main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by TheManinBlack, Oct 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Mina Harker
    Blue's

Mina leaned against the front of the building, looking once more for her bats, as she fought to control her breathing. They should have reported SOMETHING by now. At least of of them.

Mina gave a deep sigh, as she listened in on the conversation going on inside. They were talking about how to deal with Allen. A monster on his home area, was dangerous to deal with. They knew all the exits, and places to attack, putting the group at an severe disability. Mina knew that from personal experience. Not good.

Allen was a problem, sure enough but with a town full of willing helpers, that made things even more difficult. Mind control? Most likely.

But could they make the monster come to them again? After all, he seemed to need them. And then there was the book. Mina thought about the demon she had seen earlier. She wondered if he could track where Allen went. Evil finding evil. But it would probably cost Faust something precious. No, they had to find him themselves. Mina sent out her mental call again, this time asking the bats to look for either Allen, or any other large gatherings nearby. Mina felt the wind on her face, relaxing against the cool breeze.

TAG: Any

2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    IC: Faust
    Blue's... Or Whatever is Left of It

Faust swirled the wine in his glass, pondering the man's words as he gazed at the crimson liquid, its similarity to that blasted fourth hand simultaneously attracting and repulsing him.

[i]?Even the Old Man himself won?t be able to fend off an army, especially if Allen?s leading it?but if we just worry about Dr. Allen and take care of the house, what off Allen?s willing followers?? Carter moaned.[/i]

Faust wished he knew. He was mostly powerless without Mephistopheles' services, and clearly his suggestion to split up had fallen flat. Of course it had. Nothing so naïve could seriously hope to get far, much less succeed. The nature of the house weakness intrigued Faust. He had of course dabbled in the occult, but in none of his readings had he come across any mention of this house phenomenon Dr. Allen allegedly possessed. The wine swirled in the glass.

He glanced at his companions. Frau Harker apparently had a talent for manipulating bats, Holmes had possibly the most brilliant deductive skills Faust had ever witnessed, Gray was immortal, Hyde and Frankenstein were a two-men army, and Van Helsing wanted to kill him. The wine swirled in the glass.

[i]Wait, that was it![/i]

It was so painfully obvious: His hand had cuts in it, presumably from the glass earlier that evening. He cleaned the wounds with a handkerchief, and sipped his wine. Then he was struck by a more useful burst of insight. Perhaps his initial plan was not as foolish as he had thought.

"Herr ... Gray, was it? You are an immortal, ja?" He pointed at Gray, before gesturing towards Hyde and Frankenstein. "And these two, they're as good as one hundred soldiers each, oui?" He grinned triumphantly. "Why not send them to help this old man? Gray gets his shot at Allen, Hyde and Frankenstein take care of the rest..."

He set his glass down on the table for maximum effect. "And the rest of us find and destroy Allen's house. Surely such a task should not be too difficult for a [i]League of Extraordinary Gentlemen?[/i]" He added the last bit sardonically, awaiting the plan's reception.

[b]TAG: The League, Carter[/b]

3. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008
    IC

"I swear upon my non-existant's son grave that I was just about to say that!" Dorian loosened his shirt and unbuttoned the first few buttons. He picked up a wine bottle and poured some into his cup before splashing it down his throat. "I can handle it. Douse me in wine and send me in there I am immune to anything these people can throw at me."

Tag League

4. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Ichabod Crane

Using his shirt-sleeve, Ichabod wiped the sweat from his brow. His heart was beating normally again after the...battle...with other-worldly beings. That was quite an experience. He would definitely need to control his fears if he was going to be a part of this League.

Only hearing half of the conversation, Ichabod wiped the sweat from his forehead and straightened his hair. He then spoke up. "So, is that the plan, then? The rest of us take care of the house?"

TAG: Others at Blue's...

5. ActRaiser

ActRaiser Jedi Master star 1

May 11, 2008
    Frankenstein
    "Sure thing Faust. By the way, after we get this adventure out of the way, maybe we can have some little talks with eachother. English is so terribly difficult."

