main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga ~*The Life We Live - Ani/Ami romance -Completed 4-6-03!*~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Monica_Skywalker, Mar 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monica_Skywalker

Monica_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Hi again! :) This story is the sequel to The Path We Take, but you don't necessarily have to read that to understand this.

Note: Master Clamenza, Naiomi, and Naido are all of my OC's.

** means Force communication and thoughts.

Enjoy! :)

I still believe, someday you and me, will find ourselves in love again...

Even though I try I can't let go. Something in your eyes captured my soul, and every night I see you in my dreams. You're all I know, I can't let go.

~*PADME*~
    I loved having my husband in my life again. For the past few days, we had taken the children out into the gardens and played games from noon until it was too dark to see each other. We laughed until we fell to the ground in tears and could laugh no harder. I 've never laughed so hard in my life. Seeing my Ani run around screaming and yelling like a big kid was priceless. After those few days, reality set in. The kids had to start their training again, and that left Anakin and I alone together for over eight hours. Normally I would've been thrilled with this, but something inside stopped me. At first,I just shoved this feeling away, but it kept coming back, and then it hit me: this man wasn't my Ani.

I mean, sure he had Ani's strong, muscular body, his dazzling blue eyes that made me go weak in the knees, his sandy blonde hair that I loved to run my hands through, his voice that always sounded so perfect, and his hands that knew exactly how to find me and how to make me feel safe. Anakin was my protector, and this man wasn't him.

You're all I'm living for...

I can't accept my world is gone...

My Anakin would know me better than I know myself. he'd know that I am a procrastinator who leaves absolutely everything to the last minute, and that I have to have everything neat and tidy. He'd know about my childhood and his childhood, our first kiss, our struggle to hide our feelings, and our secret marriage. He'd also remember turning to the dark side, freezing me, raising our children, and destroying Renoshi. There was so much that was different about the man lying next to me, and it pains me to think about it.

~*ANAKIN*~

Let me be the one to hold you...

I see the way you're acting like you're somebody else...

I have been having a blast for the past few days, but I don't know if I can say the same about Padme. Ever since she told me that we were married, she has acted different around me. It was like she had raised a giant shield around herself that made it impossible for me to see her true self. It made me sad to think that she was hiding herself from me. Why can't she just open up? While we were playing tag with the kids, she laughed and had fun, but deep down I saw some sadness in her, almost as if she was worried to love me again. But why?
    We were as one babe, for a moment in time...

I banished every memory you and I had ever made....but when you touch me like this, and you hold me like that, I just have to admit that it's all coming back to me...

~*PADME*~
    It was wonderful having Ani back again, really it was...but in most ways, the man lying next to me wasn't my husband. Sure he looked, talked, and smiled like Anakin, but he didn't have my Ani's personality and his sense of adventure. As I stared into his stunning blue eyes I didn't get the same feeling I did when I looked into Anakin's eyes. I just couldn't love this man the way I loved Ani. In more ways than ever, my beloved Ani was dead, and would remain dead forever.

There were moments of gold and there were flashes of light. There were things we'd never do again but then they'd always seemed right....

I loved Anakin, I truly do, don't get me wrong, but he's not the man I knew for so long. He's...changed. Losing his memory effected him and turned him into a totally different person. One that I have to learn to love again.

I'd give my all to have just one more night with you. I'd risk my life to feel

2. Monica_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    ~*OBI-WAN*~
    Anakin contacted me earlier today, asking me if it would be possible for me to watch over his children for a few days while he and Padme were away. I agreed to it, knowing that Padme needed a break from everything.

As I walked into their home, I saw the children were in the living room, watching the holonews.

"...and the new Senator from Alderaan is expected to arrive in Coruscant any day..." The news anchor was announcing.

"Is this interesting to you?" I asked, and the children all turned to look at me.

"Obi," Naiomi cried. "What are you doing here?"

"I am watching you four while your parents are away."

"But they're only going to be gone for a few hours." Luke explained.

"No they're not. They're going to be gone for a few days."

"But mom told us that they were only going to be gone a few hours!" Leia added.

