main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The Life and Times of RAE SLOANE

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Taalcon, Oct 7, 2015.

1. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I still stand by my theory that to show herself as no different than the rank and file of the FO Sloane had a son and gave him away to the storm trooper corps at birth. The son was dubbed FN 2187

I don't know why but I think it'd be really cool if Finn was the son of Rae Sloane, I mean come on the dude hasn't really got anything else going on in his backstory

2. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    Hi Silentguy,

If that becomes acknowledged, we are likely to see Rae Sloane in the IT (Intermediate Trilogy) her death included (not like Padme's demise, I hope).

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  3. Darth Bibliophilus

Darth Bibliophilus Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2017
    That last part remains an open question, in my view, because as of yet we have no information about what happened to Sloane between the epilogue of "Empire's End" and the opening of The Force Awakens.

There's no telling what future canon storytelling will impart to us, but given what we have now, my gut-feeling / head-canon is that her story will end with a tragic twist. She tries to rebuild the Empire *as it should have been* in the Unknown Regions, only to see her work get hijacked by Snoke, who appropriates the First Order for his own ends. An appropriation that Rae seems unlikely to have survived, given how determined she seemed not to play second-fiddle to anyone else, ever again.

I'm eagerly looking forward to discovering whether Battlefront II will reveal anything new about the origins of the First Order.

As for the chances of seeing Sloane in a live-action movie, I'm guessing that would be most likely if the future anthology films revisit the period between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope, or perhaps even the time between the latter and Return of the Jedi. Perhaps if the Young Han Solo movie gets a sequel?

MandaloreRex2015 and Sudooku like this.
  4. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I'm inclined to think Sloane will meet Snoke within five minutes of arriving in the Unknown Regions. She will rebuild the Empire but not as its leader.

jafo and Voltron64 like this.
  5. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    Maybe she will appear as an easteregg in Han's standalone film like we SAW Gerrera in Rogue One. And I have such a feeling that they didn't place TFA 30 years ahead of RotJ because of the fitting aging process of Carrie, Marc and Harrison only. That tremendous time gap cries for another trilogy to fill it.

I meanwhile wonder which actress could give us a convincing Rae Sloane: Lupita Nyong'o?

MandaloreRex2015 and SilentGuy66 like this.
  6. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Given her popularity I wouldn't be surprised if Sloane ended up becoming one of the main characters in a star wars live action tv series- it's only a matter of time before Disney begins to heavily push for stars wars' answer to agents of Shield and Daredevil

7. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    For me Rae Sloane is a GFFA-version of Condoleezza Rice - tough, ambitious and outspoken.

8. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Quick question for the Rae Sloane fans: What year did Rae Sloane become a Grand Admiral. Wookieepedia doesn't seem to say whether it was 4 or 5 ABY. I haven't read Aftermath but I'm doing research on Grand Admirals.

9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Between Aftermath and Life Debt -- so it's after Endor but before Jakku.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

10. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015

Rax promoted her after the events of the first Aftermath book.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  11. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Acknowledged by Mas Amedda.

EMPEROR OF THE CORUSCANT EMPIRE.

Sudooku likes this.
  12. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    I'm aware of that, but what I would really like to know is the year of the promotion, be it 4 or 5 ABY.

13. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    We don't know.

Daneira likes this.
  14. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    Okay. Thanks for helping, anyway. ;)

Jedi Ben likes this.
  15. DarthInternous

DarthInternous Editor - Del Rey Star Wars star 3 VIP

Feb 7, 2017
    Hmm, probably be very early 5 ABY. Maybe it was a New Year's gift :)

(But nothing I say is canon so...take that with a grain of salt please.)

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  16. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    I'll just say "c.5 ABY".

Jedi Ben likes this.
  17. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    The entire Aftermath trilogy takes place during a one year timespan. We obviously don't have a calendar of months in the Star Wars timeline so either 4ABY or 5ABY would technically be correct in regards to when she was promoted. We don't know if the Battle of Endor took place in early 4ABY or late 4ABY. All we know is that it happened in 4ABY and the Battle of Jakku was meant to take place about a year after that.

Sudooku likes this.
  18. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
  19. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    I have to cite myself this time: Meanwhile I'm convinced, that Rae Sloane was in the star destroyer pursuing Han and Lando during their legendary flight to Kessel.

So the chance of Rae being in Rebels is over. Was she spotted or announced in "Resistance" at least?

20. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    nope Resistance takes place in TFA time so Rae is already probably dead

21. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    I don't have any information about Rae's death. So hope dies last. Maybe "The Mandalorian" will show her, for it takes place far away from the New Republic's grasp and even some years earlier than "Resistance" but still past-Endor.

22. Shadowrain10

Shadowrain10 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 12, 2017
    In the novelization for TLJ and the Phasma novel both make it sound like Rae might be dead or at the very least out of the picture somehow by the time of the Sequel Trilogy.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Reading a New Dawn has reignited my love of Rae as a villian. And she is clearly a villian. Can’t wait to see her again in the aftermath trilogy.

Sinrebirth , Jedi Ben and JediFett10 like this.