main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga -The Life and Death of a Star- (PT write/rewrite challenge)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Meredith_Kenobi, Jan 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    This was written for the PT write/re-write contest.

The challenge was: Write a scene that takes place during the time frame between Mustafar to Polis Massa. It can be from anyone's perspective whether it be ghostie Qui-Gon, Bail Organa, Artoo and Threepio, or even Amidala's thoughts.

I really enjoyed writing this. I contemplated making it from the POV of Padme's star ship, but somehow ended up with this.

Thanks for reading, friend!

~!~

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, a star fell from the sky.

It had not wanted to fall. It had tried to hang on by pleading and begging all the other stars to help it and to keep it safe. But the other stars were too afraid of it, by then. They had seen what it had become.

This star had been very special. It had been the most special star there ever was, or ever would be; it was the only star in the entire universe to be Force-sensitive. If it had perhaps been born as an organic being, it might even have been trained to be a Jedi.

It had been only 3000 years old. This may sound very old to you, but for a star this is very young. It had been no more than a baby. Through the Force it had gained a small amount of sentient thought and intelligence. But being only a baby star, it had been too inexperienced to think clearly for itself.

Like an infant searching for it?s mother it had reached out to the Force with thin tendrils of thought. In the Force it there found the lives and minds of living beings many light years away. It greedily drank up all the images and thoughts it found there. It latched onto them, mouth open wide, and drank deeply till it was filled. These being?s minds and lives became it?s food, it?s sustenance. It lived off of these minds like a parasitic leech till the day when they left the land of the living.

And so the star?s life had gone, until one day ? over two decades ago according to mortal timetables, but for the star it was like the blink of an eye ? this star found in the Force the mind of a human child. This child was of beautiful innocence and had a pure clarity of mind that was not often found in his species.

The star could not resist. It was in its nature to cling to any nourishment it was provided by the Force, but this one was especially appealing.

The star understood that this child was not like any of the others. As they happened, and also as they would happen?for the star knew nothing of time?it absorbed the child?s thoughts, memories, and dreams. The star became so fascinated by this child?s mind that it got to a point when it was no longer able to tell whether it?s own mind was child, star, or something entirely different.

As this happened, the child sensed the star; he discovered the star?s searching tendrils within the depths of his thoughts. Instead of banishing the star, however, the child embraced it. He was a very lonely child, eager for a friend. The child would speak to the star and tell him his fears and deepest secrets. At night he would look out his window, searching the heavens for the speck of light that was his best friend.

Everything the boy learned, the star learned. Everything the boy loved, the star loved. Everything the boy hated, the star hated even more. And in this way the star thrived.

This child was strong, so much stronger than any other being the star had encountered. The star?s physical core was very bright, blindingly so. If a human were to even glance at it, his eyes would become forever blinded. In the same way, the child?s core was exceedingly bright--brighter even than the star?s.

As the child grew into a man, so did the star grow. In those short years, the star doubled to twice it?s original size. For a regular star this would have been an extreme impossibility. But for this star? It was as easy as filling the heavens with light.

Like the star, as the child grew so did his inner power; and with this growth came something the star would never have an

2. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    :eek:

wow. i just swore really loudly because i couldn't believe how incredibly beautiful this piece was!

i honestly don't know what to say. i was really attached to that star!

geez...the way you described their relationship, the change, and how Padme came into all of this...just truly...perfection.

loved it loved it. :D awesome work!

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    That was simply stunning! :eek: I don't think I've ever read such an original piece. It was incredibly moving.

The star understood that this child was not like any of the others. As they happened, and also as they would happen?for the star knew nothing of time?it absorbed the child?s thoughts, memories, and dreams. The star became so fascinated by this child?s mind that it got to a point when it was no longer able to tell whether it?s own mind was child, star, or something entirely different.

As this happened, the child sensed the star; he discovered the star?s searching tendrils within the depths of his thoughts. Instead of banishing the star, however, the child embraced it. He was a very lonely child, eager for a friend. The child would speak to the star and tell him his fears and deepest secrets. At night he would look out his window, searching the heavens for the speck of light that was his best friend.

So sweet. And then "man and star grew dark together." :_|

=D= A true masterpiece!

4. Meredith_Kenobi

Jul 20, 2005
    anakin_luver: I don't know what to say. [face_blush] I read your review over at least 5 times. :p Thank you, thank you, thank you, for your wonderful review. It meant a lot to me. [:D]

VaderLVR64: Wow, thank you so much! What a compliment! I'm honored that you thought so. [face_blush]

5. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    I'm gonna bump this up because people need to read this fic! it's amazing. :D

6. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    The imagery in this story is simply astounding and beautiful, great story! =D=

7. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    WOW

That was amazing!

I loved how the star and Anakin were connected to the point where one fell, so did the other.

Very poignant.

And I'm gald to see a comet remained for the star

Great response to the challenge

=D= =D= =D= =D=

8. Meredith_Kenobi

Jul 20, 2005
    anakin_luver: [:D]

LilyHobbitJedi: Wow, thank you, LilyHobbitJed! I appreciate that very much, and I'm delighted that you thought so.

KELIA: [face_blush] Thanks for your review, KELIA. It made my day.

9. Ben_Watson

Ben_Watson Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 11, 2004
    I can't believe I'm reading this so late into the game, lol. But this is REALLY good, I loved the POV, awesome job.

10. Meredith_Kenobi

Jul 20, 2005
    Ben_Watson: Pish posh, a review's a review. I always love them no matter the time. Thanks so much, Ben_W! [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.