main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY The LGA Solo: A Star Wars Story thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedimika, Oct 18, 2017.

1. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    It's been a strange process (I doubt we'll ever hear the whole story) but director Ron Howard wrapped principal photography on the newly titled "Solo : A Star Wars Story". Set to come out May 25 next year so not very far away. With being this close to TLJ I wonder how it will be marketed and when the machine will start. Will we have a teaser with our TLJ showing or will they let it breathe a bit? Maybe a Superbowl trailer in February?

2. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Watching sport ball bowl on the chance there is a Solo trailer. Rumor is the teaser will drop then, with the full dropping tomorrow (Monday) on one of the morning shows (GMA or Today).

3. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Nice teaser. Seems like they will be keeping Han's history as an Imperial cadet? At least judging by what I'm guessing is the Imperial recruiting station.

4. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    I was on the road and out of town last week so I didn't get a chance to post this up.

5. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  6. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    And model kits!

7. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Of course!

8. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    So....

Flashback to when "The Hobbit" was in theaters. The LGA (that is us) all went to Denny's. Me, being me, ordered all the things. ALL THE THINGS! They had a Hobbit menu, and I had to try all of the hobbit food, like the Middle Earth sausage. Of course, I didn't know if it would be any good-- so I got a traditional grand slam as well. I think I ate about 5 plates. Maybe someone has a picture? Anyway, and what I didn't share-- i felt just fine for the next few days. Just fine. Then, horrible pain. A week later, I went to my family dr-- turned out my gal bladder seemed to be not properly voiding bile. Conservative treatments didn't work, and by then I had been in horrible pain for 3 weeks. It looked like I would have to have surgery over Christmas. Before surgery, I had another test done-- I think the hydascan-- and that test showed my bile duct emptying correctly. It was as if the weird dye punished the Hobbit Sausage out, and I felt great. Christmas was saved: but I have not eaten at a Denny's since then.

Why do I bring that up?

Solo: A Star Wars Tale is coming to a Denny's near us.

I... I mean... It is the Warz man. The Warz. ... What are the odds I have to cheat death twice right?
    Sweet sweet Corellian Bacon.

9. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Never tell us the odds! Corellian bacon at Denny's is a go!

10. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008

Still waiting for confirmation if Corellian bacon is on the menu.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  11. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Looks like "pop rocks" are in everything from burgers, to pancakes, to milkshakes.

12. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  13. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Buckle up baby...

14. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    I saw the Solo trailer before Avengers this weekend on the big IMAX screen and it looks great! The detail on the IMAX screen is amazing. You could even see the stitching on Han's holster (I notice the strangest things). While I'm waiting on tickets to go on sale (May the 4th?) the wife and I scouted out Denny's. The Solo trading cards they're advertising? They're $3 a pack for a couple of coupons and 2 trading cards. Still, "a portion" of the proceeds benefit No Kid Hungry so it's not a total cash grab. BTW I'm not trading my Therm Scissorpunch card for anything, that will be a prized collectible some day.

15. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    How were the Reactor Core Pancakes? With Space Citrus Sauce and Nova Chrystals!

16. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Yeeeah, you all are on your on own on that. I had normal non pop rocks covered food. Although the burger looked good. Maybe next time.

17. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  18. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Wow, Han really let things go. I wonder if he let Lando take all his nice gear with him or it was part of the package and he just pawned it all over the years to pay the bills.

Note the "Wookiee Cookie Jar" and "Caf Brewer" :D

Last edited: May 3, 2018
  19. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    I still think we should go to Denny's. Even I (yes, even I) and scared of poprocks pancakes-- but that commercial was so cute and I want the trading cards.

Happy May Fourth everyone!

20. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Happy Star Wars Day! Looks like the group will be attending the 7PM IMAX showing on Friday the 25th at Stoneybrook AMC if there is anyone lurking that would like to join us for a night of Solo and Denny's.

Who knew Chewie was such a diva?

21. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    I found this site from one of my modeling sites; it is by one of the digital matte painters. A cool look at what seems to be a star destroyer factory:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/lwRxk

Looks neat-o to me!

22. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    I just wanted to use your bandwidth, not to post spoilers, but predictions. Again, no spoilers; but if you have any thoughts feel free to put them down.

Me, I have a hunch that we will see Maz in the film. It would do a good job of connecting this solo with the old man we see in The Force Awakens. I think maybe the card game from the Denny's commercial (and trailer, i guess) is from Maz's castle.

I also wonder if they will actually blow up the Falcon at the end of the movie. I know. But what if they did? Like when Trek blew up the Enterprise-- only to get a new one at the end of the whale movie.

I think i am wrong about the Falcon, but that Maz idea I feel is strong with the Force.

See you all soon!

23. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Belated Thanks to everyone for coming out. Really had a great time talking about the movie afterwards. And really enjoyed doing it at Denny's over Reactor Core Pancakes. A very memorable evening.

24. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    good times!