main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Latest Fashion -- It's Pink!!! -- Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, one-shot

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ardavenport, Apr 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Title: The Latest Fashion
    Author: ardavenport
    Timeframe: pre-Episode I, pre-TPM
    Genre: drama, humor
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon Jinn
    Keywords Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, pink
    Summary: Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan negotiate a planetary dispute.
    Notes: This is a response to the recent rash of pinkness in the FanFiction Resources Forum. Typo is my middle name, with missing words and errors that spell checkers don?t catch being my speciality ? if you see any, just post a reply or send a PM with the what and where and I will kill them with no mercy.
    Disclaimer: All characters belong to George and Lucasfilm; I?m just playing in their sandbox

All heads in the room turned when the great golden door opened. The galleries murmured with questions and then awe. The media holo-bots buzzed and bumped each other for the best view.

"Monarch, please! We agreed that you should be sequestered from these negotiations," Captain L'mos exclaimed in shock, jumping up from her seat. Everyone else in the room stood as well, except for Qui-Gon Jinn, seated in the ornate Arbiter's chair, above the proceedings.

"Monarch-Presumptive!" Secretary Abora bellowed.

Surid Meezim swung the edge of his rich maroon cape back over his shoulder and stepped into the lighted negotiation arena. He posed for the appreciative crowds, rows and rows of seated shapes in the shadows that surrounded the negotiators.

"I've been rethinking that, Captain, and I've concluded that earlier decision was misguided, though well meaning." He nodded toward the negotiation table. "These talks concern myself and the future of this colony. I should be present, even if I am barred from participating."

He was a superb specimen of young Humanoid adulthood. Tall, broad shouldered, dark golden skin, tousled blond hair and well-muscled under a superbly tailored blue body suit that heightened the beauty of his physique. But even more striking was the woman behind him.

A new murmur of 'oooohs' rose up from the crowds. She was a queenly match to Meezim's splendor. Nearly his height, with a broad curvy body clad in her own body suit that beautifully matched Meezim's wardrobe. Her skin was a bright, intense shade of pink, her hair an even brighter shade of pink that practically glowed in the auditorum's lights. She flashed them all a radiant smile.

The holo-bots, above the invisible screen that held them at bay, buzzed up and down the length of the arena. The Blazok System League negotiators looked stunned. The Opinoh Colony negotiators looked shocked. Obi-Wan Kenobi, seated exactly halfway between the two groups, cringed. Qui-Gon Jinn, on the Arbiter's platform, remained expressionless.

Meezim signaled for chairs and an aide hastily complied.

"This is my Consort-presumptive, Avasr Vara," he introduced the woman with him, adding the qualifier for the sake of the Blazok System League delegates. The chairs were placed apart from the negotiating table, on the upper level of the arena a few steps above the negotiation table. Both sat down with flourishes, smiling benevolently at the negotiators and then at Qui-Gon, sitting on the upper level opposite them. Most of the holo-bots settled into a cluster around the couple. A few strays panned the crowds and the negotiation arena for reaction shots.

"This. . . .this. . . ." Abora sputtered, clearly not sure what 'this' really was. He and his associates looked from the couple to the Arbiter, and back.

L'Mos aggressively whispered to her negotiator-second, Timmi, a middle aged man of round body and features and thinning black hair. Timmi seemed to be the only person at the table who was not upset. Kenobi's blue-gray eyes focused on him suspiciously.

"I'm sorry, Monarch-Presumptive, but you cannot stay," L'Mos spoke up. "We must - - "

"I insist that he stay!" Abora commanded, his chiseled, tan features stern. "Monarch-Presumptive Surid, it is a pleasure to finally meet you. And your lovely consort,

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Funny like your other stories and no doubt inspired by that Barbies from april fools day.
    Qui-Gon in pink [face_laugh][face_laugh]

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] That was great!! I can so see Qui-Gon being pink with magenta hair!

Lovely viggie!

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    "She did say something about a decoy," Qui-Gon said casually. He continued to watch her as she introduced herself to the delegates. Kenobi bowed to her. The holo-bots clustered above the group. "I would expect your Monarch-Presumptive to be perhaps a bit smarter than you were planning. As well as his consort, who is now conveniently available to present the Monarch-Presumptive's real interests in this appointment."

"She seems to have used you rather effectively," Timmi noted, but he looked on with concern as Vara seemed to easily charm the people around her. Even Kenobi laughed at a shared joke.

"She has proven to be. . . . versatile," Qui-Gon admitted. "And she has taken to her new coloring quite well. She may even choose to keep it. Should it wear off." The Jedi's dark blue eyes looked toward Timmi for the first time.

The stout negotiator-second smirked. "After several days it starts to fade on it's own. A medical droid can reverse it rather quickly, but you might reconsider that, Arbiter Jinn." Timmi looked down at the man next to him. "You look good in pink."

"Perhaps you should consider it as well. If she becomes your Monarch-Consort," the Jedi replied, gesturing toward Vara and the negotiators clustered around her with one bright pink hand. "This may become the next fashion."

I think I'd rather like Qui-Gon in shades of pink and magenta! :D

=D=

5. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    I don't see what the big deal about pink is. :p In fact, I think you should write a sequel where pink does indeed become the fashion!

I have to say, Qui-Gon wears it well. [face_laugh]

6. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004
    earlybird-obi-wan: Yes, it was those Barbies that inspired this. Everything was so pink. It just sorta rubbed off on Qui-Gon. :p Thanks for reading!

Healer_Leona: Thank-you! :)

VaderLVR64: Thanks! That pink and magenta would really set off his eyes. :)

JadeSolo: Thanks for the reply! Pink indeed may become the fashion, but not, I think, for Jedi. It would clash terribly with Yoda's complexion. :p

7. ClaudiaR

ClaudiaR Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 8, 2007
    The mental picture that It presented me is enough to cheer me up
    from this morning's disastrous exams!

Thank you very much for that!!!

8. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004
    And a very belated thank-you for your reply, too. I hope all your exams are better now.

9. Master_Tigris_Leigh

Master_Tigris_Leigh Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2004
    I love pink.[face_love] And I love this story! Thanks for sharing!

10. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

That was wonderful!!

And I love Qui-Gon joining in on the pink fun.

Great job on this

=D= =D= =D= =D=

11. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004
    Master_Tigris_Leigh: I'm actually not a big fan of pink, not my color. But Qui-Gon might look nice in it. Thanks for the reply! :)

KELIA: Thank-you! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.