Tag: Faust

6. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Mina Harker
    Blue's ... or whats left of it

As Mina listened in slightly to their conversation, it seemed that the League of, 'Extraordinary Gentlemen' were going to do an two front assault on the man. Some folks try to take him out, while others take down his house. Mina scanned the area, keeping a sharp eye out for any followers who might try their luck again. Bats hidden about would alert her to anything.

'Extraordinary insipid', Mina thought with a sigh. Yes, Dorian was immortal it seemed. So he could probably take on quite abit. But Allen knew that now. So he would most likely be better prepared. And Frankenstein, yes another powerhouse. She wondered if anything could take him down. Dr. Jekeyl was interesting. He seemed to do a change, but she didnt know just how powerful he was. But he could definitely keep the underlings busy.

Faust...well, both him and Ichabod seemed to be a bit to worry about. Faust could call on help, but proabaly at a cost to himself. And Ichabod...he could shoot, yes. She wondered what other something had put him on the team. To her, if they were to run up against even the smaller 'old ones', he would be most at risk. Unless he also had something hidden they didnt know about. Mina turned, and walked back into what was left of Blue's.

She looked for, and then headed towards Dr. Carter, Doolittle, and 'HIM'. She looked towards Dr. Carter. "Allen mentioned needs us to 'read' from a book, in order to turn himself...or what's left of him, into a god. If this being is indeed trying to call up old powers, besides trying to grab the book, is there anything we can do to deal with whatever he might conjure up?" she asked him, her body position definitely reading more than just a bit of anger. "You two had supposedly studied or know of these things. Is there anything, spell, symbols, or anything else we need to be looking out for, or something we can use to deal with these things?" she asked.

"For if this idiot does manage to call down something nasty, I seriously doubt simply burning down the man's house is going to do anything. Even if he is their link, killing him might not even stop it. So, I ask again, are you SURE there is not anything else, you might have forgotten..." She put a bit of mental effort into the last half of her sentence. For one, to see if any of these so called league members had been taken over, and two, to see if she perhaps help them call up something they might have otherwise forgotten.

She turned, looked at VanHelsing, and nodded. "That means you too, Helsing. How did you get involved in this, anyway?" she asked softly, giving him a bit of a smile, before she shook her head, and focused back on the other two.

TAG:Everyone

7. Ofi-wan

Ofi-wan Jedi Youngling

Nov 13, 2008
    IC

Van Helsing shifted and gave a smile in return. "I have some access to knowledge and ah materials that give me an edge over immortals, demons, vampires, monsters." Van Helsing shifted his gaze to Frankenstein and Jekyll at the phrase monsters.

"It seems that the M thinks that I can do more good in a group than by myself. He also seems to think that I won't hunt anybody on this group since I am ON it." Van Helsing had been tracking and preparing to kill Frankenstein and Hyde when he had been called by M. He had been forced to put these missions to an end when he had been put on the same team as them.

"Which brings me to my next conclusion." Van Helsing shifted thorugh his belt and pulled out a vial. "If I douse Dorian with this and set him on fire than he will set anything that he touches ablaze for hours. We can get him in the house and allow him to put an end to the house rather quickly. I can not think of anything else. I have studied the supernatural and it only seems that fire is the only thing that can stop the Terrible Man. However if any demons present themselves than I should be able to handle them with the materials I have on hand."

Van Helsing stroked his chin slowly as he glanced at the rest of his team members. "Another point. You are not a God until you make yourself one so if we catch them by suprise than they will not realize the problem and use there powers until it is to late."

Tag All

8. TheManinBlack

TheManinBlack Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2007
    IC: Randolph Carter

Herr ... Gray, was it? You are an immortal, ja?" Fuast said pointing at Gray, before gesturing towards Hyde and Frankenstein. "And these two, they're as good as one hundred soldiers each, oui?" He grinned triumphantly. "Why not send them to help this old man? Gray gets his shot at Allen, Hyde and Frankenstein take care of the rest..."

