main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by TheManinBlack, Oct 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fisto_Hero

Fisto_Hero Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 14, 2008
    TheManinBlack Approved
    Name: Roland
    Alias (???): Orlando
    Appearance: Medieval warrior with long dark hair. 7'8, 374 lbs, and very muscular.
    Powers/Skills: Powerful, skilled warrior, resistance, and quick.
    Best Skill/ Power: His power.
    Gadgets: Durendal(sword) and shield. His armor and olifant.
    Weaknesses: Slow runner and stubborness.
    Personality: Strong willed and strong sense of justice. Stern, silent, and diplomatic.
    Bio/Background: The Song of Roland
    Orlando

2. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Ichabod and Washington
    Nearing the cemetery...

The group approached the grounds of the cemetery and Ichabod could see the tombstones come into view. He was sitting atop his horse, Washington, with his bags and the new found shovel strapped to the back of the saddle.

Washington slowed as he too saw the graveyard.

Ichabod patted him on his thick neck and said, "It's okay, boy. It's okay. We've got friends with us this time. We're not alone." Ichabod turned to look at the others around him.

(ooc: is this during the day, or at night?)

TAG: Graveyard team...

3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    IC: Faust
    Just Entering the Town of Arkham

Faust tugged at the jacket Mephistopheles had given him that very day. It seemed like it had gotten colder, actual temperature difference (If there even was one) be damned. "Reminds me of Germany..." he remarked with a bit of sarcasm, patting at the spot where he had placed the pistol from Harker, as if to reassure himself that it was, in fact, there. In the end he had passed up the rifle from Sherlock, not trusting his ability to handle the device, and thinking it best not to draw too mention attention to himself. As it was he was not terribly thrilled about having to carry a weapon at all. Faust had only killed one man in his long life, and to say he was keen on keeping it that way would have been an understatement.

[hr]
    [i]"You... how could you just leave her to die like that?" Gretchen's brother seemed nearly ready to tear the doctor limb from limb.
    "I didn't want to! By the time I found out she was... It was too late for me to stop them!" Faust barked back, wishing the conversation would just end. Now.
    "So, what, you just leave her pregnant, with twins no less? And then stand by as she kills one and the authorities have to stop her before she kills the next? Then you let her die as well? You're a monster! Damn you to hell!"
    [b]"You know nothing of hell!"[/b] Faust roared. "I loved her! As if I would honestly wish for that to..."
    "Shut up and die!" the other man drew his pistol.

A gunshot rang out. Faust stood, trembling, as he dropped his own gun to the ground. His brother-in-law crumpled in a heap.[/i]

[hr]
    Another bad memory. Why was it, Faust wondered, that the further in time he moved the more his mind wanted to regress to the events of the past?

"So, Herr Carter, any ideas on where we should start looking?" he asked, not stopping his horse.

[b]TAG: Randolf Carter and the Carter Group[/b]

4. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    OOC: Errr...MiB...Crane is in MINA's GROUP, as is VanHelsing, who you forgot....

Mina Harker
    Approaching Arkham Cemetery

As Mina took ahold of the book Carter told her, "Mina, that contains the entire history since its founding almost two thousand years ago, I suggest you take care of it. Much care. One doesn't know when knowledge of the past can come in handy." Carter smiled wearily, tipping his hat to the woman.

Mina glanced at the book and raised an eye brow. With Carters words, it seemed to grow heavy. Definitely not for one's light reading pleasures. Mina made sure to place it VERY securely within the folds of her dress. She turned as she heard Carter speak to his team.

"Come Sherlock, Watson, Faust. We have do not have much time to sit around and do nothing." Carter said with an odd amount of authority, as the three packed up and followed him.

With a shake of her head, Mina turned, and walked towards the wagons. Hyde, Tarzan, Grey, Cassidy, Crane VanHelsing and Frankenstein following behind her on their own mounts. Dorian swallowed thickly as he walked to the cab and looked around. Than his eyes glanced at the book. "Well we better get on the move." Dorian said as he hopped in.

