main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The less intimidating *NEW* Official Welcome to the Forum Thread!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Mace Windy, May 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    Who would have thought that in the time between the release of the final Attack of the Clone trailer, and ten days before the release of the film, so many new members would join our ranks here in the spoiler free forum? The number of newcomers to our board has been exciting and refreshing, and I am sure that we are all looking forward to meeting even more Star Wars fans who desire to remain spoiler-free, just like us. :D

The thought process behind the original thread was a simple one. I have always told members that I felt that this forum was the most tight knit community on the entire JC boards. Keeping with the theme of community, I feel as though it will be easier to keep ourselves a community by allowing any new members who wish to take advantage of the oppertunity, to sign in, and introduce themselves to the rest of the group. Hopefully with this new, improved thread, with less replies, no new member will feel too intimidated to jump right into things! :)

So any new members that plan on making the NS board their home, feel free to use this thread to introduce yourself to us. Just tell us a little about yourself, and I'm sure that you'll be greeted with several enthusiastic "hellos" from your fellow forum members, your new non-spoiler family. :)

Perhaps you are a spoiled member who wishes to become spoiler-free for Episode III? Don't be shy! We'd love to hear from you as well. The same rules apply. Just tell us a little about yourself, and you'll be all set as a non-spoiler member! :)

I encourage you all to check out the original Welcome Thread! to get familiar with your fellow forum members who have previously introduced themselves to the group.

As follows are the rules, regulations, and just general tips about the forum, and posting in general from a very generous member named Silmarillion. Send her a PM to thank her if you have a chance!

The NEW STAR WARS: Episode II, Attack of the Clones Ultimate Reference Thread is here! This is a very long thread, but it is invaluable knowledge for new and old posters alike! I encourage everyone to read it in its entirety! To help you get through, Padme will be appearing at certain intervals, so keep reading!

2. For technical questions regarding the boards, check out the FAQ, here.

3. Congratulations on making it this far! -- Here's Padme in her Blue Tatooine Outfit.

A Small Note From Jedi Master Yoda
    Dear Galacitc Citizen,

Probably one of the best things to know if you get lost in this dangerous place, is that we have Jedi who look after this forum, protecting you from the evil clutches of the Confederacy of Independent Systems;

Mr.P, Oakessteve and Son of the Suns

Should you ever get lost, or find some bounty hunter trying to assassinate you, or have some nasty massif nipping at your heel, please contact them. They are your guardians of peace and justice in this corner of the Galaxy. Of course, there are other members who are willing to help you. If you have a problem, just ask. Most will attempt to assist you as soon as they possibly can!

Jedi Master, Yoda
    Jedi Council,
    Coruscant

*** NEW MEMBER QUESTIONS ***

QUESTION #1: As a new member, what should I do first?

Excellent question! The first thing you should do is: wait! That?s right, it?s a little anti-climactic, sure, but it?s well-

4. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    *Sniff*

Aww, I'll kinda miss the ol' thread.

*Sniff*

But, alas! Life goes on. :) Welcome, folks! We're glad you're here, and listen to what Windy said. We are a close group in here. No where else on the boards will you find a family like ours.

Welcome aboard! :)

5. Patches

Patches Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2002
    *sigh*

The leagacy of my first post....locked :(

But really, it's a good idea to introduce yourself here. It might seem like a big deal, but it's really not and I'm sure you'll find everyone to be extremely nice! :)

6. Radiohead

Radiohead Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Welcome to the newbies! Remember to have fun... and stay away from spoilers.

7. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    I've already been slightly spoiled for Ep. 3. I was so mad. Stay away from some of the reports from the Celebration. But beyond that, I will not read anything else until Ep. 3 is out(which is going to be incredibly hard for me).

Anyway, I've only be here for a little while but thanks to everyone for making me feel so welcome! :)

8. cuvuhguh

cuvuhguh Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    Hi. I'm Anne. I feel kind of stupid registering 9 days before AOTC opens, but, hey, don't judge me just on that. :) I've loved Star Wars for as long as I can remember, and I'm dying to see AOTC. I'm very glad to have found this spoiler-free community since the internet can hold spoilers at every turn. Anyway, I'm glad to be here, and I hope to get to know you all very soon. I already know cbjedi from Mugglenet (Hi cbjedi!), so that makes me feel a little less lost. Anyway, hi. :)

9. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    "Sil is a girl. And a pretty one at that. Don't you ever go into the PSA forum Windy??"

A girl who enjoys looking at pictures of Padme. :eek:

Seriously, who could blame me for making that assumption....

Sorry Sil. [face_blush]

Anyway, welcome to the fourm Anne! I am glad that this thread is being used so soon after its opening! I hope that you enjoy yourself and stick around long after the release of Episode III. :)

:cool: Mace Windy,
    windier than the signature feature!

10. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Hey Anne! Glad to meet you. I seriously just can't wait a second longer until AotC either. I've been slacking off in school juse because I can't concentrate on anything but Star Wars any more.

And what do you do at Mugglenet? I love that site; I go there all the time.