"Allen mentioned needs us to 'read' from a book, in order to turn himself...or what's left of him, into a god. If this being is indeed trying to call up old powers, besides trying to grab the book, is there anything we can do to deal with whatever he might conjure up?" she asked him, her body position definitely reading more than just a bit of anger. "You two had supposedly studied or know of these things. Is there anything, spell, symbols, or anything else we need to be looking out for, or something we can use to deal with these things?" Mina asked. For some reason she didn?t seem it like him, no matter.

Carter nodded, and tried on a nervous smile. There was always a way to deal with The Old Ones, however unpleasant, but nothing permanent.

?If you actually want to kill an Old One my dear, you simply need to become a God. The only way to stop these things is to either through quick action, or reading from the book none of you should be reading from in the first place to invoke such spells. Not since the Hyborian Age?s famous Cimmerian king has a man who lived, who has been able to stand on equal footing with a god. My Father, John Carter, had a saying; ?keep your feet on the Earth?. Faust is right; the best we could hope for is to get rid of the house, the place where he made his first contract with the Old Ones, and stop Allen now. As long as The Old Ones promise power, people will follow them. Nothing can be done about that, not that it matters.

Carter pointed at the bat coming towards Mina, and smirked?while Tarzan and Doolittle grimaced.

?It seems your friend popped by to say hi.? Carter said, almost laughing.

Tag: ALL

9. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Mina Harker

Mina directed her questions towards Carter. Carter nodded, and tried on a nervous smile.

"If you actually want to kill an Old One my dear, you simply need to become a God. The only way to stop these things is to either through quick action, or reading from the book none of you should be reading from in the first place to invoke such spells. Not since the Hyborian Age's famous Cimmerian king has a man who lived, who has been able to stand on equal footing with a god. My Father, John Carter, had a saying; "keep your feet on the Earth". Faust is right; the best we could hope for is to get rid of the house, the place where he made his first contract with the Old Ones, and stop Allen now. As long as The Old Ones promise power, people will follow them. Nothing can be done about that, not that it matters."

As Mina gave his comments some thought, Carter pointed. She turned to see that he was pointing at the bat coming towards Mina, and smirked, while Tarzan and Doolittle grimaced.

Mina smiled, as Carter remarked with humor in his voice, "It seems your friend popped by to say hi."

Mina smiled, as she held out her hand for her bat to land. "Actually, he has come with much more information than that." Mina said softly as she 'listened' to what message the bat had to deliver to her.

Tag: ALL

10. windu4

May 15, 2008
    IC

Sherlock shifted at that and pulled out his pistol reloading it as he nervously checked the windows.

"Good news or bad?" Sherlock could not yet discern Mina's reaction because she had not yet taken on a facial expression for what she said.

Tag Mina

11. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Ichabod and Washington
    Blue's...

Ichabod watched as the bat flew by. Startled, he jumped slightly...then winced as it literally landed on Mina. It really grossed him out. She actually touched that disgusting flying rodent? And now she's talking to it?!

Ichabod paused. He saw what happened to Jekyll and Faust during the fight. And then there was the Frankenstein monster. These League members were all...freaks! Was Mina the same way? How could such a beautiful woman be associated with monsters?

This whole thing was freaking him out. But he kept his cool and breathed deeply. He turned to look at Washington, who was looking in through the broken window watching everything unfold. Ichabod looked back to Mina, waiting to see what this flying rat had to say.

TAG: Any...

12. windu4

May 15, 2008
    IC

Sherlock who had keenly saw the response Washington had given while waiting for Mina's response chuckled. Sherlock walked towards a nearby pitcher and poured a cup of wine for himself and Ichabod. He handed a cup to Ichabod.

"This will make the night go faster." Sherlock winked as he said this. He was starting to wonder why Ichabod was on the team. he did not seem to have any worthwhile contributions other than shooting things...

IC Dorian

Dorian sat in the corner staring at Mina waiting for her message. He was anxious he was finally ready to take Allen and his cohorts down. Preferably to hell.

