main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN THE LINE- When are you planning to start lining up?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by k kanos, Jan 30, 2002.

?

THE LINE- When are you planning to start lining up?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. A week or more before tickets go on sale

11.1%
  2. 2 days before tickets go on sale

11.1%
  3. 24 hours +/- before tickets go on sale

22.2%
  4. After I get off work the evening before

33.3%
  5. The morning of

22.2%
  6. less than an hour before

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Stand in line for tickets? No way! I'm waiting until later that afternoon to see if I can get them

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. No standing in line for me. I'm going to try Fandango.com

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. I can't get off work, so I'm going to have one of my friends get me tickets

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. I have finals, so I'm going to have one of my friends get me tickets

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k kanos

k kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2000
  2. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    This thread was started so we could begin to coordinate a unified group to stand in line this time. It would definitely be cool to have our fan force group up front (plus there is about 60 linear feet of covered walkway on each side of the building ( I'm assuming that the Thorougbred 20 in Cool springs is our theater of choice ) so we could make sure that we are covered in case of inclement weather. I'm guessing that they are going to want us to line up on one side or the other (left side would probably be best), in order not to block both walk ways. We also can't be in front of the exit doors for fire code reasons.

I get extra vacation days this year, so I'm currently planning on lining up sometime on the morning before the day that tickets go on sale. (I'm taking two days off :D ) By the way, I haven't forgotten about the flyers. I still plan to work on them, but have been preoccupied with the shirts right now. I'll start on them when the shirts are done. We have plenty of time. :)

3. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    I voted for more than a week, but it will be in NYC ;)

4. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    It's gonna depend on when the tickets go on sale. Last time tickets went on sale 8 or 9 hrs before the midnight show, I got there about 4 in the afternoon,..stood in line less than 10 minutes. I'll do the same this time if at all possible.

5. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    Here in Nashville, tickets went on sale a week to the day before Episode I. That means that if history repeats itself, we are looking at tickets going on sale May 9th at 2:00 or whenever they decide to open the box office.

The real hype and media blitz came the day before the movie as everyone lined up again just to get in the theater. Tickets by then had been sold out through the weekend. If you are planning on taking vacation time for tickets, you may want to tell your employer that it will be either May 9th (if you are only taking one day off) or May 15th (if for some odd reason tickets aren't being sold until the day before).

I'm currently planning on taking May 8,9,15 (1/2), 16 (1/2). Add in the SW Celebration and I'm taking 6 days off in May for STAR WARS :D It had better be worth it ;) .

6. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    This just in regarding FAN - DANG! :eek:

"Fandango is talking to Twentieth Century Fox about when it can begin selling advanced tickets to the much-anticipated Star Wars sequel. It expects traffic on its site related to Star Wars to surpass the peak it hit with "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone." Fandango sold a million tickets in the three weeks prior the opening of that film." --Alorie Gilbert, Special to ZDNet News

I just hope tickets don't go on sale online prior to the box office opening, or we may get screwed :mad: . However, last time the box office opened at 2:00 and tickets weren't available online until 3:00. I hope that's the same story this year. ;)

7. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Many of those of us at the LOTR opening night were booing the Fandango.com commercial, having had no success with it. It kept logging me out, and wouldn't show the advance ticket dates/times, stating that it opens December 19th (even though it prominently displayed that advance tickets were now available in an ad banner).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.