main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Legacy of Darth Vader / Skywalker family secret?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Dra---, Dec 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hartman89

hartman89 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 29, 2014
    Lets see here...I was still posting SPARINGLY after my first, the most minor of all my surgeries, which I believe was on my hand. You will have to forgive me as I was on heavy medication at the time, but I would say late February, early March. At the time I don't know if every actor on the cast had been confirmed to what role, and I believe the topic of familial relations was still unsure...Thats what I was most heavily interested in, that of course and any plot details. I believe just the first teaser trailer was out at the time...Then I didn't leave the hospital until, I don't know a month and a half ago I think I posted one time when I had access to the internet between surgeries, but then I had a step back and P.T. to go through...So basically I know...the film is still greenlit right?

2. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Welcome back and I hope you're doing well! Enjoy catching up on all the info and speculation and leaks, bust just, you know, do yourself a favor and stay off the Luke forum.

[​IMG]

thejeditraitor, Jcuk and Satipo like this.
  3. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    Yeah, I can already see Disney 'the family company' showing a movie about incest and ruining 2 iconic characters (+ poor Han). But you are right, this would be a twist noone even expected in their wildest dreams. [face_rofl]

Tosche_Station likes this.
  4. ATMachine

ATMachine Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2007
    I don't know, I can dream up quite a lot. :p

Tosche_Station, Jcuk and nightangel like this.
  5. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Shattered Empire is meant to plant the seeds for future expansion on Leia coming to terms with who her parents are. Quite looking forward to seeing it, if true.

Jcuk likes this.
  6. darthtimetraveller

darthtimetraveller Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2015
    I think if Vader has a legacy at all it'll simply be that he destroyed the Sith and was redeemed and that in itself offers hope that anyone can be redeemed. I wonder if Qui-Gon ever communicated with Vader, and tried to turn him back to the light. I think that'd make for a really riveting scene/exchange. I could see Vader being haunted by the memory of Padme and his once love for her too and it probably just tore at his soul. Who knows, maybe Anakin's story isn't completely over yet. He'll probably make a couple of appearances in the ST at some point; probably to communicate with Kylo Ren or Luke at some point. I think it'd be pretty cool if he appears for the final climactic battle of episode 9 and helps the new heroes defeat the new main bad guy. I think that'd be a fitting book end to the saga (and a way to address the prophecy in some sense as well, assuming his destroying Sidious wasn't the fulfillment of the prophecy in it's entirety).

whostheBossk likes this.
  7. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    Obviously the Imperials can do something like DNA evidence to find out that Darth Vader was actually Anakin Skywalker. It might be exposed to the galaxy as a way to discredit the Jedi and the Republic.

8. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I doubt it. The medical records of Vader and Sidious were classified and nobody, apart from themselves, hand access to it.

The biggest question is whether or not there was/is another Skywalker - who we never knew about. I recall a very indepth discussion on this forum about the Yoda arc and whether or not his final words were a hint to something else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.