main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Light of Better Days (an Obi-wan vignette, set shortly after the Clone Wars)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Killik_Swarm, Nov 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Killik_Swarm

Killik_Swarm Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 13, 2005
    Title: The Light of Better Days
    Author(s): Killik_Twilight
    Timeframe: Three months after Revenge of the Sith
    Characters: Obi-wan Kenobi
    Genre:
    Keywords:
    Summary:
    Notes:

Obi-wan sat in his small hut, deep in thought.

The Empire, lead by Palpatine?a man he had once supported?now ruled the galaxy.

The Jedi Order was virtually extinct, its only hope lying in two small babies, twin children of one who had helped destroy the Jedi.

Even though virtually all of Palpatine?s opponents were either dead or discredited, Obi-wan had vowed not to give up the fight. He knew others were doing the same?Yoda, Bail, scattered Separatists units now fighting against an even great foe?but for the moment, the Empire seemed insurmountable.

How was a Resistance supposed to succeed in the face of such awesome military might?

It had only been three months since he?d fought Anakin on Mustafar, but in that three months, the galaxy had changed with frightening speed. Obi-wan had set up a conduit in Mos Eisley where Bail could send him messages on the state of things, and so far, everything had gone from bad to worse.

Aliens were being enslaved right and left, their property taken and redistributed through the whims of ?High Human Culture.?

COMPOR, once a force of cohesiveness in the Republic, had now changed into COMPNOR, to ?preserve? the Empire.

With all of the people who were disappearing nowadays, Obi-wan suspected that COMPNOR was doing more than just helping keep the Empire together?no doubt they were engaging in kidnapping and torture as well, if the reports Bail was funneling Obi-wan were at all accurate.

It seemed to Obi-wan that hope was steadily being crushed in the galaxy, each spark smashed before it could become a threat to Palpatine?s dictatorial rule.

Even so, a secret resistance was forming. A resistance that understood that it might have to fight to remove Palpatine from power.

And in twenty or so years, two twins would be old enough, and?or so Obi-wan hoped?trained well enough to defeat Palpatine in open Force-combat.

In the meantime, Obi-wan knew, he had to preserve the light of better days.

All hope could not be crushed, as long as one spark remained.

[fin]

I hope you like it!

KT

2. Killik_Swarm

Killik_Swarm Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 13, 2005
    Hmm? I wonder if anyone has seen this. *shrugs* Well, in case all ya'll out there want to, here's an boost to the story.

KT

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I hadn't but like this very much. Poor Obi-Wan, having to watch from afar as all he spent his life devoted to is undone.

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    This was very good! I missed it earlier as my online time during the weekend is sporadic at best! :D

Nice work! =D=

5. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    All hope could not be crushed, as long as one spark remained.

Very insightful and well done!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.