Tag All

[hr]
    [color=white][hl=black][b]I_H Edit:[/b][/hl][/color] [b]Here it is! Side-scroll edit. Please use horizontal rules for lines![/b]

13. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Ichabod Crane

"Ah, thank you sir," Ichabod responded, taking the cup from Holmes. He swirled it in the glass and took a sip. "Mmm... Quite good," he said with a smile. He then downed the rest in one big gulp.

TAG: Sherlock, any others...

14. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Blue's

Faust sipped his wine glass as he waited for the bat's message. It was actually a fairly ingenious method of information gathering, few outside of the most superstitious Transylvanians would deign to suspect that a bat was spying on them, and even if they did, bats had the kind of mobility that could facilitate easy escape.

Still, how was Ms. Harker able to control bats? He knew she had had contact with a vampire, Dr. Allen had revealed that much, but that usually didn't provide any sort of powers unless...

But surely that was impossible.

[b]TAG: Mina, the League[/b]

[b]OOC:[/b] Just thought I should point out that my finals begin exactly one week from tomorrow, and so my posting will be even more erratic than usual from the 11th through the 19th.

[hr]
    [color=white][hl=black][b]I_H Edit:[/b][/hl][/color] Hunting for the Side-scroll. Not here!

15. TheManinBlack

Aug 1, 2007
    IC: Mina?s Bat.
    Outside Blue?s

As Mina listened to her bat, Tarzan and Doolittle cringed. Doolittle out of fear, and Tarzan out of disgust and utter disbelief.

Crane and Carter trying ascertain what was being said in spite of themselves. The thought of how absurd they looked crossed their minds one or twice, only to be summarily dismissed. Today they had seen a man spurt wings and fly off into the sky, a man who could morph into a giant, and a man who could summon a devil. They where pretty much open to anything at this point.

As the bat had scurried after the Dr. Allen, it had caught sight of many things. Most of witch even in the hands of its master, it felt sick to its stomach to mention. It?s master might be undead or something , but he saw was a mockery of life itself.

As the bat flapped towards the man known simply as Allen, it watched him stop at Arkham
    Cemetery, as a man dark filthy lab coat instructed even filthier men as pried open graves. The man seemed fidgety and reminded the bat of Carter. Carter himself seemed to keep sifting his eyes towards a man in dark military uniform?dating back to Confederate army. The bat wouldn?t have even batted an eye to this, expect when he saw the man?s head was no longer shoulders. , but rather held in his left hand.

The two seemed to be arguing, but the bat couldn?t understand either of them, for whatever reason. Not that it mattered, it knew the language, Arabic . As they argued, Allen walked up to them and yelled the names of Major and West. Both immediately turned to him and nodded. Allen yelled some more as the man in the lab coat smiled, and pulled out a small syringe and injected it into one of the bodies in the grave. After a short while, the thing inside got up slowly, and moaned like an ape would. It stumbled around seemingly aimlessly, as the man in the lab coat smacked himself in the face. The Bat, sensing the man without his head, seemed to be searching for something, got scared and wandered back to Mina.

TAG: LXG

IC: Herbert West.
    Arkham Cemetery

?Please David, I told you to put the correct amount in the syringe, my good man. Do you both want us to die?? West screamed as he kicked one of the chained dirty men in the back, sending David sprawling.

?Listen?I told you I could cure you?I meant it. I didn?t except this to happen though. After I help these two out, I promise I?ll get your cure. But I need you to listen to me.? Dr. Herbert West moaned aloud.

?There are only THREE reasons your still alive, one your condition gives you strength we need, two your blood is a prime ingredient in the Reanimation formula, and because you promised to make your self useful to us. Never forget that.? West uttered as he returned to converse with The Major and Dr. Allen, whom David knew as the infamous Joseph Curwen. the man who had started the Slave Trade in America.

