main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Life Behind, The Life Ahead (AU; Davin Fel ... and -?)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Onderon1, May 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Onderon1

Onderon1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2008

Author's Note: A strange plot bunny ... one from the Betsyverse.

DISCLAIMER: LFL's are LFL's. Marvel's are Marvel's. OCs are their own. This is a work of fiction. No money is being made off of this. Please don't sue.

Timeframe: 40 ABY; some point after this AU's Bloodlines

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    40.4 ABY: Coruscant:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ah, prakking hells ..."

There were days, Davin thought, that all the effort wasn't worth it.

He stared in the mirror, still damp with lingering dew from the sanisteam, and examined the cut on his jaw from where he's just shaved.

Yes, depil-cream would be more practical. More military. But there were times for that sort of thing, and cleaning up for the day was a time Davin would prefer not to have to be military.

He had enough of that at the academy, and later in the EOTH - oops, CEDF, he reminded himself with a smirk.

The fact was, Thrawn's feigned death and the resultant return of the Grand Admiral to Chiss society had forced the Ruling Houses to accept the Empire of the Hand as an uncomfortable necessity. The Vong War, and the other half-a-dozen terrible things lurking at the edges of the Ascendancy, had all but pushed the Chiss and their adopted Fel humans into essentially an ongoing state of military readiness.

I hated it. So I left, Davin thought, examining the shaving nick - he shrugged at the relatively minimal amount of damage.

A quick, short burst with the Nilar field cauterizer, and he had a new memento. Something that was his, at least.

So much of Davin's life was borrowed - and had been for years.

The price I pay for leaving, he thought, working on the facial putty and synthflesh; the dye job was holding for a few more days, at least.

Deception was always something Davin was good at. He took after his mother in that - but, as the eldest male Fel heir, he'd been expected to serve in the Household Phalanx. To assimilate like his younger siblings mostly had.

That, and Father and I never really saw eye to eye, Davin remembered, a brief pang of sorrow flitting through his mind like a plasma ball from a coralskipper.

The real problem, Davin admitted, was that he was just too damn Corellian to be properly Chiss-like. He sometimes wondered if it was the Antilles genes showing - certainly, his father seemed hardly Corellian at all, at times.

If only I was free to meet with Uncle Wedge ... openly, Davin thought, smiling sadly as he examined his morning routine's results.

It hadn't been hard, really, to fake his death. The Praetorite Vong advance had been deep enough that in the furball that'd been Kinoss, one exploded clawcraft had looked much the same as the others.

By the time the carnage had ended, and the Vong probe had been wiped out, Sergeant Davin Fel had been officially dead.

He'd dumped the clawcraft on Parshoone, spent the last of his savings to get a ship that'd take him to Corellia, and he'd faked the necessary documents to blend in.

That, and his talent hadn't hurt - the one that his kid brother Cem had turned into the basis for starting the Imperial Knights.

Davin smiled sincerely at that. For all their Chiss upbringing, his siblings, by and large, had grown up to be pretty individualistic - Cem was leading the Remnant's version of government-run Jedi, while Chak trained and led the Storm Ewok armies that served Thrawn directly, and Wyn was excelling as Chak's main spy.

And Cherith was the Empress of the Remnant, now, with her baby boy Roan in line for the throne. The family hadn't done too bad after all, even if Cherith had had a fling with that Terran Rebel Steven Rogers.

Jag ... Davin tried not to feel too badly about deceiving his brother. Jag had always looked up to him, and Davin had gotten along pretty well with him.

Deal with it, Fel. You chose to leave the

2. DavidMK

DavidMK Jedi Master

Dec 26, 2006
    "The Force-ripple at the front door resolved itself to Davin's perceptions, and he smiled a little as he answered the door.

"Acting Grand Master Hamner," Octa Ramis said, half-smiling as she added, "Morning, Kenth. Ready for the day?"

"Always, Master Ramis. Shall we?" Davin replied, walking with her toward the elevator.

Just another day in the New Jedi Order ..."

OMG :eek: now that is something i dont think anyone saw coming..please continue this..

3. Onderon1

Onderon1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2008

DavidMK: Thanks for reading. :)

This scene'll appear again in Stoking Home Fires; this was more of an experimental piece, a test run to see how it worked ... [face_thinking]

The plot bunny bit me some time ago, when I started establishing that a lot of the Fels who'd died in canon were still alive in the Betsyverse (Chak training the Storm Ewoks, Cherith spying on Earth's superheroes). And since Cem and Rogue (Marisiah) are both Force-sensitive ...

I figured big brother might have Force sensitivity too. ;)

Thanks again, :)
    - Onderon1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.