"Well, Anakin has a suprise planned for her," I explained, and looked at the chrono on the wall. "Isn't it time for you to go to sleep now?"

"Yes." Naido murmered, and the four headed towards their rooms.

"Goodnight, Obi." Naiomi yawned.

"Goodnight, Naiomi." I smiled. *She is the cutest little thing!*

"Are you staying here for the night?" Luke asked.

"No, but I will be here in the morning."

"Okay, goodnight." Leia replied.

"Goodnight." I walked out the door and sealed it behind me.

~*ANAKIN*~
    I landed the speeder at the Jedi Temple landing pad, and helped Padme out.

"Finally, we're here!" she exclaimed, and moved to untie the cloth.

"No, we're not there, yet. You can take it off in a minute, but not now." I led her into the spaceship, careful as to not give away where we were. I led her to the cockpit and set her down in the co-pilot seat. I sat in the pilot's chair, and started the engine.

"We're on another ship?"

"Yes, but be patient. This is all worth it, trust me." I flew the ship into space, and we entered hyperspace.

"May I take this off now?" she asked, pointing to the blindfold.

~*PADME*~
    "Yes." he replied, and I quickly undid the blindfold. As I removed it from my face, I looked around, scanning the area around me. I was in a cockpit of a ship that I did not recognize, and we were somewhere in space.

"Where are we going?" I asked, looking at Anakin. He was staring off into space, but I noticed that he was shivering a bit.

"You'll see soon enough." he replied. I got up and walked out of the cockpit, in search of a blanket.

"Where are you going?" Anakin asked, jumping out of his chair and following me.

"I'm looking for a blanket."

"They're in that closet over there." he replied, pointing to my left. I walked over to it and pulled out a long, fleece blanket and handed it to Ani.

"What's this for?" he asked, giving me a puzzled look.

"You looked cold."

"That's probably because I am. Thank you." He wrapped the blanket around him, and opened it up in front of him, allowing me to come in, too.

"Should we go back into the cockpit?" I asked.

"Sure." he replied, and we slowly walked back to the cockpit, laughing as we did so.

"Be careful!" Ani cried, as we tilted to the side. I took a step forward, and he did so, too.

"We're almost there!" I cried, and Anakin wrapped his arms around me. As I took my next step, he picked me up, trying to carry be back into the cockpit. Instead, he leaned backwards and fell, causing me to fall on top of him.

"Are you ok, Ani?" I asked, standing up.

"Yes, I'm fine." he whispered, standing up. He grabbed the blanket and picked me up again.

"Are you sure this is safe?" I asked.

"It's the safest way of traveling you'll find in the galaxy, M'lady." Anakin teased, setting me back down in the co-pilot's chair.

"Sure, if you call dropping safe." I murmered, and we both started laughing, breaking any remaining tension between us.

~*ANAKIN*~

"So, where are we going?" she asked, and I rolled my eyes. *How many times was she going to ask that question?

3. Monica_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    ~*NAIOMI*~
    I was about to close my eyes, when Obi-Wan walked into the room. He sat on the edge of my bed, and seeing that I was awake, asked "How are you feeling?"

I groaned in responce, and Obi-Wan chuckled. "That bad, huh?" he asked, and I nodded. He put his hand on my forehead and immediately raised his eyebrows. "You're burning up! You've gotten worse since this morning. I'm going to have to take you back to the healers."

"I don't want to go." I whispered, my voice growing hoarse.

"You must if you want to get better." he leaned over and picked me up out of bed and set me down on the floor. I took a step towards the door and fell onto the floor.

Leia opened her eyes. "Are you okay?" I shook my head, and she watched as Obi-Wan scooped me off of the floor and carried me out of my room. Luke and Naido, who were sitting in the living room, gave us a puzzled look as we entered.

"She is getting worse, so I must take her back to the healers," Obi-Wan explained. "I expect you to behave while I am gone, and if I am not back soon, get ready for bed." the boys nodded their heads, and Obi-Wan and I left the apartment.

