DarthIshtar. Noela Ovorp is her and Noelie's creation.

This is also my very first Before fic, and pretty much my first time writing Qui-Gon.

Here we go!

The sun was shining, the birds were singing. There was a light breeze on the air, just enough to cool you and ruffle your hair. In short, it was a perfect day to be poolside at Crystal Reef Resort on Mon Calamari.

And it left Qui-Gon Jinn absolutely, positively miserable. He didn?t want to be here. He felt rather exposed in nothing but a sleeveless shirt and shorts, with floppy sandals on his bare feet. He wanted his robes back, his boots and lightsaber. He didn?t even know how to drink the fruity concoction on the table in front of him. He picked the frosted glass up, wondering if there was indeed any liquid amongst the chunks of fruit, straw and various pieces of decoration. He sat it back down and rolled his eyes, wishing the spice smugglers had picked someplace, anyplace else to do their transaction.

?Having fun??

Qui-Gon looked over-and his eyes widened slightly at the woman sitting down. Noela Ovorp settled down into the lounge chair and flipped several stray locks of golden-brown hair out of her eyes. ?I should?ve gotten this cut before coming to Mon Calamari. The humidity?s been killer!? She looked over at Qui-Gon. ?Next time, it might be a good idea to get another Jedi instead of me to help you out with a sting operation.? She looked over with bemused blue eyes that narrowed. ?What is it??

The Jedi Knight slid down in his chair and reached over, grabbing his glass and sucking on a straw. ?Nothing?? He averted his eyes from her two-piece bathing suit that managed to show off her curves, obliterating the image of the staid Senator Ovorp from his mind. He blushed even more as she stood up, stretching out. ?Do you have to do that??

Noela looked over and down, her face the picture of devilish innocence. ?Do what, Qui-Gon? I?m just getting myself ready for a nice swim in the pool.? She walked around the table, making sure Qui-Gon?s blood pressure spiked before almost sauntering to the pool. She slid herself into the crystal-clear water and kicked off, backstroking across the 30-meter wide pool and waving to him.

His only response was to sink further into his chair and pray for the ground to open up beneath him?
    Qui-Gon walked through the lobby of the hotel, his skin slightly red from being out in the sun too long. He had been so used to wearing robes, he actually neglected putting on any sunscreen, and was now paying the price for his lack of adequate protection. ?I want my robes back. I want my boots back.?

He turned a corner, but stopped short when his danger sense went off. A pair of scruffy humans with briefcases and far too much clothing for such a place. The two men exchanged glances, then pulled out a pair of blaster rifles. ?So, they sent one of the big nekks after us,? the taller one said.

Qui-Gon smiled. ?Only the best for you two. Now, put down the briefcases, holster and safety your weapons and come peacefully with me,? he stated, waving his hand at them and wishing fervently he had his lightsaber with him.

The taller one?s eyes narrowed and he shook his head, actually hitting his temple with his fist. ?No, no! I think I?ll ventilate you and then my partner and I will skip out of here. How?s that for yah??

Qui-Gon?s eyes half-closed, but a shout from behind broke his concentration. He heard, ?Qui-Gon!? felt Noela?s presence? and reached his hand out as she tossed him his lightsaber. The metal hilt slid into his hands and he ignited it, sending forth the shimmering plasma blade. With a single sweep, he sliced the barrel and most of the power assembly with one smooth stroke.

The man gasped and dropped the smoking piece of junk and backed away, but Qui-Gon reached out and pushed, sending him stumbling back and crashing to the floor. The smaller man paled slightly before dropping the briefcase and putting his hands on his head.

Qui-Gon t

2. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    Indeed.. attachment isn't a dirty word :)

[:D]

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL, I'm not surprised that she has a bit of a 6th sense after hanging around with her Attachment for years and years. Great job!

4. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Noelie-Thanks. And no, it never was a dirty word. Stupid prequel Jedi...

Ish-Thanks. Glad you liked it. And yeah, a little bit of it's gotta rub off onto her.

5. Araxie

Araxie Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2006
    It took me awhile to get here.
    Very cute.
    In this case attachment is definetly not a dirty word.

6. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Araxie-Oh, thank you. :) I never thought attachment was a dirty word-ever. The whole 'no attachments' thing was... beyond stupid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.