main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph ATLA and The Legend of Korra (ATLA live action remake coming Feb 2024)

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthDragon164, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Melon Lord cosplay. Everyone can go home now. :p

[​IMG]

Jedi Merkurian and Everton like this.
  2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Seen it.

And I'll just beat you to it and post a Man-Toph photo.

[​IMG]

3. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
  4. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    ...and what seems to be female Zuko and Aang. Was the actor-Zuko a woman? I forget.

5. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm pretty sure that Zuko was a dude.

6. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Actor-Zuko was a dude.

7. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
  8. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    [face_love] Hauntingly beautiful.

9. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Aww.. I wonder if the Jasmine Dragon is still around in Korra?

10. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Oh, I do hope so. :D And if Korra ever gets to go to Ba Sing Se (and by the way, I'd love to see the modern-day Ba Sing Se), I hope we get to see it as well. I can imagine Zuko checking up on it from time to time after Iroh dies, to make sure the new owner is treating it right... and spending considerable time there once he retires as the Fire Lord and is traveling the world... :)

11. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Around? It's like McDonald's now. Tenzin takes the kids out for Dragon Meals every afternoon.

Ulicus and Togruta like this.
  12. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    If Korra doesn't get to go to Ba Sing Se - so that we can see it - I will consider it a dereliction of duty on behalf of everyone involved with the show. :p

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  13. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    I don't know that Ba Sing Se would be anywhere near as "modern" as Republic City is - not only was it laid out in the old days (less room for traffic), but I get the impression that a big part of the technological advancements seen in Korra are due to the influence of all four cultures.

14. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Of course I don't expect the same level of technological advancement as in RC in other parts of Avatarverse, but some progress must've reached beyond the United Republic. For instance, there were definitely Satomobiles at the South Pole, since Korra was familiar with them (she just hadn't seen so many until she came to RC).

15. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    That's so sad!!

I'd love to see Ba Sing Se, Omashu, and the North Pole 100 years later. I thought Aang's North Pole was gorgeous; I wonder how much has changed/what changes rebuilding made.

16. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    We saw some of the South Pole concept art and it looks awesome!

IIRC Korra does head up to the North Pole in season 2.

17. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Well, she gets to meet her uncle, who is the Chief of the Northern Water Tribe, so it makes sense...

18. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Korra's uncle is Chief of the Northern Water Tribe?

19. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
  20. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I wonder if anything ever happened with Ming and Iroh? Maybe nothing romantic (though with Iroh you never know), but maybe she could've taken over the tea shop or something.

21. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Well I watched all of Korra over the weekend. Meant to watch it sooner as I liked the last Airbender but was just delayed. All in all I liked this one a lot better and that was surprising.

I liked Korra a lot better than Aang, not to say I didn't like Aang but there were times I just wished he'd accept his destiny, kill the fire lord, balance the world, and be done with it, rather than his playful adventures. Needless to say I found Korra's enthusiasm for the role to be very appealing. Honestly I can't say enough about how much I like Korra as a character. Finally someone who when confronted with an enemy has the obvious solution to just go and beat him up. Just love that girl!

Amon was very interesting. I was wondering if he was going to be Tarlok for a time, glad to see they didn't go with that obvious twist. That said I'm probably in the minority on this but I think switching the voices of the lieutenant and Amon may have worked better. Lance Henrickson is too awesome to play a second fiddle bad guy. That said Steve Blum was terrific and did an amazing job with Amon. I just think Lance Henrickson sounds more 'evil'. As to who Amon was... didn't see it coming for sure. But the end with him and his brother... wow. Very glad they went with such a dark and tragic end.

That said after Korra lost her bending and stood on the edge of the cliff I thought for sure she was going to jump off and sacrifice herself so a new avatar could be born without the world having to wait another 100 years for a new one. And although I really like Korra I could honestly understand why she would do it, the last time the world lacked an avatar look what happened. It definitely would've been a real dark ending but at least it would've been a tragic heroic one. That said when I saw Tenzin behind her I figured they weren't going that route and he'd reveal she'd need to spend the next three seasons relearning everything... not an appealing prospect. So when it turned out to be Aang and he restored her bending I was very happy. Even more so when Korra gave Lin her bending back.

I'm looking forward to the next season now that we'll finally have an Avatar and not an avatar in training like we've always had before.

Basically one of the best shows I've seen in a while. Great characters, great plot, great everything. The fact it was so short would be my only criticism.

22. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    Am I the only one here who has mixed feelings about Korra?

darthcaedus1138 and Togruta like this.
  23. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    If by mixed do you mean you can't decide if you think she is 'amazing' or 'awesome' then no you aren't the only one. :p

24. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Korra as a character ir Korra the series? I do about the latter--it's good, but it will never top the original, and I'm not a fan of far-future stories where the characters I love are dead.

25. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    Nah...quite the opposite.;) I don't dislike the show...I'm kinda dissapointed.