main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Life of the Party--JA Qui/Obi (humor/mush)--author replies and thanks 11/04

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Bastet, Oct 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Oh, that was wonderful. Obi-Wan's inhibitions have definitely flown out the window. I had a big lump in my throat when he sang about how bad he was, though, and I'm so glad that Qui-Gon is trying to reassure him.

I hope your computer quits causing problems! I can't wait for the rest.

2. PadawanKaterina

PadawanKaterina Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 1, 2005
    As I promised, a complete review. :)

?I was just wondering,? he said with an impish grin, ?if it?s appropriate to toast one?s own self or not.? He shrugged with yet another uncharacteristic giggle. ?I say it is!? He downed the rest of his glass in one gulp, then blew out his breath again. ?Woooo! Great stuff!?

*shakes head* Obi, Obi, Obi... You poor kid. 8-}

//Obi-Wan?// he called. No response. //Obi-Wan, where are you? Answer me!//

At last something came back to him, but it was just as the Jedi Master had feared. He was suddenly hit with a disorienting wave of illogical merriment, followed by a very loud //WOOOOOOOO!!!!// that echoed around in his head, making him wince. He had to shake his head to clear it.

Ouch! *clutches head* :oops:

?Master Yoda loves his stew,
    But to me? it tastes like glue!
    And he tells us not to hate,
    And that we gotta eat all the veggies on our plate!
    And Master Yoda?s a billion years old,
    And? the other day he had a cold!
    And sometimes he hits people with his stick,
    And it feels like a ton of bricks!

[face_laugh] Haha! Does that actually go to a tune?

And that?s my bra he?s got around his neck, isn?t it?

Poor Obi's probably dieing just remembering this. :p

?Obi-Wan, you?re not bad, you?re the best Padawan any Master could ever hope to have. What you did was a mistake, yes, but we all make mistakes. It?s how we learn and grow. And I know you certainly have, and I?m very proud of you, Padawan. And I?m very proud to be your Master, Obi-Wan, very proud. I love you. I don?t think I?ve ever told you that before, but I do. I love you, Padawan, very much.?

Awe... Mush! [face_love] [:D]

Brilliant! I hope the impertinent computer cooperates quickly. [face_peace]

3. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Reviews already! :D

PadawanKitara- This is too funny! Thank you! :D I'm glad you think so.

maychorian- I had a big lump in my throat when he sang about how bad he was, though, and I'm so glad that Qui-Gon is trying to reassure him. Yep, I couldn't resist a wee bit of Obi angst, since it's so delicious. [face_love] Glad you liked it!

PadawanKaterina- Wow, thanks for such a detailed review! :D I'm glad you liked my story that much! [face_love] And yes indeed, poor Obi, but at least he had fun! :p And no, those songs don't go to any particular tune, unless you count the one I made up in my head. :D Thanks so much for reading! [face_love]

Well, here's the last post, I hope. *crosses fingers*

===========

?And so after you passed out, I brought you back here and put you to bed. And that?s what happened last night, Obi-Wan,? Qui-Gon concluded his story.

It was silent in the room for a few minutes as Obi-Wan thought back over the story his Master had just told him. Well? he thought to himself, I guess that wasn?t so bad. True, he had made a fool of himself, but it sounded like everyone had really enjoyed themselves, so?maybe that was okay. He?d have to think some more about that. He was certainly glad, though, that his Master had stopped him from singing more songs. And why had those harem women given him their bras? That was definitely embarrassing. But, if Obi-Wan was honest with himself, he had to admit that the thing that was bothering him the most about last night was that he had missed seeing the prince?s weapons collection. Wow, that would have been so amazing, he thought wistfully.

Obi-Wan?s thoughts were interrupted when Qui-Gon took his hand in his. ?Padawan, can you forgive me?? he asked, sounding guilty again.

?For what, Master?? the young Jedi asked, puzzled.

It was Qui-Gon?s turn to look confused. ?For everything that happened last night,? he clarified. ?I should have gotten you out of there much sooner. And if I had been paying closer attention, you wouldn?t have gotten drunk to begin with. I am so sorry, Padawan.?

?Master, it?s okay,? Obi-Wan hastened to assure the big Jedi. ?I don?t blame you, for anything.? And it was true, the thought had never occurred to him to blame his Master for anything that had happened last night. How could he have known his drink was alcoholic? And as for not getting him sooner, well, Obi-Wan had to admit he would have done the same thing if the situation had been reversed. A Sollitar! Amazing?

His ever-perceptive Master, though, clearly wasn?t ready to let himself off the hook just yet. ?But something is bothering you, Padawan, I can tell. What is it??

