main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Lion Sleeps Tonight (JA): *New post by HaiGan*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jemmiah, Feb 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    It's going great, isn't it? :) We only started it yesterday and it's already got 50 posts!!!

Lilith: I'm sure Dex would appreciate Krelo's bikini if he ever gets to see it! Mind you, knowing him all the girls on the trip will have bought matching bikinis to try out on him! I can see it now, middle of the night, and all these half dressed woman all hammering on his door! (Actually, I don't think he'd complain!)

Jane: There was nothing wrong or out of place about that post. It captured Quilibet's feelings so strongly. I'm glad Leona's there as a shoulder to cry on. Maybe she should speak to Jemmy, if anyone's the galaxy's leading authority on being a jinx it's her! I can't wait to see how she will feel about being sent on the trip :)

Kylenn: I love Ky's compassion for Kryztan and how his feelings (whatever they may be) for her have always been strong. It's nice to see the human side of Kryztan Harkley. The trip's not going to be easy with so few people speaking to him but at least he'll have Kylenn!

Mouse: Tube Rat!!! It's so great to see how he seems to know when Rela's feeling down in the dumps. I don't blame Rela for wanting to go see the healers! More soon!

Gryph: I love the mother-son relationship of Charsa and Kason. "What-What" indeed! He's got Jemmy down to a T! It's just a pity he wasn't on the cantina crawl. I would have loved to have got him drunk!!!

2. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

Wow!!! What a start everyone! I'd go through everyone individually, but I'd be echoing Jem, so just go back and read her comments twice!!

This is going to be soooo good!

I'll put my first one up tonight.

3. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000
    Four days before departure, morning.

Master Devlin Rikka slipped quietly into the practice room, shielding her presence in case she distracted one of the occupants. The familiar thrum and snap-hiss noise of lightsabres filled the air, but no one took any notice of the tall and lithe master as she stood watching. Two people sat to one side, one already nursing a slight burn on his arm, but like Devlin both were mesmerised by the action in front of them. Flashing blades of amber and green crossed and blocked each other with every flick of the wrist. The deft and fast footwork as the participants moved in their dangerous dance was breathtaking, as was the graceful and flowing arc of their blades. Back and forth they went, neither one holding the advantage for too long, both concentrating solely on each other and listening to the prompting of the force.

The amber blade was suddenly swept low towards the legs of her opponent, but he wasn?t standing there anymore. He landed from his somersault and grinned at the girl, who gave a grin and a slight shrug of her shoulders in return as if to say ?well it was worth having a go.?. Enhancing her jump she covered the distance between them with no effort and the dance started again.

A series of blocks, a turn, a thrust by the green blade was met with exactly the right response. Attack turned into defence, the boy suddenly being pressed backwards towards the far wall. He twisted and leapt sideways, the amber blade making the merest contact with one of his shins. No sooner had he landed, he jumped back the way he came, wrong footing his opponent. Pressing forwards with his newly won advantage he launched into a series of fast and choppy moves, the rhythm picking up tempo. The girl?s lightsabre was only just able to keep up with the attack, and perhaps sensing he was about to claim victory she tried to change the pattern of the blows. Putting all her strength into the move she blocked high to her right and holding that position aimed a kick towards his chest.

Her foot made contact, and the male padawan lost balance and concentration for a split second. The amber blade made contact with his hip as he tried to roll out of the way, and he gave a small hiss of pain as the blade caressed his skin. He pushed the pain and discomfort to the back of his mind, finding his focus again and concentrating on the rain of blows being thrown at him. Knowing he had to finish this quickly, he used her own tactics on her, this time blocking low and to the left before his longer legs tried to sweep her feet away from her.

Her gymnastic skills saved her from falling backwards, but caught off balance she was not ready for the next attack. The amber blade was sent spinning into a corner of the room, the green one being held triumphantly at the side of her head.

?Kill point.?

Jodi smiled weakly at his friend, sweat plastering his sandy hair to his head, his face flushed by both the practice and by beating Jasmyn again. The match had gone on for longer than either of them had expected and both were exhausted. He deactivated his lightsabre and breathed a sigh of relief.

Jasmyn threw him a cross between a smile and a grimace and turned and walked slowly towards Letina and Zac.

?That could have gone either way Jaz. He was lucky to get away from your last attack.? Letina tried to console her friend.

Jaz shrugged in answer as she picked up a container of water, gulping the contents down. Jodi sauntered across and eyed Zac?s arm. ?Well, it looks like the girls have won the battle of the healers. They?ve not got a mark on them, but we?ll need to get these seen to.?

