main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Lightsaber

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by jedijax, Mar 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Where did Vader's saber go when Luke chopped off his hand in the ROTJ duel?

Could it have fallen to Endor when the DS2 exploded?

If so maybe the saber scene flying through space is Vader's falling to Endor.

This is the only scene of a LS falling the space and planet atmosphere that I can make sense of myself.

Would also be a great link to ROTJ.

The Saber would be on the same planet as Vader's Helmet but not necessarily in the same location.

2. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    Vader's lightsaber and hand fell into the same reactor shaft which the Emperor was thrown down. What happened to it down there is unknown.

3. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Well, didn't Vader's hand float through space in the EU and land at the bottom of the sea, on a random planet?

4. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    That's the EU. These are movies. Irrelevant.

The point is that there is no purpose for a saber that was lost 30 years ago. If nobody ever got it, then there's no special plans in it.

5. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    And unless Luke changed the lightsaber crystal inside of it, our heroes would be using a Lightsaber with a Sith blade.

6. Wildcatbarry

Jan 23, 2015
    I would think that Vader's saber was still on Endor.

If Kylo is a sith artifact collector then I am sure he would want his Grandfather's lightsaber.

7. SLASHAXL

SLASHAXL Jedi Master star 2

Dec 25, 2005

I like this theory,

8. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Well it does make sense that the lightsaber has been sought (probably by Uber) since the massacre at the academy. Kylo doesn't need it for himself, but is ordered to hunt it down for Uber. Perhaps it was something from the massacre that is of utmost importance. Perhaps plans were put in the lightsaber by Uber long ago that contained some sort of device for detecting Jedi (that was rumored a while back). It could be how the academy was discovered the first time and how Uber wants to discover other Force sensitives (including and especially Luke) this time.

So....
    The device was used to find Luke and the academy and is thus there at the time.
    The device is dropped or taken out of the hands of the bad guys somehow.
    Rose finds it. Somehow SHE gets it jettisoned into space (still seems like a risky thing to shoot into space)
    Uber wants it back. It's his only way to find Luke.

Could work! It's sure better than plans to another superweapon.

SLASHAXL likes this.
  9. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
    Just to make sure this stays on "the path," remember that at the end of the film, Kira returns to Luke what "Belongs to him."

10. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    so his green saber??? (makes more sense)
    or is it the Bespin saber that hasn't belonged to him in more than 3 decades???

nightangel likes this.
  11. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    He said earlier this morning that we'll see a blue lightsaber in the trailer next month, so I'm assuming it's the Bespin one. Which, granted, I find strange, but alas.

nightangel and starocean90 like this.
  12. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    he did I did not know he said the blue will appear in a trailer, but how does Luke supposedly put coordinates to his location in a lightsaber he hasn't possessed in more than 3 decades.

nightangel likes this.
  13. Wildcatbarry

Jan 23, 2015
    I would say as Luke went on quests to find academy students he came across light sabers or searched for them as well.

Probably had a stock of sabers he either found, retrieved or built.

14. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    Yeah, it was on the last page of this thread. We don't know the exact timeline of events, in terms of how soon after Return of the Jedi did Luke establish the Academy, when were they decimated, did he go into secrecy immediately after or did he do some important work before taking himself off the radar, etc. At some point in the intervening three decades, he must have acquired it again and had time to put his coordinates inside. The only part that troubles me is the fact that his lightsaber either A) was lost in the bowels of Cloud City, or B) flew into the core of a gas giant. Assuming A is the scenario we're talking about here, either Luke went back to Cloud City to search for it, or Vader went back for it after Luke and co. fled at the end of The Empire Strikes Back, and Luke found it sometime after Return of the Jedi. They're going to have to explain this at some point, because while I have no issues with the lightsaber surviving atmospheric reentry, I do want to know how Luke got it back.

15. MakingStarWars

Oct 20, 2008
    I very much doubt this matter, but Darth Vader and the Empire know the saber is on Bespin. It would't have been a big deal for Vader to order it found and it was found.

The saber with Finn in the new teaser is blue.

I was pretty convinced it was Luke's green lightsaber but now I have my doubts.

16. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    you seem to know a lot about teaser #2.:D
    when do you plan to spoil what you know???

nightangel likes this.
  17. MakingStarWars

Oct 20, 2008

I know very little.

18. Wildcatbarry

Jan 23, 2015
    I would think Luke has his green saber in possession.

As Obi-Wan tells Anakin - "Try no to loose it, this weapon is your life".

19. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    OK. Let's start with the informed assumption that the lightsaber at the beginning of TFA is Luke's blue lightsaber that he lost on Bespin. Now all we have to do is figure out how it got to the space above the desert planet, why it's there, why the Empire wants it, and why the Republic wants it.

Quick, before the new teaser answers these questions! :)

Flapjack4 and Wildcatbarry like this.
  20. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    I wonder if JJA is doing it deliberately? Perhaps there will be another shot of Rey looking anxious or whatever.

21. Fruit Pastilles

Fruit Pastilles Jedi Master star 3

Dec 21, 2014
    Maybe the lightsaber will have the same role as the One Ring in the Lord of the Rings, where the Dark Lord Sauron is seeking this from the hands of Frodo (in this case, Kylo Ren seeking it from Rey) because of its special powers. It could have a special crystal that enhances your Force abilities or whatever, something that makes it unique.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  22. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Wait... I have been very tired these past few days so I may have missed it... You have a legit description of the new trailer?

23. Nando

Nando Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2014
    Luke may have caught blue Saber in the castle of Vader. Luke may have made a memorial at the castle of Vader. May have been that Kylo took the vader helmet.

24. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000

Jason knows very little about the new teaser. He has hinted at the blue lightsabre a couple of times recently and I'm sure that if he knew much more he would have said so one way or another.

TheBBP likes this.
  25. Wildcatbarry

Jan 23, 2015
    It is possible this whole saber floating in space\falling to a planet rumor is just to get us off on an old rabbit trail.

This misdirection by JJA is meant to bring down our expectations a few notches only for us to be "totally blown away" like Alderaan in the theater on 12/18/2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.