?Well?? Obi-Wan said hesitantly. ?It?s just that, well, I kind of do wish that I had been able to see that collection last night.?

?Ah,? Qui-Gon said, and he smiled broadly. ?I knew that you would. So I had a little talk with Prince Tarril before he left this morning.? His smile got even bigger. ?Even though he won?t be there, he?s more than willing to let you see his collection, too. He left the keys with his sister, who said she?d be glad to show it to you as soon as you?re feeling up to it.?

?Really, Master?? Obi-Wan asked excitedly. Suddenly last night really didn?t seem like such a bad experience, after all.

?Yes, really,? Qui-Gon said, still smiling. ?I thought we?d go after the Freedom Ceremony, which probably won?t end until later this evening. The ceremony starts in less than an hour, and King Faddi has told me it will last most of the rest of the day. He apparently wrote a speech detailing the whole history of warfare on Valla.?

Obi-Wan sighed, some of his excitement fading. He still didn?t feel all that great, and the thought of sitting through an afternoon of long speeches was not appealing. Not to mention such other things as the Chorus of Cymbals he remembered seeing practicing yesterday. The mere thought made his head start to resume i

4. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

aawwwww How sweet!

Qui-gon is feeling guilty and he tells Obi he loves him

what a wonderful ending.=D= =D=

edit I didn't realise I missed a post that was so funny it is amazing
    what truths come out with a little juice.

?She had just better well keep those prettily-manicured hands of hers off my Padawan!? the big Jedi growled under his breath as he jumped down from the trees.
    How nice that Qui-Gon wanted to protect his Padawan

and Obi saying he was bad, made Qui-Gon realise how much he means to him.

Lovely story great ending
    @};-

5. obi-wanfan123

obi-wanfan123 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2005
    Aww....

Obi gets drunk and yet, he is still given god care by his master...

Great story!!

Excellent and very well written!!;)

6. PadawanKaterina

PadawanKaterina Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 1, 2005
    ?I may be harsh sometimes, Padawan, but I refuse to be cruel,?

Lol. I got a nice chuckle out of that. :p

He smiled up at Qui-Gon as the big Jedi put his hand on his forehead. This time, he did not resist the gentle sleep suggestion he felt seep into him. ?Mmm, thank you,? he murmured.

Those must really come in handy sometimes. [face_love]

Obi-Wan was touched. He couldn't remember Qui-Gon ever telling him that before, unless he counted a very fuzzy image that suddenly floated to his tired consciousness. He must have told me last night, he concluded. And now he had told him again. A warm, fuzzy feeling, better than any blanket, settled over the young Jedi.

[:D] Spread the mush! *contented sigh*

A moment later, Obi-Wan felt Qui-Gon give him a whiskery kiss on the forehead. "You truly are the best Padawan any Master could ever hope for," Qui-Gon's gentle voice floated down to him as he sunk into unconsciousness, "and you always have been." And then Obi-Wan fell asleep, a very contented smile on his face.

Awe... [face_love] What a wonderful mushy ending. [face_love]

THE END

:_| I'm gonna miss this story.

This was excellent. I loved the original take on Obi-Wan getting drunk (for once it's not his, Siri's, Garen's or Anakin's fault). It was extremely well written, and expertly laid out. Bravo! =D=

7. Darth_Me-Wan

Darth_Me-Wan Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2005
    Great story!

8. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Wow, Obi-Wan was really out of it, or should I say in the moment? :confused: Anyway, I'm glad Obi-Wan didn't find his antics all that terrible. I loved the songs he was singing. :D Lovely mush! Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan get to tell how much they care for each other. [face_love] I love how Qui-Gon was feeling guilty, and Obi-Wan didn't blame his master at all. So like him to be understanding like that. [face_love]

Great job! Wonderful story. And thanks for the pm! =D=

9. Stella_Ripple

Stella_Ripple Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 29, 2005
    Awww! [face_love] That was sooo sweet! I loved the ending! And the party scenes were hilarious, but that touch of obi angst coming out involuntarily, that was great! I'm so glad they got their mushy ending!
    I liked your gentle, caring Qui too- and I loved this line I may be harsh sometimes, but I refuse to be cruel

Awesome story! Well done =D=

10. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    I love it [face_love] - thanks so much for bringing this amazing story into the world.:D

-May the force be with you---[face_peace]

11. Terra_Wan_Kenobi

Terra_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2005
    Awwww...That was so sweet...i loved it [face_love] [face_love]

12. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Great ending=D= =D=
    looking forward to reading more of your writing.[face_laugh]

And I understand fully the evilness of computers. Mine hates me. I practically live in the tech support department here at the University. Oh well, that technology for your.