Zac nodded his agreement and turned towards the girls. ?Yeah, we?ll see you in the gardens in a couple of hours.? They headed off towards the infirmary, discussing and reviewing their moves and performance.

Devlin waited until they?d left the room before slowly letting the girls become aware of her own presence there.

Jasmyn glanced over in her direction. ?Master??

Devlin walk

4. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Calam, I wish I could write fight scenes like that! What an excellent post! Mine always come out sounding like that Daffy Duck as Robin Hood cartoon!

Ho! Ha! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Thrust! You get my meaning!!

Loved it Calam! Now which councilmember?!

5. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Four days before departure

Rela sat in a chair and started spinning around.

?I am so bored.? she said to no one in particular.
    ?Welcome to the wonderful world of the Healers. It usually picks up when Kenobi arrives.? Simeon told her sarcastically

Rela just laughed a bit and continued to spin. Simeon started watching her being bored himself.

?Aren?t you getting dizzy?? he asked after a few minutes.
    ?Very, but I?m bored.?
    ?Why don?t you finish the account books you?ve been working on??

Rela stopped spinning and turned to face Simeon. ?I finished those two days ago.? she grinned and started spinning again.

?What are you doing here then??
    ?I don?t know? I first came in for a checkup. I kinda got used to hanging around here, but if you want me to leave I will.?
    ?Um, no that?s okay. You can stay.? he said quickly.
    ?By the way, how did the evening out last night go??

Simeon groaned.

?Let?s just say that anything that could have gone wrong did.?
    ?Like what?? Rela asked trying to hold back her mirth.
    ?Let?s see, where to start? Well, we went to this cantina and as soon as we walked in the door, someone tripped and ran into a waitress.?
    ?So??
    ?So, the waitress had a tray full of those flaming drinks and a table caught on fire.?

Rela started snickering.

?Along with who was sitting at the table.? He added.

Rela?s snickering turned into laughter.

?It?s not that funny! I liked that waitress and now she won?t even look at me.? he pouted.
    ?You pulled a Garos!? Rela asked as she wiped away the tears.
    ?I know!? he wailed.
    ?Aww, Simmy. It was an accident. Anyway leave her a big tip the next time.?
    ?There will be no next time!?
    ?Why not? Got your eye on another girl?? Rela teased.
    ?Maybe.? Simeon smiled back.

Rela just laughed and started spinning around again. Simeon saw An-Paj out of the corner of his eye and quickly picked up a tray to make it look like he was going something.

?You know what Simeon?? Rela asked him as she suddenly stopped. ?I?m kinda hungry.?

Rela was answered by the loud crash of whatever Simeon was caring. She turned to find him staring at her.

?What? Did I grow an extra head or something??
    ?You never eat.? he insisted.
    ?Well, I know because usually I?m busy, but I?m bored and feeling hungry. You want to go get something to eat??
    ?I need...? he started.
    ?An-Paj!? Rela yelled. ?Do you mind if I take Simeon to go buy me something to eat??
    ?Have fun!? An-Paj yelled back.

6. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Actually, I agree with Mouse. I can't do fight scenes either! Very nicely discribed sis! And as for who poor Jaz and Rin are going to be lumbered with...

Mouse, it's wonderful to see Simeon and Rela talking and getting on. She's actually going to eat something!!! Simmy doesn't know what to do, does he! Great post!

7. Jedi Kylenn

Jedi Kylenn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 1999
    Saber fight scenes are something of a misery for me as well. Calam that was great! So Devlin is going to have to play an "unusual role" during her mission? Why does that creep me out?

Gryph - Love how Kason perked up after hearing who was going on the trip - anything to avoid talking in social situations.

mouse - What a scream! So, THAT's why Rela was miserable last night.

?Do you mind if I take Simeon to go buy me something to eat??

LOL!!

8. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    Great posts Calam and Mouse! Mouse, Rela's not one to sugar-coat anything is she? She pretty much tells it like it is.

Calam, I have to echo the sentiments on the exceptional fight scene, it's almost like we're there inside the combatant's thoughts.

This is so cool! :)

9. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Didn't get a chance at work and look how many new posts there.

Mouse, the first post was so sad! I felt so bad for Rela. Not even Tube Rat was able to cheer her. The second post had me laughing like crazy!

?You pulled a Garos!? --I loved that line!

Gryph, that post is great even the second time around. I love the way Charsa and Kason relate. And like Jemmy, I would have loved to see him on the cantina crawl.