I was getting dizzier by the second, and my throat and head were now throbbing. I closed my eyes and tried to concentrate on something pleasant. I thought about mom and dad, the pretty scenery of Naboo, and the comfort of my bed, but nothing worked. I even tried thinking of my favorite food: cheese doodles, but it was useless. Nothing could keep my mind off of my headache.

"How are you doing?" Obi-Wan asked. I opened my eyes, only to see the blurry ground moving beneath me. The headache worsened slightly, and I shut my eyes again.

I managed to say, "Terrible.", but my voice was getting weaker and weaker. *Now everything is failing me.* I thought.

"We're almost there." Obi-Wan reassured me, and I felt his pace quickened. *I hope the healer can fix me this time.*

~*OBI-WAN*~
    I glanced down at Naiomi again, making sure that she was okay. I knew that something was terribly wrong, and I only hoped it wasn't that serious. I opened the door into Master Clamenza's room and laid Naiomi on the nearest bed.

"What's the matter, Obi-Wan?" Clamenza asked as he walked into the room.

"Naiomi's condition has worsened since I brought her in this morning. Her fever is higher, and her throat and her head are now throbbing. I can feel some of her pain through the force, and it's immensely painful. I doubt that she has a cold now." Master Clamenza scratched his chin and glanced down at Naiomi, whose eyes were squeezed shut. Her forehead was drenched in sweat, and she was tossing and turning. *What will Anakin and Padme say when they hear about this? Will they blame it all on me?*

Clamenza felt Naiomi's forehead, and took her temperature. "She's 105 point 6 degrees right now. That's horribly too high for a three-year-old. I'm afraid she's going to have to stay here until I make a diagnosis and treat her. I'm sorry."

I sighed, and ran my fingers through my hair. "I guess I better try to contact Anakin and Padme and inform them about this." I really didn't want to ruin their trip, because I knew they desperately needed to be alone together. Padme had been too sad and depressed after Anakin lost his memory, and I knew she had to somehow eliminate that. *And now I have to bring them back here.*

"I am sorry." Clamenza repeated.

"It's not your fault."

"And it's not yours, either. You know how children are, especially younger ones. They spread germs and illnesses faster than a trip through hyperspace. She'll be fine, don't worry about it."

I was silent for a few moments before I spoke again. "Thank you for all your help. I'll be back in a few moments with some of her belongings."

~*NAIOMI*~
    I listened to the conversation between Master Clamenza and Master Obi-Wan. I have to stay in the healer's wing for the night?! But I don't wanna! I want to sleep in my own bed in the same room with my sister, and in the same house as

4. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Oooo, posting it up... good idea... gotta shift some of my fics here, too...

5. Monica_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    Bobill: Yea, I just thought it would be easier to repost this story. Though Destiny at Hand is going to be a hassle to move... :eek:

Here's the new post! :)

And Naiomi's speech is supposed to be spelled weird! :p

~*ANAKIN*~
    Padmé stared at me in disbelief, a look of pure shock on her face. "You...you remember?" She studdered, and I nodded. A wide grin spread across her face, one that I hadn't seen in quite a long time. *I'm so glad that she's smiling again* I thought, and I smiled too.

"Yay, daddy's wemembering things," Naiomi squealed, clapping her hands. Everyone laughed, including her. *It's like our family is united again. We're all smiles and laughter again.*

"When will he remember everything?" Naido asked, and as quickly as the smiles came, they vanished. The room was silent, until I spoke up.

"Soon, I hope. I'm remembering more and more each day. It won't be long, I promise."

"So who wants to make another family rug?" Padmé asked, changing the subject. The smiles reappeared on children's faces, and they all jumped up in joy.

"I do!" Leia shouted, raising her hand.

"Me too!" Naido added, raising his hand as well.

"I do, I do!" Naiomi yelled, running into her room to get the old rug.

"When do we start?" Luke asked, which caused me to laugh.

It's getting late," I looked at the chrono on the wall, seeing that it was 9:30. "You all should probably go to bed now." *And now for the groans...*

"But I don't wanna!" Naido whined, crossing his arms across his chest in protest.

"Neither do I!" Leia agreed, slouching against me.

