main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by TheManinBlack, Oct 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheManinBlack

TheManinBlack Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2007
    IC: The Fat Inn Keep
    Kingsport Inn

"Indeed sir, I am not in the least interested in whatever such things. I simply wish to garner a room for myself, and a patient of mine." Mina smiled brightly. "That, and to find out where I may be able to purchase a meal, before I retire." she added. She ignored Crane, and made as if she was not with him for the moment.. "OH..." she paused, and then added."Do you happen to have a barn or stable, or know of where one might be located?" she asked, smiling sweetly, as she reached for her purse. "A weeks stay, How much might that be?" she asked, trying to keep the man in good cheer.

?Oh?.ummm, I?d say around $9 dollars for the both of you. This is a very fine establishment after all. Also my brother has the best fish in town, he owns Blue?s Fish and Steak, near the right side of the town in the middle of the markets.? The fat man said with a wild smile.

?Wait, is what he got contagious?? The old crone moaned out. She limbed forward to attempt to get a better look at the towering monstrosity, as the fat man shot out an arm to catch her.

?Fool, we can always burn the sheets?I mean?.?The Fat Man tried to whisper, and then stopped when it was clear everyone in the room could hear.

"OH..." Mina paused, and then added. "Do you happen to have a barn or stable, or know of where one might be located?" she asked, smiling sweetly, as she reached for her purse. "A weeks stay, How much might that be?" she asked, trying to keep the man in good cheer. And hopefully, her actions, along with the fact that she was pulling out her purse, would put the man in a good mood indeed.

?Yes, we do. It at the far left of town there is a small stable there, that my mother and I own. One of the many services we would provide is a free stay at the stable for your horse. Let me go get it for you madam.? The Fat man said while trying on a smile to cover his blushing face.

IC: Randolph Carter

As he and the old women practically ran out of the door, Mina turned to Randolph Carter, studying him.

"So, you are doing research, I take it? It sounds quite fascinating. Is it for Academia, or for your own branch of study... that is, if you don?t mind me asking?" she added, with a slight pause, as she studied the man briefly.

With that Carter began to lean out the door, his face darting to all sides, making sure there where no approaching ears that came from town. he then faced Mina once agian.

?I?m a student of antiquary and philology, and it isn?t for a paper madam. It?s more important then that, and if that fat ass knew what I was here for then I would have killed as soon as a stopped talking to him. Even if he wasn?t working for the Cult?which he probably is.? Carter said in a desperate tone.

?What I doing is on behalf of my school Miskatonic University and the American Anthropology Association. No, its for the sake of the world itself. If I don?t find Doolittle and the passages of the Necronomicon and Unaussprechlichen Kulten that we lent out to Doolittle?there could be dire consequences. So please tell me if you?ve seen this man.? Cater said while holding a picture of the plump pleasant looking man.

"For the love of God, tell me."

Tag: Mina, Crane, Sherlock, Faust, Frankenstein

IC: Tarzan

Kingsport Pub

Cassidy was blunt to say the least, but he had a good eye. A damn, good eye. As their eyes pierced the small slim man, with dirty blonde hair, he looked up at them, and his body twitched even more and he began to sweat. He even fell out of his stool.

?I-I don?t th-think anyone here he-heard of that man right guys.? He said with a nervous thin laugh. He then looked at the two of them again, when back to the counter, and took a sig of his drink.

?None of us had?? The blonde man began, as he rose out of his chair as raced for the door. Tarzan turned to grab the man, when an extremely well

2. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Ichabod Crane

Ichabod jumped when the large man pointed a finger at him. *gulp* Ichabod began to sweat. Did he say something wrong?

When things started to quiet down, Mina asked for a room for her and the monster. But she seemed to ignore him. Maybe he did do something wrong. He glanced back toward the door, thinking back on everything that had happened up until this point. His "clumsy" side may have come out somewhere along the line...and he didn't even realize it.

Oh well...

