main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph ATLA and The Legend of Korra (ATLA live action remake coming Feb 2024)

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthDragon164, Jul 17, 2010.

1. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Going by most fiction I'm guessing the answer to 3 is a new strongman/strongwoman dictator/monarch is appointed, but it's okay because it's a well liked character so everyone will overlook the fact there is no actual reform of the broken system that is the Earth Kingdom and everything will inevitably return to the same corrupt nightmare it was pre-season 3.

2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    [​IMG]

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  3. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    "Remembrances" will consist almost entirely of footage from old episodes. But they do have a fairly good reason for it.

4. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Well that's it then. I will have to stop watching Korra. Years from now I'll look up on wikipedia how it ended.

5. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    At first, I hated that it was a clip show, but then read the news that it was due to budget cuts, so it ended up being just another way Nick (or whoever) has been trying to ruin the show. The Ember Island Players back in TLA were funny, this... I appreciate that they tried, but especially after last week's slow episode, this episode felt really boring. Too bad they couldn't have cut the season down by one episode... or maybe cut out last week's episode too, since that didn't contribute much either.

A few funny moments (the voice actors were still fine, and the Varrick parts were still the best of course, especially with how they rewrites the second season, and sadly his version kind of makes more sense than the actual second season did), but still, ugh, clip show. Even worse that I was stuck watching it on Nick's sub-par player, so that makes it hard to stick around and actually sit through the whole thing. Back when this was on TV, that made it easier to skip to the good parts.

6. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    Yeah, this episode was pretty wasteful, but I have a hard time trying to hate on it because of the knowledge that this was a result of ANOTHER Nickelodeon screw-up.

cdgodin and Ghost like this.
  7. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Varrick made it work. I loved Zombie Amon.

I have to be honest though, I'm surprised they didn't just use the clip show bits to solve Korra's issues. Seems like literally the easiest way to use the clips and have it mean something. [face_dunno]

8. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Usually when I say an episode is awful, it's because they are mistreating Kuvira. This, by contrast, was just legitimately terrible to sit through. Having read that letter, I guess I understand what happened. But if you haven't at the time of this reading, you certainly shouldn't go watch this episode at any point ever in the future.

9. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Yeah, I'm not watching this.

10. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Eh, it's better than no episode at all--which was the other option. Just think of it as a Bonus Feature rather than a regular episode.

cdgodin and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  11. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    So I guess it's official. Nick is the true villain of this season, not Kuvira. I guess we owe Wocky an apology.

12. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Nick is such a d*ck.

Anyways, I really liked the in-jokes on this episode, like with unpopular Unalaq and Grandma learning about the love triangle. And it served as a good reminder of the last three seasons, helping to tie it all together some more.

Now there's only 4-5 episodes left. So with this being the Ember Island Players, does this mean the next 4-5 episodes will all be the Finale? Like it was with ATLA?

13. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    If Kuvira can break out of the TV and fourth wall and conquer Nickelodeon, I will totally start supporting Kuvira and suggest the idea of "All Hail the Great Uniter" T-Shirts, and a Kuvira Pez Dispenser. Also patent "Kuviros" with real metal filling in every spoonful.

CooperTFN likes this.
  14. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    That evil Nickelodeon. How dare they cut budgets when a show's ratings are going down.

15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    That's cool that they did what they could with limited resources.

Also, I loved the tacit reference to "Bad-Pun Amon".

16. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    The preview looks interesting, with the Spirit Vines waking up and not being too happy...

17. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Where are you getting these "previews" from? You talk about them every week, and I've literally never known what you are referencing.

18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Same place the episodes come from. ;)

Ghost and CooperTFN like this.
  19. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Well, I can't say I didn't enjoy that episode. I got a laugh at Grandma Mako (who I am convinced was at least partially based on Jello), Wu, and the cousin giving Mako grief over his inept handling of personal relationships. The Terror Square (TM Verrick Industries) was also really funny, probably the best part of the episode. Honestly, I think the creators made the best out of a bad situation. I'd rather have one (admittedly humorous) recap episode with a little bit of character growth than have then entire season/finale suffer due to Nick deciding to be a ***** at the last minute.

Speaking of the finale, Nick's twitter is reporting that the finale will be released on Dec 19. So I'm guessing they plan on releasing the last two episodes that day, otherwise it should have said Dec 26 if they were sticking to the one episode a week plan.

20. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Nick has decided to move Korra back to cable for last episodes.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  21. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    They're just trying to crap on Korra as much as they can at this point.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Mia Mesharad and Darth Xalfrea like this.
  22. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    As long as they don't cancel it right before the finale...

23. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    When there are poor ratings for the finale on TV they'll probably use it as justification for their decision to take Korra off the air. Not like putting only the finale (or only the last half of the season) on TV, with no lead-up to it, probably little to no advertisement, and catching most normal people unaware is going to be why the ratings will probably be poor. :rolleyes:

I wish I still had that channel, but oh well. I heard the news, but I doubt they're going to have commercials for the finale, not at the rate they're going.

24. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I get that people are mad and all, but I still don't think Nick should be blamed that much. Didn't ratings go down starting with Book 2, a normally aired season?

25. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    They didn't advertise Book 2, until maybe a week or two before, and they kept changing the timeslot for it.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.