main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga --- The Lesson --- A short one post story. Obi-Wan and Anakin

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gkilkenny, Dec 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Title: The Lesson.
    Author: Gkilkenny
    Plot: None
    Timeframe: Winter

Obi-Wan was still getting used to being a Master, and his young Padawan Anakin was still getting used to lessons, he was behind other Padawan?s of his age group, and Anakin was prone to outbursts of tears. Especially when others laughed at his lack of concentration.

Solstice time was approaching, it was a time when the Sun of Corruscant was at it furthest away from the planet, bringing cold winds and snow, it was a time to rejoice, and a time to remember the good times and good friends.

Anakin came storming in the door nearly knocking it off its hinges. ?I hate those Padawan?s, why do I have to go with them to learn?. why can?t you teach me?" he slammed his books on the table which was set for the evening meal.

Obi-Wan sighed. ?What?s wrong now Anakin??

?I was in the engineering class? and it was boring?.they were discussing the plans for a pod racer and how to put one together... I already know how to build one? and race it too.? he slumped down at the table. ?Anyway I was looking out the window and it was snowing? it was snowing Master! and because I have never seen snow before I wasn?t concentrating on the class, and the teacher asked me a question?

Obi-Wan waited for him to continue, however when he didn?t Obi-Wan asked. ?So what happened??

?Well I didn?t know the answer, and they all laughed at me.?

?Then perhaps you do not know everything about pod racers, and you should have been concentrating on the class instead of the snow, if you didn?t know the answer Padawan??

?That?s just the point Master, the teacher wouldn?t tell me the question again, and if he had repeated the question I would have known the answer. One of the Padawan?s told me what the question was after class, and I knew the answer. ?It?s not fair? he snapped and he got up of the chair and paced back and forth cursing!

Obi-Wan shrugged his shoulders and thought. (Oh Master, I am not ready for this, I don?t know what to do to make him happy, I wish you were here, you would know what to do)

Abruptly Obi-Wan?s memory returned to a time when he was in class and he was looking out the window, it was a similar event. Obi-Wan had just returned from a mission to Alderaan, it had been a long and very educational experience for Obi-Wan and he knew everything there was about the culture of that planet. So he stopped listening to the teacher, and watched the water cascading down the rocks into the pond.

It was so relaxing that he fell asleep. He woke up to the sound of laughter and realised everyone in the class except the Teacher was laughing at him. He had felt so humiliated and stormed home to tell Qui-Gon. His Master listened to him and when he was finished throwing his temper tantrum, he remembered what Qui-Gon did??.

Obi-Wan crossed the room to where Anakin was standing looking out the window at the snow. He stood behind him and put his hands on the boys trembling shoulders, his anger was still visible by the tremors.
    He gentle turned Anakin around to face him. The boy?s eyes were down cast, and he put his hand gentle under his chin and lifted his face up. Anakin looked at Obi-Wan, whose face was filled with concern, something Anakin hadn?t really seen on Obi-Wan?s face before.

?Come here Padawan? Obi-Wan whispered and pulled Anakin into a secure hug and rubbed the boys back. Anakin was stunned; Obi-Wan had never held him before. It felt wonderful and Anakin felt like crying and he did. Obi-Wan continued to caress him until the tears abated, and then he whispered to Anakin. ?Close your eyes and wait here Padawan, I will be right back. Anakin did as he was told, as he was still stunned that Obi-Wan had just cuddled him.

A heaviness on his shoulders made him open his eyes and Obi-Wan had his winter robe on and had put Anakin?s around the boys shoulders. He looked down and said ?Where are we going Master??

?Some where together Padawan? Obi-Wan remarked as he took Anakin out the door. As they reached the door to the ga

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I suppose even Jedi children can be mean.

Love the story abut Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon in the pond and Anakin asking about Qui-Gon being happy in the Force. [face_love]

Very nicely done Gkilkenny. :D :D :D

3. Luminara_Kenobi

Luminara_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 6, 2006
    [face_love] Awwwww--sweet! Ani and Obi are so cute here...I love moments like this!

4. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    Aw, [face_love] so sweet. I enjoyed this!

Loved the ending! :D

=D= Well done.

5. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

Healer LeonaThank you [:D]

Luminara_Kenobi Obi-Wan is cute in any position.[face_batting] Thanks for your review

Kestrel_Kenobi Thanks. I dont usually write mush with Anakin and Obi but the plot just came to me.[face_laugh]

6. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awwww...that was so sweet

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

I love that Obi-Wan knew the perfect way to lift Anakin's spirits.

Very nice job on this

=D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

7. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

KELIA Thank you[:D]

8. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    awww, so sweet! Love how Obi drew on his memories of Qui to comfort Anakin. Hope the Master gave the other padawans something to think about, not acting Jedi-like.

Nice sweet story!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.