main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The life saving power of Ezra and the lessening of Anakin

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DarthWolvo23, Mar 31, 2018.

1. DarthWolvo23

DarthWolvo23 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    In ROTS Palpatine tells Anakin that together they could discover the secret to cheat death. This would add to the reason that he desired Anakins power so much.

With Rebels showing Ezra having the power to access the world beyond worlds I believe this significantly lessens the special status of the chosen one.

Ezra essentially has access to more power than any character in star wars history in this moment.

Thoughts?

2. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I don't understand. Do people really think this is something that can be done willy-nilly? No. No it can't. The chosen one prophecy (of the jedi) refers to the one who will destroy the sith. An expanded interpretation (ie Mortis Gods, pre-Phantom Menace Jedi) is that the chosen one will bring balance to the whole of the force. It has nothing to do with who has what abilities.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
    revan772 likes this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Also the world between worlds creates a loop. So whatever is done in the world between worlds is always done. Just like what happened to Ahsoka on Malacore.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  4. DarthWolvo23

DarthWolvo23 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    So what power did Anakin possess that Sidious needed so badly?

5. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    Anakin was unprecedentedly strong in the force. Sidious wanted him for that power. Anakin's strength would be an extension of his own, and Darth Vader would become a worthy legacy if Sidious died. My theory about Ezra is that only he could have opened the gateway because he was a light side aligned, force sensitive native of the planet. There has to be a reason Loth Wolves were apart of the Mural.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  6. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    And a reason why Vader was called off once the Emperor understood what had happened to Ahsoka from what Vader told him!
    I wonder how far back he could go had the Emperor not been aware of its existence?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  7. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    Meh. It's not like Ezra has a Portal Gun/Rick Sanchez ability to just jump into the WBW.

I saw Ezrah's accessing the WBW more of a puzzle that he solved rather than a testament upon his Midichlorian count :)

8. Anslyder

Anslyder Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 8, 2018
    Is Erza the only one who can do it and allowed to access it? I don't know much about Rebels, but I thought it was thanks to Kanan that he find it and it's not something special to him?

Roosterq likes this.
  9. FarEasterling

FarEasterling Jedi Master star 1

Aug 18, 2011
    As a force brute, vulnerable to short circuit - both at any given moment.

10. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    It can be done willy-nilly. The World Between Worlds allows an individual to reach any point in time and space. If used properly, that place could circumvent any prophecy or force of destiny.

"He who controls it, controls the universe."

If Ezra used the portals to travel further back, to say the Peace Parade on Naboo and exposed Palpatine's evil in front of the entire Jedi Council, the Sith would have been destroyed that day. By Ezra's hand and not Anakin's.

"Here, in this place, I can change things."

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
  11. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    you've failed to mention how anyone can access the WBW without the only entrance to it we've seen so far, which has been destroyed. Or why Sidious needed Ezra specifically to activate the portal. It can't be accessed willy-nilly is what I meant.

12. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Access isn't what I was addressing. I was speaking about how that place can overwrite destiny and undo fate. As for getting in, there are many paths to a destination. There was more than one entrance to the World Between Worlds. We've already seen two.

"There are infinite paths and infinite possibilities. All one must do is open the door"

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
  13. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    Truth be told, I got the impression that the only reason Ezra could access "the world between worlds" was because he was a Jedi. I don't think it lessens anyone else.
    Now I do think Ezra defying Palpatine lessens Luke defying Palpatine in ROTJ.

14. Roosterq

Roosterq Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 6, 2017
    Access to that temple/WBW was only possible for Jedi, or at least Light siders, so Palpatine would have surely not been able to access it, without Ezra's assistance.

15. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    How was Palpatine getting in? I mean, Ezra was in the WBW. Then he saw Ahsoka, fighting Vader on Malachor. He then was able to open a portal right to her location and pull her into the WBW... there wasn't an actual "stargate" type special entrance right there like there was at the temple on Lothal, but it look like that isn't needed for a person who is already in the WBW and wants to open an ad-hoc entrance to it to yank a person in from wherever.

However... subsequent to this, Palpatine himself starts to invade the WBW from... somewhere. I can't remember if he actually sticks his hand through, but he does look at them, and propel into the WBW something that looks like an amalgamation of fire and Force lightning, which definitely hits and affects them. What exactly was going on there? Does Palps have his own entry point? How was he getting in? And if he has his own way in, then #1 why was he so interested in the Lothal temple entrance, and #2 why didn't he already rule the universe?

cwustudent likes this.
  16. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    My guess is that Sheev needed Ezra. My interpretation is that only lightsiders can enter the wbw, and Sidious tried to use Ezra's lightside-ness to drag himself in. That is why he did not just go in himself through his own portal, and possibly why he left the door to be found on Lothal. Could have also been that he had people there for more knowledge on it. Why just keep one door if you could try to get in through many?

Either way though I do not think Ezra is more powerful then Anakin, they just have different story arcs.

17. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    I think Sidious had every intention of simply using the door on Lothal once Hydan figured it out. Once he learns Ezra gained access to the WBW, Sidious turns to plan B and tethers himself to Ezra so he can physically pull himself in.

18. Roosterq

Roosterq Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 6, 2017
    I think Sideous, was able to access it because he had been able to force connect to Ezra in some way. Sort of like a tracking device of sorts. That's why we see him trying to get Ezra to return to his parents in the sequence prior to that. I believe he was trying to trick Ezra into entering that realm to be able to access it. But that is just my own fanfic theory.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  19. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Should ask Dave Filoni, maybe he knows. Or...maybe he doesn't... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

20. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    in the end the WBW was a plot device to grow Ezra's character and to save Ahsoka. I'd be surprised if we see it again.

Vialco likes this.
  21. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    A very cheap and contrived plot device at that. But yes, I agree with you.

cwustudent likes this.