Mina asked for the room and then began talking to the purple-clad fellow. So Ichabod stepped up to the desk, being mindful of the fat man. "I, uh, would like a room as well, my good man."

He noticed the young purple man whispering to Mina. Ichabod was looking at the man behind the desk but was more tuned in to the whispering going on. He could have sworn the purple man said the name "Dolittle", but it was tough to make out. He'd have to ask Mina about it later.

TAG: Mina, Frankenstein, the GM's characters...

3. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Mina Harker
    Kingsport Inn

"Indeed sir, I am not in the least interested in whatever such things. I simply wish to garner a room for myself, and a patient of mine." Mina smiled brightly. "That, and to find out where I may be able to purchase a meal, before I retire." she added.

"Oh, ... ummm, I' say around $9 dollars for the both of you. This is a very fine establishment after all. Also my brother has the best fish in town, he owns Blue's Fish and Steak, near the right side of the town in the middle of the markets." The fat man said with a wild smile.

Mina nodded. "Excellent." she stated, as she was careful not to show her money within her purse, but to pull out only what she needed. Nine dollars for a weeks stay seemed reasonable, as long as the room was solid. As she did, she heard the old woman call out.

"Wait, is what he got contagious?" The old crone moaned out. She limbed forward to attempt to get a better look at the towering monstrosity, as the fat man shot out an arm to catch her. "Fool, we can always burn the sheets "I mean..." The Fat Man tried to whisper, and then stopped.

Mina sighed. "Of course not. Or I would not be with him." "OH..." Mina paused, and then added. "Do you happen to have a barn or stable, or know of where one might be located?" she asked, smiling sweetly.

On her question of about a barn, there was also a good note. "Yes, we do. It at the far left of town there is a small stable there, that my mother and I own. One of the many services we would provide is a free stay at the stable for your horse. Let me go get it for you madam." The Fat man said while trying on a smile to cover his blushing face. He rushed out the door so fast, she didnt have a chance to tell them it was not for her horse. Oh well, they would find out soon enough.

As he and the old women practically ran out of the door, Mina turned to Randolph Carter, studying him. "So, you are doing research, I take it? It sounds quite fascinating. Is it for Academia, or for your own branch of study... that is, if you don't mind me asking?" she added, with a slight pause, as she studied the man briefly.

With that Carter began to lean out the door, his face darting to all sides, making sure there where no approaching ears that came from town. A was most definitely cautious. He then faced Mina once again.

"I'm a student of antiquary and philology, and it isn't for a paper madam. It's more important then that, and if that fat ass knew what I was here for then I would have killed as soon as a stopped talking to him. Even if he wasn't working for the Cult, which he probably is." Carter said in a desperate tone.

"What I doing is on behalf of my school Miskatonic University and the American Anthropology Association. No, its for the sake of the world itself. If I don't find Doolittle and the passages of the Necronomicon and Unaussprechlichen Kulten that we lent out to Doolittle's there could be dire consequences. So please tell me if you've seen this man." Cater said while holding a picture of the plump pleasant looking man. Mina scanned the picture carefully. Surely such a pleasant looking man would stand out around this place. She would imagine if he was studying such dark effects, that he would no longer look the same. Mater of fact, why would a man, who cold speak with animals, want with such terrible passages. She looked back at the mans face, as he looked at her desperately.

"For the love of God, tell me."

Mina didnt respond at first, and gave a quick nod towards Ichabod. "Sir, I suggest you go outside, before the Innkeeper tries to drag off your poor horse, thinking it to be mine." She smiled. "He did appear a bit overenthusiastic, didnt he? You might wish to check out those...stables." Mina's eyes twinkled, as she spoke. She also wished to hear more of what this man claimed to know. Mina then turned her attention back to the man in front of her.

Mina carefully shook her head. "No. I can truthfully say, that I have not seen such a man in this p

4. PTMurphy84

PTMurphy84 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 12, 2008
    IC: Lone Ranger, Kingsport Pub.