Van Helsing walked towards the wagon as well. He picked up a tube of liquid and handed it Dorian as he stepped inside. "Once you pour all of this on yourself you will stay on fire for hours. The only way that will put you out is if your entire body is doused in water or if I pour the remains of this tube on you." Van Helsing tapped the tube before pushing it into his pocket.

"Are you ready Mina?" Van Helsing asked quietly as he passed Mina. She turned and looked towards him, and gave a soft laugh. "Ready? As opposed to what? Are we every truly ready?" She smiled again, and smoothed out her dress.

"Let's go!" Mina called out as she hopped in. They quickly left the town behind. Mina stopped only for a brief moment, and was ready once more, with a worn case with her. It was a VERY quiet ride towards the cemetery. As they could just barely see the cemetery in the distance, Tarzan spoke up.

"And what exactly is our plan again?" Tarzan said with a sigh they closed in on the cemetery grounds. The air around the area was thick and foggy, and even the trees here looked strained. Mina had the wagon slowed, and spoke softy.

"We are to deal with what has been...left behind. We use whatever is necessary. Thanks to Cassidy, we have some handy Molotive cocktails, if necessary. But I rather try to see what bullets, and our other talents can do. Since they are supposed to be rather mindless, if we can heard them into one big group, and take them all out...it would be helpful. That is, unless you have another idea, hunter." Mina said to Tarzan.

Mina raised her hands, and called out to her bats once more. She sent them out, having them search the woods, to see where these mindless undead were...and anything ELSE that might have gotten left behind.

"If all else fails, we torch it ALL...unless someone has a problem with that." Mina finished, as she reached into her own case, and began to mix a few chemicals.

TAG: Graveyard Team: Hyde, Tarzan, Grey, Cassidy, Crane, VanHelsing and Frankenstein

(ooc: is this during the day, or at night?)
    Good question. Im guessing Night, since we got into town, and were looking for room for the evening, when all this fun started.

5. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    OOC: Hello?

6. TheManinBlack

TheManinBlack Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2007
    OOC: Sorry for the long delay in posting, Christmas is a weird time of year. I'd find enough free time on vacation to post (would have been rude to do anything but say anything more than like I did on my labtop), but now that I've headed back to the dorms I nothing but free time. will have a post up by tonight, and once agian sorry for the past two delays.

7. TheManinBlack

Aug 1, 2007
    IC: Tarzan
    Arkham Cemetery

Tarzan laughed heartily at the suggestion, and offered a wicked smile. He got off the Horse was sitting on began walking into the woods. That was the first smart idea he heard idea he heard all day.

"If you excuse me, I'm going to gather some kindling wood. I'd prefer the dangerous and violent way, then the suicidal one." Tarzan chuckled out.

As he entered the woods next to the graveyard, Tarzan shuddered for the first time in his adult life. He remembered long ago, on a night very much when his mother and the rest of the apes crowed by a large pond. There had been a long drought the proceeding months, and a large body of water was a comforting sight to them all. However, when the mighty sun fell, the mood changed. Though they wanted to stay by and protect the pond, the air was like knives pressing up agianst there skin. Eventually they had to give up the ghost. As Tarzan gathered up branches he couldn't but wonder why he felt this way now...

IC: Dr. West
    Arkham Cemetery

The Doctor sneered at his werewolf compainion and turned to the moon, already seeing a very unhappy sight. The rest of the Cult was coming, and they where going to be none to happy. A frown touched his thin face, making it look even more like a skull like grin, as he saw Mor's ship in the distance.

The thing looked almost like a gallon, the old man of war ships the Spanish commissioned and was in fact based on that desgin. But it was NOT what come into anyone's mind at first. At first one's mind would wander to the idea of a bird looks like, as multiple giant mechanical clockwork wings where stabled on each side. It looked like a monstrous bird only the insane would think of.

Worse yet he head the Prince was on there.

