main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Legend of Black Saber (2nd Anniversary Repost) Updated 7/1

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by the_wandering_shadow, May 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_wandering_shadow

the_wandering_shadow Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2005
    Yay! They're rebelling against that scum!

I figured that would be a nice surprise, well except for the scum ;)

2. the_wandering_shadow

May 16, 2005
    Update...

II

Though quiet, the five-day journey into the heart of nowhere was not at all soothing for Cloudia. She was more than happy to be away from Mersigh, but her longing for Erik was constantly growing. He should have been where Grip was, there to pilot and there to discuss the things that had happened and that would be happening.

The half-Churyen had always felt like she had had an empty spot inside of her, and as she sat there staring at the computer screen, trying to find any record of Drakhsah, the hole felt like it was ripping wider. She sighed, enduring, but just barely hanging on.

Cloudia felt dead until the moment Drakhsah came into view. The planet was odd, silver and glittery except for the occasional blue impressions of water. But as dazzling as it was, the world was nothing like Coruscant. There didn?t seem to be many signs of technology, but apparently there was some, for someone on the planet was trying to contact the Death?s Vein.

Grip flipped the visual comm switch on, something that Erik would have done if he were not floating in the preserving fluids, and two aliens appeared on screen. Their skin was the same metallic shade as the planet?s surface, and though they were very gaunt with spindly limbs, they looked to be about average human height. Both wore simple purple robes, and the one who looked decidedly masculine had shimmering onyx eyes and ruby hair. The one that looked feminine had sapphire eyes and emerald hair.

Then the male spoke. ?I am High Priest Rhaaan of the Zepleen, and this is my secondary, Priestess Taaalsyk. I must ask who you are and why you desire to trespass upon the home of our people.?

Valenteen rose from his commander?s seat and walked a few steps closer to the screen. ?I am Urius Valenteen, and I have no desire to trespass on your people?s home. One of my crewmembers has been kidnapped and I wish to search this world for him.?

?He is not here, Urius Valenteen. Leave us alone,? Priestess Taaalsyk said, her voice icy.

?Whether you think my crewmember is on your planet or not, I would like to look for him. What harm would it do for you to allow my people and I to investigate??

?We despise outsiders. Leave us or we will kill you.?

The High Priest cut his secondary off. ?Silence, Taaalsyk. It will do us no harm unless the deihaaan-mulkhtaul forbids their presence? Urius Valenteen, I kindly ask for you to wait as we kneel before our deihaaan-mulkhtaul. It is he who will decide if you and your people may land.?

?Agreed,? Valenteen said, and the image of the two Zepleen vanished. Then the commander turned to Cloudia. ?Do you sense anything from them, Wandry? Can you tell what exactly this deihaaan-mulkhtaul is??

The half-Churyen felt an odd sensation roll into her, but she didn?t know what it meant, just that it was somewhat different than the tense anger, distrust, and fear she had picked up on while the Zepleen had been talking with Valenteen. So she decided to reach out with the Force, hoping that it would clarify the matter. And then she was jolted.

She could see the Zepleen with resounding clarity, but their image was not on the Death?s Vein?s main screen. It was as if she were in their bleak chamber with them, seeing them kneel at the feet of the being that they obviously thought of as their god, and she had seen this ?god? of theirs before. It was the Dark Jedi that Joparan of Oxine had been taking orders from. Yet there was more to it than that. She could now see the man?s features.

He looked to be about fifty standard years old, he was completely bald, and he had an intricate oval-shaped tattoo stretched horizontally across his forehead. These things alone made Cloudia know that she had seen this man before, way before the vision she?d had containing him on Mersigh, but it was his white eyes which suddenly were engulfed by a void of blackness that made her know that this was the man that had killed her father.

It seemed as if those torturous eyes were grinding into her instead of looking tow

3. the_wandering_shadow

May 16, 2005
  4. the_wandering_shadow

May 16, 2005
    Oh, it's you again.

Up.

5. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Aaah, cliffie! :eek:

Hmmm, evil new aliens, under the control of the dark Jedi... [face_worried] A great start to Act 2! =D=

6. the_wandering_shadow

May 16, 2005
    Aaah, cliffie!

I think the next post will be one too. But it doesn't usually happen often.

Hmmm, evil new aliens, under the control of the dark Jedi... A great start to Act 2!

Thanks.

7. the_wandering_shadow

May 16, 2005
    Next update....

A tight, unwavering smile was locked on Tasha Sumrac?s lips as she fired on the commander?s vessel and then on her real target. There was no losing this one, she knew. The moment she?d found out where Elian Riggs had been hiding was the moment she?d tasted victory.

Soon he would be dead, and she would be richer and the cement that locked her to Count Melox T?zarn would solidify even more. Admittedly, though, the latter was not very desirable, even when Tasha considered his expansive, somewhat illegally gained fortune.

After her third shot slammed home, the voice of the Death Fleet?s commander blasted into her ears. ?Bounty hunter! Cease fire and tell me what you think you?re doing!?

She almost thought of telling him to shut up and stay out of it, that it was none of his business. But in fact it was his business. He owned the ship she desired to tear to shreds for one louse of a crewmember, but he still had to be silent.

She turned the Magnum Laser cannon toward the Death?s Vein, she could take out that ship with one shot, then the Death Ray too, and that?s exactly what she was going to do, until she felt a hand suddenly fall to rest on her armor-clad thigh.

The bounty hunter glared at her XUEdorian passenger, Melox T?zarn. The count smiled back at her, his scum-colored skin looking even more contaminated as he stroked the dangling tentacles of his flesh-goatee.

?Leave the commander be; I?d like to explain what you?re going to do to his battleship and why.? His slimy, gravelly voice might have put most on edge, and though Tasha despised it, she had adjusted.

?You?re intruding on my territory. I don?t like it,? she snapped as she shoved his filthy hand away.

T?zarn?s smile widened and his eyes said, I doubt you?ll be pushing me away later. Tasha knew that was true, but her frequent physical encounters with him were all for business?s sake, and she wouldn?t dare respond to such an unspoken comment right now.

Then he asked, ?Would you like it better if I paid you less?? He gave a sickening laugh. ?I?ll talk to the commander now? Commander, this is Count Melox T?zarn.?

?This is Urius Valenteen, Count. I want to know what?s going on.?

T?zarn couldn?t help but laugh audibly. He could gather that Valenteen was almost snarling. ?Yes, Valenteen. I know of you. I?ve been wanting to strike up a business alliance with your organization for years, but you are very talented in making yourself scarce.?

?I know, but that?s not a concern at the moment. I want you to tell me why you have a bounty hunter firing at my ships.?

?I want to explain everything, I assure you. Of course I don?t know why she hit your precious Death?s Vein; I can only guess that it?s because she?s very excitable, but the Corellian Death Ray was her real target. You see one of the crewmembers, the pilot, has slighted me terribly.?

?Whatever Riggs did to you, handle him elsewhere. Don?t destroy my property or I?ll hold you accountable.?

Tasha felt her fingers flex toward the Magnum?s lever, and T?zarn slapped them away as if she were a child. Despite their great intimacy she hated him, and if he weren?t such a great source of income she would have snapped his neck then and there, then took out the entire Death Fleet just to sooth the rest of her aggression.

Then she felt a sudden, cold pain ram itself inside her head. The mutilating feeling was accompanied by an urgency to set a course for the planet below. Something waited there for her, someone, and she suddenly realized who it was.

She wanted to be anywhere but here, and if T?zarn hadn?t been with her she would have bolted. She didn?t feel like carrying on her family?s legacy of servitude to a Dark Jedi; that?s why she?d become Jutlan?s apprentice, to break that cycle and now?

T?zarn?s voice seemed to bring the bounty hunter out of her moment of anguish.

?You might think of me as wholly detestable, Valenteen, but we are very similar. I would be most unkind if you destroyed a vessel of mine, especially one

8. the_wandering_shadow

May 16, 2005
  9. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Excellent chapter! =D= I can't wait for more!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.