*To say things had deteriorated in a hurry would have been the understatement of that decade. Tarzan had attempted to question the impish blonde man that knew more than he tried to hide, only to be sucker punched by some ogre with a bad disposition.
    Then of course since goons like he did not travel alone, three of his friends had stood up at various positions around the pub, two in a corner that were faking a game of seven card stud, the other at the back that did a good enough job of pretending to be a depressed loner that he even fooled Cassidys' exceptional senses.

And again, Cassidy's experiences concerning dealing with thugs goons mercenaries and other hired guns told him that one of them would make some sort of threat. His experience did not disappoint. One of the two "poker-players" had been sporting a revolver, and apparently the badly made peashooter gave him cause to inject some steel into his voice.*

?Doolittle fell of the face of the Earth. You best tell that to whoever sent you and leave. That or Dr. Allen will have to deal with you.?

*Typical. Generally menacing, vague, enough to dissuade the average local buffoonery of law enforcement from acting out. However, the two of them were no local corrupt coppers, plus they didn't bring enough backup to handle even one of them solo, much less the pairing.
    The only warning they ever received was Tarzan's matter-of-fact statement*

?Forget about the blonde man. We got enough people here to tell us.?

*Cassidy had been in mid sip of his double whiskey when Tarzan started his statement. By the time he ended it and leaped upon the clod who had sucker punched him earlier (and received a forceful kick in kind for it), Cassidy simply put his glass down and muttered*
    "Sure do."

*A fraction of a second after Tarzan had lept upon the downed thug, Cassidy forcefully pushed and kicked off of the bar, propelling him backwards quickly. With a slight shrug he swung the short double barreled shotgun that he had earlier slung discreetly onto his back and hid with his duster to his hip, aiming it at the two in the corner with one revolver between them.
    While still in mid-air, he cocked both hammers and pulled both triggers in rapid succession. The 10 gauge shotgun had been loaded with heavy buckshot, and with its shortened barrels the slugs spread out rapidly, taking both thugs down before a shot could be gotten off.

Despite the ease of his first maneuver, Cassidy had misjudged his landing point. Instead of going right to the floor, he crashed through a chair before landing. Gritting his teeth in a little pain and more embarrassment, he never slowed his motions in the slightest. With the guy at the back of the bar charging and his shotgun empty, Cassidy went to the pistol that was exposed at his side.

With their large 7 round cylinders and beefy over sized frames, his custom revolvers looked more like miniature cannons rather than handguns. Even though they slightly outweighed most of the more popular revolvers produced at the time, it was a small price to pay for the increases in accuracy firepower and ruggedness that they gave to Cassidy. At any rate, his inherent strength negated any extra burden the pistols would have presented to a normal person.

The thug was in mid charge when the report of a .45 Long Colt pistol round being fired reverberated in the dimply lit space, a sound that had become respected and much feared the world over. The shots ringing echos had not even fully faded when the charging thug dropped and clutched at his ankle, screaming that he was going to die despite the fact that Cassidy's shot had missed all major blood vessels.

Scrambling back to his feet, Cassidy swung the revolver in his hand and pointed it in the direction of the two thugs in the corner. Neither of them had moved yet but that was no reason to assume anything. With his free hand he drew his other revolver and pointed it at the downed thug. Pulling back bot

5. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002

While Ichabod Crane stood at the desk, asking for a room, he noticed Mina glance at him. He smiled. Mina said to him, "Sir, I suggest you go outside, before the Innkeeper tries to drag off your poor horse, thinking it to be mine. He did appear a bit overenthusiastic, didnt he? You might wish to check out those...stables." Her eyes twinkled as she spoke.

Ichabod gasped as he looked at the door. "Pardon me a moment," he said to the man behind the desk. "Washington!" he exclaimed as he rushed past the others. Ichabod threw the doors open and hurriedly made his way outside to where he left his horse tied up.

TAG: Our GM, Mina, Frankenstein...