That of course had been a lie of course. West had been captured the men long ago. He had advertised himself to David as someone who could cure him, just so Allen and his gang could get the jump on him. No doubt West had the potential and talent to cure him, but as David got to know the man better the more and more he disliked. It seemed the reason West had been captured in the first place was his arrogance in wanting to perform his experiments in peace without restraint rather than any ethical opposition. Quite the opposite in fact, he had seen the Good Doctor's experiments. Seen them too much of them in fact. In the end he had the same goals as Curwen and the Major did.

He was just better in hiding it. David moaned as the Major lifted towards the skyies, almost excepting Robur or Doctor Mabuse to descend from it. Curwen had informed them, that the Entire Cult of Cthulhu was coming after all.

TAG: Anime fan

16. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    OOC:

Ooohhh. A headless guy. That will be interesting...especially for my character. ;)

17. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Mina Harker and Batty
    Outside Blue?s

Mina noticed the looks from Tarzan and Doolittle. She found it rather amusing in a way, as both of these men supposedly talked with animals all the time, and worked with various species. That they would cringe from the sight of a bat, was nearly hysterical.

Ichabod seemed to handle it a bit better. The others simply watched.

As Mina listened to the tiny bat, her face changed, becoming quite serious. She could feel the bats disgust of the scenes he had witnessed. And it took quite a bit to bother them. Considering to what she was listening too, Frankenstein was nothing, compared to these...these ghouls. And the mention of the headless man, made her glance over towards Crane.

The gods were certainly testing them.

Mina held out her hand, looking at the tiny bat, and stroking its head as she spoke.

"Such an interesting reaction..Especially from those who claim to do similar feats...." She glared at Doolittle and Tarzan, before she looked over towards the others. "It seems that Dr. Allen, or whatever is left of him, went to visit Arkham Cementary...and started opening graves. Whatever he was doing out there, one of them seemed very nervous. There were three other persons there as well. One in a grubby lab coat. A gravedigger, in even nastier clothes ..." Mina shook her head. "And I dont believe Im saying it, even after what Ive witnessed so far. But the other man was dressed in an old Confederate Army uniform. Allen and this .... thing seemed to be arguing. Unfortunately, the spoke in Arabic."

Mina moved, leaning against what was left of a table, as she gently stroked the tiny bat. "The names West, and Major were heard. Allen yelled at the men. .And the men turned towards him and nodded...so its a good guess that was their names. Allen yelled some more, and the man in the nasty lab coat injected a needle into a body in the grave..." Mina looked over at Frankenstein. "It climbed out of the grave, and began to wander around. Sounds like something had gone wrong, cause the man in the grubby coat smacked himself...The Confederate suddenly started looking around as if searching for something.."

Mina blew a tiny puff of air on the small bat and told him to go hide in the nearby rafters. She would reward him later. A gentle movement of her hands, and the bat flew off. "He got scared, and came back to tell me after that..." Mina looked up at the group. "By the way. The guy in the Confederate uniform....seemed to be carrying his head in his left hand.

Mina stood up and crossed her arms in front of her. Half of them had turned into creatures, or had conjured up things, but they cringed at the sight of a bat? Mina gave a sharp laugh.

"So, what now, oh Extraordinary Gentlemen?" Mina laughed, as she moved to find a glass and a bottle, pouring herself a drink.

The League

18. Anime_Fan

Anime_Fan Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    OOC: Upon Manin's request I will be taking the role of Thomas Cassidy, aka "The Lone Ranger". I am glad to be in the game :D

[b]Thomas Cassidy "The Lone Ranger"[/b]
    [i]Outside Blue's[/i]

The cowboy watched with much interest, fiddling with the toothpick in his mouth and adjusting his mask just a bit. There was tension between the girl, Doolittle and Tarzan. His eyes switched over to see the others reactions, studying their faces. Maybe this was starting to be too much for some of them to handle. A headless man, that actually carried that head in his hand, and reanimated corpses? He lifted a hand to his hat, fiddling with the brim while he reached for a glass of wine with the other hand, swirling the liquid around before he took a gulp.

[i]"So, what now, oh Extraordinary Gentlemen?"[/i] Mina asked sarcastically, and poured herself a glass.