Calamity, like every said the sparring sequence was awesome! And I loved how Master Devlin had wanted to compliment Jaz on her lightsaber skills and how proud she was of her.

I also have a post for this current time but need to tweal a few things. I'll be back.

10. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    4 days before departure

"Proceed we shall to the next topic on our agenda." Yoda's eyes narrowed slightly, sleepy looking lids fooling nobody within the council chambers into thinking he was anything but alert. "Master Billaba. Something to say, you have."

Depa cleared her throat slightly and squirmed around on her seat, appearing far from comfortable.

"First of all, there's been a report of padawans misusing and abusing the turbo lifts - "

Mace snickered ever so slightly.

"Amusing you find this, Master Windu?" Yoda tilted his head.
    "N-no. No, Absolutely not. Just as you say it's an abuse of the facilities. Shocking. Tut-tut!" Mace replied instantly.

Yoda stared straight through him. "Hmmm." Was all the diminutive master said.

"May I continue, master?" Depa asked curtly. "I thought that it might be an idea to monitor the situation for a few days. Maybe we should suggest that one of the masters could patrol the area from time to time?"
    "A Jedi police outfit." Mace grimaced. "This really shouldn't be necessary."
    "Correct you are," Yaddle shook her head sadly, "But needed it is. Look what happened to Jemmiah."
    "Even so." Mace protested.

Master Gallia shuffled forwards and leaned on her elbows.

"Perhaps you'd like to remind us whose rooms were being used as a temporary love nest by padawan Kenobi and his girlfriend?" she said archly.

Mace swallowed and said nothing further.

"Find someone to do this, you can?" Yaddle asked.
    "I was going to suggest Master Berlingside. Infact when I mentioned it to him he seemed surprisingly keen." Depa answered.
    "If he spent more time watching his own padawan than snooping around after other badly behaved offenders he'd be better off." Mace mumbled sourly.
    "I'm not sure that Dex, er?that is to say Master Berlingside," Adi Gallia felt the blood rush to her cheeks slightly, "would be the right person for this task. If I know him he probably just wants a little of the turbo action for himself."
    "Disgraceful." Mace sniffed. "Unless you want him to be the great Jedi lift operator I suggest you rethink Dex. It'll be 'hello Master so-and-so. You're looking very pretty today. Which floor can I take you to? Heavens, isn't this lift small. Nevermind, going up!' And then you'll have all the female knights spending the whole day going up and down in the lifts!"
    "You wouldn't care to rephrase that, would you Windu?" Depa said dryly.

Mace blinked.

"Decide later on the candidate, we shall." Yoda decided. "Other matters to discuss, we have. Master Billaba, continue you will."
    "That brings me on to the matter of Knight Kizzen. His three years on Thalaatooine are over."
    "Done well, he has." Yoda nodded in satisfaction. "An asset he is. Bring him back to the temple. Think carefully of his next mission we shall."
    "I'll inform Knight Kizzen he is to be recalled." Depa nodded, ticking that off mentally. "What about Sara Tencourt?"
    "What about her?" Plo Koon asked as he looked down at his list. "She's scheduled to go on the excursion to Tildas. I have a place reserved for her?"
    "Look, is that wise?" Mace wondered. "She's had a lot of problems to deal with of late."
    "Padawan Harkley has had a lot of problems and HE'S been allowed to go." Adi Gallia muttered. "If anyone is crying out for exclusion I would have thought?"
    "Make an issue of this, we should not." Yoda tapped his stick on the floor to gain their attention. "A chance this is to resolve these matters. Agreed we did."
    "Not unanimously." Master Poof remarked.
    "In the minority, you were." Yaddle answered.
    "That's democracy." Mace smiled.

"Need this opportunity, padawan Harkley does. A chance to cleanse his mind. Time it is to let go of the past. Go on this trip, Master Berlingside's padawan will!" Yoda exchanged silent looks with Yaddle, nodding slightly.

"What of Sara Tencourt?" Depa said doggedly, determined not to lose track of the real issue. "She's off planet at the moment."
    "She'll be back in time." Mace sighed. "That's what her last communiqué said. More to the point, wh

11. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

That was a scream! Poor Mace, stuck with looking after a group of padawans! LOL!!!

I get the feeling the council had already decided that one.

My fave bit was Mace's discription of Dex and the lift..

12. Jedi Kylenn

Jedi Kylenn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 1999
    Beauty!

Loved how Mace described Toms as "Son of Dex." Makes it sound like a sequel to a horror film.

13. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Absolutely hysterical Jemmiah! The way the Council wrangled Mace be the one to supervise the Masterless Padawans was so smooth...'Son of Dex'...LOL!

And I'm glad to see Yoda sticking up for
    Jemmy!

Got a post that will probably have to be repositioned when it gets to Calam web site.

4 days before departure--early am

Sir Staven Darkblade knew he was awake without ever opening his eyes. He lay in his bed unmoving, intentionally keeping his breaths at the slow, regular pace of one sleeping.

Something had disturbed his slumber, and a rather delightful dream of the lovely, young woman he had spoken to at Lady Felmar?s party, he thought with annoyance as he listened intently to the dark room.

?sqeeeek?

There it was again. A sound he easily could identify as the slow and deliberate opening of the bay window that overlooked the garden.

His body tensed as he lay there, his back to the window. His heart beat pounded loudly in his ears as he waited for the soft ?click? and the inevitable burst of pain that would come from a blaster shot. Instead there was the soft rustle of furtive movement and he invisibly relaxed.

An assassin wouldn?t need to climb through the window. A robber then, he almost chuckled.

Taking a deep, noisy inhalation, he released it in hitches and casually rolled over. Now facing the intruder, he peered through slit eye lids at the figure framed in moonlight.

He could now make out whoever this was that had climbed three stories to his bedroom window. Standing motionless at his shifting was a small figure draped in black from head to foot, their head covered by a black hood. From a glint of moonlight he could tell the trespasser held some sort of knife in their left hand.

Staven felt a thrill of excitement. If the only weapon this interloper carried was a single blade he would be no match for the nearly six foot tall Lord of Dragoon who was as well versed in self-defense as dancing.

After nearly a full minute of waiting the figure stealthily moved toward him, blade held out.

Resisting the urge to move prematurely, he watched as the dark form approached his bed close enough to only have the armed hand in view, the blade only inches from his face.

The figure paused and Staven wondered two things. Just what this person was doing as it hovered over him and why he felt no sense of danger.

Finally he saw the hand fall away and just as the figure began to turn away, apparently satisfied he was still sound asleep, he made his move.

With swoop-like speed, he grabbed the intruder?s wrist that held the blade and with brute force pulled him onto the bed as he flipped over the smaller being. In less than a heartbeat the intruder had been disarmed, flung onto the bed and rendered immobile as Staven Darkblade straddled him, pinning both arms against his body.

?Lights on full!? Sir Darkblade commanded and the room was suddenly bathed in bright light.

?Get off me!? the trespasser growled in a deep, throaty voice trying to buck him off.

Crossing his arms over his chest in a smug manner, Staven laughed at the pathetic attempt to throw him off, causing his captive to redouble his effort, squirming like a Cearlean snake beneath him.

?Why don?t we have a look at you.? he said pulling on the top of the hood that hid the intruder?s face.

He stared in dismay as the identity of his assailant was revealed.

It was a woman...and not just any woman but the very one who?d inhabited his dreams only a short time ago.

?My dear? he smiled brightly, ?had I known your intentions were to get in my bed I would have gladly offered an invitation.?

Squinting at the monitor through blurred eyes, Healer Leona P?lila sighed with satisfaction. She had spent most of the night going through the infirmary inventory making her list of supplies for the retreat as per An-Paj?s request. Once done she?d taken the time to do some writing.

At the start of this novel the heroine had actually been Lady Felmar and Staven Darkblade ha

14. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

Wonderful addition to this story.

I loved the banter and teasing between Leona and "Doctor Delicious"!

And you're right, with Obi in the party, you should pack the infirmary!

15. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    Ah, an additional supply ship. ;) Nice opening, Leona. Now . . . how to get her to remember the perfectly wonderful smuggl- erm, freighter captain she met on the cantina crawl . . . :)

hehehe, and I loved the fact that she's writing a novel on the sly.

16. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    Excellent posts Gryph, Calam, Mouse, Jemmiah, and Leona!

That's far too many to go through individually! This is really intrguing! It should be very interesting with all these characters along.

17. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    Barely more than 25 hours old and we're already to page three. :) This has to be some kind of Fanfic record.

18. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    *Grin* Aww, I just already adore this story. It's so relaxing to come in and have something this fun to read. All you wonderful authors!

19. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Great posts everyone! Too much to praise in one short reply (unless you want me to take like three pages detailing everything oI liked!) Thanks Jemm for buying me some time, and Calam for organising it!

Guess who got her new computer! Hehehe! Back in business, soon I will be!

Kithera

20. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    Great work Jemmiah and Leona!! Jemmy, that whole post was an absolute riot, I have a bad feeling for poor ol' Mace.

