main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Lightsaber

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by jedijax, Mar 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    What I'm getting at is Darth Vader had been seeking out all the information he could get his hands on about Darth Plagueis and when he retrieved his old lightsaber he used the crystal inside to create a holocron or something like it in which he placed all of this info in to. This would include a map to his tomb. After his death Luke found what his father had done and realized how dangerous it was. So he takes it to protect it from getting in the wrong hands. Then the academy slaughter happens and the lightsaber is lost so Luke has no choice but to guard the tomb in case anyone comes looking for it.

Kylo Ren is after the lightsaber because he wants what's on it so he can find the tomb. Maybe he wants to learn from Plagueis or (and I like this idea better) he wants to use the catapult to destroy the Sith Master once and for all. I have this idea that Kylo is a character sort of like Gollum. He was kidnapped at a young age (probably by Inquisitors) and raised to be a Sith. It wasn't his choice like it was for Anakin so he despises them for what they did to him but also like Gollum he despises himself for being consumed by the dark side. It would allow him to have an arc that's quite different from either Palpatine or Vader. He's not completely evil and could help the heroes defeat Plagueis in the end but he's also beyond redemption and so must also be destroyed.

2. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015

Mesa Lika diez.

3. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    if it is anakin's blue saber it's an excellent link between all three trilogies. if they can pull it off effectively it will be amazing.

4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    To make it a little less complicated maybe Vader discovered Plagueis' holocron but it needed a certain type of crystal to power it up. Vader looked everywhere for the correct one but couldn't find it until he retrieved his old lightsaber. Because Anakin and Plagueis were so bound by the Force his old crystal worked. Luke discovered this also but then the lightsaber is lost.

5. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i still love the idea, i talked about here before, where vader is still secretly trying to unlock info about plagueis so he can resurrect padme.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  6. dan1210

dan1210 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 27, 2015
    makes more sense to me that the saber is vaders red blade.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  7. dan1210

Mar 27, 2015
    ohh i like that, good idea.

8. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    I can already imagine a dialogue line when Kylo finally gets his hands on the mysterious lightsaber: "my precious. my precious". [face_devil][face_laugh]

[​IMG]

9. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    I remember when ManaByte or you were saying it's green and kinda mocking anyone who thought otherwise. Not sure who it was but just saying.....

This is why it's best to not assume you know the truth till you ACTUALLY KNOW FOR SURE. lol

10. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Doesn't happen though, at least not in TFA 'real time'.

11. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008

I never mocked anyone. You might want to know who you are talking about on that one. I have only made it really clear that lightsaber colors don't matter because the artist just colored the saber according to their choice of blue or green. The initial hand with saber rumor when I heard it had Luke's ROTJ saber. But everything since then has been different or inconsistent.

My source has seen the new teaser and Finn has a blue one.

12. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013

Did your source describe the trailer to you?

13. MakingStarWars

Oct 20, 2008
    No comment.

14. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    I take that as a "yes" then.:p

15. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000

I presume you are feeling quietly confident at the moment then? Like, no surprises?

16. dan1210

Mar 27, 2015
    Interesting post from thejeditraitor,
    Just finished watching jedi with my 9 yr old daughter (her first time) she actually likes starwars and is looking forward to the new film. What i found interesting was that darth vader has lukes saber for some time until he hands it to the emperor, could this be an opportunity to add the coordinates to whatever the rumours are about in the saber?
    If it does turn out to be the green blade with the same hilt this could well be quite a clever tie in...or just a bonkers idea! :confused:

17. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Rumors:
    • Lightsaber flying through space
    • A light saber lands on planet surface
    • A hand grabs it to pick it up
    • Legion of strom troopers in a battle scene in a forest
    Potential conclusion based on these rumors: Could this be a flashback to the end of ROTJ? Could that be Vader's red saber flying through space from the exploding death star and landing on Endor? Is it Luke's hand picking it up?

SkywalkerOG likes this.
  18. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    We already know the hand is that of an alien. We also know the planet is a new planet and it is savannah-like. We also know that soon after it is found, Poe comes, followed by Kylo and his crew.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  19. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    As some others have pointed out, if Finn is not Force sensitive, what´s the point or marketing him with a lightsaber? I know he uses one in the movie, but that could make Finn´s fans unhappy if he ends up not being a Jedi.

Could the scene sheets you have have missed that part?

20. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    It would be trolling of the highest order.

21. MakingStarWars

Oct 20, 2008

I don't think we do know the hand is an alien. The role is for Naka. I think the name has people assuming it is an alien and it very well may be. But Panaka wasn't an alien and he has pretty much the same name.

22. MakingStarWars

Oct 20, 2008

You know, I think the verdict is still out on that one. I honestly don't think we're going to know if he's adept and attuned in the Force until we see how he fights Kylo. He might have the knack for it. Kira is special by comparison though. If Finn and Rose end up together at the end of the movie, we might see something come of that by Episode VIII.

Why market it that way? Well, it is a shot from the movie. It is a shot from the biggest fight in the film. I personally believe the reason the saber goes to Kira and not Finn is because he desires it. But that's my reading of the sequence.

nightangel and starocean90 like this.
  23. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013

What do you mean by special by comparison?

starocean90 likes this.
  24. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    Confirmed: An old, down on his luck, Captain of a Queen's guard-turned moisture farmer Panaka will be the one who retrieves the lightsaber. JJ's gonna satisfy the PT fans right at the beginning, and then never reference them again. :)

SkywalkerOG and Wildcatbarry like this.
  25. MakingStarWars

Oct 20, 2008
    She's basically doing "parkour." She's more of a Jedi in that respect. She's doing moves that make her sound like an exceptional warrior by nature (which you can read into via the Flashback sequence).

nightangel and starocean90 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.