"Do we have to?" Naiomi asked, her lower lip jutted out. *She knows I can't resist the puppy face!*

"Just this once, you may." Padmé answered, and all four of the kids cheered.

"But we don't have the supplies!" Luke pointed out, and I nodded.

"Oh well, I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow."

10 minutes later....

I spoke too soon. I would've been at home sleeping right now if it hadn't been for Padmé's brilliant idea. Humph! Some good idea!

I walked down the aisle of the craft store, still upset that my wife had made me get the supplies. *Me and my big mouth.* I found the area with the rugs, and picked out a light blue circular rug that was almost identical to the one we had at home. I quickly picked out a few colors of yarn, and went to the checkout.

20 minutes later....

I walked into the craft store for the secont time tonight, more upset than ever.

"Darn colors of yarn. Apparently brown's not a good enough color for my family. It's not my fault I grew up on a brown planet!" I mumbled as I picked up some blue colored yarn and proceeded to the checkout counter yet again. The woman who was at the register gave me a weird look, since I had now been in the store twice in the past half hour. "Did you find everything you needed?"

*If I hadn't, I wouldn't be standing here!* I thought. "Yes." I mumbled, taking the yarn and exiting the store.

Another 15 minutes later....

"Darn blue yarn. Apparently the yarn can't match the rug, or it won't show up!" I muttered, walking in the yarn aisle for the third time this evening. I grabbed a handful of different colors, making sure that I didn't pick any blues and browns. As I approached the woman at the register again, she gave me an even weirder look than before, which I didn't think was possible. "Are you sure you found everything?"

"Yes!" I spat, and she rang up the yarn again, and I left the store for the third-and final time that night.

5 minutes later....

Or so I thought. I forgot to get Padmé her dark blue yarn. Well, I didn't forget it, she just told me that she wanted dark blue the moment I got home. *Women*

I darted past the checkout woman and into the yarn aisle, where I grabbed every single color of yarn that they had (including the browns and blues), and made my way to the checkout area slowly (it was hard to see over the yarn).

As the woman rang up the yarns yet again, she star

6. Darthina_Christine

Darthina_Christine Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    I would have posted a bit earlier but my internet decided to stop working :mad: ?[face_plain]

Anyways...
    [face_laugh] Poor Anakin... having to go to the store a zillion times [face_laugh]

Thats really cute that they are making another family rug :D

OOO Fun Fun! Having to re-post all the Fan-Fiction Stories... *is glad that she is not an author*

Great Post!

7. ForbiddenAngel

ForbiddenAngel Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 2, 2002
    Very cool Monica! I love all your stories! Keep posting!

8. Emperor_Joe

Emperor_Joe Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    Ahhh, yarn confusion. The browns, blue, greens, colors that look the same but aren't. Is there a diffrence between blue-gray and gray-blue? He will probly have to go back in the morning to get more of a particular color.

9. Monica_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    Darthina_Christine: I hate it when my internet does that. :mad: Doesn't it drive you crazy? I enjoyed writing this post, especially the craft store part. [face_laugh] Thanks! :)

ForbiddenAngel: [face_blush] Thanks! :) I love all of your stories as well!

Joe: Thanks! :D I don't know if there's a difference between those colors...

I'll get more up as soon as possible! Thanks for the comments! :D

10. Monica_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
  11. Emperor_Joe

Aug 7, 2002
  12. -LadyVader-

-LadyVader- Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 30, 2002
    This is great! 0.0 I'm going to have to go back and read the first one for sure!

-LadyVader

13. Monica_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    Joe: Thanks for the up! :)

-LadyVader-: Thanks! :)

I'll get another post up as soon as I can, which will most likely be tomorrow! :)

14. Monica_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    Here's a post! :)

~*ANAKIN*~
    "Wake up! Wake up!" I felt someone shaking my shoulders. I turned over, looking at the chrono on the wall.

"It's five o'clock in the morning." I groaned to all four kids, who were standing around my bed. "What do you want?"

"We wanna make are rug!" Naiomi exclaimed, climbing on the bed between Padmé and I.

