main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Lion Sleeps Tonight (JA): *New post by HaiGan*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jemmiah, Feb 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    HE HE! Mace, what have you got yourself into? I think you've got a war on your hands! I loved the way that Quillan said "Pah!" to Mace before he even had a proper chance to explain himself!

As for Zac's poem, it was truly awful, in the nicest possible way! Great post Jane, it's no wonder Qillibet ran from the refectory (and for once it had nothing to do with the quality of the food!) after hearing such a terrible rhyme. Poor girl.

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Jane, you never cease to amaze me. That was wonderful. The way Quilibet refused to acknowlege Romedon with calling her Master and used a proper Master Tenex.

I couldn't help but laugh in horror at Zac's poem...that boy is just clueless! What was he thinking!!

Wonderful post Jane!

And a big WOW at over 100 posts already!

3. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    I love coming home and having two pages to catch up on!

I can't believe hopw wonderful this is and it just started! Jane, poor Quil. I hope she learns to like her master!

I would comment on everyone elses, but that would probably take up half a page! I'm just happy to be home!!!!

4. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Glad to have you back, Mouse!

For anyone who wishes to read the series of stories on 'Family Matters' which dealt with the loss of Obi and Jemmy's child, I have now put them up on a thread of their own and can be found at:

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=1978194

Thanks!

5. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Four days prior to departure

With the last of her patient?s seen, Leona looked forward to doing nothing more than falling into her bed and sleeping the day away.

The last twenty-four hours had been draining in more than just a physical way. There?d been canceling out on an evening with Qui-Gon, which was emotionally discouraging, An-Paj?s inventory report, which left no room for doubt that a second ship was needed.

In speaking with the Master Healer, he had left the task of obtaining the needed second vessel up to her, stating that she was the medical officer in charge. She had definitely gotten the impression that he was just a tad bit miffed at being excluded from the list of participants for this retreat and was purposely leaving her to hang in the wind, so to speak.

Then her conversation with Jemmiah. Leona knew she needed to speak with Qui-Gon about that. The young Corellian was on the verge of allowing herself to fall deeper into her despair as she slowly distanced herself from her pain and those around her who were trying to help.

Of course there was also the matter of young Quilibet Lyr. Leona had been instrumental in having her and Master Romedon Tenex names added to the list going on the retreat. She believed it would be a chance for the two of them to bond and the Council agreed.

Romedon had been thrilled but Quilibet?s reaction had been of utter dismay. She had pointedly told the healer that the trip was for Master and Padawan pairs and that she did not meet the criteria as she had no master.

She only hoped this trip would enable Quil to come to terms with her loss...as with Jemmiah as well.

Walking down the infirmary?s corridors lost in thought, she was knocked over by a large form dashing out from one of the rooms.

?Oomph, sorry Leona.? Mace apologized, hastily looking over his shoulder as he helped her to her feet.

?Mace why are you slinking around down here?? she asked in a curt tone while she delicately massaged her sore backside.

?I am not slinking!? he answered indignantly, squaring his shoulders, ?I was just speaking with Master Quillan about accompanying his Padawan on the retreat.?

?You?re going to be in charge of a Padawan?? Leona smirked.

?Why should that be so amusing?? the Council member frowned at her, ?I?m perfectly capable of dealing with one small boy while on this retreat.?

?Speaking of the retreat? Leona restrained herself from further comment on his abilities with children, ?I?ve ascertained we are in need of another ship.?

?What? The Chancellor?s sail barge is more than large enough for our needs. It can accommodate over one hundred beings and we don?t have half that many going.? Mace disputed.

?Well yes, beings. But I?ve been told we?re to restock the compound as it?s in need of repairs and supplies. From what I?ve seen the barge is inadequate in terms of cargo space.?

Loud voices could now be heard coming from the room Mace had just left causing him to nervously draw back from the door.

?Whatever you decide will be fine Leona.? he said as he hurried away down the corridor.

?But Mace where am I to find a ship?? she frantically called after his retreating form.

?I?m sure you?ll think of something. What ever you decide just sign my name to the requisition.? In a flash, he was gone, leaving Leona to wonder just where she?d find a pilot and ship on such short notice.

6. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Umm, Mace? Are you sure about that?

Excellent post Leona!

Trust Leona to make sure that this trip is to help those who need it heal!

7. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

Love it Leona! Lots of lovely little touches.

Hmm, now where could she POSSIBLY find a ship from...?

8. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Poor Leona! An-Paj miffed at not going? That wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that Simeon is, would it?! Ha ha, poor man. And where will Leona find that ship? Even though she's tired Leona still feels concern for everyone else, she's really compassionate :)

9. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I simply can't imagine why An-Paj would be miffed about not being included on the trip, after seeing only the same old infirmary walls and the same old patients ("He calls all the patients Obi-Wan. After all, he's got a ninety-five percent chance of being right!") day-in and day-out for months and years! Nope, just can't imagine why. <g> Great post, Healer Leona, and thanks so much for including Quilibet!

Great posts, everybody!

10. Jedi Kylenn

Jedi Kylenn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 1999
    If I were to point out all the good things about the latest set of posts I'd end up writing a dissertation.

Great job, everyone!

11. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Jemmiah wandered aimlessly round the gardens, listening to the buzz of air traffic in the distance mixed with the sound of rushing water from the fountains. The temple gardens were special; an oasis of peace and greenery amidst a backdrop of what was otherwise wall to wall permacrete. She could well understand how so many people would choose to spend their spare hours here. Well, perhaps not Mace, she thought with a weary snicker to herself. Quillan had him well and truly scared off, not that the otherwise fearless and respected Master Windu would ever admit it.

Everywhere she had gone since she had left the infirmary Jemmy had run across people saying that Krelo was searching for her, that Krelo wanted to talk. Which only meant one thing.

Lilith wanted to know how she was.

There was no way she wanted Lilith to find out about that disaster three months ago. Jemmiah had no idea why it was so important, only that she wanted Lilith to think well of her, even if nobody else did. There would be little chance of that should Krelo find out and tell her. The tall smuggler would become just another critic and that was something she could well do without.

The trees. They were always friendly to her problems, always sympathetic. She'd been going to that spot in the gardens now for years and years, ever since she'd first arrived at the temple. So much water had flown under the bridge since then, not all of it tranquil, but the trees never seemed to mind or object to her presence. She rubbed absently at the small flesh colored plaster on her arm where Leona had used the hypodermic, not knowing whether she should hope that something wrong would be found with her or not. If they did at least they could fix it. If they didn't it was most likely what Leona said. A mental problem.

As the Corellian lengthened her loping stride she spotted a figure already sitting there in her place and a flash of annoyance briefly surfaced at the intrusion, until she saw who it was. The face looked up to meet her own.

Obi-Wan.

//Sith! Now what do I do?// Jemmy thought desperately. //I don't know what to say! Maybe I should just walk away?//

But it was too late for that. He was already standing, waiting for her to go over to him. The smile may not have made it to his lips but it was plain to see in his blue eyes. He was happy to see her. Not mad. She couldn't leave now; it would just hurt him so much. Steeling herself to remain calm, Jemmy found herself standing before him, looking at his chin instead of his eyes.

"Hello." He smiled.
    "Hi." Jemmiah answered uncertainly as he somewhat gallantly removed his robe and placed it on the ground for her to sit on. She smiled thinly and lowered herself down, wondering what on Coruscant she would find to say as he sat himself next to her.

"I'm glad you decided to look for me." He said warmly. "I was wondering what I had to do to catch up with you."
    "Look, I'm sorry about earlier." Jemmy interrupted. "I know I should have waited for you but I wasn't feeling to great. I just needed to get out of there."
    "How are you now?" he frowned, not wanting to scare her away by seeming too anxious.
    "Tired." She mumbled.
    "You should go to the healers." Obi-Wan said the word as if it were a curse.
    "I did," Jemmiah replied, still not looking at him, "that's why I've got this ugly thing stuck to my arm. They could at least have found something that went with my outfit."

Obi-Wan chuckled fondly.

"How are you?" she asked.
    "So-so." He shrugged.

There was an extraordinary long pause where both of them sat and fidgeted.

"I confess I was worried." Obi-Wan spoke eventually.
    "About what?"
    "Well, we've hardly seen each other in the last eight weeks or so what with one thing or another. Qui-Gon and I have been on missions. Small ones, I know, but they've kept us apart when we've most needed to be together." He turned to stare intently at her. "And when you kept avoiding me I thought for a dreadful moment you were trying to tell me you didn't want to see me any more."

There followed another l

12. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000
    Wahoo! Jemmy and Rela are going!!!!!!

I liked how Obi walked her to find Mace! Good post sis!

13. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    All I can say is those Jedi better watch out! Tee-Hee!

Excellent post Jem!!

14. Jedi Kylenn

Jul 2, 1999
    It's good that the baby now has a name, especially one that honors Elva. Nice touch.