6. ActRaiser

ActRaiser Jedi Master star 1

May 11, 2008
    Frankenstein looked interested."May I go with you, Mr. Crane. I think it would be in our interest to keep everyone alive as long as we are in this strange place. This area even frightens me terribly."

Tag: Ichabod.

7. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002

As he ran past the others, Frankenstein said, "May I go with you, Mr. Crane. I think it would be in our interest to keep everyone alive as long as we are in this strange place. This area even frightens me terribly."

Ichabod skidded to a halt. "Yes, yes. Come along," he responded rather hurriedly. He then continued toward the doors. Ichabod threw the doors open and made his way outside to where he left his horse tied up. But was Washington still there?

TAG: Frankie, GM...

8. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Mina Harker
    Kingsport Inn

Well, this was quite interesting. This man seemed to be quite knowledgeable. Perhaps even a bit too much so, unless the story he told was true. "Im sorry, that I coudlnt help you, Mr. Carter." She had heard the innkeeper mention the mans name.

She had the innkeeper blushing so badly before he had run out, she figured poor Ichabod would be busy for abit. She almost chuckled, when she heard Crane call out "Washington!" as he bolted for outside. She was even more surprised to hear her 'patient' ask to go with him, and that THIS place made him feel ill at ease. Crane had stopped just long enough to agree with Frankenstein, before he headed out, Frank right behind him.

With this interesting bit of news, she wondered how the others were doing? She then decided to change the subject slightly.

"Have you been searching here long, if you dont mind my asking?" she asked him, casually fanning herself as they stood, waiting for the innkeeper to return, and give them keys for their rooms.

She flashed a small smile, as she made small talk with the man.

Ichabod, Frankie, GM

9. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    OOC: Are we all waiting on our GM?

10. TheManinBlack

Aug 1, 2007
    OOC: I was waiting on Sherlock, but oh well.

IC: Tarzan

?Nah, our friend is asleep right now. I think I get a little to excited.? Tarzan said, standing over the tall man, who lay unconscious on the floor. The Entire bar now, returned to its previous routine, obviously pretending as if nothing had happened at all. Drinks where being poured by the bartender and the patrons went back to their mundane conversations. Tarzan looked at the downed man, it took an astute eye to know that he was breathing, and better still that he would live.

The man Cassidy had knocked to the dirt covered floor, looked up at his captor and smiled grimily.

?You want to know who Dr. Allen is? You will know in time. You and all your little friends will learn!? The man spat. Cassidy cocked his gun, and the man swallowed deep yet agian.

?Yes?Yes? Dr. Doolittle is at the Terrible Old Man?s house at the far left of town. I don?t know why that half mad old bugger took him in, but it matters not. All already pales to Allen?s power. Soon even Gods will fear him. You best go home now. I am but a man, but he is a nightmare

TAG: PT

IC: Randolph Carter

?Madam I have studied this subject since I was a child. I know the risks and perils of going down such a road such as the occult, even more so this particular? variety. Still it is our duty as learned men to go down this road, for its with only evil?s own tools that we shall hope to defeat it. We where hoping to see if, like in other cases, that usage of the book would be able to hold back its own powers, at a minor cost. I may self had used it in such a way and look at me. Doolittle is a man of character, just like the stories about him say he is. He would not misuse the books, but rather seek to prove a hypothesis, one that would benefit mankind for all time as well. Him missing, was a variable, I and my fellows did not take into account. We could not. I have been searching for him, for over month now while the rest of my colleagues search the rest of New England in answer to your other question.? Carter sighed, as he gently rose the book and placed it on the table.

?You are clearly here for something. What, I do not know. I will tell you this. If you hear of this man, or a John Curtaiss, let me know. I will be in Arkham, ten miles east of here. Please tell me, especially if it?s John you see or hear of. Do not trust what the man says, for he tells nothing but lies.? Cater said as he left the dingy inn, witch seemed to yawn as Carter opened the door. He seemed to almost glide with the speed and dingity of witch he left. brushing past both Frankenstein, Faust, and Crane as he exited the building.