And Leona, I love that post, and I'd have to agree that for a trip like this with the people involved, they might want to look a options for taking the infirmary WITH them. *grin*

21. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Nine days before departure, early evening

"Quilibet??asked Healer Leona gently from the doorway.

Lying on her side on the bed, her padawan braid curled tightly around one hand, Quilibet mumbled,?Go away.?

"The Council wants to see you. Come on, get up.?

After the funeral, Healer Leona had invited Quilibet to come and stay with her and her apprentice Dimallie in their small apartment. Nektanebos and Leona had been friends since their creche days, and Quilibet had stayed with the healer once before when Nektanebos had managed to both break and dislocate her knee, and had been required to stay in the infirmary for the better part of two weeks. After Nektanebos? death, Leona had offered as well to have Quilibet stay with her, but Radjedef had already asked her to become his padawan. She?d simply stayed in the apartment that she?d shared with Nektanebos, and Radjedef had moved in instead. Quilibet had felt safe with him. She?d already known him, liked him, and looked up to him like a big brother. He?d promised he?d never leave her, that he?d see her become a knight, but now, two short years later, he was gone. Just thinking about it made tears well up again in her swollen, sore eyes. She made no move to wipe them away.

"Quil,?said Leona, coming in and sitting down on the side of the bed. She reached out and placed a gentle hand on Quilibet?s shoulder, sending comfort through the Force.?Quil. Radjedef never intended to betray you. He always meant to keep his promise to you--he never once forgot it. Do you remember that time he got sick and refused to come to the infirmary because he didn?t want to leave you alone? And how Gethin--I mean Healer Territ moved in with the two of you, just to take care of him??

"Go away!?Quilibet said again, a bit louder this time. She didn?t want to remember how she had never once doubted that Radjedef would get better again. It had been truly inconceivable that he might die--he?d promised, after all. She?d trusted him to keep that promise, and he had not disappointed her--that time.

"The Council wants to see you,?Leona said again, standing up and reaching for Quilibet?s robe. She held it out invitingly.

"Tell them to go away, too,?Quilibet grumbled, but obedience had been drilled into her all her life, and so she sat up. Her head ached dully, and so did her heart, but she got to her feet and slipped into the robe, then shuffled slowly out of the room behind Leona. On the way to the Council chambers, she kept her head down, staring only at the floor and refusing to acknowledge anybody that they passed in the corridors. She couldn?t look at other people. They were all happy. None of -them- had lost two masters.

She didn?t start to wonder why the Council wanted to see her until they actually arrived at the small round room, but then it was too late. The doors opened and Leona led her in, and then she was standing in the middle of the circle, facing Master Yoda, Master Windu, and Knight Ki-Adi-Mundi.

"Padawan Lyr, we offer our condolences yet again on the death of Master Radjedef,?Master Windu said.

"Thank you,?Quilibet murmured, not quite able to meet his eyes and settling for his left cheekbone instead. Being there reminded her of being at the funeral, and how she?d broken down and cried. No Jedi ever cried as they stood watching the pyre--she assumed it just wasn?t allowed. They stood there stony-faced, accepting the will of the Force. Any grief was expressed in private, but Quilibet had not only cried, she?d screamed at Master Radjedef, and then she?d started to sob, all right there in the courtyard where everybody could see and blame her.

"Forget him, we will not,?Master Yoda said.?In our hearts forever, he is.?

Quilibet glanced at him, seeing only compassion in his large eyes and the position of his long ears, and managed to speak the words of thanks yet again as she blinked to keep her latest batch of tears from showing.

"His death came as a shock,?Ki-Adi-Mundi said slowly.?It is difficult for all of us to accept

22. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Awww, poor Quilibet! Jane that is soo sad!

Kithera

23. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    My sentiments exactly Kit'. Jane, that was a heartrending post, I hope Quil finds happiness eventually.

Wonderfully descriptive writing as usual Jane, the way you handle the interplay of emotions is spot-on! :)

24. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

A very touching and expressive post Jane.

I liked how she wanted to tell the council to go away, but automatically did what she was told.

I can't believe how many posts there are already!

25. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    A couple of fantastic posts there! Does anyone think Leona's drawing on real life to write her novels? She'll certainly have lots and lots of material to work from, he he! And 'Doctor Delicious! Better start packing for that trip, something tells me you're going to need to!

Jane, that was really sad! I liked Quillibet's surprise when she saw her new master and realized she was human! And how she cried at the funeral. Very touching :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.