Fortunate thing Rela is going along, Jem and Obi both need her.

15. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    Those last few posts were great!

That poem... that was just awful (the content, not the quality *g*). I also thought it was good how Quilibet was annoyed by the smallest things with her Master, her voice, breakfast etc.

Poor Mace too, but he does bring it on himself! LOL! And Simeon is going without An-Paj? Interesting.

It's good that Obi-Wan and Jemmy have worked those few things out, but I fear they still have a long way to go. And Rela's going? lol.

Excellent posts everyone!

16. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    A lovely post Jemmy!

I liked the reasoning behind the name Emma, that was really thoughtful on Obi-Wan's part.

Now that Jemmy talked Rela into joining them maybe we'll find out what's been troubling our little red-head!

17. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
  18. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Should be a riot now Rela's coming...if Qui-Gon doesn't kill her first, he he!

19. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    Great stuff everybody! EEK!! Gotta run!! I'm headed home tomorrow...

20. Frostfyre

Frostfyre Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 25, 1999

This is just great. I loved the yougurt bit--someone's been watching Real Genius!! <grins>

Poor Jemmy. And what's Rela so upset about? Or is it just dealing with her problem?

21. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

Technical problems! Jem keeps getting thrown off her connection. Hopefully she'll get on long enough to post. She is trying!

22. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    4 days before departure

"?and we talked. I didn't think we'd ever get to talk again." Obi-Wan couldn't help but smile. "It's not much but it's a step in the right direction. Then when she told me she'd taken her name off the list I just couldn't believe it!"
    "I know. Dex told me." Qui-Gon studied the relieved face of his padawan across from where they were sitting. "It's certainly strange behavior from her. I would have thought she'd have jumped at the chance to go on vacation, just like we used to."
    "But that's just it," Kenobi twisted his braid between his fingers, "It's not like it used to be. There's not just her, you and me going on this. There's a cast of thousands and more extras than you could shake Yoda's stick at."
    "Yes," mused Qui-Gon, "It will certainly be an experience. No doubt we will all learn something from it."
    "What do you think Master Windu will learn?" snickered Obi-Wan, his chat with Jemmiah having lifted his spirits. "How do you think he will cope?"
    "It will do him good. It's been too long since he had to suffer looking after a padawan."
    "Suffer? Master, you make me sound like an irritating boil!"
    "Well?"
    "Don't answer that." Obi-Wan whistled cheerfully as he stood, stretching his arms above his head, a feeling of satisfaction at the turn of events in his favor.

Qui-Gon mused at the sudden turn around in his previously unhappy padawan.

"You won't be quite so chipper when I tell you about the five thousand word galactic history assignment you've got to finish before we leave for Tildas." He grinned mercilessly.
    "Eh?"
    "Pardon." Reproved Qui-Gon.
    "Why? What have you done?" Obi-Wan threw him a slow wink. "Or is it what you've got planned for tonight that you're apologizing for?"
    "Padawan!"
    "Sorry master." Obi-Wan walked over to the fruit bowl and picked up a Petal fruit, rubbing it on his sleeve a few times and sinking his teeth into it.
    "You will be! There are plenty of other things I could do with that fruit?"
    "I don't think I want to hear the sordid details of what you and Leona get up to." Kenobi laughed.

Qui-Gon stood up; looking menacingly tall and Obi-Wan chuckled and backed away, relieved when the door chime sounded.

"Saved by the bell." Qui-Gon shot him a look.

Obi-Wan retorted by shoving virtually half the entire fruit in his mouth all at once.

//He certainly never picked up those disgraceful manners from me!// thought Qui-Gon irritably as he opened the door. //Infact I'm not sure anything will ever shock me more than the sight of?//

His thoughts cut off in a flash as he was met by the staggering sight of an out of breath Rela trying to keep a severely intoxicated Jemmiah from hitting the ground, an almost unequal struggle for the smaller girl. Rela grimaced as she squinted up into Qui-Gon's stony face.

"Delivery for the Jinn residence." She joked feebly.
    "What has happened here?" Qui-Gon demanded. "And why am I asking such a stupid question when it's obvious what's happened here?"
    "Look, it's not what you think." Rela began defensively. "She said she wanted to get away from the temple for a bit. Just relax away from prying eyes."
    "So you thought you'd get her drunk?" Qui-Gon lowered his voice dangerously.
    "I'm NOT stupid!" Rela hissed back at him. "I stopped her before she did any real damage. You should think yourself lucky I was there, or else you'd have been getting a call from the local infirmary, especially considering the rate she was knocking 'em back!"

