side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Arwen

Jedi_Arwen Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2001
    I got the idea for this story from a thread I happened to be browsing (or lurking, whatever you wanna call it) in one day: "Letters that will Never be Read," I think it was called. I'm not much of a fan of Ani/Ami romance (that will probably change as soon as Episode II comes out), so I kinda twisted and tweaked the plot bunny around to be about Qui-Gon and his love, Tinúviel...
    ???
    THE LETTERS
    ???
    Luke Skywalker was lost in his past as he walked into Ben Kenobi?s hut. Here, before the New Republic was alive, even before he had known anything about his destiny, ?crazy old Ben? had given him his first glimpse of the legendary Jedi. It seemed so long ago since he had been here... and so long ago since the old man had passed on...
    Luke suddenly found himself with mixed emotions. He had gotten to know a great man here, a wonderful man, a true Jedi Knight, the most perfect (as Luke thought) Jedi that anyone could be. And now Ben, the great Obi-Wan Kenobi, was dead. He had died long ago, right after he had met his sister Leia. But the pain of the unexpected death still stung.
    Luke wandered over to the old trunk where Ben had kept Anakin Skywalker?s lightsaber. Even with all those old memories, he hadn?t forgotten the reason he had come. The New Jedi Order, with him presiding, had decided as a whole to bring anything of the late Obi-Wan?s things that could give them insight to the Force to Yavin 4 for studying. Luke, like many others, suspected there could be hidden treasures from the legendary Jedi Temple that was on Coruscant so long ago stuck into little nooks and crannies in the sand-weathered hut. So Luke decided that the trunk was a good place to start.
    As he knelt down beside the trunk and carefully opened the lid, old, dusty smells mixed with familiar scents wafted out to greet him. So many memories...
    Luke started carefully digging through Old Ben?s treasures. There were many things, some completely unimportant, some, as Luke knew, old keepsakes. He took out a beautiful polished river stone, a beautiful deep blue, and as he held it he felt refreshed. It seemed to give him instant connection to the Living Force. He decided that he would have to take this back, and see if he couldn?t find what it was for.
    As he went throught the big box, his hand rested on a bundle of cloth. Carefully taking it out, he brought it over to the table and cautiously unfolded it. Inside he found a bundle of papers. Letters, on second glance. They looked old, they were yellowed with age. Luke thought, with excitement, that they must be before the war. Maybe way before the war. He started reading, and gasped.

Tinúviel la Rivienn.
    Tinúviel Jinn.
    Tinúviel la Rivienn Jinn.
    Jedi Tinúviel Jinn.
    Qui-Gon and Tinúviel Jinn.
    Qui-Gon + Tinúviel.

???
    Hope that's a good start...

2. Luke_and_Mara_4ever

Luke_and_Mara_4ever Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    That was an excellent start, Arwen! I'm looking forward to more of this!

3. SiriGallia

SiriGallia Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2001
    *starts jumping up and down!*
    YES YES YOU STARTED IT!!! Great start Arwen, looking forward to more!!!

(funny about the rock, though it was black and red, I suppose it could have altered color with time as well! ;) )

4. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    Very interesting, Arwen! :D You've definitly got my attention! ;)

5. Jedi_Arwen

Feb 28, 2001
    Luke & Mara Forever: Thanks!
    SiriGallia: Thanks! And the rock: I don't remember reading that it was black and red; I always liked to think of it as blue... Oh well. :)
    QueenSabe7: Thanks! I hope it lives up to your expectations!

???
    Dear Tinúviel,
    I know you will never get this letter (I?m hiding it in my quarters), but I just needed to get my feelings out.
    I can do nothing but think of you. You are always on my mind. I cannot even meditate! Oh, Tinúviel, I shall not rest until you are in my arms!
    Master Yoda would certainly look down on such feelings, but at fifteen I think I am old enough to feel them.
    I wonder if you are thinking about me? Am I on your mind as much as you are on mine? Ah, if only I could know for sure!
    Maybe I am crazy to think that someone like you could love me. But I can always dream, can I not?

