***The Lightsaber Choreography Contest Begins***

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by ObiJuan2080, Jan 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: AdamBertocci
  1. Sir_Gunblade Jedi Padawan

Same here, watching them on the big screen with Whiteley, AaronE23, and Shane. I'm cool with torrents, I've never used vimeo, but please keep them off youtube...
  2. SilentBat Force Ghost

star 4
    ^^^

I'm jealous. We should have had a party.

Only thing about YouTube ... they've been crackin' down on copy written music so some people's videos would upload with no sound at all.
  3. tumblemoster Jedi Master

star 4
    Guys, you all need to relax. A series of issues cropped up, sabercomp.com is acting wonky. So you know, help out or shut up and wait.
  4. Vidina Force Ghost

star 4
    I've given my advice, not sure if there's any more I can do to help. Torrents would be great, but the initial seeding process would take forever, should ObiJuan have a bad upload speed. I've got 10Mbit down and up, so I'd seed for as long as it takes, but it'd require me to actually have the files first.
  5. Ryan_W VIP

VIP
    star 4
    Is there a reason you can't make a second Vimeo account and upload the rest to that one?
  6. -Spiff- Jedi Master

star 4
    This happens every contest. It's like part of the tradition or something.

-Spiff
  7. ObiJuan2080 Force Ghost

star 4
    I just checked YouTube, and yes you can make your vids private, but according to the site itself, you can make it private and only viewable to 25 people.

Try it yourself. Go to your YouTube account and edit one of your clips. Then go to Broadcasting and Sharing Options, it's there, as bright as day: "Private (Viewable by up to 25 people)".

Also, as far as having a private account, again from the site itself: "Currently there isn't a way to make your profile private.".

Consensus? Vimeo Wins.

EDIT: And yes Ryan I am making a second account. So you'll all have both Streaming and Downloading options still.
  8. PaplooTheory Force Ghost

star 5
    If we had to go the Torrent route, I also have the files and could definitely help seed it. I'm on Comcast, and, while they suck, they also have relatively fast upload speeds.

But, regardless, I concur on the Vimeo idea.
  9. Master_Comyn Jedi Master

star 4
    Goodness, ya'll are gettin' fussy!
  10. Sith-Man Force Ghost

star 4
    For some reason, I was under the impression that the entries would've been up by now. I'd take it there were some complications of some kind? I haven't been following the thread for a while...
  11. Vidina Force Ghost

star 4
    Read the 10-20 previous posts, then.
  12. PaplooTheory Force Ghost

star 5
    Well, I am seeding for whenever the link goes live...
  13. tumblemoster Jedi Master

star 4
    Release is eminent. Look for a new thread soon.
  14. Vidina Force Ghost

star 4
  15. ObiJuan2080 Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_dancing], yes I can't wait!

Oh...
  16. Ricky_Calrissian Jedi Grand Master

star 3
  17. storm8105 Jedi Knight

star 1
  18. DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I know we've got this sorted out, but I'm confused. Are the LCC entries not supposed to be available to the public? If we don't care who watches them, then what's the problem? You upload the videos in advance and keep the videos private until the date of their release, when you make them public. Is it that you want to make them private except to people here? Why?
  19. ObiJuan2080 Force Ghost

star 4
    That's not at all what I'm saying Mike. The reason making them private is important is because while I'm uploading them, I wouldn't want people sneaking in a peek before hand. Mostly due to making sure the upload went through fine, and I'll tell you, I had to re-upload a few files because Vimeo had a brain fart.
  20. DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus

star 6
    But why is Vimeo better for this than YouTube?

YouTube allows you to designate up to 25 specific YouTube accounts who would be able to access the video while it is private (for example, the judges). But they have to be logged into their account, and if you don't specify anyone, nobody has access until you make it public.
  21. elemental_fantasy Jedi Master

star 4
    I dont like vimeo, it always skips and never plays fully smooth on my PC. All the entry's this year are very hard to watch due to how vimeo's playback is on my pc, yet, I never ever had a problem with you tube videos playing smooth.

Any reason why vimeo wont play smoothly on my PC?? I will not download all the entry's, I also cant really enjoy watching them on the linked host page as there is too many problems with online playback.
  22. tumblemoster Jedi Master

star 4
    Vimeo's better because it's compression quality isn't complete no. Unless you upload HD resolution source, youtube defaults to it's hideous craptacular SD compression settings. Vimeo isn't great, but it's far better than youtube.
  23. Ryan_W VIP

VIP
    star 4
    What the hell is going on around here? We can say "very cute" now?
  24. tumblemoster Jedi Master

star 4
    why do you people do this to me
  25. Evil-Henchman Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, I noticed that the "S" word slipped by the mods in the social thread recently. Tsk tsk. Lazy mods. Yeah, I'm talking to you Adam. *runs from bansaber*
Moderators: AdamBertocci
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.