"Now?!" Padmé whispered, shaking her head in amusement. She was always up early, unlike me. I was still exhausted from all my trips to the craft store last night.

"Yeah!" Luke cried, and I glanced at Padmé.

"Why don't you four go set up the supplies while daddy and I make breakfast?" Padmé suggested.

The children all smiled. "We already did it." Leia said proudly, and I sighed.

"We'll be out in a minute." The kids cheered, and ran out of the room.

Padmé turned to me. "What happened to our children? They used to be quiet, sweet kids that slept in later than we did. Now they're waking us up!" Padmé got out of bed and walked towards the 'fresher.

"Aren't you going to get up, Ani?"

I sighed. "How many times do I have to tell you, my name is Anakin."

She laughed. "Fine. Aren't you going to get up, Anakin?"

I smiled. "In a minute."

She nodded. "When I come out of the 'fresher, I expect you to be up and dressed."

I nodded. "By the time you get out of the 'fresher, I'll be 95 years old!" Padmé came over and hit me upside the head.

"Ow! I was only kidding, sweetie." I rubbed the spot where she hit me as she closed the 'fresher door, a wicked smile on her face.

"Let's start!" I walked into the living room to see the kids sitting on the floor by the rug. All around them was yarn, in every color imaginable. I sighed, shaking my head. *I spent a lot of money on that yarn, but at least I never have to go back to that darn craft store again!*

"Hey daddy, where's the needles?" Luke asked.

Padmé stifled a giggle. "We don't have any."

My mouth dropped open. "Don't look at me, I'm not going back to that craft store!"

3 minutes later...
    I walked into the craft store, wearing one of Padmé's wigs, a long, black trenchcoat, and black sunglasses. I might have looked stupid dressed in all black, but I didn't want to be recognized.

I quickly grabbed a few needles, and went to the checkout lane, where the same lady I had seen last time I was here was standing. *Doesn't she ever sleep?* I wondered as I took out my wallet and paid for the needles.

"Did you find everything okay, sir?"

I nodded. "Yes."

She looked at me for a moment. "Do I know you?"

*This is not happening. No, it's just a dream. Who would recognize me like this?!* "No."

She didn't look away. "I think I do. Hey! You're that man that bought all the yarn last night!"

I scowled, picked up the needles, and left the store, oblivious to the comments I heard as I was leaving. *I am never, ever going back there no matter what!*

15. Darthina_Christine

Oct 6, 2002
    [face_laugh] Thats wonderful [face_laugh]

"Hey daddy, where's the needles?" Luke asked.

Padmé stifled a giggle. "We don't have any."

My mouth dropped open. "Don't look at me, I'm not going back to that craft store!"
    AHahahah Poor Anakin has to make *another* trip to the craft store :p

*This is not happening. No, it's just a dream. Who would recognize me like this?!* "No."

She didn't look away. "I think I do. Hey! You're that man that bought all the yarn last night!"
    OOOO figured out at last... Poor Anakin [face_laugh]

I scowled, picked up the needles, and left the store, oblivious to the comments I heard as I was leaving. *I am never, ever going back there no matter what!*
    Now that you said that... you'll probably have to go back! [face_laugh]

Great Post! :D

16. Emperor_Joe

Aug 7, 2002
    Anakin, You will probly go back many more times. It is your destany.

17. Monica_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    Darthina_Christine: lol, Poor Anakin's right! :p He'll get over it, though...maybe! :p Thanks! :D

Joe: lol, maybe it is! :p

I'll try to get another post up soon! :)

18. Monica_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
  19. Emperor_Joe

Aug 7, 2002
    POWER TO THE UP!

20. Monica_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    Joe: Thanks for the up! :) I hope to get a post up either tonight or tomorrow! :)

21. Monica_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    Up!

There will be a post tonight!

22. Emperor_Joe

Aug 7, 2002
    MS!MS!MS!MS!
    MS!
    MS!
    MS!MS!MS!MS!

---MS!MS!
    -MS!----MS!
    -MS!----MS!
    -MS!----MS!
    ---MS!MS!