Luckily for Crane, the fat man and his mother had stopped at a post office across the steet. Arguing with someone over some inane thing. It looked like it might come to blows at any minute

People in this town, had short fuses to say the least.

TAG: Mina, Crane, Faust, Ect.

11. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008
    OOC: I am very sorry Darth RL has been messing with me lately. I can still take on the characters I am doing because I am not as busy. Sorry next time something comes up I wil try to pm the GM. Black can you pm me what is going on? I am behind.

12. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002

He breathed a sigh of relief when he saw the fat man and his horse only across the street. Crane turned to Frankenstein and said, "I'll be back in a moment."

He strolled across the road and almost tip-toed as he made his way closer to the arguing fat man. He gently grasped the horse's reigns and said, "I'll take care of the horse. Thank you, sir." Without waiting for a response, he spun on his heels and began heading back toward the Inn.

TAG: the fat man, Frankie, and Faust if he's there...

13. ActRaiser

May 11, 2008
    Frankenstein simply waited, looking every which way that he could. Hopefully he could rid himself of any unwanted surprises that would be take him off guard. This is definitely not the time to remember too much, Frankenstein though.

Tag: No one in particular.

14. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    IC: Faust

Faust and his compatriots had no sooner waltzed in the doorway then he overheard what was possibly the most patently ridiculous claim he had heard in a good long while.

[i]?Madam I have studied this subject since I was a child. I know the risks and perils of going down such a road such as the occult, even more so this particular? variety. Still it is our duty as learned men to go down this road, for its with only evil?s own tools that we shall hope to defeat it..."[/i]

Faust couldn't believe what he was hearing. [i]Defeat evil... with evil...?[/i] he thought, puzzled at the bizarre thought. Evil wasn't terribly good at defeating itself. It mostly tended to contaminate anything and everything that came into contact with it, like a plague, but far worse. This man was simply naive.

[i]?You are clearly here for something. What, I do not know. I will tell you this. If you hear of this man, or a John Curtaiss, let me know. I will be in Arkham, ten miles east of here. Please tell me, especially if it?s John you see or hear of. Do not trust what the man says, for he tells nothing but lies.?[/i]

The man then hurried out the doorway with a slight huff. Faust had ultimately decided that, seeing as this man apparently did not know Dolittle's location, it really wasn't worth the effort to stop him and antagonize him any further. Instead he simply shot the man a sidelong glance with his dark eyes and muttered a few words of advice out of the corner of his mouth, just loud enough so that the fellow could hear them:

"You know [b]nothing[/b] of true evil."

He didn't elaborate any further, seeing as he didn't think there was any real reason to. His point was made, and this was satisfactory. The more pressing matter was finding out what he had missed. As he began working his way towards the other "Extraordinary Gentlemen" (A phrase Faust was still a bit ill at ease with), Crane was, apparently, headed off to recover his horse from a rather rotund fellow across the road.

"Sorry we're late," Faust said, apologizing on behalf of the group.

[b]TAG:[/b] Mina, Crane, Frankenstein, et cetera

[b]OOC:[/b] Sorry my posts have been infrequent. DRL is bogging me down, I've got a nasty cold, and I've been extremely confused as to Faust's actual location. However, he is now decidedly in the Inn.

15. windu4

May 15, 2008
    OOC: When is everyone going to make it at the inn at once? I can not post until everyone is at the inn and preferably in the bar...

16. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    OOC: ??Sherlock,Tarzan and Lone Ranger are at the Pub still. I dont think there is a bar in the Inn.

Mina Harker
    Kingsport Inn

Mina looked at the the man Carter, as he prattled on. She could not believe the gaul of the man.