Qui-Gon Jinn

Luke was stunned at the beauty of the letter. It was in the great Qui-Gon Jinn?s own hand. When the Jedi was only fifteen... Luke wondered if Qui-Gon had finally earned the love of the girl. And he had mentioned Master Yoda! Was Yoda Qui-Gon?s mentor?
    He carefully unfolded the next letter. This one appeared to be written by a different person.

My dearest Qui-Gon,

I feel strange writing a letter like this. Maybe because I have never fallen in love before. But now? I am very much in love, now.
    I would probably die if you actually got this letter. But a secret part of me wishes you would, so I could know the answer to the question that is always on my mind: Do you love me? Do you think about me at all? Because I think about you all the time. I dream about you every night.
    I sit here and I still can?t imagine myself talking this way and using fancy words like these. But I am. I have to search my mind for words to describe these new feelings...
    All I really want right now is for you to hold me; for me to rest in your arms, bury my face in your hair. But what can I do? I am only fifteen. I have no clue what Master Shay?ele would say if she found out about my feelings for you.
    You know, sometimes I think I can catch you staring at me. Oh, I wish it was so. But it?s probably just an idle fancy of a girl who is in love.
    Hopelessly in love with you.

Tinúviel la Rivienn

Luke stared at the letter. He sensed that these Jedi from long ago probably hadn?t wished anybody to find their letters, but apparently Ben had. He picked up the next two, which were tiny notes, and, with a bit of hesitation, started reading the whole stack.

6. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Boy they have it bad ;) I like the way you can word them so poeticly! I wonder how Obi-Wan got them.

P L E A S E
    M
    O R E

-SiriGallia

7. QueenSabe7

Mar 23, 2001
    Great post! :D Cant wait to find out more about Qui-Gon and his love.

8. Jedi_Arwen

Feb 28, 2001
    Thanks, everyone! Here's more:
    ???
    Dear Tinúviel,
    Do you love me? Because I love you.
    Your Secret Admirer

Dear Qui-Gon,
    Yes! More than you could imagine!
    Tinúviel

Dear Tinúviel,
    How are you? I miss you so much already, even though Master Yoda and I have only been gone two days. This dispute here on Celadore is quieting down somewhat. I hope I will be able to see you again within a few days.
    I noticed something interesting here on Celadore. Everyone looks like us? brown hair, most of the time blue eyes? but none of them were half as beautiful as you.
    I sigh as I think of your beautiful face, your shining deep blue eyes that I could easily get lost in, your so perfect lips, everything about you? ah, if I could but only be in your arms this minute! Why is it so hard for me not to see you? I need you now!
    I think back on when we first got together? it seems like it has been more than only a year. Our first kiss was so perfect, so pure. So right. I wonder if this is what the Force means for us. Ah, I hope so.
    Maybe this is too deep for a mere padawan of sixteen.

Qui-Gon

Dear Qui-Gon,
    I was so happy when I got your letter! I miss you so much! Two days down, a few more to go...
    Master Shay?ele gave me quite a talk the other day. Apparently she has noticed that I simply can not concentrate on my work. It is quite true, I am afraid, for I am always thinking about you. Of course she didn?t know why I couldn?t concentrate (she suspects I?m in love with someone, she just doesn?t know who); so she just scolded me for being so clumsy (she would never put it that way, though, she loves me too much).
    Celadore sounds interesting. Maybe when we?re older we can go there sometime. I can?t wait to hear more about it.
    Oh, please come back soon! I don?t think I can stand another day without you here! If you take too long I?ll probably go out of my mind! I love you so much! I need you here!

Tinúviel
    ???

I hope that post was okay, it was kind of if-fy.

9. QueenSabe7

Mar 23, 2001
    It wasnt OK.....it was great! ;)

I love the words you use in the letters. They are so poetic! :D

10. Jedi_Arwen

Feb 28, 2001
    Thank you! Here's some more; it's a short post, my little sister's nagging me for a turn on the computer...

