main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Amph The Legend of Korra: Sequel/Spin-off to Avatar: The Last Airbender

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthDragon164, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    I really excited for this. Avatar needs to be redeemed because of the epic failure of the movie. I really can't wait for this to happen.

2. Likewater

Likewater Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2009
    Looks like sport firbending has some gear for protection.

I saw this thing on youtube, A dicription of the comicon release. Looks like the main antagonist will use chi-blocking, and tophs daughter is Chief of the metalbending police.

curiouser and curiouser.

3. MasterDillon

MasterDillon Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 28, 2010
    Just saw the Teaser trailer, and this show looks to be even better then the original which I thought wasn't even possible!!!!!!!!!!=D= I used to watch the show and have seen all of the episodes and definently looking foward to seeing the new mini series coming out. It was dissapointing back when they released this in early 2010 that it wouldn't be debuting in that year but it was worth it to hear their coming out with at least 20-30 episodes. Looking foward to seeing Korra unleashing new awesome bending moves. I hope your all as excited as I am.

4. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    Was the movie an epic failure? With all those extremely talented actors who got casted against type because of the sheer awesomeness of their acting abilities? I am shocked! :eek:

5. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 12, 2002
    Nice trailer. Wow you can tell this is gonna be a completely new show and I love it.

6. MasterDillon

MasterDillon Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 28, 2010
    I watch the trailer like almost everyday lol just for the awesome music, and action scenes.

7. Nagai

Nagai Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2010
    When is this coming out?

8. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I usually avoid far-future stories (I hate when characters I like are dead), but I can't help being a little excited about this.

9. Nagai

Nagai Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2010
    Lets hope they drop the steam-tech.

10. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 12, 2002
    Just curious but why is that? Im sure there will be alot of advancment in the passing 100 yrs from the Series 1 machines if thats what it is?

11. Likewater

Likewater Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2009
    Just Picked up Avatar the last Airbender "The Promise"

it seems like the Firenation Colonies, are the primary reason why "Republic City" was founded, as Zuko is nearly assassinated By a Firenation colonial loyalist, who turns out to be an Earthbender.

12. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 7

Oct 13, 2003
    new preview of the second part of the new Korra comic book series...

https://www.pastemagazine.com/artic...e-spirit-world-is-revealed-in-the-legend.html

The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars Part Two
    Writer: Michael Dante Dimartino
    Artist: Irene Koh
    Recovering from a fight with the dragon-eel spirit and furious for revenge, Triple Threats member Tokuga solidifies his ties with the duplicitous Wonyong. Meanwhile, when Republic City’s housing crisis reaches its peak, Zhu Li sets her sights on the biggest public figure in the city-President Raiko—in a bid for the presidency! With her friend’s success, the future of the spirit portal, and the wellbeing of Republic City’s citizens at stake, can Korra remain neutral and fulfill her duties as the Avatar? Written by series co-creator Michael Dante DiMartino and drawn by Irene Koh (TMNT, Afrina and the Glass Coffin), with consultation by Bryan Konietzko, this is the official continuation of The Legend of Korra!

a few of the preview pages (not all of them)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]