main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards The late-2002/early-2003 Fanfiction Awards Ceremony --- Discussion in progress.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Amidala_Skywalker, May 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inez_the_swampgirl

inez_the_swampgirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    It's been great! Congrats to all!

*yawn* It's 3:30 here. Night!

inez

2. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    This award was given to Knight-Ander, for his dedication to the fanfiction section of the JC, for his warm personality, and for the time and effort and how he was only somewhat defeatist ;) he devoted to the awards nomination, voting, and ceremony threads. Knight-Ander, you are eternally appreciated by those around you. You are also a great contributor to the community, and I think I speak for everyone when I say, we?re proud to have you. Thank you.

This award was given to TheFallen for her dedication to the fanfiction section of the JC, for her warm (and nutso) personality, and for the time and effort and sleep deprivation she devoted to the awards nomination, voting, and ceremony threads. TheFallen, you are eternally appreciated by those around you. You are also a great contributor to the community, and I think I speak for everyone when I say, we?re proud to have you. Thank you.

3. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Night, all! :)

*seconds oba's awards* :D

*hands out even more M&M's to departing guests* :D

4. crystalrain

crystalrain Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Night, everyone! Actually, it's mormning here, but...

5. DarthSnuggles1121

DarthSnuggles1121 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    *wanders in, this time in her PJs*

Congratulations to all the winners I missed! :)

Oooh! Beru won! YIPEE!! *sends mental hugs to Sache*

Whoa, Dream got second place? :eek: And look at those paragraphs! :eek: :eek: :eek: Those are so sweet! [face_blush] It's a bit late for this now, but thanks to whoever voted for me!

*sends Am many boxes of chocolates* Great job, Am! Thanks for giving us such a fun time! :)

6. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    *comes back in*

Wow! Congrats to all those that won! Like I said, you people are amazing! :)

And Am, you especially are totally awesome! I can't believe that you were able to do all of this! This is totally something to be proud of! *hugs*

*sends am a bouquet of chocolate roses and RDA just so Am can actually relax*

;)

AQ

7. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    Congrats to everyone. :)

8. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    *strolls into thread with lots of coffee for late-night partiers.*

Good morning all. How late did this thing last?

~Rogue

9. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    Congratulations to ALL the winners!!!!

And Dantana...I LOVE ALL your stories!!!!!!

10. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Congratulations Everyone!!

It was a great first experience for me. Hope it won't be my last. ;)

Well, off to write some more. Thanks again for including me, it was an honour to be among such elite people!! :D

11. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Guess this is what they mean when they say, "The party's over", huh. Nothing left but mountains of confetti, sticky tables, and cases and cases of empty bottles.

And here am I - late, as usual (I'll explain why shortly) - with a hastily drafted acceptance speech. I want to thank all the little people - oh, wait! :D Here, we're all little people - and the BIG people probably have no idea where we are or what we do - but maybe it's a bit sweeter for that very reason. For all that is done here, is done for love - not money - meaning the end product is just a bit purer, a bit nobler - a bit better? Well - maybe that's a stretch, although I do firmly believe that some of the work by some of the writers on these boards is every bit as good - and maybe better - than the stuff turned out by the pros. So let me first offer MY congratulations to all the other winners in this ceremony; the work submitted for scrutiny by the readers was just incredibly good - and you are all winners.

Now - I want to admit up front that I know that every winner of every award in history claimed, during his or her acceptance speech, to have been unprepared to win - to be surprised and delighted. Well, add me to that list - but my feelings this AM go way beyond surprised and delighted. I am totally stunned - and I'll tell you why. (Hey, if you know my work, you ought to know I never miss a chance to expound - on anything. [face_mischief] ) No one is ever going to accuse me of writing 'feel-good' prose; I write dark, sometimes morbid, often distressing, and ultimately depressing fiction - and I like to ask thorny questions. I like to push my readers - and I even enjoy it when some of them push back. But being a completely opinionated, confrontational antagonistic author does not usually make for a 'comfortable' read.

