main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph ATLA and The Legend of Korra (ATLA live action remake coming Feb 2024)

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthDragon164, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    That a character who is in the last two seasons will appear in the next season is a spoiler? Plus, way to step up there, Mini-Mod :p

EDIT: Love your screen avatar, BTW. Representin' my hometown!

2. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I agree the image isn't screaming "SPOILER", but it is a season 3 image so a spoiler tag doesn't hurt. If you want to see a season 3 image, click it. If you don't, don't. Simple. Plus this thread hasn't been the best about not posting spoiler stuff in the past, so..

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  3. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Well that's daft.

4. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    We really do have an absurd spoiler policy. Officially-released images and information should not be considered spoilers.

5. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    ^Why not? Not everyone checks out that official info.

6. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    But that official info shouldn't be treated as a spoilers. In the past, it wasn't.

Anyways, what are you guys most looking forward to in Book 3: Change?

*I'm hoping we have some Earth-bending villains, the only ones we've ever really had were the Dai Lai at the end of ATLA's book 2. We've had enough water-bending villains. We also haven't seen a lot of masterful Earth-bending in LoK so far, just with Lin in Air.
    * Hopefully with the focus on Lin, her characterization in Spirits will be explained away. I also wonder if maybe she'll run as President of the United Republic?
    * Korra shouldn't have a love interest, but introducing a new character or two to the supporting cast wouldn't hurt. If Mako and Bolin don't fit into the story, they shouldn't be forced in. Same with Tenzin and family, though I want to see more of Jinora and Tenzin's siblings.
    * Corporations have had a major role in LoK so far... with the Spirit World opened up, I wonder if one of the plotlines could be corporations trying to colonize it?
    * Hope we get to see more of the world... the twins' mother at the North Pole, Zuko and his daughter in the modern Fire Nation, Ba Sing Se and Omashu and their current rulers, the Northern Air Temple...
    * After Amon and Vaatu, I wonder what the big threat could possibly be?

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  7. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    ^And?.. It shouldn't count now just because it hasn't before? Again, not everyone reads that official info.

With book 3, I don't know what to expect. More spirits and more characters I didn't care for in book 2 I guess. And Jinora will probably be a Guru. Or at least training to become one.

8. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I think the big thing is the change in the nature of "official release" information. It used to be that there was little promotional material outside of trailers, posters, and lead actors working the interview circuit. However, as the internet has become a more prominent part of life, they've increasingly catered to fans who desire "behind the scenes" coverage. Back during the production of AOTC, this meant a pretty meaningless webcam that was pointed at the wall of some sound stage. Increasingly, though, huge reams of casting information, plot material, and concept sketches are released that would not have been in days bygone. I think it is also fair to say that the volume of this information in this regard can give you a lot fuller picture of the story than older promotional strategies, which didn't focus so much on the production process.

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    The biggest thing is that the inconvenience of putting up a spoiler tag is less than the inconvenience of being spoiled by something you might regard as a spoiler. Perhaps it's annoying, but a little courtesy goes a long way.

Coruscant likes this.
  10. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000

11. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    For the record, I wouldn't care if that image wasn't spoiler-tagged. But if you're going to have a rule about season 3 images being spoiler-tagged, you might as well be consistent about it.

12. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    With the spirits being integrated into society, I'm sure it will make for some interesting stories, but of course, the stories are going to stem from some sort of conflict at the core. When an airplane lands successfully at an airport, that isn't news, but if it crashes then it's on every station.

So I'm guessing there will be some jerk humans as well as some jerk spirits and we'll see what Korra will do to continue to attempt to bring balance to the world because that's her job as avatar. Hopefully she'll do some good and not bumble through it like she did through most of Book 2.

Also, while bringing balance to the world, she will try to find balance in her own life which will probably has something to do with reconnecting with her past lives probably. Maybe there is another tree that Tenzin knows about somewhere that will help her.

As Korra has said, the world has changed and she felt it, so what that means, I have no idea, but hopefully her choices will put into motion the events that will help fix the planet and not hurt it (and frustrate the viewer.)

Lastly, as was mentioned above, we've had 3 seasons of an evil fire bender in Aang's story and now 2 seasons of evil water benders. Since air benders are so few and far between an evil earth bender would be the mostly likely next candadite, I hope. And maybe instead of this villain being defeated/suicide, maybe Team Korra can turn him/her to the "good side", so to speak, and he/she can help earth "bend" the world back to normal...

Ghost likes this.
  13. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    I wonder if spirits are immortal? If so, I hope to see this character again.

[​IMG]

14. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Book 3: Change Facts and Rumours Roundup

- MOAR Lin Beifong! [face_dancing]
    - Moar Grey DeLisle (who will voice a "bad girl" who is a waterbender)
    - Asami and Korra becoming better friends? :)
    - Studio Mir will animate the whole of Book 3. Yes!!!
    - There is an Earth Queen! :D (I hope this means we'll get to see more of Earth Kingdom - since Book 1 was almost exclusively Republic City-centered, Book 2 was mostly Water Tribe-centered, I was sort of assuming that we'll see more of Earth Kingdom in Book 3 and more of Fire Nation in Book 4 - you know, to keep the pattern ;) )

- And most importantly, the wait for Book 3 shouldn't be as long as the wait for Book 2! :D [face_dancing]

Jedi Merkurian , Everton and Ghost like this.
  15. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Given the general power and territoriality of spirits, I can't imagine such a thing lasting more than a few seconds.

I can't help but wonder if the corporations will have anything to sell to spirits though.

16. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    Did Grey deLisle actually have a role in Book Two? I recall a rumor to that effect, but I don't recall ever seeing her name in the credits.

17. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Yes, she was, she was the spider-like spirit.

18. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    Alyson Stoner was supposedly going to voice a character too, named
    Opal.

19. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    Hi Korra! Whatcha dooooin?

20. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    lol Ugh, sounds like a friend for Ikki..

21. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    A Dutch commercial for book 3.. Pretty short, and it's cut off at the end, but it's something.

Ghost likes this.
  22. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    From what I can see, looks pretty damn exciting.

Shirtless, chiseled Tenzin FTW.

23. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    So I read the first book of The Rift..

Satoru:

[​IMG]

Some people think this guy might be Lin's father (in the comic it turns out he's a big Toph fan, and the two seem to like each other). I think he looks too old to be paired with Toph though.. She's what, 12? He looks like he could be 16-17..

Another theory is that he's related to the Sato family. He's into machines and helps run his uncle's refinery business. I guess it's possible..

24. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Very similar name to the Sato family as well....

25. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Anything new going on with The Rift, or with Season 3?

Just watched the season 2 finale again, great music and epic ending! Can't wait to see what they do next.

I think the Avatar world, in Season 1 of LoK was mirroring our own world a little too much. Bending was becoming standardized or unnecessary, the world was losing its magic, and Amon wanted to completely destroy what made the world unique. Even with Amon's defeat, it looked like technology would keep progressing, on a trajectory similar to our own, and eventually be practically identical to any near-future sci-fi version of Earth. Now, with the Spirit World being opened, the magic in the Avatar world has gone from dying a slow but steady death to being back full-force, and now their future probably won't look the same as ours. Though modern technology will probably make humans at least equal to the Spirits so they don't take over again, and humans might even begin to colonize the Spirit World (especially for its healing waters), and that will probably be balanced out by Spirits becoming even more protective of the nature on Earth being destroyed by industrialization and people like Sato and Varrick. But like I said, the "magic" is back full-force. Season 3 should be very interesting!