Thomas spit his toothpick to the ground, taking another gulp of wine and refilling his glass with the cool substance. He flicked his hat up, so that his face was visible, apart from his masked eyes of course.

"Well, reanimated corpses, a headless man who's still alive and some crazed scientist? I reckon we're all screwed Miss Harker. Even with all these powerful and genius people on our side, we're going to have a real tough time handling all of this."

[b]Tag: The League[/b]
    [hr]
    [b]David Kessler[/b]
    [i]Arkham Cemetery[/i]

David crawled away from West, panting lightly. He preferred to keep his distance from the... [i]experiments[/i]. "I need sleep and I need to eat."

He pushed himself up to his feet, ignoring the clinking of his chains as he gazed at the Doctor. "I know I promised to make myself useful and I have to keep my word to that, but I can't go for long periods of times without food..."

His stomach made a disturbing sound that was a combination of a growl and a very low gurgling. "Things will change if I can't eat."

The American hugged his abdomen, green eyes focused on West for a moment, before shifting over to Allen. Being cured was the only reason Kessler had agreed to such a bad experience. If he had known to what extent he would be used, he wouldn't have agreed. At least that's what he wanted to think. But even if he had known the situation, David would have agreed anyway.

He hadn't quiet come to terms with what he has become. He still hasn't forgiven himself for the London incident and if getting cured meant giving up some of his blood and helping with these crazy experiments, David would keep doing it. His eyes wandered over to the wandering creature and he shuddered inwardly.

Maybe it wasn't worth it after all.

[b]Tag: TheManinBlack[/b]

19. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Blue's

Walking dead and headless soldiers? Faust smirked slightly in bemusement. Allen had to be stopped, must be stopped, but his plot was much more complex than Faust had given it credit for. Cassidy, the cowboy (Did all "cowboys" wear such masks?), who had been silent for a long time now, finally spoke up.

[i]"Well, reanimated corpses, a headless man who's still alive and some crazed scientist? I reckon we're all screwed Miss Harker. Even with all these powerful and genius people on our side, we're going to have a real tough time handling all of this."[/i]

[i]Perhaps this is that famous "American Optimism" I have heard so much about...[/i] Faust thought sardonically, polishing off his wine glass. He wasn't sure how many that made, but he wasn't concerned. His younger body had all the alcohol tolerance his fellow students had marveled over in the days of yore. It was going to take more than some Tafelwein to affect him.

"While I understand your concern, Herr Cassidy, I do not believe we have much choice. We cannot allow Allen to succeed in ascending to Godhood, or some mockery of godhead, much less with an army of..." he paused to search for a suitable phrase, before settling on the English expression, "Revenants, at his beck and call." He glanced sidelong at Frankenstein. So what did that make this fellow? A stitched together mass of Leichen... He had never really thought about it before. "We must stop him."

He mulled over the details, pulling out his watch once more out of habit more than anything. Clearly the original plan was going to need some revision. He just wasn't sure where. "How, though... I am not sure."

[b]TAG: LXG[/b]

20. TheManinBlack

Aug 1, 2007
    IC: Tarzan
    Outside Blues

?No, we keep to the plan.? Tarzan muttered, looking over at Mina?s bat and shuddering. He hated those things. Usually very stupid, and his mind disgusting. Even their scent reminded him of rats. Far from one might call, avid conversationalists.

?If anything, our situation has gotten brighter.? Tarzan said taking a seat and laughing. Carter upon hearing that, lurched over towards Tarzan. The man might be an expert on the supernatural, but not common sense. The others might have never fought the undead, or similar creatures so they where all but forgiven in his eyes.

?What are you talking about, they might outnumber us 10 to on..? Carter began furiously.

?I happen to understand Arabic?and bat. Quite a trained thing you got there Miss Murphy. Despite not knowing the langue it memorized some of what they said to the word. Almost all of it was in our favor. Seems the formula that the one in the Lab coat made is defective to say the least, and the most of what the undead could do is lumber around like a drunkard and act like damn fools. They have a few dozen effective men, I will not lie and say that is good. But if we act now, we need not worry. Turns out Allen came there excepting the books, well Allen or someone named Curwan. Instead he went there getting nothing. The army he expected to raid the Old Man's House wandered off the woods to do God knows what. He thinks he both might have lost any chance of getting his power without more compromise, as he thinks we bolted from town and on our way back to England, while the Old Man might be tipped off any day now. Worse yet he?d on a tight schedule, if he doesn?t attain the book on time like he promised his partners he would have, let alone not having us?would be quite bad for him.? Tarzan said, stretching his arms. "It seems was a group effort, and Allen screwed up his end"

?Destroy his House?and hold those things off at the cemetery. If Allen goes poof, the Headless man and his friend are emptied handed, they won?t stick around to wait for the consequences. Its as Carter said, people will follow the Old Ones, as long as they have the ability to grant the power they claim they can. If not, all bets are off. ? Tarzan continued smiling grimily as he did so.

Carter merely nodded, then looked around for a few seconds before pointing at a small stable far to their right.

?Miss Murphy, I take it you wouldn?t mind leading Hyde and the other?s to the graveyard, while I lead Faust, Sherlock, and someone who would be useful in a scrape just in case, to the Arkham to where I think his house might lay?? Carter asked, still sweating at he thought might have spelled out certain doom.

TAG: LXG

OOC: After they head off to the cemterey I'll tag David agian Anime Fan. Prepare for an undead version of 300

21. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Mina Harker
    Blue's

As Mina sipped on her wine, she heard the cowboy speak up.
    "Well, reanimated corpses, a headless man who's still alive and some crazed scientist? I reckon we're all screwed Miss Harker. Even with all these powerful and genius people on our side, we're going to have a real tough time handling all of this."

Mina smiled, chuckling softly. The man might have been a bit crass at times, but his thought process seemed to be working just fine. She tipped her wine glass towards him, and then took another sip. Quite a wonderful drink, actually. Dorian had been extremely quiet. He was usually QUITE boastful. Perhaps he knew more than he was willing to admit. He eyes flickered over towards Crane. He had not said two words to her after the - event. She sighed softly.

Faust spoke up next. "While I understand your concern, Herr Cassidy, I do not believe we have much choice. We cannot allow Allen to succeed in ascending to Godhood, or some mockery of godhead, much less with an army of..." he paused a moment, searching for the right word. "Revenants, at his beck and call." He glanced sidelong at Frankenstein. "We must stop him." Mina nodded in agreement.

Tarzan spoke up next. "If anything, our situation has gotten brighter." Tarzan said taking a seat and laughing. Mina raised an eyebrow wondering what drug he had consumed. Carter's reaction was more physical, as he lurched over towards Tarzan.

"What are you talking about, they might outnumber us 10 to on.." Carter began furiously. Tarzan continued. "I happen to understand Arabic?and bat. Quite a trained thing you got there Miss Murphy. Despite not knowing the language it memorized some of what they said to the word. Almost all of it was in our favor. Seems the formula that the one in the Lab coat made is defective to say the least, and the most of what the undead could do is lumber around like a drunkard and act like damn fools. They have a few dozen effective men, I will not lie and say that is good. But if we act now, we need not worry. Turns out Allen came there excepting the books, well Allen or someone named Curwan. Instead he went there getting nothing. The army he expected to raid the Old Man's House wandered off the woods to do God knows what. He thinks he both might have lost any chance of getting his power without more compromise, as he thinks we bolted from town and on our way back to England, while the Old Man might be tipped off any day now. Worse yet he?d on a tight schedule, if he doesn?t attain the book on time like he promised his partners he would have, let alone not having us?would be quite bad for him." Tarzan said, stretching his arms."It seems was a group effort, and Allen screwed up his end"

Mina's eyes grew dark, but she didnt say anything. He had done something Mina took no humor to, and she gently put down the wine bottle, as she clutched the glass delicately.