So, when I was nominated, I was pleasantly surprised - and grateful for those among my readers who went to the trouble to actually submit my name - but I really thought that was the end of it. To say that I am now overwhelmed is the understatement of the century.

I am thrilled - and humbled - and inspired to strive to be better with each word written. You guys are just the best.

And, Am - Girl, you pulled it off with style and grace. Now go get a well-deserved rest.

CYN

12. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    congrats to all the winners and especially AM :D it makes my head hurt just to thik how much work you had to do! :p

~TJF

13. Arwyn_Whitesun

Arwyn_Whitesun Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2002
    Hello! :) I'm sorry I was unable to attend the awards ceremony last night. I truly mean it when I say it was a honor just to have been nominated and I really did not expect to win anything.

I'm not very good at speeches and tend to rather hide in a corner than be in the spotlight, so I'll just say thanks so much to all of you; those of you who voted, those of you who have been such great readers and have supported my humble fics and to those of you who took, I'm sure, a lot of time from Darth Real Life to pull all this altogther. My hats off to all of you. :)

Oh, and I would like to thank my Muse who, although she can be quite moody and uncooperative at times, was the one who helped me to sit down and write my stories.

Again, thank you, thank you, thank you. :)

May the Force be with you all! [face_love]

Arwyn Whitesun

14. Ornen

Ornen Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2003
    *walks in, 'fashionably' late*

A wizard never arrives late, he arrives exactly when he means to. (or something like that) Unfortunatly, I'm not a wizard. [face_plain]

15. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Staggers in with hangover...

I have to say that was a WONDERFUL job, Amsie!

Congrats to all the winners

Hey, so Empress...when do we start the Summer Fanfic awards?

Eeeep! LP ducks and runs....

16. The_Standmaiden

The_Standmaiden Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 28, 2002
    I tried to stay up . . . but I just couldn't do it! :p

Congratualtions to everyone who was nominated, and all the winners and runners-up! :D

17. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
    Good morning everyone. I just want to congratulate everyone who won after I was kicked off the computer (lol).

18. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Sorry I didn't make the ceremony, it was 3AM our time, nobody knows who I am anyway. :p

Congrats to all the winners, some of whom I have heard of / have 'met', some I haven't. Well done all of ya! :D

And Amidala_Skywalker (or Am, Amsié, whatever) - I've just read through all 42 pages of this and you did a great job.

Nemesis :)

19. Jedi-Jae

Jedi-Jae Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2001
    A belated congrats to everyone - I was kicked off the computer by a power outage last night, so had to wait until now to see the results.

A special congrats to Cyn, Tim, and Emmy - your hard work and love for writing certainly shone through. :)

20. Sock_of_Darth_Vader

Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2002
    Congratulates to all the winners, and to Amsié[<--I can do e fada now!!] for organizing all this. It's some thread. Kinda glad I missed it :D

21. PadmeSolo

PadmeSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    Congrats to all that won after I left!! :D

_PSK_

*yawns* Morning now...

22. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Wow, it's up! I slept through it.. darn... but CONGRATS TO ALL THE AUTHORS WHO WON!!! YER ALL SPECTACULAR WRITERS, SO EVEN IF YOU DIDN'T WON, JUST KNOW THAT IT TAKES A LOT JUST TO GET NOMINATED!!!

23. Jaina_Fel_06

Jaina_Fel_06 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2002
    I'm back, after being kicked off the computer. :p

Congrats to all the nominees, placers, runners-up, and winners!!!!! You guys did great!!!! :D

Am, I just wanted to say you did a tremendous job here. It tkaes a lot to get this thing organized, and you should be commended for the excellent job you've done. Thank you!!!!!! :)

24. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Awww. * Strangle hugs oba * :D [face_love]

tf

25. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Ditto :p

Thanks oba. :D

And, Cyn, who you calling little. :p

[face_laugh] SoDV.