?Madam I have studied this subject since I was a child. I know the risks and perils of going down such a road such as the occult, even more so this particular? variety. Still it is our duty as learned men to go down this road, for its with only evil?s own tools that we shall hope to defeat it. We where hoping to see if, like in other cases, that usage of the book would be able to hold back its own powers, at a minor cost. I may self had used it in such a way and look at me. Doolittle is a man of character, just like the stories about him say he is. He would not misuse the books, but rather seek to prove a hypothesis, one that would benefit mankind for all time as well. Him missing, was a variable, I and my fellows did not take into account. We could not. I have been searching for him, for over month now while the rest of my colleagues search the rest of New England in answer to your other question.? Carter sighed, as he gently rose the book and placed it on the table."

A month? And he had not found anything? No, this man still did not seem 'right' to her. She watched him as he moved to replace a book, and then he spoke once more.

?You are clearly here for something. What, I do not know. I will tell you this. If you hear of this man, or a John Curtaiss, let me know. I will be in Arkham, ten miles east of here. Please tell me, especially if it?s John you see or hear of. Do not trust what the man says, for he tells nothing but lies.? Cater said as he left the dingy inn, witch seemed to yawn as Carter opened the door. He seemed to almost glide with the speed and dingity of witch he left. brushing past both Frankenstein, Faust, and Crane as he exited the building.

Faust, Mina noted had an interesting look on his face. Probably was thinking the same thing, to the bizzare man's comments. As the man then hurried out the doorway with a slight huff saw Faust shoot the man a sidelong glance with his dark eyes and muttered a few words of advice out of the corner of his mouth. Most would not have been able to hear his words, but Mina could, and they ranged loudly in her ears, as he told the man...

"You know nothing of true evil."

She agreeded with Faust.

"Sorry I'm late," Faust said, apologizing.

Mina smiled as she looked out the door, watching Crane retireve his horse from the Innkeeper, while Frankenstein provided look out. Mina, not taking her eyes off the scene outside, spoke to Fause.

"The man who just left, Crane...was quite an .. interesting fellow. The three of us have already secured a room. I did not tell the Inn Keeper that we were ... a group, except for me and Frankenstein. Just waiting now for the keys.

She smiled when Crane grabbed his horses reings, and began walking back. She then turned, and looked back towards Faust. She spoke in latin, guessing that Faust was well versed in the subject. ["We need to find the others and talk, once you get a room. This place is 'touched"]

She quietly stepped back towards the counter, waiting for the Innkeeper to return, so that they could get their rooms. There was much she wanted to discuss, but not where there might be others lurking within the shadows. Even within the dark ones lair, did not feel as this place did. This place felt darker. As if something that should not have been disturbed, had been. Mina fanned herself lightly, as she waited.

TAG: Crane, Faust, Frankenstein, GM

17. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002

Ichabod once again tied Washington's reigns to the post outside the Inn. He glanced back at the fat man across the street, then walked up the steps to the door of the Inn. He paused, looked back to the horse, and back through the open door.

Crane moved back toward the horse and, patting his thick neck, said, "If anybody tries to take you away again, just make a lot of noise and I'll come running."

The horse snorted, almost as if it was responding to it's master.

Crane walked back up and through the doorway. He headed toward the desk to where Mina was standing.

TAG: the GM, Frankenstein, Mina, Faust(?), and whoever else is there...

18. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    OOC: I am so sorry for being so inactive. DRL decided that it wasn't going to let me write for awhile. Now I should be able to post more.

IC: Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

Henry followed Faust, and Sherlock into the inn. The inside of the inn was just like the rest of the town, gloomy and not very inviting. A bunch of the league was already present. Mina and Faust were talking by the desk, along with Mr. Crane and Frankenstein standing nearby. The only people he didn't see was Tarzan, and the cowboy.

Jekyll walked over to the desk where the rest of them were standing. "Do we have rooms for the night yet?" He asked, directing his question to the whole group.

Tag: everyone.

19. TheManinBlack

Aug 1, 2007
    OOC: Speaking of witch I gave P.T enough time, I'm going to have to NPC until he decides to show back up,

IC: Tarzan and the Lone Ranger

Tarzan and Cassidy looked as the rest of as the league gathered behind the innkeeper?s desk. Their trip to the small counter had been?relatively?uneventfully. Everything looked rotten and sullen here though. Everything had a faint air of the ominous around it, whether the abandoned houses or it be a simple vegetable cart on the corner. It might have to do with this Dr. Allen, but it probably didn?t.