???
    Dear Tinúviel,
    I haven?t felt the need to write to you in nine years; I think after our last letters
    we always felt the need to talk in person. But today, since it is quite impossible to talk to you in person (I am being held hostage in my quarters by a certain Master Yoda who says that I?d best meditate to prepare for my trials), I shall gladly sit down and write a letter as long as Master?s not looking!
    So, I am a bit worried about my trials. Anxious, it seems. I truly wish I could know what will be expected of me, so I could prepare for it! But, of course, I know that that would be idiotic to think that they would tell me! No Jedi can have a whole day to prepare for a surprise lightsaber attack! It just doesn?t work! So I guess I can not understand myself when I start thinking that way?look at me, I?m rambling on and on, and probably thouroughly boring you! I?m sorry, my love, but I just needed to get this out to someone besides my Master (who would only say quietly, ?patience,? which I have but I just seemed to have lost my logic instead, so I?ll just stop rambling on like this).
    I wonder if all young Jedi Padawans are in this sorry state before their trials.
    Sithspit! Master Yoda?s coming! Wish me luck!

Qui-Gon

11. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Sithspit? Why Qui-Gon! ;)

Great post Arwen! I guess your little sister just doesn't understand the loverss important
    letters! :)

I still want to know how Obi-Wan got them!!!

12. QueenSabe7

Mar 23, 2001
    Great post! So Qui-Gon was getting ready for the trials, eh? Sounds cool. Yea, I want to know how Obi ended up with them, too! :D

13. Jedi_Arwen

Feb 28, 2001
    Don't worry, you'll find out. Eventually. [face_devil]
    I'd better get to work on the next section? another post tomorrow.

14. Jedi_Arwen

Feb 28, 2001
    Okay, here we go? this is the first section I haven't pre-written, and I'm a little nervous about it:
    ???
    Dear Qui-Gon,
    Oh, I hope you do good in the trials! I know Master Shay'ele says I'm almost ready for mine, but I definitely am not looking forward to them. I wish I could stay a padawan all my life!
    I wish I could be there with you, cheering you on, sharing your thoughts and feelings. I've been jumpy and on the edge of my seat all day because I'm nervous for you; I can imagine you would feel worse; it's you who's taking the trials!
    I know you'll be fantastic, you always have been the best Jedi I have ever known. Your Master even brags about your lightsaber skills, saying you're his best student (really, I've heard him!)
    But oooh, this is so frustrating, not being able to be there with you!

Tinúviel

Dear Qui-Gon,

How are you? I'm dying to see you. I can't wait another day, yet I know I must. I've been gone too long. I can't understand why the council chose this mission for my new padawan and me.
    Yes, I got a padawan while you were gone on your last mission. Her name's Kiara, and her skills are amazing. I can't wait for you to see her.
    Anyway, this mission is way too complicated. I've never been much for deep politics anyway. It's basically all a bunch of squabbling delegates fighting for the throne of Ord Mantell? I would probably thouroughly bore you with the details. I would rather be anywhere but here at the moment... preferably in your arms. But I suppose that's for later. Right now Kiara's telling me that one of the delegates just demanded us to come to the throne room and crown him king? or something like that. I'd better go.

Tinúviel
    ???
    Tell me if that made any sense.

15. Jedi_Arwen

Feb 28, 2001
    Anyone? Please?

16. QueenSabe7

Mar 23, 2001
    That made perfect sense, Arwen! ;)

So, Tinuviel passed the trials. Good for her! :D I cant wait to read what Qui-Gon had to say about his trials. :) Good work!

17. Jedi_Arwen

Feb 28, 2001
    BTW, these are kind of spaced out over a long period of time, the last one was a few years later, so unfortunately you're not going to hear about the trials. Maybe in a later thread. But I plan to take this one until the Jedi Purge. I hope you're not too dissapointed! [face_blush]

18. Jedi_Arwen

Feb 28, 2001
    Just upping this; another post later.

19. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    The PURGES! Oh must you, I'm going to cry! :_| Why us??? Oh BTW I was just going to mention that I like her Padawan's name!

Keep posting!

--SiriGallia

P.S. Her feelings about the trials sound like my feelings about learning to drive!

20. Jedi_Arwen

Feb 28, 2001
    Thanks! I don't know if I'll be able to post today; a nearby amusement park is having a special Homeschooler Day! No way can I miss out on that. :) So, maybe a post tonight.

21. Jedi_Arwen

Feb 28, 2001
    Okay, this one skips ahead about five years or so (a small note: I never liked the fact that Qui-Gon was supposed to have three apprentices? I always thought he was not quite that old? so I'm going to twist Star Wars history around a bit so Qui-Gon never had any other apprentice before Xanatos. Hope you don't mind too much! :) ):
    ???
    Dear Tinúviel,
    You know how the Council is always nagging me to get an apprentice? Well, I just found the perfect little boy on my mission. He's a little old to be taken in by the Jedi, but he has so much control of the Force that the Council will have to accept him. The only problem is getting his father, the ruler of Telos, to agree for me to take his only child away to be trained. But I'll think of something. I can't wait for you to meet him. His name is Xanatos, and although he is only but one year, he is already very clever.
    I miss you. I shall be coming back soon. As always, you have my love.

Qui-Gon

22. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Great! Yeah I always thought two made the most sence.

23. QueenSabe7

Mar 23, 2001
    Oh Im not disappointed at all, Arwen. I may have been getting a little ahead of myself there! ;)

Great post!

24. Jedi_Arwen

Feb 28, 2001
    OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!! *runs around in a panic* I'm so sorry, everyone!!!! I just have been so busy busy busy busy busy!!! Please don't abandon me!! ;)
    Here we go, I'm so sorry for the wait:
    ???
    Dear Qui-Gon,

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to cause you pain. I spoke without thinking. I agree, Xanatos is one of the best young Jedi initiates I have ever seen. I don't really know what it is that bothers me so much about him. For all I know, he'll probably be one of the best Jedi in the Temple. He's already very intimidating with his skills, and, since you're going to train him (I know you haven't told me, much less anyone, your plans to train him, but I can tell that's what you want), I think he will be one of the most amazing fighters I have ever seen. Except for you, of course. You were always the best, and I think you always will be.
    I wish you were here. I guess it's not like I can't walk a few floors down and find you. Talk to you. I don't know why I'm sitting here in my quarters crying instead. Like that's going to help anything. Kiara will comfort me all she will, and it helps with the pain, but it's just not the same as you. It hurts me so much when I look at us and see the obvious coldness we have had toward each other, all over a young Jedi. I see you in the halls sometimes. I want to talk to you, but I don't want to hurt you again. I never want to hurt you again.
    We used to be so much. I always thought would never cause each other pain. But here we are, hearts torn in two. Why? Why can't we be what we once were?
    Maybe I should talk to you. Please, Qui-Gon, when you read this letter, talk to me. I want to know what I can do to get back in your arms. I'm so sorry.

Tinúviel

Dear Tinúviel,

As soon as I saw your letter, my heart leaped inside of me. I cannot stand us being like this, either. Oh, I'm so sorry I allowed your words to hurt me. You really didn't say anything that was at all unkind, you were only expressing your opinion. I had no right to be cold towards you.
    Tinúviel, I love you more than anything in the universe. I would never try to make you to cry. Forgive me, Tinúviel.
    I should have been the first to talk to you.
    Why am I even writing this letter? I will come talk to you right this minute.

Qui-Gon
    ???
    And that, my friends, is a post I am very worried about; this plot bunny just came up out of the blue so I have no idea if it's any good or not. :( Tell me if it was okay.

25. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Wonderful Arwen!!! It's too bad that she can't tell him what she think is wrong with Xani :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.