main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Legacy of Darth Vader / Skywalker family secret?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Dra---, Dec 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Exactly. IMO, there was nothing at all wrong with that cave. Yoda set it all up in Luke's head by telling him it was a domain of evil. But he also tried to hint that it might not be true by telling him that the only thing in there was what he took with him and that he would not need his weapons. Luke went in there expecting the worse, found it, and attacked it. That was his failure. But Yoda probably could have had the same results with this test of Luke if he'd told him that the local 7-11 was a domain of evil.

Immortiss and Dra--- like this.
  2. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Except, ummm... do you live in a big city in the US? Luke WOULD need his weapons at those 7-11's, as they ARE domains of evil. I think I'd rather run into Vader than some of the thugs and drug dealers that hang out outside of 7-11.

3. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    OK, bad example. [face_laugh]

darklordoftech likes this.
  4. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Local library?

5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I bet Luke saved Vader's suit and brings it out for all the cocktail parties.

Visivious Drakarn and Dra--- like this.
  6. Lord TW

Lord TW Jedi Master star 2

Dec 25, 2012
    Well, I saw a couple of high-speed Jedi on a droid control ship in outer space of Naboo, and never saw that anywhere else.

rumsmuggler and darklordoftech like this.
  7. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    THIS.

Dra--- likes this.
  8. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, he saved the charred remains of it after burning it on Endor.

9. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    He put it back together with superglue and duct tape!

10. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Meh. Vader has survived worse.

Mystery Roach likes this.
  11. Lando Swarm

Lando Swarm Jedi Master star 2

Aug 9, 2013
    That's a very interesting angle, and I'll keep it in mind next time I watch the PT.

12. Lord TW

Lord TW Jedi Master star 2

Dec 25, 2012
    Slow day. Everyone must be at CES.

13. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    Sorry if this has been discussed already, but I'm having trouble finding it:

Does the rest of the galaxy outside of the Skywalker family know that Darth Vader was Luke & Leia's father? Or have they kept it a secret? Has it been assumed that Anakin was killed by Darth Vader? Does someone get their hands on the security footage from the Jedi Temple? Has it been covered in the EU? Is it cannon somewhere else? Help a noob out.

14. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    This is something I'm really interested in seeing tackled by the sequel trilogy. Clearly it being public knowledge has repercussions for both Skywalker twins. It wouldn't go down at all well if Leia continues in politics, and it won't do Luke any favours in trying to rebuild the Jedi order. I'm sure they would gain many enemies.

15. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    Which could make them become 'rebels' again. ;)

LunarMoth likes this.
  16. I know

I know Jedi Knight star 3

May 4, 2014
    Or outlaws ... Hooray we got rid of that pain the a$$ Emperor and his lackey. Now all we need to do is get rid of that lackeys kids

17. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Doubt it matters as much since few people are still alive from the Darth Vader and Palpy days.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  18. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    As someone suggested, it might be used against them in the ST.

19. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    What if Von Sydow's character is the one who exposes them? His character is easily old enough to remember what really happened to Anakin. Such a scandal could very well fracture the New Republic.

A lot of discussion has been made comparing the fall of the Empire to the fall of Nazi Germany: rather sudden. What does this leave for conflict? Well keep in mind that immediately following WWII there was a Cold War that nearly blew up on multiple occasions. Perhaps former members of the Alliance have no interest in a reformed Republic or a new Jedi Order. Especially with the revelation that Luke is the offspring of one of the galaxy's greatest villains...

20. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The family shame that Cliegg Lars was a legless step-patriarch...

Lord Tuvitor, rumsmuggler and D'an like this.
  21. Palpatine's P.A.

Palpatine's P.A. Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 9, 2014
    ^ Few people are still alive 30 years later??

This subject should definitely be addressed and would be an excellent point of conflict if they have kept it a secret and it is discovered by the villain and used against Luke in whatever way

22. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    who died of irony that his name was an anagram of garlic legs

23. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    Definitely intriguing going into the ST and how Vader being Anakin Skywalker could potentially cast a pall over the family, but also wanted to point your way to this "Who knows Vader is Anakin?" thread in the Classic Trilogy forum. Pretty good context around who maybe already knew but didn't say anything, etc., etc.

I don't think it's something Luke would shy away from or try to keep a secret. He seems legitimately proud of Anakin at the end of ROTJ and I can imagine him stubbornly defending him even in the face of those who (understandably) can't bring themselves to see an ounce of good in Vader.

24. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    "it stays in the family".

25. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    Not only that. Leia did end up (presumably by VII) marrying Han - an ex smuggler who made his living working for gangsters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.