main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Austin,TX **The Line has begun!**

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Grendelbob, Apr 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grendelbob

Grendelbob Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 5, 2000
    as of 1:00 AM myself, Trace, and a few of our original campers from '99 started the line at Gateway.

For questions about doing time in the line, the best thing to do is stop by sometime in the evening (7:30- 8:30) to see what plans are being made. Since we don't currently have any wireless internet capabilities it will be difficlult to keep constant updates via email or the boards.

My group of campers from '99 has set up station at the corner next to the box-office and we expect to use most of the space in front of and just behind the pay phones. Austin FF will be the next group behind us still under the protective overhang just past the pay phones. Trust me, the overhang is the best place to be to avoid the sun and rain.

We have already established our presence there and are getting a lot of support from the regular theater go-ers. The excitement is building and we actually had other campers from 99 stop to chat with us. The management at Gateway has stopped by and given their approval, yet no news on ticket sales.

More news to come when I am able to get to a web connection.

also, of the 3 payphones out there, only one consistantly works. Referred to as "line 3" it is the farthest right of the 3 phones. the number is 512-343-0139. The ringer is kind of low-volume and will only connect during the first 4 or 5 rings. So if you call and cannot reach anyone, try it a few times.

~B

2. Kimbote

Kimbote Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2002
    Congratulations!!! :)

I'll be sure to drop by today sometime and see how I can help out.

- Brian

3. neumera

neumera Jedi Master star 2

Nov 26, 2000
    I'll be bringing the Austin Fan Force banner that I had made a while back to put up. See you this evening!

-Anne

4. Jedi_Depa_Billada

Jedi_Depa_Billada Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2001
    i got your email about the meeting being held at the line...

this is gonna be neat, i wish i could stand in line with the rest of you. but i'll be at the meeting this saturday.

5. Jedi_Leroy

Jedi_Leroy Jedi Master star 1

Apr 3, 2001
    Let the games begin!!!

Whoo!

It's going to be a blast sitting there in line watching all the Spiderman fans go in. Heck, when I'm doing my tour of duty I may just wear my Yoda outfit. It'd be funny to see Yoda sitting there in line, what do ya'll think?

6. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Wow. I'm impressed. Good luck, and have fun!

:D

7. DarthBarf

DarthBarf Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2001
    I am going to be there Sunday morning (May 5). Is anyone else going to be there then?
    Who is staying over Sat night? Who is coming Sun afternoon?

8. Vida

Vida Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2002
    Rock on guys! Im new here and no one knows me but ill see if I can get there and chat with you guys for a while or something.

9. Jedi_Leroy

Apr 3, 2001
    Well, I had volunteered for duty on Saturday and Sunday, but then received a PM from Grendelbob that sounded like I wasn't part of the group and should talk with Neumera, so I haven't the foggiest idea if I'm supposed to be there at a certain time or not. :(

So neumera and Grendelbob, if either of your groups need somebody just let me know, I'm volunteering but it seems I may be un-needed.

10. Grendelbob

Dec 5, 2000
    ok, just to clarify:

There are 2 groups in line right now. Austin Fan Force and the group of original campers we had from 99. I am not trying to make a division wall between our groups in line. Trace and I are the in-betweens of the 2 groups. Please do not look at this for anything more than that.

I'm not one for creating any type of line-politics, so before this gets out of hand let me explain what's going on:

1. we have at least ten people involved with both groups who will be in Indianapolis for celebration II.

2. we need people to come out and help with the line

3. the line is a co-op. In 99 everyone helped everyone else out when needed and it worked great.

4. we are all fan-boys one way or another, so in the end we are still all one group

That said, let's move on. I am tied between work and the line this week and will be leaving Wednesday for Indy with Trace. Everyone else going to Indy is pretty much in the same boat. That makes it kind of difficult to keep a constant update running here on the boards, but we are trying our best to do so.

If you are interested in helping with the line, feel free to contact us. However, it is much easier to get an idea of who wants to help when you stop by the line. Even if it is for only a few minutes or so.