IC: Randolf Carter
    Arkham

Carter merely turned to his companions and smiled widely.

"Why to my house of course!" The scholar said with a sheepish tone of glee "I need to look over the old town's maps, to determine where the old fart if after all."

As they headed through the streets, Carter smiled widely, and turned to them. He had always wanted to share this with someone and they where the only ones whom he could. M16 would kill him if it was anyone else after all. Not that after this debacle they might not anyways...

"Before we head on....would you like to know how the team got started?" Carter asked slyly.

TAG: ALL!!!

8. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Arkham

"How the... team got [i]started[/i]...?" Faust repeated, eyeing Carter with a slight bit of disbelief. It had never really occurred to the doctor before, but M had, in fact, mentioned a previous team. Was Carter referring to them, or...

[i]Just how far back does this "League" date..?[/i] he wondered to himself. He once again patted on the pistol, as was slowly becoming his habit. [i]And why does he bring it up [b]now[/b]?[/i]

In truth, Faust was slightly uncomfortable with thinking about the League's beginning. As he had read somewhere (Or at least thought he had read somewhere) everything which had a beginning also had an end. This was true for himself, the others, Dr. Allen, the Earth, the Sun, even... the universe. Now [i]there[/i] was a chilling thought. And who was to say tonight would not see the end of the League? Who was to say tonight would not see the end of [i]him[/i]?

He snapped back out of his haze, his mind obviously wandering yet again. Perhaps the chill was getting to him...? He tightened the coat around his torso.

"Very well, Herr Carter..." he finally replied, glancing around the dark, empty streets. "Why don't you shed some light on the situation?"

[b]TAG: The Carter Team[/b]

9. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Mina Harker
    Arkham Cemetery

"And what exactly is our plan again?" Tarzan said with a sigh they closed in on the cemetery grounds. The air around the area was thick and foggy, and even the trees here looked strained. Mina had the wagon slowed, and spoke softy.

"We are to deal with what has been...left behind. We use whatever is necessary. Thanks to Cassidy, we have some handy Molotive cocktails, if necessary. But I rather try to see what bullets, and our other talents can do. Since they are supposed to be rather mindless, if we can heard them into one big group, and take them all out...it would be helpful. That is, unless you have another idea, hunter." Mina said to Tarzan.

Mina raised her hands, and called out to her bats once more. She sent them out, having them search the woods, to see where these mindless undead were...and anything ELSE that might have gotten left behind.

"If all else fails, we torch it ALL...unless someone has a problem with that." Mina finished, as she reached into her own case, and began to mix a few chemicals.

Tarzan laughed heartily at the suggestion, and offered a wicked smile. He got off the Horse was sitting on began walking into the woods. That was the first smart idea he heard idea he heard all day.

"If you excuse me, I'm going to gather some kindling wood. I'd prefer the dangerous and violent way, than the suicidal one." Tarzan chuckled out.

"Dont we all." she murmured softly. Mina called out softly towards Tarzan.."Dont go too far out."

Mina quickly finished mixing her chemicals. She look towards the others. "We better leave the horses here. I dont need them to panic, and run us over when this starts."

Mina quickly slipped down, grabbing her supplies. Most of the other team members had been oddly quiet. Then again, they were facing undead...something she had more experience in, that she would like to admit.

Mina turned to look at the others. Grab whatever weapon you want to use, and spread out abit. I want to keep everyone in sight, and get rid of these things.

TAG: Graveyard Team: Hyde, Tarzan, Grey, Cassidy, Crane, VanHelsing and Frankenstein

10. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Ichabod Crane

Spread out and leave the horses? Ichabod didn't think that was such a good idea. But, he wasn't leading this team, so...

"You stay here with the other horses and you'll be safe," Crane said, patting Washington on his long snout. He slid the rifle off of the back of the saddle and slung it over his shoulder. He also had the pistol at his side, but he decided to leave the shovel for now. He preferred to kill the zombies BEFORE they got close to him. If he had to, he'd come back for it.

He stepped through the cemetery as the team began spreading out. Crane's hands trembled a bit, but he managed to get it under control. A bead of sweat rolled down the side of his face. "Come out, zombies..." he swallowed hard, "so we can kill you."

TAG: cemetery group...

11. Ofi-wan

Ofi-wan Jedi Youngling

Nov 13, 2008
    IC
    Van Helsing smirked to himself he had dealt with zombies before but that didn?t exactly give him confidence. The most important thing was to be prepared. Which was exactly why he was loaded down with 3 pistols, a sword, 2 rifles, his crossbow and enough chemicals to blow up a small building. Helsing ran his fingers through his brown hair and sighed.

?Your gonna need more weapons than that Ichabod. These zombies are terrifying and do not falter the only thing to kill them is a blow to the head. I?d hate to see you run out of armor and get well to put it frankly zombified.? Helsing paused for a moment. ?These will put a little more weight on you but you?ll appreciate it in the long run.? Helsing proffered a pistol and rifle to Ichabod.
    Tag Ichabod

12. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Ichabod Crane

Ichabod looked at the pistol and rifle Van Helsing was giving him. Flinging the strap of his own rifle over his head, so that the rifle hung on his back, Ichabod reached for the two weapons Van Helsing offered. They looked and even felt different than guns he was used to. "Why, thank you, sir," Ichabod responded, examining the new weapons. "Knowing these guns came from a ...uh...hunter of the supernatural... it makes me feel a bit safer."

He smiled. "Thank you again, Mr. Helsing."

TAG: Van Helsing, any other cemetery peeps...

13. TheManinBlack

Aug 1, 2007
    OOC: Before anyone asks there will be an update, but it took me awhile with the new RP and of course the Obama anguragation. My brother was a Page for him, so I got to the main event itself and speak breifly to him, and attend one of the balls. Coolest man in the world.

14. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    OOC:

You actually met him? That must have been quite an experience.

15. TheManinBlack

Aug 1, 2007
    OOC: I shook his hand and spoke for him and spoke to him for only a minute. "Did you actually get to see the inguration itself" "Awakward pause...yes" "You must have stood out there forever" "Still to awe inspried to speak,... Y-Yeah" Still, it was weird as anything hearing the President go "And you must be [Pause...then...Insert Name Here]" without having to say it yourself. Once agian it was my brother who actually knew the guy, he was his page after all, and he could actually give you real stories about the guy. All he really did was hand him papers, get him coffee, and occasionaly get his butt handed to him by Obama in Basketball. But yes, that was a certainlyhighlight in my life. I almost didn't get to see the inaguration itself...no one but actual Staff went near him obviously, and the area for witch I got my Silver Ticket was full, and I had be sent somewhere else. And in that crowd it took like an hour and a half.

16. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    OOC: So... yeah... short, almost bump-like update...

Arkham

Faust covered his mouth and coughed slightly while he waited for Carter's reply. It was probably from either the cold or nervousness, he couldn't determine which.

[b]TAG:[/b] Carter Team

17. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Mina Harker
    Arkham Cemetery

Mina watched as Tarzan went to grab some wood. She nodded, and then gestured for the others to stay where they were.

"I want us to stay close to each other. Let's see if I can get some other eyes, to help us find these things, so they dont get the jump on us. I want to finish this, and rejoin the others."

She looked behind her. "I also dont want to leave the horses too far behind either..."

Mina concentrated, as she once more began to call the bats, to aid in finding these creatures. She looked over at VanHelsing.

"So hunter. Any other ideas, on dealing with these things? Zombies and reanimated corpses arent exactly my expertise. Or does, burn em all, work for you?" she asked with a grin, as she looked around the woods, her eyes sharp on the surrounding graves and tombs.

She had noticed Ichabod had gone quiet lately. She sighed. It could not be helped. Sooner or later, they all seem to change. But still....

She waited for both the bats, and Helsing's response.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.