main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends 'The Legend of Black Saber': The Beginning of an Epic (COMPLETED 7/13/03) *Author's Questionare*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by tatooinewizard, May 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tatooinewizard

tatooinewizard Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2003
    HHP: I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I'm glad you brought up Xcelcior's battle with the Jedi. I love that scene, even though the Jedi lose. It's like I spent half the book building up how good the Jedi were, and then Xcelcior went and tore it all to pieces.

2. Cam_Mulonus

Cam_Mulonus Jedi Master star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    In the world of Fan Fiction, there isn't alot that sticks out.

This is an exception.

Legend of the Black Saber is a wonderful, exciting story that truly stands out in the Star Wars Universe. I was especially pleased by the writer's effort to place the story in an era of Star Wars that is completely untouched by any area of published Star wars fiction.

tatooinewizard has a very good ability to create and add things to the Star Wars Universe. From Xcelsior (cool name, BTW) to the Mirsydoghnions (sp?) to the central character of CLoudia Wandry, tatooinewizard has, in essence, created her own universe within the Star Wars Universe.

The plot was well executed, and while I feel it stands as a good stand alone story, it still is just one chapter in a long story that should prove to be a good adventure.

I agree with JediNemesis, my favorite scene was Cloudia's chilling first encounter with Xcelsior. Mainly because I liked what was going on in the scene. But in all fairness, I really think the author's best work was in the climax. Your writing was good throughout the entire fic, but it was extraordinary in the end. Like Nem said, your language is very poetic at times, something that I know is hard to accomplish in a Star Wars tale.

Actually, i have no criticisms for this fic. None that I am not guilty of, anyway.

Excellent job, t-wiz. I look forward to more of your work!

-Cam

3. tatooinewizard

tatooinewizard Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2003
    Post 1,500 for me on these boards, and an up for the heck of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.