The man just made the evil apparent, instead of something that underneath the surface like a cancer.

A large frown swept over Tarzan?s face. They still had to find out who this Terrible Old Man was. The two of them had hit a few more bars and local hangouts, but people refused to point them in his direction. Funnily enough, it seemed to be out of mercy too. Who ever he was, he scared the inhabitants town quite easily. Something that did not cheer him up in the slightest.

Tarzan waved to Mina and the others as they entered the room.

?Well, I?ve got good news, I heard word of who the Doctor is with?? Tarzan began

?But we?ve got no clue on who to get there or where is to begin with? Cassidy finished sheepishly, it was getting late and everything was getting weirder by the moment. His head turned as he heard the innkeeper curse continuously outside, apparently not seeing that the horse was in front of the inn, running of to the opposite direction.

?How are things on your end??

TAG: ALL

20. ActRaiser

May 11, 2008
    Frankenstein simply stood there. Not saying a word. Talking was never his strong point, although he was as smart as any man. He didn't know exactly what to say, somethign about this place really turned him off. As if his existence was natural compared to what horros this place may contain.

21. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Mina Harker
    Kingston Inn

Mina looked up as Mr. Crane came back, his horse in tow. She watched him speak to the horse for a moment, and then stepped back inside. As he did, She noticed that Dr. Jekyll was also walking up to the Inn.

Jekyll walked over to the desk where the rest of them were standing. "Do we have rooms for the night yet?" He asked, directing his question to the whole group.

Mina shook her head, as she pointed outside where the innkeeper had disappeared to. "No, it seems the innkeeper is rather irate at someone at the moment, and he has not come back to give us our keys." She said, looking a bit miffed. She then smiled. Also, I thought it best that we should all get our own room separately. I did not feel quite right, trying to order rooms for a massive group. Besides, why tip them off more than they already are." she added with a sigh.

Tarzan and Cassidy came into the inn. Mina assumed that Sherlock was somewhere close by. There was a large frown on Tarzan's face. Tarzan waved to Mina and the others as they entered the room.

"Well, I've got good news, I heard word of who the Doctor is with" Tarzan began.. "But we've got no clue on who to get there or where is to begin with." Cassidy finished sheepishly.

"How are things on your end?" Tarzan asked. Mina smiled. "Well, I rather not speak too much of things, here in the open, but I did find out we are not the ONLY folks interested in the person we are looking for. I had quite an interesting conversation." She nodded her head knowingly. As she spoke to Tarzan, she noticed that Frankenstein stood off to the side, staying quiet. Mina thought to herself for a moment. Perhaps Frankenstein might be able to find out a few things. Suddenly, she got an malicious smile. She turned towards Frankenstein.

"Perhaps, you could help ... MOTIVATE the innkeeper back, so that we can finish getting our rooms." She said smiling. "Or at least, listen in on whatever has his attentions so, if you do not mind." she asked of him.

If they could not find out anything, Mina would have to do her own bit of recon.

TAG: The League, ManinBlack

22. ActRaiser

May 11, 2008
    Frank
    Frankenstein nodded. Frank moved to the back of the room where the innkeeper was held.... "Keeper," He said. "Perhaps you could help me find where I left my cane? Could you come here a little bit closer and help me look for it on the floor?"

23. windu4

May 15, 2008

OOC: Sorry guys got a little confused...

24. TheManinBlack

Aug 1, 2007
    OOC: Ingore the above post. Dislike what I had to do that, but oh well, I said I'd let you intro Dorian, and gave a little bit more power than that. You went to far with it.

IC: Inn Keeper

A smile formed on Tarzan?s face, as he shook his heard towards the door, as the bar tender. His bugling mass was quivering, and he was readjusting the collar of his shirt, stretching it like a rubber band, as words tried to form out of his mouth. A nervous smile was painted on his face, and it looked like the wind might be able to brush it off.