Jemmy opened one eye.

"I'm still here." She moaned piteously. "Don't speak over me."
    "What have you got to say for yourself?" Jinn demanded.

Jemmiah stared at him.

"I'm going to be very sick." She stated. "I need to use the fresher."
    "Ah?oh." Qui-Gon grabbed her shoulders from Rela and pulled the Corellian inside the apartment, Rela trailing absently behind.

Obi-Wan stared in disbelief as his master hauled Jemmiah in the direction of the 'fresher. It had been only two hours before when he'd last seen her. OK, she hadn't exactly been in the greatest of moods

23. Frostfyre

Frostfyre Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 25, 1999

Eee! She posted! I hear that servers are just being Sithly today. I hate that.

24. Jedi Kylenn

Jul 2, 1999
    Coruscant, 4 days before departure - Middle of the night:

The young man startled awake and sat bolt upright, blankets pooling around his waist. His eyes flew open and the sound of his own ragged breathing filled his ears. Shaking, he looked frantically through his darkened surroundings and discovered...

He was alone, safe in his own room with only the filtered shadows cast by the moon and the quiet hum of Courscant's nighttime traffic to touch his senses.

Closing his dark brown eyes he laid back down and called on the Force, breathing in and out slowly and evenly, calming his trembling body and allowing the last vestiges of his troubled sleep fade as reality came back to him.

//It was only a nightmare...it was...//

Then a cold realization slowly crept over him.

Kryztan rolled over onto his stomach, elbows propped on the pillow and held his head in his hands.

//Oh no! Not again...//

25. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

Great posts Jem and Kylenn!

Qui-Gon should be ashamed of himself, talking to Rela like that!

And Kryztan, "not again". On no indeed.

Here's another short one.

Three days before departure, morning.

Kylenn opened her eyes and squinted towards the group of figures silhouetted in the early morning sunlight, watching them slowly approach her. Pushing herself into a sitting position, she brushed some blades of grass from her robes and waited until they were closer to her before giving them a cheery ?Good morning?. She received one cheery reply in return and three mumbled ones. Kylenn frowned at Jasmyn, Letina and Jodi as they sat down next to her and turned her gaze questioningly to Zac.

?What?s up with those three? I?ve seen council meetings with more sparkle in them.?

Zac rolled his eyes dramatically and let out a sigh to match it.

?Firstly, Jaz is still moping about not being allowed to go on a mission with her Master, and that she won?t be with her on the trip to Tildas.?

Jaz shot him a look, but said nothing.

?Mmm, understandable? Kylenn mused. ?I feel the same about not having Master Yaddle along. But Jodi, Letina, you?ve known for weeks your Masters would be unable to go. So why the long faces??

Letina?s reply was to hide her head in her arms, and Jodi muttered something to himself which Zac obviously heard. The latter?s mouth split into a wide grin, merriment sparkling in his eyes.

?You mean to say no one?s told you yet who?s looking after the padawans whose masters can?t attend?? His grin grew even larger as Kylenn shook her head and looked apprehensively from one of them to another.

?It?s Master Windu? Jodi moaned.

?Well, I don?t think I deserve this.? Jaz added in a subdued tone. ?I mean, it?s bad enough to be separated from my master for the first time, but to have the folically challenged one looking after us??

?I?ve been a good padawan. Well, most of the time.? Letina whined. ?The whole trip?s going to be a disaster now; there?s no way he?s going to let us enjoy ourselves. We?ll be studying galactic history while everyone else is sunbathing. It?s not fair!?

Zac shook his head. ?Listen to all of you. You sound like a bunch of initiates. You think you were being tortured instead of going on a trip.? Three pairs of eyes filled with indignation and self-pity latched onto him and he held his hands up as if defending himself. ?Okay, he?s not the most lenient of Jedi. He?s quite strict and likes order and structure. And his fondness for galactic history and politics is well documented. However, aside from all that you?ll all be fine, isn?t that right Kylenn??

He turned to his friend for support and found her staring at him in horror, her mouth slightly open as if she?d forgotten to close it.

?So? Jaz replied, raising her eyebrows at Zac, ?you?d be quite content to have Master Windu supervise you for the entire trip??

?Oh no? Zac answered cheerily, ?I?d hate to have him breathing down my neck every second of the day.?

The others looked at each other, and as one person all stood and started to walk away from Zac. He quickly scrambled up after them.

?Hey, c?mon! I was only joking. Please guys, give me a break...?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.