"Destroy his House?and hold those things off at the cemetery. If Allen goes poof, the Headless man and his friend are emptied handed, they won?t stick around to wait for the consequences. Its as Carter said, people will follow the Old Ones, as long as they have the ability to grant the power they claim they can. If not, all bets are off." Tarzan continued smiling grimly as he did so.

Carter merely nodded, then looked around for a few seconds before pointing at a small stable far to their right.

"Miss Murphy, I take it you wouldn?t mind leading Hyde and the other?s to the graveyard, while I lead Faust, Sherlock, and someone who would be useful in a scrape just in case, to the Arkham to where I think his house might lay?" Carter asked, still sweating at he thought might have spelled out certain doom.

Mina was very calm, as she hurled her glass inches from Carters head. "MY NAME." she stated tursely. "IS HARKER!" She stood slowly, her eyes showing an anger that non of the team had ever seen before. Smoothing out her dress, she she adjusted her hat, and then calmly walked out from Blue's, moving for t

22. TheManinBlack

Aug 1, 2007
    OOC: Tarzan was supposed to say your real name but Carter was supposed to drop the ball and use her old name. My bad!

23. Anime_Fan

Anime_Fan Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    Thomas Cassidy
    Blue's

Tom smirked lightly at Mina, twirling his wine around his glass before he drained it, putting the glass down and pulling a toothpick out of his pocket, sticking that in his mouth. The cowboy turned his gaze to Carter and Tarzan, tipping his hat and pulling his pants up a little.

"Well good luck with that then gents. As dangerous as those reanimate corpses seem, if they only act like drunken gits, I should have no problem knocking 'em around."

He spun on his heel, his spurs clinking as he walked to follow after Mina, crossing his arms over his chest as he stared into the barn. He tilted his head to look at the woman, switching his toothpick to the other side of his mouth.

"I reckon you already came to the conclusion that we'll be needing some type of carriage for the couple of large gentlemen in our company."

Tag: The League

24. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Mina Harker
    The Stables

As Mina looked out into the stables, trying to see what was available, she heard footsteps behind her. She turned her head, to see the cowboy come up behind her, heels clicking. No, not heels...spurs. It made for an interesting sound. She looked back into the stables.

He stopped and stood, crossing his arms over his chest as he stared into the barn. He tilted his head to look at Mina, switching his toothpick to the other side of his mouth.

"I reckon you already came to the conclusion that we'll be needing some type of carriage for the couple of large gentlemen in our company."

"Indeed." she answered, offering a slight smile towards the man, as she tilted her head. She then looked into the room in front of her. "Let's see what, if anything is useful in this sty, shall we?" she said, as she walked inside, looking around.

Tag: The Cowboy, The League

25. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    OOC: Whoa! Now I've gotta catch up.

IC: Ichabod and Washington

Ichabod sipped his wine as Mina reiterated what the flying rodent had told her. He put the glass up to his lips just as she mentioned that part about the headless guy.

"Ppppsssshhh!" Upon hearing that, Ichabod spit wine out of his mouth. He stared at Mina for a brief moment, eyes as big as saucers. The wide-eyed Ichabod Crane slowly turned to look at his horse Washington, who seemed to be looking back at him.

Ichabod could see that Headless Horseman in his mind. It had been so many years ago, but he remembered every bit of it. He could still see the flaming pumpkin come flying at him...

He suddenly snapped back to the present to catch the tail end of the conversation. Reaching for a handkerchief, he wiped the wine from his chin that he spit out only moments earlier.

Then the one named Carter said, "Miss Murphy, I take it you wouldn?t mind leading Hyde and the other?s to the graveyard, while I lead Faust, Sherlock, and someone who would be useful in a scrape just in case, to the Arkham to where I think his house might lay?"

Then Mina threw a glass at him.

"Uh," Ichabod said, stepping forward. He noticed the cowboy heading out after Mina. "Which team shall I join? Where could I be most useful?"

TAG: League members still at Blue's...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.