?Madam?I seemed to have lost?your horse?? He began.

? Its right out here you idiot? The Old Crone screeched. He man?s head turned and a look of relief over came him.

?Oh?more guests, Well its $4.50 a night for each of you, expensive I know, but we have a classy establishment here and?? The fat Innkeeper said, quickly crushing a cockroach underneath his foot as it began to scurry towards the guests.

?Sir, that was my horse?? Crane began.

? OH!, My apologizes good sir.? The Fat Innkeeper bumbled, apparently forgetting the whole confrontation with Crane less than an hour ago.

?Never mind, I?ll pay for my friends and I, last time I came to this town though. Three years I was told this little town was a gem in the New England country side. Instead I got this?? Tarzan said a London Victorian accent. For someone had such a sharp Midwestern accent only a few minutes ago, it almost seemed to change the ape man into something even more absurd.

?Excuse m?? The Innkeeper began to say softly, anger building in his face.

?Jane of course will be even more disappointed, but that doesn?t matter. None of it matters. There is no way we are spending our vacation here with our friends. There are so many locals in Europe, or Asia that we could visit. No way I?m dragging Lord Worthingston and his people here either.? Tarzan continued in a arrogant condescending tone.

? Who the hell do you think you are?? The Innkeeper yelled

?Tarzan, also known as Lord North in?higher circles?.? Tarzan said.

?Wh-What?? The Inkeeper said softly, arms dorrped to his side in chock. He had heard of Tarzan before. ?Wait?your Sherlock Holmes, aren?t you?

?Oh Yes, My friends and I, where scouting this town for the beginning of a possible tour across the American Continent. But after the lousy service here, I simply won?t allow it. My friends waited an hour just so, you could take My friend?s horse by accident, AND LOSE IT?

?I?m sor-sorry sir, its just.?

?I suggest you let us stay free tonight after this fiasco, this town does have a beautiful view and scenery. And I would normally dare not lose it to an idiot like you.?

?Sure?.Sure?.? The man chanted, as he reached over to his left, and threw Hotel room keys, to everyone but Mina and Frankenstein.

?Thank you? Tarzan spat, and motioned the others to follow him.

?Works every time.? Tarzan almost laughed then turned to the rest of the group and whispered ?I suggest we meet up in my quarters in the mourning so we can discuss what happened. Cassdity and I?need to lay low for a while however. So enjoy your selves to dinner or something?if that?s even possible here.?

TAG: ALL

25. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    IC: Faust

Faust nodded at Ms. Harker's words, his former occupation as a scholar leaving him with, of course, a full working knowledge of Latin. He then watched in mild bemusement as the rooms were acquired in a chain of events that could only be described as comedic. He couldn't help but chuckle slightly.

"That certainly is [i]one[/i] way to get some service," he observed aloud, his hand hiding the smirk that had involuntarily crossed his features. Still, he felt a slight twinge of sympathy on the unwitting innkeepers' part, and strode up to the counter. He subtly handed the innkeeper a twenty dollar bill. "If you could perchance deliver one of those American-made lagers I have heard so much about to room..." He checked his keys. "206, I would appreciate it." He moved away from the counter. True, there was a slight mercenary purpose to his request, as he found himself very thirsty at the moment. And it was also true that he would be very upset if an ale were delivered by mistake. But Faust nonetheless liked to think he had done at least a little good. That was invariably more good than he found himself doing nowadays anyway.

His mind wandered back to what Mina had mentioned. 'Touched', eh? Could it be the great galactic squid's loyal minions that she was referring to? It seemed likely. However he had not noticed anything particularly foul about the place. Intriguing... and disturbing. Was he that blind to the effects of corruption at this point?

He checked his pocket watch. It ticked away as always. The particular phrase that crossed Faust's mind roughly translated into the same sort of condition his soul was facing.

[b]TAG:[/b] Innkeeper, The League

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.