main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph ATLA and The Legend of Korra (ATLA live action remake coming Feb 2024)

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthDragon164, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Avatar would have been a much better franchise name, but then they've already lost that battle. That said, would anyone really want to alert people to the fact that the two cartoon series and the Shaylaman films are actually part of the same universe?

2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I vote we rename Star Wars "The Last Jedi." It will apply in situations where it doesn't make any sense, such as movies set when there are many, many Jedi. This way, nobody will confuse it with Star Trek.

3. Im_just_guessing

Im_just_guessing Jedi Knight star 7

Oct 23, 2002
    Well, to be fair, there is still only going to be one Airbender. And he seems to be central to the story.

4. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Has there ever been a time in history where there was more than one Avatar? Wasn't that the whole point?

5. Im_just_guessing

Oct 23, 2002
    Last Airbender Wocky, not Last Avatar

6. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000

[image=http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/066/6/d/avatar_jk_tenzin_by_mianakenobi-d3b4vdo.jpg]

7. Im_just_guessing

Oct 23, 2002
    I think I just lol'd up my lunch.

8. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Well, there are definitely going to be at least two Airbenders - Tenzin and Korra (once she's trained). And I think it's very probable that there will be more Airbenders - if Aang and Katara had more children who turned out to be Airbenders, or maybe Aang could use his Energybending to give the Airbending ability to other people (I assume if you can use it to take away the bending ability, then you probably could also use it to give the bending ability to someone who doesn't have it).

And Tenzin (or other hypothetical Airbending children of Aang and Katara) could have Airbending children of his own...

Who's definitely extinct, IMHO, are the flying bisons and the flying lemurs. Unless the world of Avatar developed a cloning technology... :p

9. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Mako...@};-

10. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    So after the confusion between to franchise, due to the similarity of their titles(Avatar/Avatar: The Last Airbender), they're actually going to name their new heroine Korra, when the heroine in the new Tron franchise is named Quorra? I know it's a different spelling, but still.....

11. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    Tron: the Legend of the Last Airbending Nav'i

[face_laugh]

12. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    I hadn't seen Avatar when this thread was first made. I watched the entire series twice since then. I still can't believe I missed a show this good for so long.

The movie made me angry, so I can't wait for another show by people who know WTF they're doing.

The title change is unfortunate. They should keep the "Avatar" in the hopes of sucking in gullible Na'vi-worshippers, instead of driving away anyone who's seen Shyamalan's soulless pointless waste of pixels. IIRC, nobody has the rights to the film/show title Avatar...

13. Im_just_guessing

Oct 23, 2002
    I know Avatars can airbend, but I would think they are counted as Avatars, not Airbenders.

14. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    According to Mike and Bryan, that IS a possibility. They were super vague about it at Comic-Con, so that might mean that we'll learn who Aang gave powers to...

15. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    MO-MO THE EARTHBENDING LEMUR

16. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    I'm certain they named the characted in honour of Mako, which is awesome.

17. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    That was my first thought as well and I thought it was a touching move if true. His last episode of the previous series is still one of the most touching of all.

18. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    OK, this is still TLA stuff, but since the old thread is locked now...

[image=http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a377/BooterFreak123/iRoh.gif]

:p

19. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
  20. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    [face_laugh]

21. Im_just_guessing

Oct 23, 2002
    Damn it, here I was getting excited for more show information. How dare you up this thread without news! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!

22. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Did you guys know about this?

Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Lost Adventures

Published in 27 July 2011, it will feature all the previously published comics, plus additional 70 pages of never-before-seen material (26 new stories).

But what's more interesting is this:

:D :D :D So apparently, Book 4 will really be a book. :p And it sounds pretty exciting. Hopefully they'll explain what happened to Ursa...

23. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Looking forward to see more of Pandora. Glad they're not rushing a sequel.

24. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Every time I see this thread bumped I get worried it's been cancelled. We need more news!

That's pretty cool. I wonder if it will have a big jump in time, so we can see Aang and Katara as young parents. They definitely need to answer what happened with Zuko's mother. Azula is still a wildcard and could still be trouble if she ever escapes.

Wrong franchise :p

25. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    You think he doesn't know that? :p