main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph ATLA and The Legend of Korra (ATLA live action remake coming Feb 2024)

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthDragon164, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    They look a little jarring, I agree. Somehow not as 'accomplished' as previous spirits... but I'm happy to wait and see them in context. Given the magnificent standard of animation set in Book One (sure to be continued in Two), I find it hard to believe we're gonna be let down. If they look off, then I'm sure it will be for a good reason.

2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Just bought this thing as a birthday gift for the friend who got me into Avatar (that I conveniently get to read in the meantime) and it's gorgeous--enormous pages, annotation that often gets into real detail on the show's real-life influences, and lots of concept art and such. Highly recommended.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  3. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    YESSS!!! :D

[​IMG]

Will be released on 16th July.

Yodaminch and Force Smuggler like this.
  4. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Wow. Did they ever release A:TLA's soundtrack?

5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    No. They did not. Some of the tracks are online though.

6. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Do you know what they did release on TLA?

NEW EPISODES

CooperTFN, NYCitygurl and Rosslcopter like this.
  7. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    These are strange times.

8. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Hopefully, this will motivate them to release one for TLA as well.

9. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    From Bryan Konietzko's blog - mixing Book 2:

[​IMG]
    (the bloke is Varrick, a new character)

10. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    Haru the Third?

Miana Kenobi likes this.
  11. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Dear lord look at that background art. This show just keeps getting prettier and prettier.

12. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Tarrlok's replacement on the Council?

I really hope we get to see more of the world in these seasons.

Togruta likes this.
  13. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    We will. I'm sure.

A little Varrick speculation. We know (as I recall) that he's a captain of industry, a playboy kind of character. Based on his get-up I can buy that. :p However, I'm wondering if he's the Book Two counterpoint to Book One's Hiroshi Sato. Varrick's a successful guy, like Sato, but based on what we little we know of him I wonder if he might come across as superficial (so not immediately trustworthy) or, given the Howard Hughes comparison, maybe a little distant. Maybe he'll be hard to get on with (hard to get to know) if you're not already a trusted friend. But... he's ultimately a good guy, inclined to do the right thing. Sato was the opposite... also a captain of industry, but an outgoing guy. He always seemed very friendly and approachable (people got on with him), but he was ultimately a jack-ass, inclined to do the wrong thing.

14. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Yeah. In the finale, people were all shocked about the suicide-murder with Tarrlok and Amon.

But almost as bad was when Sato actually attempted to murder his own daughter (when everyone thought that if she stayed on the side of the good guys, he would never harm her and perhaps switch sides).

15. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Me, too. It's been confirmed that we'll see more of the Southern Water Tribe (and I think Northern, as well, given the appearance of Korra's uncle who's the NWT chief), plus obviously Republic City again.

Which got me thinking - there are four Books of Korra. The first one took place almost exclusively in RC. Now we know Book 2 will partially take place at the Water Tribe - could this mean that we'll get to go to the Earth Kingdom and the Fire Nation in Books 3 and 4? To mirror Aang's travels somewhat, plus to give us a look at their modern versions. I'd love that.

Togruta and Summer Dreamer like this.
  16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    As long as Grandpa Zuko appears early on. I'd love to see what he's like in this time period, and he's supposedly traveling the world, so it could work.

17. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Oh yeah, absolutely. Zuko MUST make an appearance.

18. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    That was my big disappointment of season one; I thought he'd show up.

19. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Zuko yes, but if he's only going to show up once I don't want it to be in the finale. Generally speaking, finales are full of plot and action and so on, which is cool but would relegate Zuko to a cameo, an underdeveloped contribution. I want Zuko's appearance in TLOK to be extended and thoughtful - not rushed to fit into a finale because that's when 'big' characters typically show up. So a mid-season episode, please, with Zuko enjoying as big a role as any of the New Friends.

NYCitygurl and Mar17swgirl like this.
  20. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    I just don't want him shoehorned in, like I sorta felt Iroh II was. I'd rather they kept Zuko more in the background if he appears, like Katara.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  21. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    I wouldn't even mind if he wasn't 'in' the overall story in any active way. Have an episode where the New Friends visit / encounter him, and where we can really get to know him again - get to know the older man he has become. A 'Zuko' episode. Perhaps a nugget or two of useful information pertaining to the main arc might come to light, but let the focus fall on the man himself.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  22. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    I'd be cool with him playing a part like Aang and Katara have, but I think a Zuko episode might be pushing it.

23. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    The Kataang Kids!

[​IMG]

From a Brian Konietzko tumblr post. I knew they looked similar, but seeing Bumi and Tenzin right next to each other, face on, really underlines the fact they are brothers. In fact, all three siblings have the same eyes. :cool: The accompanying text:

As I mentioned in a previous post, every time a full episode of newly animated “Take 1" footage comes back from the overseas studio Mike, Joaquim, Lauren, Ryu, and I gather to watch it together. Yesterday’s was an ESPECIALLY GOOD one…
    I know it does nothing to abate your frustrations over the delay to hear this, but we are very eager to share Book 2 with you. It is coming. Like winter. Except it won’t last as long as a Westeros winter.

I love and hate that last line. :p

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Bumi's even got the giant eyebrows as well.

Still, any news is good news at this point. I can continue to be patient. :)

25. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    :D :D :D Awesome! Can't wait to see them in action together. Would be nice to see some coordinated air-water attack from Kya and Tenzin. :cool: