main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Legacy of Kings (Pre-ROTJ, AU, Leia) - UPDATED 1/30- CHAPTER TWO

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sara_Kenobi, Nov 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Title: The legacy of Kings
    Summary: Leia left the war in ESB at the request of Bail Organa's sister Elwen. Leia knows nothing of her true fate. Her love for Han Solo was never realized. Han and Luke travel to see Leia on the world of Rohmar, and find that her life has taken a very different turn from their own.
    Timeline: 2 months before ROTJ.
    Category: AU.

INTRODUCTION

"Leia, you must take other things into consideration for once," pleaded Elwen Organa, who had discovered that her brother's daughter was on the close by world of Hoth from her home of Rohmar and decided on chance to visit her.

"Aunt Elwen, you know that my life is here." Leia Organa replied sternly. "We just moved into this base and nothing is settled yet. I must help in setting up the security here before the Empire finds us."

"That is not anything that someone else can do if you leave with me now," Elwen argued back pleadingly. "I haven't did the things our people expect of us, Leia. I need you to help me rule Rohmar. Please, come with me."

"I was trained to rule and govern Alderaan, Elwen," Leia replied shaking her head no, and then looking the young woman in the eyes. "I know nothing of our new world. I had no idea that anyone had escaped the blast either. Tell me, does my father live too? Did he send you for me?" Leia asked with hope in her eyes and heart.

"No," Elwen whispered sadly. "My brother had refused transport off Alderaan. He feared that you would return before you knew what was happening and die with our world."

Tears welled inside Leia's eyes. Her own father had died because of his hope of her return and that she did not fail in her duty. But she did fail.

No.

She would use this as her last chance not to fail him and go with Elwen to Rohmar.

"When do we leave?" Leia whispered with finality.

Her fate was decided. It would be more different from what it had been destined to be than she would ever know.

2. Ireth_Tasartir

Ireth_Tasartir Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2003
    Wow, I can't believe I'm the first one to read this... [face_shocked]

Great start...
    Let's see how it goes...

:D

3. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Hm, I liked your introduction :D

Well, it's great ;)

I'm waiting for more ;)

4. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I think I am going to like this twist in this story plot. :)

5. RogueSticks

RogueSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2003
    I'm interested. Sounds like a very different story. Can't wait for more. :)

6. Peregrine7

Peregrine7 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 7, 2003
    I'm hooked. :)

7. Kettch_the_Jedi

Kettch_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 22, 2002
    Interesting start...

8. jedi-lelila

jedi-lelila Jedi Master star 3

Jun 14, 2003
    I'll read it.

9. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    Great start. I'll read more, please.

10. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Intriguing premise. Looking forward to seeing where you go with this idea.

11. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I like the premise, like the beginning, would like to see more, if you please!

12. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Chapter One, Cast of Characters

Elwen Organa, Sister of Bail Organa, First Lady Minister of Rohmar, Princess of Alderaan.
    Louis Martigan, Senator of Rohmar, Youngest of the Martigan family.
    Wenna Organa, Daughter of Elwen, Cousin of Leia.

Leia Organa, Heir of Alderaan, Rightful heir of Rohmar, former Senator, former Rebel Leader.
    Han Solo, General of Rebellion.
    Luke Skywalker, Commander of Rebellion, Jedi.

Planets

Hoth
    Alderaan
    Rohmar

Chapter One, Summary

Leia Organa greets two visitors to Rohmar that are from her past. Will one be included in her future?

13. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    ;;post;; by Thursday. :)

14. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    ;;post;; by Thursday.

Great ;)

15. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Looking forward to reading the first chapter of this one. I love AUs. Will Han be one of those visitors?

16. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Great title
    Good Intro
    Waiting for more.

17. jedi-lelila

jedi-lelila Jedi Master star 3

Jun 14, 2003
    It's Sunday!! :D :D

18. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Yeah, sorry about that, been busy. 8-}

I will have it up soon though.

19. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Chapter One

The Lake of Kinmo could be seen just off to the right side of Rohmar Palace, as one would gaze in that direction with the sunlight dancing down from the heaven like sky in light of the early morning. She had nearly forgotten what this could be like. This peace.

"I still cannot believe that you're here," Elwen Organa gushed happily to her young niece, and then expressed how much with kind words that Leia had nearly forgotten also, "Your father would have been so very proud of you. You're finally standing up for what you were intended for, my niece."

Leia Organa shook her head sadly and gazed forcefully in her aunt direction to express something she still did not understand fully, "You have a young daughter, Elwen. I have no family of my own. I've never been married and I have no plans to do so anytime in the near future. Why don't I just instruct Wenna properly on politics and anything else that she would need knowledge of to succeed you? That way the House of Organa will be of the proper bloodline for future generations."

"Leia," Elwen cried out in shock and took her turn to gaze into Leia's eyes as they walked outside of the Palace gates, "You know damned well that I have never once considered you anything but my brothers child! How could you suggest such a thing?"

"Because, you know, as I, that not every race is like Alderaanians," Leia replied softly, and looked back towards the water before saying, "They could look down on my not being Bail Organa's daughter by blood! Especially, the Emperor!" Leia hissed.

"Our people don't care about such things, and nither should you," Elwen scolded darkly, and guided her along the path back to the Palace gates, "You know better, Leia!"

The sunlight seemed to kiss Leia's long brown hair as she turned to face her aunt again and said soberly, "I know I should. But--I cannot help but feel something over this. I worry!"

"Oh, not you and your "feelings" again," Elwen laughed out loud, and then replied, "You haven't changed since you were a little girl!" Elwen accused.

"Thanks," Leia spat dryly, sounding more like her old self.

"You're ever so welcome, my Queen!"

"Lady Organa, you have visitors," announced a tall guard of Elwen's court that Leia didn't know, as the young man suddenly bursted into the Dinning Hall interrupting Elwen, Leia, and Wenna, from their lunch, "Should I allow them inside?"

Elwen frowned and looked up from her plate, "You know I don't like my and Wenna's meal times being interrupted. Especially with my niece here, now, as well," Elwen scowled.

It wasn't custom to invade family meals on Alderaan. For any reason whats so ever. Elwen demanded to uphold such traditions on the new world as well.

"I'm deeply sorry, milady," the Captain said more softly now and then said, "It's just that the one man is so--so--"

"So what?" Leia demanded.

"Well," the Captain grasped and replied, "So terribly rude!"

"Throw them out then!" Wenna declared happily and with a giggle from her seat at the table.

Leia couldn't help but give a small laugh at her young cousin's wit.

"Make them wait!" Elwen then replied coolly after a glance at her still giggling daughter and niece.

"Yes, my Princess." The Captain was then gone from the Chamber.

20. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I think I know who the rude one is.

I like this story very much.

21. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Great chapter ;)

More.. :D

22. A-Windsor

A-Windsor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    i know who's RUDE!!!!

*giggles*

MORE SOON!

A. Windsor

23. NamelessAlien

NamelessAlien Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 25, 1999
    Will Vader be in this story? [face_blush]

24. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    *bangs head in anguish against keyboard for the line in the beginning paragraph..."Leia's love for Han was never realized"....

25. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Would I write a OT fic without Vader....I don't think I ever have... 8-}

Yes, Vader will be in this one. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.