main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padu, KY The Last Thread Ever

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by pacervader, Feb 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    Hey Guys,
    First off let me say this is not the last post ever, lol, I just wanted to be sure that those that actually still visit these boards read this. Lol
    Where to begin, ok, our club suffered a rift last fall, there?s no need to dredge up what it was, if you don?t remember go check out the thread(s). I thought I could fix this rift with a relaunch, but over the last 3 months I realize I was mistaken. Now please understand that I am not blaming anyone but myself for this, I?m being very honest with you all, its no ones fault. These things just happen, I think it was John Lennon who said ?Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans? and ?Life? has happened to our club.
    I?ll be the first to say that I have made so many mistakes with the handling of this club. In its day to day affairs to my interactions with its members. This rift last fall was a direct result of my lack of leadership over the previous year, and for this I am very very sorry. But its done, it happened and people got hurt on both sides, I can?t change that now. I just hope those that I have wronged (I won?t mention names, you know who you are) will forgive me for offending them, I truly am sorry.
    I do not regret a minute of being apart of this club. I?ve made life long friendships with most of you and I know many of you have found some kindred spirits as well. But I think we can all agree that this just isn?t fun anymore. I know several of you will say I should have read ?the writing on the wall? long ago (wow, a biblical reference from bower, do a double take folks, lol) but I truly hoped I could turn it around and make us exciting again, but here we are.
    The fact is we have had 3 meetings and a couple events since the rift and each has been less and less attended and less and less fun. Which I totally understand why, and I don?t blame you. Last night we had 4 members show up to our meeting, and 2 new people and I realized laying in bed last night that we have nothing to offer the new recruits. When the club was young we got new people to come and stay because it was fun to be an Imperial, all of you remember those times. But times have changed. We all have other interests and priorities now. I know that personally I have a lot of crap going on in my life right now so I totally understand how everyone feels.
    I?m very sad but I?m not mad or angry about this or at any one of you. You guys have been amazing and we, as a club, have accomplished some very cool feats and fun events and we have nothing to be ashamed of. Its why I don?t want our club to slip anymore than it already has.

So the club is going to take a break.
    It could be temporary, permanent, or somewhere in between, but never the less a break. All events for the rest of the year (besides the Metro and Cape cons) have been canceled. Now, why have a club table at the cons when there?s no club you ask, well simply put, its because I?ve already committed us to them and they count on our participation and we have actually never landed a member from these con tables, so it cant hurt, lol. And I don?t expect anyone to help, I?ll take care of the table, just come to have fun.
    Besides the canceled events there won?t be a lot changed right now. Were paid up for a year on the website and I have no intention of closing our forums, I know I?ll still read and post on them regularly. Who knows, maybe our club will have phoenix like abilities and rise from the ashes one day. I truly hope it does.
    I really hope that I see some of you at the Metro con this weekend, its always a good time and I know this year will be no different. And the same goes for the Cape con. Its important for us to support our local cons as fans, it sucks not having them around.

Please don?t think that this is meant to be some dramatic exit symphothy ploy or a ruse to try to get a whole bunch of people to disagree and say were gonna be at the next event! Nor is this some angry rant because I?m mad only 4 members showed up to a meeting. Its not, really, I?m just saying what a lot of us are thinking and

2. TK8049

TK8049 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2006
    I can't get on the boards cause it takes too long too load now. I liked the old boards better.

3. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    wow, I guess that bout sums it all up

4. ice1138

ice1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 15, 2005
    It's been a fun ride, but I hope this isn't where it lets off.

5. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Hate to hear it but I understand it. I'm told the Louisville group has gone through several versions as well and was inactive for a while.

I can say you all had a positive impact on my life. It was just a few years ago I met you at MetroCon (Metropolis? Home of Superman? Plus Star Wars and Peter Mayhew? I must go!) and you were the nicest bunch of people and just so welcoming of a stranger I had to join Fan Force to meet more people like you. Since then I've also joined the Rebel Legion since I didn't have a 501st costume at the time (still working on that) and have met even more great people and done things I never would have thought I'd do. Who knows what other ripples through the force you'll have through me.

I'll still be lurking here, you won't be rid of me so easily.

See you all at MetroCon this weekend!

6. TheSimi

TheSimi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2008
    Wow, I go to my folks for a couple days and miss everything. By the time I read this the post was 2 days old. I really thought there would have been more comments by then, but I guess it proves the point that as of right now everyone does have other things that are taking up their time and energy. Totally understandable, it happens. Hopefully, after a little time to step back and get lives and such back in order we can pick up again refreshed and revived. I know I'll be thinking about new fun ideas for us until then and hope others will too so that if we can get this train back on track in the future we will all have some great new things to contribute. I will still be haunting here just as I always have even though I don't post often. I will not be looking for a new group to join lol. Don't have anything of 501st or Legion quality and otherwise..... well ya know. I love all of you guys and count you as some of my dearest friends. I probably won't make it to Metro this year due to work and Cape is iffy for the same reason, but I will see several of you in May at Motor City for a good time and to support Wil and Chad and their fantastic art.

And PV, don't forget that price list for myself and Mara. K? Thnx

7. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Like any group disbanning, This makes me very sad.
    Good luck all.

8. TK-1945

TK-1945 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2007
    My group (the former E'ville jedi) has gone through something similar. My hope is that the TV show will generate interest and revive the clubs.

9. SithMonger

SithMonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    Followed by the last Sithmonger post EVER (again, not really, no matter how much you wish it!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQfBGrfIaMc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.