main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph ATLA and The Legend of Korra (ATLA live action remake coming Feb 2024)

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthDragon164, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    Not exactly. Byran Konietzko's twitter name is Bryan Konietzko, and it has one tweet from 2010. If you look up that Bryke on Twitter, some guy from Philippines comes up. Plus, Asami's name is misspelled.

Maybe they're not confirming it just yet because they like to screw around with expectations.

2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I think we've been pretty chill about Korrasami in here; we're too busy dealing with whatever wocky is.

3. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I really look forward to revisiting the series in the not to distant future from the beginning as I hope it comes to Netflix streaming, or there is a sale on the blu-ray box sets (or maybe a Book 1-4 special edition collection is created/released).

My current thoughts:

I loved the first season probably because it felt like a continuation of "Avatar: The Last Airbender". After all, in Aang's adventure we did get all the elements except Air, so it was really great to see Korra learning to master that element and grow as a person. I know there was complaints about "the ghost in the machine" finale, but I didn't mind it and I felt that there was something spiritual going on that we, the audience, did not yet understand.

Therefore, it makes sense to me that the logical next step, after the avatar is a master all four elements, would be a spiritual journey. I remember little teases of the spirit world during A:TLA and I have a craving for more of that. It was really awesome seeing Wan and getting an understanding from the very beginning, but then all that interesting potential storyline was torn away never to return. I remember being very confused at the end of the second season, but still being interested on what changed in the world.

Four new anagonists are introduced and random people seem to gain the power to bend, but only air. Why only air? I don't remember it ever being discussed. There is an existence of a group, opposite of the White Lotus, called the Red Lotus. What was their plan? I'm not really sure. Are there still members of their group in the universe? ::shrug.:: It feels like we got more questions than answers in the third season, and the Avatar, who doesn't really know what to do with her life, is almost killed. It definitely felt like things were way out of balance.

So, what will our avatar do to bring the world back into balance? Nothing. Not for a while it seems. She's still messed up after 2 years, I think. There was a random soldier who took it upon herself to fix what was broken, and became power hungry in the process. Where the Fire nation took over after avatar Aang disappeared, it felt like the beginnings of that, but instead with the Earth nation, and I could appreciate that logic. At the end of the day, I guess it's ironic or maybe fitting that Korra destroyed the city that Aang built.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Sadly i doubt it will get to netflix.

5. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    Bryke just confirmed that Korrasami is canon.

6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Very well put. You gotta hand it to those two- they pay very close attention to the general discussions of their show and how their audience reacts to their storytelling. They're a great of example of creators listening to the fans and doing things right- making the right changes, or keeping the right things in their work.

Yodaminch and TheSilentInfluence like this.
  7. skygawker

skygawker Jedi Knight star 3

May 25, 2014
    And Michael DiMartino has confirmed it as well:

8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Sad that they had to confirm it, but very well-written on both Bryan and Mike's parts.

9. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I'm gonna lower the tone.

[​IMG]

10. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
  11. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  12. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    [​IMG]

13. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    Well I'll be. They did it. They actually did it. :)

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  14. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2006

=D=

Given the (now not) subtext from the previous two seasons, that final scene itself, and a few things that they had retweeted/reblogged after the finale, it was pretty clear that was the intent for the last shot, but it is good to hear it in no uncertain terms.

15. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    I now demand all love triangles be ended this way.

cdgodin, Ghost, skygawker and 3 others like this.
  16. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Putting this behind a spoiler for size reasons:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    To funny.

18. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    This is definitely the best way for love triangles to end.

19. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    Actually, I think this is the first time I've ever seen an actual love triangle on a show. All the other ones just make a V.

20. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    What really stuns me is that Dickdelodeon was actually SUPPORTIVE of what Bryke intended for Korra and Asami, lack of a kiss aside.
    So despite their network douchebaggery, I suppose credit can be given where it's due.

21. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    "Oh, this is great! We'll get a lot of good press for this. Now hurry up and conclude your show so we can get back to SpongeBob."

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Pretty much.

23. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    In their defense, Spongebob is still pretty gay.

[​IMG]

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  24. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Now that I've had a couple of days (and viewings) to mull over the finale, I think I can put a few thoughts down about it.

Overall, I like it, and thought it was really well done. The fight against Kuvira's Colossus was really well done, and gave about every character who had a role this season a chance to do something. The fight wasn't just to wail away at it and hope that does it, but to actually use tactics and strategy to bring it down; going from trying to trip it tow cable style, to Varrick's EMP, and to Bolin, Su, and Lin dropping a building on it. The battles inside it were also well done, with Lin and Su (mostly) disabling the Spirit Cannon, Mako and Bolin disabling the spirit power source, and Korra fighting Kuvira on the command deck.

One of the best scenes, I thought, in the whole thing was the conversation Kuvira had with Korra, where it became obvious that they really weren't that much different. Seriously, take what Kuvira says to Korra, and compare it to what Korra herself was saying in the first half of season 2. They both talk about how they want to protect their people, and how no one seemed to care. The fact that Korra uses that similarity to understand her, and talk her down without further violence, really underscores just how much her character has changed from that young, brash, hot-headed Avatar that first came to Republic City.

Ghost likes this.
  25. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    I think we're over due to for a love ouroboros.