[face_cowboy]

13. Bastet

Dec 30, 1999
    Thanks so much all of you guys for reading my little story! [:D]

Gkilkenny- How nice that Qui-Gon wanted to protect his Padawan and Obi saying he was bad, made Qui-Gon realise how much he means to him. Lovely story great ending [face_love] Yes, indeed. I couldn't resist sticking a little Obi-angst in a humor-fic, because it makes the mush so much sweeter that way. And there's always room for more mush. :D Thanks you so much for reading! I'm glad you liked the ending, when I couldn't post it right away I kept tweaking it, so I'm glad it turned out okay!

obi-wanfan123- Obi gets drunk and yet, he is still given god care by his master... [face_love] Of course! And poor Qui, he was feeling so guilty...
    Great story!! Excellent and very well written!! [face_blush] Aww, thanks!

PadawanKaterina- Awwww, thanks so much for another lovely, long review! [face_love] You're spoiling me! ;)
    ?I may be harsh sometimes, Padawan, but I refuse to be cruel,?
    Lol. I got a nice chuckle out of that.
    :D I was rather fond of that line too!
    What a wonderful mushy ending. [face_love] Thanks!
    I'm gonna miss this story. :( Me too! Hopefully I'll have another one, eventually...
    I loved the original take on Obi-Wan getting drunk (for once it's not his, Siri's, Garen's or Anakin's fault). [face_laugh] Sounds like you've read a lot of drunk-Obi stories. I'm glad mine didn't bore you too much! :)
    This was excellent. It was extremely well written, and expertly laid out. Bravo! Aww, I'm blushing again! [face_blush] Thank you for such a nice review, I truly feel honored! Thank you thank you!! @};-

Darth_Me-Wan- Great story! Thank you! @};- I'm glad you liked it!

Jedi_Tigris- Ooh, good, I'm glad you found your way over here, I think I did the story link in your PM wrong... [face_blush] Anyway, thanks so much for reading!
    I loved the songs he was singing. [face_laugh] Me too!
    Lovely mush! Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan get to tell how much they care for each other. Ahhh, mush... :)
    I love how Qui-Gon was feeling guilty, and Obi-Wan didn't blame his master at all. So like him to be understanding like that. Yes, indeed, Obi's such a sweetheart, isn't he? [face_love]
    I'm so glad you liked my story!

Stella_Ripple- And the party scenes were hilarious, but that touch of obi angst coming out involuntarily, that was great! I'm so glad they got their mushy ending! Angst=better mush, it's true! :D
    I liked your gentle, caring Qui too- and I loved this line I may be harsh sometimes, but I refuse to be cruel I loved that line too! :) And yep, I'm a sucker for softie-Qui.
    Awesome story! Well done. Thanks so much!

kenobiwanobi- thanks so much for bringing this amazing story into the world. You're welcome! :D
    May the force be with you You too! [face_peace] Thanks for reading and commenting!

Terra_Wan_Kenobi- Awwww...That was so sweet...i loved it Aww, thank you! :) I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

hyperspace_police- Great ending. Looking forward to reading more of your writing. Thank you! I hope there will be more to read, someday. :)

Thanks again all of you lovely readers for your lovely replies! I'm so glad you all enjoyed my story! You guys make it all so worth it to write fanfic, it's so much fun!! Thanks again!! [:D] @};- @};-

14. lost_jedii

lost_jedii Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2005
    I can't believe I missed this story for so long, I just read it and it is great!! =D= =D= =D= I love it :D Obi got drunk! [face_laugh] I love Obi and Qui's relationship [face_love]

If it isn't too much trouble could you please PM me with updates? :D Again, amazing writing, really wonderful story [:D] [:D]

15. Bastet

Dec 30, 1999
    lost_jedii-Thanks for reading my story! It's so surprising to me when I log on and find one of my stories back on the front page, but I must say I love it. :D I love Obi and Qui's relationship. Yep, I love stories where they have a loving father/son relationship, so of course they're the kind of stories I love to write, too. [face_love]
    If it isn't too much trouble could you please PM me with updates? Sure, as soon as I get another story posted, but I'm such a slow writer, so it's going to be a while. Oh, well. Again, amazing writing, really wonderful story. [face_blush] I'm blushing! Thanks so much for reading, and for such nice compliments! [face_love]

16. MASTER_KAYM

MASTER_KAYM Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 3, 2004
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

OMG!!

That was soooooooooooooo funny!!! I can't believe Obi got so drunk! But there was mush too! [face_love] I love mush! Qui and Obi mush is the best, and you write it very well :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.