---MS!MS!
    -MS!----MS!
    -MS!----MS!
    -MS!----MS!
    ---MS!MS!

MS!
    MS!
    MS!
    MS!
    MS!MS!EJ!

23. Monica_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    Joe: Thanks for the up! :)

Here's the post! :)

~*ANAKIN*~
    After two days, hours of sewing, three more trips to the craft store, and three rolls of yarn apiece, the second rug was completed. After a few hours of deliberation, it was decided that both rugs would go in the living room, where they would be put side-by-side. The six of us stood next to each other, admiring our work. It had taken a lot of work to make sure that everyone put a message for everyone on the rug, because after a while, we began to run out of room, and almost every inch of the rug was covered.

Everyone in the family had a certain color that they used, so that the messages wouldn't get mixed up. Padmé's color was pink, Naiomi's was light green, Leia's was purple, Luke's was dark blue, Naido's was light blue, and I was stuck with the brown. ("Since you like brown so much, why don't you use it?" Padmé had insisted, and so I was stuck with it.

Once we began sewing, we hardly ever stopped. We laughed while we threaded, talking about the stupidest thing, such as what kind of creature (no matter what their intelligence level) would watch a television show called My Gungan Husband about a male Gungan who was married to a human female, but in love with someone of Master Yoda's species. Padmé objected, stating that the show was very intersting, which caused the rest of us to burst into a fit of giggles.

I didn't really understand how much the ordeal of me losing my memory had affected the family until I was thinking of what message I wanted to give to each of the kids. We hadn't spent as much time together as I would've liked, but while we were sitting on the living room floor making the rug, we bonded more than ever. I found out that Naiomi had a flare for adventure, Naido loved watching cartoons every morning, especially ones with a popular charactor called Spongebob, Luke loved to draw, and Leia loved to read. Spending two entire days with my family had been one of the best experiences of my life, and I knew it was something I would never forget.

The moment the rug was completed, we cleaned up (and believe me, that took us a lightyear. We had to pick up every single roll of yarn, and it turned out that I had bought 12,390 packages or yarn! Trust me, I will never have to buy yarn again!), and read over our beautiful rug.

Naiomi's comments:
    Naiomi, you're one of the sweetest little girls I've ever met, and I'm very proud to call you my daughter. Love, Daddy

My baby, I love you very much, and I know that you will become a great Jedi. Love, Mom

Naiomi, I know you become a great Jedi, just like me. Love, Naido

Naiomi, Having you for a sister is truly a gift from the Force. Love, Luke

Naiomi, You are a great sister, and I can't wait to see what wacky thing we'll do next! Love, Leia

Naido's comments:
    Naido, When I'm with you, there is never a dull moment! Love, Luke

Naido, I like Spongebob, too! :p Love, Naiomi

Naido, If you ever need anyone to talk to, I'll be there for you. Love, Leia

My darling Naido, I remember the moment I first saw you. You had this big smile on your face that was so much like your father's, and I remember thinking, "How can this be my son, he looks so handsome!" Love, Mom

Son, Don't try to grow up too fast, because before you know it, you'll be the one going to the craft fair! Love, Dad

Leia's comments:
    Leia, Before you call me a big ugly loser, remember, I'm your twin! :p I love you, and I hope that when we're old and grey, we'll still be good friends. Love, Luke

Leia, Your the greatest sister a girl cound ever ask for. Love, Naiomi P.S. When you get married, can I be your maid of honor?

Leia, I'm glad you're my sister, because you're always there for me when I need you. I love you, Naido

Sweetie, You were the second girl to enter my life since your mother, and I couldn't love you any more if I tried. Love, Dad P.S. Remember, when you start dating, your boyfriend's going

24. Emperor_Joe

Aug 7, 2002
    Wow. That was beautful! It said so much. It showed how close and how far the Skywalkers are. Wonderfully writen.

25. Darthina_Christine

Oct 6, 2002
    One Word to sum up that post: AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

ehehe thats just so cute! :)

Anyways, I loved the refrences to Soap Operas and Spongebob! :D

Great Post!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.