main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The less intimidating *NEW* Official Welcome to the Forum Thread!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Mace Windy, May 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hollow-Man

Hollow-Man Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2002
    Hi everyone. Been coming to theforce.net for years, but finally got around to registering at the forums.

I'm one of those old people that's been a fan of Star Wars since 1977 (I was 7 when it came out). I've got my 12:01 ticket and am just dying to see the flick.

I am attempting to stay quite spoiler free. I have indulged in the trailers and TV spots, and listened to about half the soundtrack once (although I avoided the inside pictures and the song titles). I also have the "Art of" book, but it's still in the bag. Can't wait to look at the artwork and the script after I see the movie.

-HM

2. Patches

Patches Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2002
    Welcome, Hollow-Man! :)

Wow, midnight showing and ANH in the theater? I envy you...

And don't worry about that stuff you've seen. A lot of the forum regulars have stumbled across stuff a lot worse than that. You should be fine :)

3. Hollow-Man

May 7, 2002
    I'm a supra-fanboy. When you see Star Wars as a 7 year old boy, it can have that kind of effect on you. :)

I'm not too concerned with regards to what I've seen in trailers. I watched them because I like to have a little information, but not all of it. What George is willing to tease me with is fair game, but knowing the whole story, ack!

-HM

4. AniaNaberrie

AniaNaberrie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2001
    I'm back everybody! Why? Because, well... I was weak. I was spoiled for AOTC until the big spoilers started coming out. Then I ran and hid in here... About 6 months ago I caved to temptation and returned to the spoiler forum. Anyway, I'm back again until Episode 3! I will need help from my old friends here to stick it out... I can't cave in again! Then again, I'm not even sure if anyone here remembers me :( :) :( :) :( :) :( :) ah well, hopefully somebody does... So if you see me start to waver towards the spoiler side... STOP ME AT ALL COSTS! I know you all can't really do anything, but I need all the help I can get. Spoiler Free for Episode 3!!!

5. ArtificialStupidity

ArtificialStupidity Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2002
    A spectacular representation of the basic rules and the introduction of this forum, as always. Thank you Mace Windy - for the post was entertaining, filled with valuable information and easy read - even considering it's impressive lenght :)

I am not exactly a newcomer to this Message-Board; for I used to post under the username of Starfox. As I had my long-winded break, and general decrease of interest towards Message-Boards, I slowly ceased to exist. I decided to re-register under a different identity; as to sign the older regulars and newer members alike that this is a new beginning for me.

And that is one reason for why I presented my background. I consider myself introduced; and I am sure that I can feel welcomed - for the atmosphere has always been kind and delightful around the corners of this Forum :)

Greetings, fellow JediCouncil fanatics! I will wait forward to get re-placed into the wonderful community that inhabits this Message-Board :D

6. AniaNaberrie

Jan 25, 2001
    WOW... I just posted in the Episode 2 Spoiler Forum that I was going SpFree for E3, and I'm amazed... There are TONS of spoiled people who are planning to go spoiler free for 3! They haven't posted here yet, but when 2 is released, get ready for a flood! You will all now know of YodaoftheSith's famous poop threads... If you don't know to what I refer, you'll know soon enough...

7. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    Welcome back AniaNaberrie! Don't worry, I still remember you. Actually, I remember that you were a member that I quite liked in the past. :)

In addition, I am very happy to hear that so many of the Spoiler crowd have "seen the light" and will be joining our side for the next installment. Spread the word that they are all welcome! :)

:cool: Mace Windy,
    windier than the signature!

8. AniaNaberrie

Jan 25, 2001
    Woohoo!!! :) *Happy Dance*

9. Oakessteve

Oakessteve Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 9, 1999
    Very recently I have been badly spoiled, which is a great shame seeing as how close we are, but anyhow, welcome everybody...apart from Mace Windy, of course.

10. AniaNaberrie

Jan 25, 2001
    By my count, there are at least 25 spoilerees who should be showing up here around the 17th *grin* *happy dance*

11. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    Welcome Hollow Man. Nice to see you Artificial Stupidity.

Welcome back to the spoiler free side Ani. It is the better side and the side that allows you to enjoy the movie more.

12. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Hi to all the new people! :)

It's awesome so many people are going spoiler free. While its incredibly hard to do (I already know far more than I planned on about AotC), going into a movie spoiler free makes it so exciting. Anything can happen and you'll be totally blown away.

Only 6 days left!

13. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    I'm so glad this board won't be disappearing.

Silly Steve went and read the novel, so I cannot pity you. ;) :)

14. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    Hello! I'm extremely spoiled for Ep. II (unfortunately :mad: ) I have decided that I want to see at least one prequel movie without any spoilers, so I guess this is my last chance. :) Oh how can I do this...

15. Patches

Mar 4, 2002
    I'm glad you decided to go spoiler-free, Obi-Wan's Apparition! :) Don't worry, it's really not that hard to avoid spoilers (well, as long as they tone the toy spoilerage down a litte ;) )

16. DarthKnight

DarthKnight Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2002
    New guy here. Love the forum and wanted to sign up long ago, but never had the chance. With my new job, I have plenty of spare time now. Note to everyone, ATTACK OF THE CLONES is one of the best movies I have ever seen and you all are in for many surprises!! Seeing this movie, makes me appreciate Phantom Menace even more than I already did. I am sure it will do the same for those who didn't like TPM.

Later.

17. Hollow-Man

May 7, 2002
    Only a bit over a day and 7 hours before I see AotC, yay!

Still hanging in there with very little information about the film. It's getting tough with all the stuff on theforce.net's home page, plus reviews and news articles popping up everywhere on the web, but not much more time to go...

-HM

18. JediCulture

JediCulture Jedi Master

May 4, 2002
    Greetings!

I've been a bit of a voyer here for a couple of years, but have finally taken the plunge to sign myself up.

I saw ANH when in 1979 when I was 7 and have been a huge fan ever since.

I have to wait until Friday evening to see AOTC, but after three years I guess one more day isn't going to hurt!

Already I am spoiled far more than I'd like to be and have learnt quite a few lessons on how to remain spoiler-free for the Episode III. Hopefully what I know won't ruin my initial enjoyment too much.

19. slavegirl

slavegirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    Welcome JediCulture, and I hope you enjoy yourself here. :D

20. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Welcome, JediCulture!

So, are we taking bets yet as to how massive the flood of newbies will be after tomorrow? ;)

21. SUPREME_DICTATOR

SUPREME_DICTATOR Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2002
    Hello every body! I am new here too. I joined maybe 3? days before AOTC. I was meaning to before, but didn't get around to it. I have already posted some stuff, and that was before I read this. so if I sounded stupid before, I am sincerely sorry.

I have been slightly spoiled and for this I beg your forgiveness.

anyhoo, if you guys (and girls!) see me out on some other threads feel free to say hi!

Sorry all you jedi, I happen to be a sith, but don't hate me for it! just fight!

hold on there is ice cream being offered to me gotta go and get some bye

Aaaaaahhhhhh, that was gooooood. I like my student council!

-I have darth maul's lightsaber-

22. Patches

Mar 4, 2002
    Welcome to the forum, SUPREME_DICTATOR!

-I have darth maul's lightsaber-

[face_shocked]

I'll be nice 8-}

Queenie: My money's on seven in the next three days. ;)

23. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    Welcome to all the newbies that have posted here today. Glad to have you all here.

24. YodaBaggins

YodaBaggins Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2002
    Hello, all, I just joined a few minutes ago.
    I also have unfortunately been slightly spoiled, but now I'm doing my best to stay as far away from spoilers as possible in this last day. ;)

A little about myself...I've been visiting TF.net for quite a while now, and I've lurked around the forums a bit and thought it was about time to join. I've been a SW fan since I was introduced to it when the special edition movies came out, and I've been hooked ever since. ;)

May the Force be with you all!

25. wookie_fett

wookie_fett Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 28, 2001
    [stands up]
    Hello, my name is wookie_fett and I'm a spoilerholic.

I let Episode II spoilers take over my life. But with your help I hope to stay spolier free for EP III.

We must stay strong fellow recovering spoilerholics!
    [sits down]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.