11. cuvuhguh

cuvuhguh Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    Thanks for the welcome, Adi_Gallia_9! I'm a moderator on Mugglenet's forums. I've been working with the staff there for almost a year now. :)

Yeah, school has gone down the tubes for me too. I spent all of my 6th hour today drawing a countdown on my teacher's board with a perfect Star Wars logo. I'm not much of an artist, so it didn't come out as well as I would have liked. But I'm still proud of it. :)

12. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    Welcome Anne! Glad to have you.

Man Mace why did you have to kill the old thread when you did. Right after I post my 1000th post there. I was saving it for that thread. You will pay for this outrage. ;)

13. JakeSpencer

JakeSpencer Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2002
    Hi everyone,

I'm Jake. I've been lurking around for about a month in here, and I figured I'd introduce myself. I'm not completely spoiler free, (I didn't realize how evil spoilers were until too late) but I don't want to be any more spoiled than I already am, so I read in here mostly. I've already bought my tickets for the 12:01 showing here in Oklahoma City, and I'm crazy with anticipation for AOTC. :D

TTFN,
    Jake

14. DeltaJedi

DeltaJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    Oh, how friendly! =D

I'm Matt, I'm at school down at Tulane University in New Orleans, LA until Thursday, and then I'm back home in Cincinnati until next term.

Golly...I've loved Star Wars since I was a wee 'un, and I think AotC is gonna be rockin' it like none other! I'm spoiler-free because that's the way to be as far as I'm concerned (I grew up pretty much having the OT memorized before I could even spell "Memorize" so I really love not knowing what's happening in the new movies. E1 was like a dream come true in that regard).

So, ummm...I think I'll be staying.

:)

15. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    No, no. The Padme pics are there because that's what about 50% of PSA is about. :p

16. BrownCow1138

BrownCow1138 Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2002
    Welcome Jake, and the other new members!
    Props to Windy for making a fresh welcome thread. I'm sure the newbies appreciate not having to read through all 11 pages or so of the original thread (I should know, I did it all in one go).
    He's right you know, even though I don't post very often, I really feel like a part of a community just by reading these forums.

So welcome to all, enjoy your stay, and AOTC will be here before you know it!

17. Jaina02

Jaina02 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 1999
    Hi to all the Newbies! Great to have you at the boards!!!! It's great to see you here and sooooo excited about Episode II!!!

Don't forget- NO SPOILERS!

May the Force be with y'all!

18. wedge3210

wedge3210 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 7, 1999
    I guess I'm technically a newbie here in that no-one really knows me. I've been hanging around the place for near on 3 years and haven't dabbled too much in the Prequel propaganda. I've just watched others dabble in it.

I am looking forward to next Tuesday night and the little fact that I'll get to see a few hours before the Americans.

:)

19. Oakessteve

Oakessteve Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 9, 1999
    Hello there, everybody! I'm one of the moderators on these boards. If you have any questions please message me, and I won't hesitate to ignore your message, and start posting threads on why 1941 is the greatest film ever made. Err...I mean, I'll reply to your message straight away! Yeah, that's what I meant. Oh look, a friendly bee!

20. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    I'm with Wedge, :p to the Americans. :D

In all seriousness, welcome to all the newbies, I only started posting here myself a little while ago after venturing outside of my local FF board in search of more interesting discussion. (Psst, Wedge, don't tell the guys in Aus Gen I said that. ;) )

21. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Aww, does this mean that Niktos, Gay-Len and I can't pretend to be newbies anymore? Where's the fun in that?

22. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    Awww, I hear ya Queenie. Maybe Steve and cbjedi will let us play anyways. ;)

Welcome all newbies! Its so great to see so many other people staying spoiler free. It's getting very tough these days. Temptation is everywhere, and we are sooooo close to the opening of AOTC. Lets all cross our fingers that there isn't another spoiler ambush like with the TPM soundtrack in '99. Oh, and be sure to check ou the AOTC Defence Force. Don't let the name fool ya, we mostly chat about AOTC, Spielberg (I'll never get it right, Steve ;) ), and the construction of clones for our own (completely innocent, I swear!) services. The link is in my signature.

I hope to see you guys around the JC. Stay strong and spoiler free! :D
    (That rhymed!)

Rick McCallum Loves me! [face_love]

23. NiktosRule

May 8, 2001
    Welcome Wedge, Delta Jedi, and Jake Spencer! Glad to have you guys here. It is really a great board and I hope you have a lot of fun here.

24. Jangully-Fett

Jangully-Fett Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2002
    What's up everyone. Although I just registered (9 days before AOTC), I'm just chillin'. Now I find myself just counting down the days until May 16. I can't wait!

25. Patches

Patches Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2002
    Welcome to the forum, Jangully-Fett. I'm doin' the same :cool:

26. MatRags

MatRags Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    Welcome Jangully-Fett! This is a kewl place to "chill". :) Enjoy your stay. :D

27. NiktosRule

May 8, 2001
    Welcome Jangully-Fett! Good to have you around. I hope you enjoy your time on this board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.