Let's stay focused on the good times we will have in the next few weeks and how we are showing to the public our excitement for this movie.

11. Jedi_Leroy

Apr 3, 2001
    Hallelujah!

Thanks Grendelbob! I've been trying to figure out this whole group situation for a week, so thanks for the explanation. I'll make sure to stop by the line to see if you guys need help. Should I stop by before Wednesday (as in tonight)?

12. Grendelbob

Dec 5, 2000
    absolutely! anyone that's interested should try to stop by tonite. Everyone heading for Indy may or may not be there past tomorrow afternoon.

Tonite would be a good nite for the pre-Indy party!

13. neumera

neumera Jedi Master star 2

Nov 26, 2000
    Excellent Idea! Joanie and I were planning to stay out there tonight anyway. We'll bring some munchies and Star Wars trivial pursuit and the the Star Wars life game as well. See you there.

-Anne

14. Biggs_Darkpiss

Biggs_Darkpiss Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2002
    Hello Comrades, I am new here on this Forum. Some of you I have seen before and others I am meeting for the first time. Don't be afraid when you see me lurking around the campsite at night. I am just the head of security around here and will not hesitate to Jar Jar mask the obnoxious ones and put hard swift punch in it. Those kind of decisions will have to be unanimous of course so everbody must have some fun. On a serious note though, I am fairly quiet and I will enjoy offering my assistance for..................... Star Wars Deux Le Attack Du Clon....See you in a few Trace.

15. Grendelbob

Dec 5, 2000
    this is just to clarify that the above post is not the Trace we know, not the same that is already in line.

Biggs_Darkpiss, introduce yourself. Are you a returning camper?

16. Jedi_Depa_Billada

Jedi_Depa_Billada Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2001
    well...you all in line might be on fox7news. hehehe

17. Biggs_Darkpiss

Biggs_Darkpiss Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2002
    No, I am not that tall drink of water with bed hair and a cup of coffee. I am another fanboy this year who is a mild balance between the Mouli and boy wonder Trace that we all know. I'll give you a face for the name tonight.

18. Jedi_Leroy

Apr 3, 2001
    Hey everybody,

I'm coming by the line tonight (Wednesday night) sometime before 7, anybody going to be there?

19. Grendelbob

Dec 5, 2000
    unfortunately some of the Indy group will be gone or prepiing for departure tonite. but we need to keep up the good work keep our times covered. our main time concern is the morning shift. evening and overnites seem to be ok but the morning is our weakest time slot.

also I have good news, we officially have sponsorship by Ticketcity.com. I am running to their office to talk to Randy Cohen, the CEO today, after I get out of work, to cover the details. I will try to get T-shirts for everybody. I will be back at the line before Trace and I head out for Indianapolis.

I have about 2 1/2 hours before I get out of the office here, and I am finding it very hard to concentrate.

20. topduarte2

topduarte2 Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2002
    I am planning to make it there in the next hour or so to see what is going on.

This is Manny. I was at the last Dog and Duck meeting.

Let me know if there are times that need to be filled out this weekend!!!

Cannot wait!!!

Manny

21. Jedi_Leroy

Apr 3, 2001
    Well, if y'all need me I'm available! Hope you're at the line tonight so I can meet you guys!

22. Grendelbob

Dec 5, 2000
    one last message before we hit the road...

we really need anyone who can make morning shifts to help out. tomorrow morning and tonite's overnite could use some extra bodies. stop by the line or call to find out who's there.

343-0139

thanx guys, and we'll see you monday when we get back!

~B~

23. Darth Arash

Darth Arash Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 1999
    I guess I"ll being see you guys and gals if I"m able to see Spiderman at Gateway on Friday. Good luck with getting the tickets.

24. Ripster

Ripster Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2001
    I might be up there eventually but I'm not sure when.
    SR

25. Jedi_Leroy

Apr 3, 2001
    Good seeing at least one of you guys last night. PM me if you need me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.